La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
6135 Peachtree Pkwy
Norcross, GA 30092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lanonnarestaurant.com/index.html
- Phone: 7704537732
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
The inspiration for La Nonna was my mother. La Nonna, in Italian, means grandma. She was at her best on holidays when all our friends and family would gather at our home. She would get up at 5 in the morning to start making tomato sauce, baking bread and making her famous homemade pasta as her mother had done before her. The two joys of her life, family and food. She would often lament that if only she was a little younger she would open a restaurant. By younger she meant 65 or 70. She was born in 1921, in Durazzano, a small town just north east of Naples. Food was always scarce, it was a central focus of her life, she obsessed about food, she mastered the old world recipes that her mother passed on to her, everything from picking the best tomatoes for the marinara sauce to making wonderful Italian pastries. My inspiration for creating La Nonna’s Italian Restaurant is to share her wonderful food with everyone, to pass it on to the next generation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Nonna's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great neighborhood restaurantArnieDined on 6/24/2014La Nonna's has wonderful Italian food. My wife's eggplant was excellent. My Veal Piccata was excellent. Service was excellent. I highly recommend La Nonna's to anyone looking for a great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the La Nonna's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Reservation didn't really workMotherof4Dined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious but the staff seemed unaware of our reservations. We were behind a group of the same size as ours and they were seated (no reservations) ; we were told that that we would need to wait for a table.Special Features:
- Repeat Customerscomp124Dined on 5/31/2014My family and I have been going to La Nonna's since it opened. The service and food have always been "fantastic". The owner always remembers me and is there to greet you every time. Birthdays are always special there.Special Features:
- Food was not good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/15/2014Both my husband and I had a really bad stomach ache, when we got home, and we ordered different entrees. I also ordered a second entree, because the first one had a weird, spoiled taste to the seafood. Will probably not go back.
- Just Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014The food and staff were great. They took great care of us and we definitely are going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findHBEBDined on 4/18/2014La Nonna's is a hidden gem. An excellent neighborhood restaurant with downtown Atlanta food quality. The menu selection is excellent, and the price for house wine by the glass was very reasonable. The live dinner music was an exellent touch. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Just found this place!KevinGVIPDined on 4/15/2014A customer wanted Italian and he found it on Yelp. The food was very good, the the prices are very reasonable. The owner, I believe Mario was interested in our dining experience. We wil go back for lunch sometime soon.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood find!SasmrsDined on 4/6/2014Very good food in a nice relaxed neighborhood setting. Service was excellent, owner came out to check on our food and chat. Will definitely go back to try other dishes. Can highly recommend the Fettuccine Antonio and the Veal Piccata. Will try some of their homemade desserts next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-Casual EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Walked-in and was "questioning" if the food would be as unimpressive as the decor BUT I WAS SURPRISED- Great Tasting Food. Now it is one of the restaurants I stop-in while on that side of town for good Italian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD-GOOD SERVICE GOOD TIMEHUNGRYDined on 3/20/2014My wife and I come here about once a month. Everything taste fresh Mario always friendly and making sure you enjoying yourself.Special Features:
- Great food.jtcdiamondDined on 3/7/2014The owner was very friendly and visited us at the table several times. He also served the wine which was very nice. We were celebrating a birthday and they brought a free dessert. The food was very good, came out hot and everyone was pleased with their meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, lacking serviceLolaDined on 2/21/2014The food was great and the choices were some of the best authentic Italian dishes, but the server was very lax with his job. I'm guessing that because he saw two women and 3 kids of a darker race he thought we wouldn't tip good, but little did he know my sister and I tip very well. He received at least a 10 dollar tip although it was not deserved.Special Features:
- First Valentine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My fiance and I visit from Columbus and we wanted a nice quiet restaurant to have a candle light dinner ,this was the perfect placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian CookingTomRDined on 2/14/2014This is a family run business with nice people, great food, and good service. The owner is always willing to talk to his customers. Every dish I have tried is been good to excellent. The dining area is small so noise is not an issue. The lunch buffett is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom'n'pop restaurantJellocatDined on 2/8/2014I love finding little mom and pop restaurants amid corporate giants. This little place offered great, attentive service and yummy homemade Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good and thesparklesDined on 2/8/2014Food is always good and the owner is friendly and always comes out to tables and chats with the folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was really good andDionDined on 1/25/2014The food was really good and seasoned, huge portions, definitely one of the better Italian restaurants in GA, its great knowing I can go here instead of driving out to the city.Special Features:
- Good food with excellent servicesummerDined on 1/5/2014Service was attentive with no long waits for our food. The atmosphere is relaxing. My eggplant rollatini (sp?) was very good. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- la nonnalibbyDined on 1/5/2014The food and the service were excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencejtcdiamondDined on 1/4/2014Food was great - prompt service. Only drawback is the do nat have a full bar. WIne only.Special Features:
- Great independently ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013Great independently owned Italian NY Style restaurantSpecial Features:
- FoodDunwoodyDined on 12/29/2013The food was good and service was good as well. I would go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2013Great food and tiramisu! Unlike most places, this is a very personal and friendly dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but that's not quite enufLindyDined on 12/20/2013First time dining there and was pleased with quality of the good but atmosphere was more for a lunch joint. Tables on top of each other, too much visual noise (bad lighting, salad bar sitting there with no food in it, etc) makes this not worth a drive. Friendly staff can't carry the lack of atmosphere compared to other options around.Special Features:
- The food here is great, largeFoodLoverDined on 11/23/2013The food here is great, large portions and quality Italian food. Even though there was a birthday party going on and they had to sit us in the back of the restaurant they were still very attentive. I will definitely frequent this place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local Italian restaurantJimmyDined on 11/16/2013Don't know why it took us almost 2 years to "discover" this place. Excellent real Italian food, friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday at LaNonna'sAGESDined on 11/12/2013La Nonna's was a great experience. We had a table of 11 people. They have a nice room that accomodated our party. All the food was delicious, everyone was pleased. You could tell the food was freshly prepared to order. Generous servings, hot and everything came out together. It was a Tuesday evening, and early, so it was a nice quiet respite. Lovely change from all the franchise-type restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemDownnOutDined on 11/1/2013Wonderful service, great family-run business. Food was very good and the gluten free pasta was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend...........OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2013Food is always consistent and top quality. Very gracious owner and staff. My husband and I have been there several times and recommended and brought several friends at different times for dinner. This was a B-day celebration and we were 5 adults, 3 children and an infant. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodArnieDined on 10/25/2013This is a very nice local restaurant serving excellent Italian food. Service also was excellent. The restaurant is at the end of a small strip mall and may be slightly difficult to find. There is plenty of parking. Prices are reasonable. My wife and I have been here several times and the food has consistently been very good. We definitely will have dinner here again.Special Features:
- This was not a good dinner.KdnatlVIPDined on 10/20/2013This was not a good dinner. Our appetizers were pretty good but it was down hill from there. We weren't able to eat one of the entrees and simply shared the other. We were never questioned on leaving an entire entree untouched. We wanted to like it since it's convenient but we won't be back.
- We had a good time. ServiceJLopezDined on 9/24/2013We had a good time. Service and good were good. Thank you for surprising my boss without asking with the slice of cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkipSkipDined on 9/11/2013This is our favorite local restaurant. Friendly, great food, excellent portions, and very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2013We enjoyed a delightful evening at La Nonna's. Did not know about this wonderful place until I had a coupon. My husband and I were looking forward to the dinner from other's great reviews. the owner was so nice and attentive and so were the servers. they made sure we were well taken care of. And, offered some great suggestions for entrees and wine. Everything is home made and reminds me of some of the nicer Italian restaurants in the north end of Boston. We are going to visit them soon! DonnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Like Grandma'sAguyfromatlantaDined on 8/25/2013Authentic sauce and preparation. Generous portions - plan on taking some home. The entree includes soup or salad. Not much to look at from the outside, but inside is like the neighborhood Italian restaurants of my youth. Try the Lasagna Rustica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at La Nonna's last Saturday. We started with the calamari appetizer and it was both plentiful and delicious. Some calamari can be greasy but this was done just right. It was accompanied by warm bread which is always welcome. My wife enjoyed the shrimp parmigiana while I had the lobster ravioli. Both dishes were flavorful and prepared in excellent culinary fashion. It is evident tat this chef is a first class act. Dinner salads accompanied both entrees and the ingredients and dressings were fresh and quite tasty. I would enthusiastically recommend this restaurant and we will add La Nonnas to our regular rotation right away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth returning toAtlantanDined on 8/3/2013A very nice first time experience with an extremely involved owner. He went way beyond to please us and I appreciate it. Wonderful desserts and my veal dish was excellent. The only thing stopping a five star rating was the ho hum red sauce with the pasta. It was good, just not good enough to make the top rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied, but not overly impressedpcr412Dined on 7/27/2013It was pleasant and the service was good. But my impression was that the food was $13/a plate food at $20/a plate prices. Acceptable but not foodie material. I'm a bit picky, maybe, but nothing really made me want to hurry back. I'd give it a 2.4 - 3 star experience. It seemed an odd mix - wine lists but paper table cloths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondering?OTPFoodiesDined on 6/23/2013I have heard from friends and seen reviews that are very positive about LaNonna. Our experiences have been "so-so". The staff is friendly and welcoming, positive and energetic. The food is... not very exciting. There are many other options for good Italian food that we prefer.
- The pasta, all fish and eggplantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013The pasta, all fish and eggplant dishes are excellent. The owner is very accommodating and friendly as well as all of the servers. This is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.