530 Milton Rd.
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lapanetiere.com/
- Phone: 9149678140
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday to Saturday 6:00pm - 9:30pm Sundays:Lunch 1:00pm -3:00pm and Dinner 5:00pm to 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine: Jean Marc Cabriol
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Catering: La Panetière offers a full line of Catering Services and Special Holiday Event Offerings. From a casual get together to an elegant affair, let our experienced chefs and waiters travel to your office to handle everything from set up to clean up for a stress-free hosting experience.
- Private Party Facilities: La Panetière offers three private rooms perfect for corporate events and holiday parties. Owner Jacques Loupiac and his team have many offerings for your party, from hors d’oeuvres to entrées straight through to our homemade desserts. Jacques can also suggest brilliant wines to accompany your meal.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Just 9149678140
- Special Events: Visit our website to view special events from wine tasting dinners to live music.
A word from La Panetiere
Owner Jacques Loupiac presents a taste of Provence at La Panetiere. The cuisine is contemporary french, and the dishes change with the season reflecting upon products purchased from market-gardeners, fishermen, free-range poultry farmers, and other purveyors who deserve the respect of their authentic products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Panetiere - Best Restaurants in Rye ›
La Panetiere reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (77)romantic (68)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (14)good for groups (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Has Never DisappointedSZGVJSDined on 8/26/2014This is one of our absolute favorite restaurants. We are treated as family, the food and service are superb. We have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- MagnifiqueMooseVIPDined on 8/22/2014We used to dine here regularly. Then we moved away from the area and haven't been back for 10+ years. So we were a bit apprehensive about what we'd find after so much time. Turns out La Panatiere is as good as ever! For lunch there was only one other table occupied, so service was perfect. I can't say what it's like on a crowded Saturday evening. Foie gras and duck terrine for appetizers, both outstanding. Lobster casserole and Dover Sole for the mains, both outstanding. I love Dover Sole but when you see it on a menu it's usually just a dressed-up flounder. Here, it's the real thing, cooked perfectly in a beurre blanc sauce, filleted table-side. Assorted cheeses instead of dessert; perfect with our remaining wine. We LOVE La Panatiere.Special Features:
- GeeGeeDined on 8/20/2014The food was very good, but not quite good enough for the prices charged. Wonderful gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TimeAteWellDined on 8/20/2014This is an exquisite restaurant. The food, service and ambiance spectacular. Pricey, but well worth it. The French flair makes it well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Scrumptious French CuisineDiningDivaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here many times. As always, each dish was expertly prepared. You can tell that great care was given to the preparation and presentation of each dish. Attention to detail was first rate. The mix of flavors was enticing to the palate. Their grand marnier souffle is to die for! Don't miss it! The service is always outstanding. After each meal, I feel like I've been to a "real" country inn in the French countryside. Well worth the money.Special Features:
- The bestpsampsDined on 8/14/2014La Panatiere has not lost a beat. The staff is friendly, efficient and attentive to all one's needs. Chef Dean Loupiac creates traditional and innovative French cuisine in the same breath and makes La P the most sought after venue in the Fairfield/Westchester region for true devotees of fine French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIALDelphineDined on 8/1/2014delicious, flavorful, special... Enjoy every dish... special **** for the grand Marnier Soufle! tahnk you!Special Features:
- The best, as always.AuconeDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated each of our birthdays at La Panetiere, one lunch, one dinner. Both were memorable experiences. The restaurant maintains a high level of service and cuisine that is rare in today's dining world.Special Features:
- The best restaurant around hereArthurSVIPDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant provides probably the best dining experience in all of Westchester County. The food and the service are both absolutely top drawer; it's not cheap, but it's worth every penny. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real French Cuisine ExperienceRettDined on 7/29/2014Everything you would expect from a real French restaurant with a high quality and friendly service.Special Features:
- SpoilednewyorkersSpoilednewyorkersDined on 7/26/2014Hadn't been to La Panetiere in a while, though only heard good things from all my friends who visit it regularly and always speak about their lunch or dinner experiences enthusiastically. We just didn't have the opportunity to go. When an occasion came up, a friends birthday, we booked knowing that we will have a good meal and looked forward to the lovely setting we remembered. But our expectations were surpassed. The welcome, friends called ahead to ask for a downstairs table, was warm and friendly. Service, friendly, drinks delicious and each dish worth marveling about. We pre-ordered 3 soufflés and I had the most picture perfect dacquoise which wasn't only pretty but delicious.. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- It Doesn't Get Better than This!BellaDined on 7/25/2014I was fortunate to dine here twice last week: lunch & the next evening dinner. At lunch my 3 sisters celebrated my birthday. Next evening, with my husband, the thoughtful, alert waiter remembered my birthday & surprised me again with a birthday treat & even a little take-away gift of delectable choc. truffles. This was my 3rd visit. I live in Wash., DC; if I lived closer, we would be regular customers. This sublime restaurant is a disappearing type: total professionalism in food prep, ambiance & service. From the presentation of delicious rolls and the amuse bouche to the jewel-like complimentary sweet treats at the dinner's conclusion, it's perfection without stuffiness. It follows old-world fine-dining rules with a trendy menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister3Dined on 7/24/2014Le Panetiere is always a special place. I chose this as a destination for myself and three sisters to celebrate a milestone birthday for one of us. Though none of us live in the Rye area, we all met there for lunch. The staff made us all feel so welcome and comfortable and accommodated our special birthday requests. As always, the food was superb and beautifully presented. My birthday sister enjoyd it so much that she and her husband returned the next night for dinner. If you have not dined at Le Panetiere, I highly recommend it. It is a very special place.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunchgerryjudgementDined on 7/23/2014Once again one cannot say anything bad about this wonderful restaurant. Don't miss their lunch specials. Great food with impeccable service.Special Features:
- ExcellentClumberDined on 7/20/2014Fabulous food, wonderful service. Perfect for all occasions.Special Features:
- As always- a real treatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014This is the only place to go and be totally assured of a wonderful evening. Menus is always changing with excellent choices. The service adds to the experience. We find ourselves always returning when we want to have a perfect meal and a perfect time.Special Features:
- classyobsessedwithfoodDined on 7/16/2014Great place to eat and have some high end wines in a elegant setting without having to go to city.Special Features:
- You would think you were in Paris.JosephDined on 7/15/2014I travel the globe extensively. This is one of the finest dining experiences I have had. Exceptional food. World class service. Charming and romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014The service and food at La Panetiere was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014As always an incredible experience with magnificent food and wine served by professionals. Attention to detail is near flawless yet not tense. We have been dining there for over 20 years and perhaps I might have missed it on previous visits but I do not remember seeing as many guests without jackets (or ties) as we did on Saturday. Certainly understand the new move to relaxed dining but this remains a traditional French dining experience and while that may play well in other places I think this experience deserves a bit more formality. One look at the food and you know that the kitchen was working all day to prep that dish. That much effort deserves the respect of a jacket and tie.Special Features:
- FabulousFoodie26VIPDined on 7/12/2014We have been going to La Panetiere for years, and although it was usually good, there were ups and downs . However, the last few times we went, everything was wonderful. We've had the best meals we've ever had there. If you haven't been there for a while, try it again. If you've never been there and want a beautiful,elegant French restaurant with great food and service, give it a try. Also, definitely have a soufflé! The grand marnier one is amazing.Special Features:
- Old reliablerinsdbVIPDined on 7/11/2014Consistently good with French countryside ambiance and attentive service.Special Features:
- Excellent, But...rowalaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We dined using a Groupon. As with prior times when we have gone, the food was excellent with very attractive presentations. Courses that were shared were pre-split by the kitchen, which was a nice touch (including the soufflé dessert which they did by making two small soufflés). Two complaints. First, the Groupon cost $82 and was "valued" at $165. If one chose the most expensive items, the maximum regular value was about $130, so they are overstating the value by about 25%. Still a good deal, but not as good. Second, they charge tax on the $165 value rather than the price paid (which is contrary to NY sales tax regulations). Between the extra tax and tipping on the stated "value," the actual price paid is much closer to full cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- お気に入りのレストランAkinoAnnDined on 7/8/2014私の お気に入りのレストランです。 サービスは最高で、お料理はいつもおしゃれ。 季節に応じたメニューはいつも楽しみです。Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014Just an excellent overall experience. Excellent food and service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- DisapointingDonJVIPDined on 7/3/2014Long my favorite they seem to be changing from traditional to experimental with classic dishes. I prefer the old way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014a charming restaurant that serves delicious food,well-presentedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceAACNYDined on 7/1/2014Arrived early. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Food perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninspiredOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014While the overall ambiance was very pleasant, and the service fairly good, the menu was uninspired.Special Features:
- Great ServiceAdamLipsonVIPDined on 6/24/2014In the old days, there were professional waiters. These "professional waiters" were not actors looking for work. They were people that took serving food to customers as a profession. La Panetiere hasn't forgotten what it means to have a professional wait staff....or, what is traditionally known as "French Service". From the moment you arrive, they know who you are. They know where they are seating you and hey know what you ate the last time you ate at their restaurant. There food is very, very good. There waitstaff is attentive and it is clear that most of them have worked at La Panietieire for at least 20 year. I am coming back to try ti again. AdamSpecial Features:
- great little gem in westchesterzamreDined on 6/20/2014this restaurant has great food, excellent service and fabulous ambience. from the friendly and knowledgeable staff to other patrons, i had a great time dining here and will definitely be back soon. it felt very much like a nyc restaurant, but with the cozy westchester warmth. i would highly recommend this place to all my friends and family.Special Features:
- specialGreatDined on 6/18/2014Had a great anniversary dinner. Food, service, and ambiance were great.Special Features:
- Simply the BestRay4784Dined on 6/3/2014La Panetiere is the finest restaurant I've encountered in Westchester. I've eaten here numerous times over the years and it never fails to please, whether for a small intimate dinner, or a large, special occasion dinner. The food, the staff, and the setting is perfect. Dessert is a special event all its own!Special Features:
- Always excellent meal!dupesterVIPDined on 6/3/2014While it had been about 20 years, the meal was extraordinary in every way. The delicately sauteed BABY soft shell crabs were the best I've ever had! The lovely mixed greens/vegetables salad was beyond any i have had and it's hard to make a mixed salad something to talk about. But the creme de la Creme was the grand marnier souffle cooked to perfect delivered at the perfect moment and imbued with the right amount of creme anglaise. It is hard to get just one of these things right but to do all is simply amazing. Kudos to all and thanks for making a lovely evening for two old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantPaulKDined on 5/31/2014Clearly the best restaurant in Westchester. Always outstanding food and service. It was my parents' favorite restaurant and my wife and I feel the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodDTravelerDined on 5/30/2014Always enjoy visits to this special occasion restaurant. I decided to be adventurous and order the "shad roe". Not to my likeing (a bit bitter) & will not order it here again. Since I have never tried it before, I don't know if it was the manner in which it was prepared, or if I simply don’t like shad roe. Everything else was delicious & I will return.Special Features:
- LovelyPhotomammaVIPDined on 5/23/2014I've been to La Panetiere twice in the last few months. The first time was with a group of ten and we had a beautiful private room. The second time we were in the garden room which was equally lovely. The food is wonderfully French. Everything was delicious and I would highly recommend La Penetiere.Special Features:
- Nice intimate restaurant.AcongoliosDined on 5/21/2014Food was good but minimalist. Wine selection is superb. The menu is limited but with nice options and quality. A little bit overpriced but it worth the experience. This is a very traditional old school service type restaurant perfect for a special occasion or a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 5/18/2014The cod was disappointing. It had a fishy taste and lacked an interesting sauce. I expected more from a fabulous French restaurant.Special Features:
- always an exceptional placescorpioDined on 5/18/2014dood,service and ambiance as good as it gets in westchester countySpecial Features: