La Nouvelle Maison
455 E Palmetto Park Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
La Nouvelle Maison
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lnmbocaraton.com/
- Phone: 5613383003x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm-10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gregory Howell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for parties of 15-50. Contact Carol Brown for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Brown 5613671566x
A word from La Nouvelle Maison
Located in the stylish 5 Palms Building in Downtown Boca Raton, La Nouvelle Maison breathes new life into the French dining experience. Guests arrive via our porte-cochere entrance and are treated to the chic and intimate décor of the three main dining rooms that offer both traditional and modern settings. The dining areas surround the focal point of La Nouvelle Maison, a spacious bar and lounge area accented by a floor-to-ceiling, custom-designed glass display case housing 1300 wines and Champagne that encompass 300 labels from throughout the world. Our menu artfully blends classical recipes with modern culinary elements, producing dishes that highlight the unique flavors of French fare. Tout va bien a La Nouvelle Maison!Continued
We cater to all dietary needs and restrictions.
We cater to all dietary needs and restrictions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
La Nouvelle Maison - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
La Nouvelle Maison reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)fit for foodies (49)romantic (47)notable wine list (37)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Nice ambiance. Excellent traditional French menu. Food was very tasty and artfully presented. Our table for two,me hike next to a wall, allowed for private and lower volume conversation. Overall, an enjoyable upscale restaurant. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Promising!EllaRDined on 10/16/2014The food was great! He wine list extensive! Yes, very pricey. Service still needs polishing. I understand that they are new and it takes time. We arrived at 7pm, the first food item was brought after 8pm. Until then we were drinking wine on the empty stomachs. A small appetizer on the house would make a big difference.Special Features:
- AlmostVincentVIPDined on 10/16/2014Ambience was great, the food presentation was excellent, but the food itself wasn't as good as it should have been. Somelier really knew his stuff, waiter was a slow start… But then warmed up and took great care of us. A couple of our party arrived 20 minutes early, went to bar and ordered two special Martinis from menu.. And claim they waited 15 minutes while bartenders tried to figure out how to make themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014Took group of twelve people to business dinner. Food, service, and ambience were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- questionsjackieDined on 10/11/2014I reserved online with Open Table. I find that very convenient. I've been trying to reach you but to no avail. When I go onto your forum, you don't recognize my sign-in! Right after I made the reservations, I received an e-mail advertising for the restaurant: I would receive 2000 pts. Will I receive them or not?.We loved the restaurant. However I requested a "nice quiet table" & they seated us in the noisiest room We were celebrating a B-day & they served a lovely dessert. The restaurant is a gem but I would have to request the room I prefer in advance. Food excellent! Please respond \Special Features:
- we enjoyed it very much .cllumsVIPDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed it very much and will return. The food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent newer restaurant in BocaKAS1VIPDined on 10/10/2014Our first time here at this French sister restaurant of Trattoria Romana. Food was excellent. Service was very attentive. Seating was comfortable albeit I thought the room we were seated in was not as nice as the other two rooms. Nice bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs personal touchCreamyjellyVIPDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant is very pretty but there was nothing personal about the experience. Being rather new the general manager should speak to thr guests and welcome them. Instead he avoided eye contact and was cold. Not a way to welcome people back. It makes you forget about the food.Special Features:
- First ImpressionTerryVIPDined on 10/4/2014More a continental cuisine than French.... Bread is way substandard to be qualified as French Bread.... More like Cuban or Publix bread... Besides that, food very nicely prepared and presented. Vegetables as asparagus and potatoes on the undercooked side.... Once again, definitely not French. But the dinner was very much appreciated, and we will return. Hoping for a better bread!
- Still very new and very expensiveackfisherVIPDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is only 21/2 months old and it still has a few kinks in it. For their prices there should be not be any problems. I was hoping to have my socks blown off but was a little disappointed and considering the prices I was not as happy as I could have been. The wine list is way too pricy and could have more of a variety. I will look forward to going back to the establishment in three months to see if there has been any improvement. I would recommend that if you are going you ask to be seated in the back or side room since the front room is all gray and leaves you feeling that way. it is a very harsh and echoing room.Special Features:
- Not sure we'll returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Very quiet night - no buzz - strange decor - like they haven't decided their theme - my Dover Sole was delicious but no show of deboning tableside - husband's duck was spoiled by too much cinnamon -excellent service. I feel like we should try again, but husband is not enamoured.Special Features:
- great food but needs a staff tuneupchinacatVIPDined on 9/26/2014Searching for a restaurant an hour from our home, I reviewed some menus on open table. This looked like a fine French restaurant by the offerings. Indeed, the food and presentation were absolutely fantastic and the portions were terrific...great foie gras. However, it is a new restaurant and our waiter was really not fit to be at a restaurant beyond Fridays. The wine list was quite extensive for a new restaurant but quite expensive as well. The sommelier was quite knowledgeable, but the waiter brought out different wines on both occasions from what we'd ordered. I am not certain if he did not communicate to the waiter or simply the waiter misunderstood which is more likely to be the case. The room was quite noisy in spite of few tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BocaFoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent French restaurant with an authentic French menu, great service and ambiance. Highly recommend and I will be a regular here for both quiet intimate dinners and business lunches/dinnersSpecial Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgLadybugdiDined on 9/11/2014This is one of the most fabulous restaurants to open in a long, long time. The food is over the top and the presentation and service is even better. Attention to detail is notable, for example, the milk served with coffee is first warmed and comes out in a heated small pitcher . Where else can you find banana foster soufflé on a menu which is to die for!!!!! Expensive but worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good FoodLouieIDined on 9/9/2014Went as a party of 5 on a Tuesday evening and all enjoyed their salads (caesar and beet) , entrees (included risotto, chicken, fish, and duck) and desserts. Found a bottle of cabernet for $60 that was very nice (most were pricier). Service was exceptional as our needs were anticipated and we were not rushed nor neglected. Would definitely go again - even though it's almost an hour from my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownKageyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Best place to eat (if you can afford it!). Wonderful salad, pasta with lobster and great fish. Loved the dessert, three profiteroles. Cannot wait to get back and try the Colorado lamb chops. Great service, a very beautiful place to dine.Special Features:
- Fantastic addition to Boca!LxLdineVIPDined on 9/5/2014One of the best dining experiences we've had in a long time. They hit the top marks in every category, but the food really stands out here! Very creative and beautifully presented. If you are a foodie you'll love this place! Quiet enough to actually have a conversation without screaming to each other. We will definitely be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in ParismarleDined on 9/5/2014It would be hard to find a better French dining experience.. Food outstanding, surroundings beautiful, wait staff excellent...Will be going back soon. Dr. Irwin and Marlene GoldsteinSpecial Features:
- Best in area... but not worth $$$$dranselVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were excited to try this because so close, and Boca has few fine and no other French restaurants... but for $40-55 per entree, I expect truly gourmet dining, as well as impeccable service, and LNM fell short of that, by just a bit on both counts. Food was quite good, but not equal to similarly priced restaurants in NY, Boston, or San Francisco. Service was a bit (slightly) rushed and the server was not as familiar with the menu as he should have been. Had the entrees here been in the $30-40 range I would have been very satisfied.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014the service was excellent, greeting and seating was handled very professionally. menu outstanding. a must try, the rest. should be actively recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scotsteveVIPDined on 9/3/2014Exquisite decor , very friendly staff and authentic French food . Only criticism is that it was a tad priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingdiningisourpleasureVIPDined on 9/1/2014Excellent food,service,and ambiance.We will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But not greatMichaelVIPDined on 8/30/2014My three pet peeves at an expensive restaurant: Shuffled off to the bar to wait for my reserved table for 30 minutes; an exorbitantly high corkage fee--in this case $40--and I was told by the sommelier that that is per 750ml., so the magnum that I was intending to bring would have been $80; a noise level that made casual conversation extremely difficult All three were unfortunately present at this restaurant. The food was excellent--the duck the best I have had. A very knowledgeable sommelier who picked the right bottle for the table after talking with us. I expected high prices, great presentation and great food. On these points the restaurant delivered. The water and bread service was not as good as the main service.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGcravegoodfoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014We looked forward to dining at this new " French" Restaurant since its sister eatery, Trattoria Romana is one of our all time Italian favorites. Neither the menu, the staff nor the background music was really French......only the name was. The mussels were excellent. The onion soup was tasty but so hot that it took ten minutes before it was edible. The lamb chops were of excellent quality but were served with an assortment of unrecognizable vegetables. The linguini in the lobster and pasta dish was of a pasty consistency. The wait staff was pleasant and the decor was nice with very comfortable chairs but the noise level was irritating. All in all, our dining experience at La Nouvelle Maison left a lot to be desired.
- Great New FindEdieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent from start to finish. Loved the food. The presentation was so beautiful and creative. The taste of everything was so good. The Caesar salad was absolutely fantastic my duck was perfection. Even the dessert was superior. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the French word for "Fair?"TruthfulFoodfulVIPDined on 8/23/2014I always liked teachers who gave an "A" for effort, so if that's the criteria, La Nouvelle Mason gets an A. But if you're grading based on food, ambience and service, the report card would probably be a solid line of B's. This is a loud restaurant. And by loud, I mean really, really loud. It is difficult to believe that a brand new restaurant was built without any sort of sound dampening material at all. Hanging French bread from the ceiling would be an improvement from the complete and total lack of sound dampening that exists now. This must be dealt with. You will not have a romantic meal at this restaurant until the sound situation is improved. The food is fine. You'd hope for more, but this is not a must visit for foodies.
- Great French foodNexiferDined on 8/23/2014I'll be brief. This is a beautiful restaurant with excellent service. High class clientele and high class food. Fois grois was perfectly done. Short ribs exquisite. Lamb chops perfect. Bring your credit card. You'll need it. Well worth it if you want an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingDT2400VIPDined on 8/22/2014It's touted as a French restaurant but more of a nondescript place that has French items on its menu. I was looking forward to the pate. It was a totally bland tasteless flavorless pate with water added...thin, runny "pate soup." All items we tried were totally missing flavor except chicken. Steak frites was ok but over cooked. Service was great. Very overpriced wine menu. Pretty decor. Wouldn't rush back. It needs a personality and flavor.
- Review of La Nouvelle MaisonElsupremoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Fake french............Onion soup should have the onions more brown and definitely gruyere cheese and not such a thick layer.Escargot should not have the brioche bread on top just a cheap gimmick........Also in the Menu they call Starters or Appetizers as PREMIER COURS which is a total invention and not correct french.They should try the food at the GAZEBO for some french flair!!!!!!!!!However, very nice decor and excellent service!!!!!!Special Features:
- RaymondVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is superior--but the noise level in our section of the restaurant was abominable. There are other areas that are less noisy. But overall the architects failed to provide sound absorbing features such as wood and textile surfaces. In the room we were in everything is a hard hard surface so it reflects and amplifies sound to a great degree.Special Features:
- Everything old is new againCulinaryGuyVIPDined on 8/15/2014La Nouvelle Maison is a welcome addition to the Boca culinary scene. It is remarkable that so many people, upon hearing the name, recall the long gone La Vieille Maison, a centerpiece of old Boca restaurants, and assume that it is a continuation of that store. It is a different restaurant group altogether; though it perpetuates much of the quality and class of the former Maison yet updated and edgier. The food is excellent, with nice caviar choices, and the back of the house is talented. The young sommelier is both knowledgeable and experienced - he lives his profession. It has a perfectly sized bar and the bartender is an excellent and friendly mixologist. Guests are welcomed from the hostess and manager to the servers. It is a winner.Special Features:
- peejVIPDined on 8/14/2014Overall, this is a wonderful resturant. Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OPTIMISTICOptimisticVIPDined on 8/14/2014This fabulous new French restaurant was needed in this location! The food was prepared to perfection, unlike some French cuisine which can be heavy and drowning in rich sauce. La Nouvelle Maison managed to stay true without being heavy. The banana foster soufflé was the most fantastic dessert that I ever experienced! Thank you to my friend for choosing this wonderful restaurant to celebrate her birthday. WE SHALL RETURN OFTEN!!!!!"Special Features:
- RozedenDined on 8/9/2014It was truly a wonderful dining experience. The food was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- A Special Night OutGoldyDined on 8/8/2014This new beautiful spot is not to be missed! Beautiful decor and warm attentive service combine to make an excellent dining experience. Presentation of food is artistic on each plate and everything tastes so good. My guests could not wait to come back and bring friends. Nothing like it in Boca Raton.Special Features:
- POLISHEDMrjolefsonDined on 8/6/2014We went with another couple for dinner and were very impressed by the decor, the beautiful bar, the separate dining areas, the service and, especially the food. The menu is very nice, and has items that you don't see in every restaurant you go to. The presentation of the food was also beautiful. It is definitely a little pricey, but c'mon, it's a fancy French restaurant in Boca, of course it's going to be a little pricey..but not overboard, and we definitely left feeling that we had a great dining experience.Special Features:
- TerribleNot4meVIPDined on 8/2/2014One of the worst restaurants I have ever eaten in. The food, the service and the eating experience was one of the worst I have ever experienced. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Fantastic, beautiful new restaurantLunaC33VIPDined on 7/28/2014From the moment we walked in to our last sip of wine, the experience was fantastic! The service was great, the food amazing, and the decor, including the variations in each room, was interesting and well done. A modern twist on traditional French. Great bar and sitting area too. Our new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nbl333VIPDined on 7/26/2014Charming with delectable food. Everything was wonderful and would not hesitate to return many times with everyone I know. Service superb, staff friendly and gracious, atmosphere stunning. Best of all food delicious and beautifully presented. Winner winner!!!!Special Features:
- New Boca RestaurantBocadcVIPDined on 7/25/2014Artisanal cheeseboard was excellent. Service was great. Servers knowledgeable & friendly. Very good sommelier - knew his wines without being pretentious. Oy criticism is somewhat strange: duckling was served so hot that i Lost some flavor. Portions very fair for prices charged.Special Features: