La Pace with Chef Michael
51 Cedar Swamp Road
Glen Cove, NY 11542Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Pace with Chef Michael
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lapaceglencove.com/
- Phone: 5166712970
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Mossallam
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: La Pace can accommodate your next special occasion from 10 guest to as many as 160, including weddings bar mitzvah, anniversaries and birthdays, whether on premises or at your own home.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private rooms are available for all occasions. You can Combine all three rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Michael 5166712970
- Entertainment: Live music.
- Special Events: Please check our website for details!!
A word from La Pace with Chef Michael
In Italian, La Pace means "Peace"- the kind that will fill you with joy and contentment each time you dine with us. One of Long Island's top five restaurants, La Pace is fine dinning landmark over the past 25 years that is truly exquisite in every way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Pace with Chef Michael reviews from OpenTable diners
- Enjoyed ourselves so muchCookieDined on 7/5/2013Enjoyed ourselves so much we made reservations to come back for the lobster special.Special Features:
- I have been to La Pace manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013I have been to La Pace many times. This was a special birthday dinner for my husband. It was not up to its usual standards. The staff did not seem to know who ordered which dish and one guest who specifically said they had food allergies needed to send her meal back twice. I was very disappointed with the nuance as well. Dinner was not served in the regular dining room and I was unable to make a reservation for 7 pm even though when we arrived at 7:30 there were only 2 or 3 tables being served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013Our meal was very good and we had excellent service. The ambiance was very nice and Chef Michael made us feel special. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WASTE OF TIMEBenDoverDined on 3/23/2013Food ok, ambiance ok, service terrible. The best way to describe the service in this restaurant is "ignored" Lots of help ealking around but no one seemed to care about their job. There are many restaurants in Glen Cove that have better food and much better service at less cost. Don't waste your time here.
- The food is always delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/23/2013The food is always delicious. Chef Michael and staff keep the environment warm amd friendly. Looking forward to going back.
- Food was very good thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Food was very good though menu is not extensive. Decor desperately needs to be updated.Special Features:
- Great date night dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Great date night! My husband and I really wanted a special dinner. We had never been to La Pace. Wow it was amazing!! Food was incredible, wait staff was top notch and the ambiance was just perfect with it's roaring fireplace. I had a special pasta dish with Lobster and shrimp and my husband had the veal. Just amazing. I would recommend this is everyone! Give it a try. You will love it.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013We had a wonderful dining experience at La Pace with Chef Michael before attending a performance at Tilles Center. We were greeted by a friendly, attentive staff and a blazing fire in the fireplace. The other diners appeared to be throughly enjoying themselves, but the noise level was subdued, making it very easy to carry on a conversation. We ordered a salad that we intended to share, and it was thoughtfully plated on separate dishes. Our entrees of rigatoni with ricotta and basil and filet of sole almondine were delicious. A shared dessert, blueberry poundcake, was served as two smaller slices and accompanied by fresh blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream. It was the perfect ending to a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious food.FavoriteVIPDined on 3/1/2013Consistently delicious food. The kitchen will make anything you ask for. Service is impeccable. You are able to enjoy the person or people you are dining with! No need to scream across the table. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Perfect for Romantic DinnersJomoDined on 2/16/2013Great food, great service. La Pace is the place my wife and I go for a fine meal in a romantic setting. No table crowding, a fireplace and perfect lighting make for a romantic dinner. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- My only disappointment wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My only disappointment was the candle was missing on our table in the room straight back from entering the restaurant. The food, service, and greeting from the chef was on point. We will definitely give La Pace another visit. Just have a candle on the table, please! This was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- The place was very quiet onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013The place was very quiet on an early Saturday night. There was only one other couple there with us that night. The restaurant was lovely inside and the service was good, but I expected the food to be better. It wasn't bad but it really wasn't anything special.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/13/2013Everything was excellent but it was so ... Well... Empty. A shame really because everything was done so well.Special Features:
- Expect better service in aBenDoverDined on 12/8/2012Expect better service in a restaurant of this calibar
- We had mixed expectationsFredVIPDined on 11/22/2012We had mixed expectations about having Thanksgiving dinner out - but the staff and kitchen at LaPace made the meal very nice - thoughtfully prepared turkey with all the trimmings - a nice appetizer - included dessert amd great service.Special Features:
- We went for the ThanksgivingPabloDined on 11/22/2012We went for the Thanksgiving Day special but were disappointed to find out appetizers were separate. The desserts were exceptional. We will have to come back on a day that is not a holiday for a better food-tasting experience.Special Features:
- We were celebrating gettingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2012We were celebrating getting back home after being without power, heat, or water for 2 weeks due to hurricane Sandy and we needed a special place to be pampered. La Pace was our first choice! Service was exceptional, outstanding, perfecto -we loved our waite, Jose! Our food was wonderful, as always! Only 2 complaints...they were trying some guy playing an electric piano and he was AWFUL!!! The waiter assured us it was the guy's first night. Hoping it will be his last!!! It was so bad it would be a reason not to return. Only other thing was it the room was a bit too bright, they should have dimmed the lights. Next time I'll just ask them to adjust and I'm sure they will. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- Food is excellent! WaitersOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/16/2012Food is excellent! Waiters a little unfriendly Italian live singer gets on your nervesSpecial Features:
- Of our three dishes 1 wasRoboDined on 11/10/2012Of our three dishes 1 was cold, 1 luke warm, and 1 properly hot as all three should have been. To make matters worse our server "George" was rude, though all the other staff were very nice.
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012The food was excellent as well as the service. It was a wonderful atmosphere. Even chef michael came around to make sure everyone was happy with their food. I love the fact that many restaurants participate in this restaurant week; it allows people to get out and try new places with great food at an affordable price. It was especially good timing because of the fact many people are without power or lost much of their food do to the storm. Overall a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- First time there and enjoyedannivcoupleDined on 10/6/2012First time there and enjoyed it thoroughly. Very attentive wait staff. Fresh, well prepared and presented food. Have gotten less for more at other restaurants. Will definately return.Special Features:
- Excellent food and a veryjgrahamiiiVIPDined on 9/30/2012Excellent food and a very nice, reasonable prix fixe menu when we went. Would have been expensive (though not exhorbitant) but for that, but the quality of the ingredients and the cooking would justify the prices. We will go back for the full menu soon.Special Features:
- La Pace is a fantastic restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2012La Pace is a fantastic restaurant. The service staff is exceptional! Along with Chef Michael they treat EVERY person in the restaurant as if they were the most important person there. Chef Micheal come to every table to not just greet you but to talk to you and make sure your experience is perfect. Chef Michael's menu and execution of each dish is superb. Their price fix menu is by far the best value of any restaurant on Long Island. We will be regulars here for a long time.Special Features:
- La Pace has always been aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012La Pace has always been a favorite of mine. It is old-world ambiance and great food. Chef Michael is an artist and wonderful chef. Anything on the menu is worth a try.Special Features:
- I've been in this industryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012I've been in this industry for many years and I was very impressed with the service. The servers were on top of everything but at the same time gave us room to breathe and enjoy our meals. Thank you again for making my moms birthday so special!Special Features:
- The decor is tired and isAnonymousDined on 9/21/2012The decor is tired and is in desperate need of an update, as is the menu. The average age of customer is over 50 so the ambiance was not lively. The food, for the most part, was what I could make at home. It was underwhelming. The dessert tasted store bought. I will say that the veal scallopine dish was good, very tender. But everything else lacked refinement and good flavor. I went to this place on the strength of its reviews online; hopefully this review gives people pause before considering going there for a meal. Oh...I didn't even mention the borderline domestic violence incident that took place 2 tables away from us. That was the cherry on top of the sundae...which was actually a highlight of the evening.
- The pasta was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2012The pasta was excellent, but the seafood was overcooked.
- Enjoyed the evening - specialALFFEL58Dined on 8/23/2012Enjoyed the evening - special occassion. Service very good, food very good.Special Features:
- Good, but not great, thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Good, but not great, there are much better restaurants in the neighborhood, The service was spotty and the scene tired. Chef Michael was out in the dining room and he's filled with personality!Special Features:
- Hadn't been there in awhile,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012Hadn't been there in awhile, since I don't live nearby. Four of us, who eat out frequently, had dinner on a Saturday evening. All of us enjoyed each dish. The service was outstanding. The alcoholic beverages were reasonably priced. We will return soon.
- The restaurant is old world,atasdiwineVIPDined on 7/20/2012The restaurant is old world,a little dated but elegant. The food and service was excellent.I had the 2lb friday night lobster special and it was delicious.Special Features:
- As always the food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012As always the food was outstanding. Best Gazpacho I've ever had. Made the mistake of coming on a Saturday night when it was difficult to get staff attention.
- Food, Service and hospitalityAndyDined on 5/4/2012Food, Service and hospitality all made this evening one to remember!Special Features:
- We went during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/28/2012We went during restaurant week and had a very positive dining experience. We were warmly greeted and found the service to be attentive and quite efficient. Most of the food met our expectations, with the exception of dessert (which was disappointing...Blueberry pound cake was not an adequate ending to an otherwise satisfying meal). For appetizers we had the mussels followed by the chicken marsala...portions were ample and food was quite tasty. We would definitely return again.Special Features:
- I'm glad it was a RestaurantGlobaltravelerVIPDined on 4/28/2012I'm glad it was a Restaurant Week special. It was rated so highly in Zagat I knew it had to be good. I was very disappointed. The food lacked seasoning and was served at various temperatures. I really disliked the waiters loudly conversing in a foreign langauge as if the restaurant was their clubhouse. The establishment lacked class.
- Good food, quiet environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2012Good food, quiet environment, and friendly staff and chef.Special Features:
- An old-fashioned Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2012An old-fashioned Italian restaurant with good food in sizable portions. We went during Long Island Restaurant week and will probably return in the future.
- Finest Ingredients & Delicious PrepOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/21/2012La Pace serves impeccably prepared food with a decidedly European twist. Our dinners were all spectacular and our waiter, Louie, provided an entertaining element to our experience. Chef Michael stopped by for a visit to complete our evening. Overall, this was a great dinner!Special Features:
- Food was good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2012Food was good, not great. The service was way too slow. We sat at 7:30 and didn't get entrees unitl 9:15. Based on that, we opted to skip desert and coffee.Special Features:
- Why nickle & dime customers?OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2012It took for ever to get the food out of the kitchen, Granted it was Valentines Day, but you know you will have a full house, so staff up!!!! They had a 3-course pre-fix menu for $55 per person plus tax & grat. I then ordered a coffee to go with the desert, and they charged me for it! Go figure?