48 Boylston Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamorra.com/
- Phone: 6177390007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 10
Friday and Saturday 5:30 - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Ziskin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chef Josh Ziskin will create any of his specialties from the current menu. Chef Josh Ziskin will also coordinate rentals, service and any additional needs diners encounter.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private facilities. Upstairs dining room can seat up to 60 guests. The entire restaurant seats 72 guests. Full-service off-site catering available at any location.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Ziskin (617)416-5184
- Special Events: ITALY BIKE TOUR: October 9-14 Tour Piedmont Italy with Chef Josh Ziskin and his wife Jen along with DuVine Adventures: www.duvine.com/la-morra-piedmont-bike-tour.html
A word from La Morra
La Morra, known for its outstanding Northern Italian cuisine, is the perfect location for private parties large and small. The two private and semi-private dining rooms, feature exposed brick walls and hardwood floors that can accommodate parties as large as 75 guests for a sit down meal or cocktail party. We are fully equipped to cater your off premise parties, large and small. Whether it be a small intimate dinner for 8 or a large party of 500, we will bring Northern Italy to the venue of your choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Morra - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
La Morra reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (81)notable wine list (63)romantic (57)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Still a gem, but lost it's shineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/29/2014The quality of the food is not as high as it once was, but the wine list is voluminous. The rabbit lasagna was the highlight. Overall, though, the food was far over priced for the level of quality. The service was adequate, but disappointing for someone who has been going for years. Once excellent, now only fair to say it is was good.Special Features:
- Ridiculously good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Jen and Josh's La Morra is a true gem in Brookline! They take northern Italian cooking to a new level. We had the price fixed menu and shared all dishes - a great deal. The flavors and tastes were all so delicate and delicious. Seasonal and local products were used. Cannot say enough good about them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night:OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014My foodie wino Uncles were visiting from NYC and I wanted to take them somewhere they would feel at home. La Morra offered both excellent service and amazing food. The waiter knew How to perfectly describe each menu option and suggest appropriate wine selections. The waitstaff paid great attention to detail. We had an excellent time and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014My husband and I dined at La Morra the evening before I was schedule for surgery at a Boston hospital--As my "last meal" I was especially looking forward to it. The only hitch was that our appetizers were brought to our table before we received our wine. Our waitress apologized and later in the evening as we were having dessert, she arrived with two glasses of complementary dessert wine, apologizing again for the earlier misstep. We enjoyed our dinner and would certainly return to La Morra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerishDined on 10/26/2014Lovely place with great food and wine, great service. A relaxing night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/20143 hours is very long for a dinner of 5 to take on account of service speed not our ordering. Otherwise very good food and drinks in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- A suburban find for Boston diningNoraEatsVIPDined on 10/20/2014If you're looking for something memorably Italian without having the trek to the more predictable North End, La Morra in Brookline is a nice start. A small but thoughtful menu will leave you satisfied in a homespun, comfy kind of way. Standing alone on it's strip of Boylston, it's a little isolated in location in the evening but parking was easy and once inside, you feel welcome and relaxed in its exposed brick intimate front dining room. It's signature pasta bolognese was just the thing on a cold night. If you have a kid at BC, you'll be happy to know this restaurant exists so close to campus.Special Features:
- Charming restaurantfoodforthoughtDined on 10/19/2014We found La Morra on OpenTable and had a great experience. The food was creative and delicious and the service was great. Also, the dining rooms, both upstairs and downstairs, were charming, with a European feel. The only thing I would suggest is for them to put the bread in baskets rather than have a waiter dole out one tiny piece per person. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- meals were just amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2014wine pairings too! thanks............................
- Delicious food but slow and loudAnonymousVIPDined on 10/17/2014I took my family and my mother who was visiting to this restaurant on a Friday night. Tables were close together and it was very loud, so it was difficult to have a conversation. Service was on the slower side as well (and I had to approach one of the service assistants just to request bread for our kids as I could not get anyone's attention from the table for several minutes). That being said, the food was very very good, among the most delicious pasta dishes I've had in the area, so I would recommend this restaurant highly if you do not mind the deliberate pace and the noise.Special Features:
- l1kef00dDined on 10/16/2014We ate here last in February 2014. The food was fantastic then. Very disappointed at this visit. Chef seemed to be trying too hard. Food was just ok, on the heavy side. We probably won't be back for a while.
- bad serviceMikeStarDined on 10/12/2014There were a few hiccups the night we went. I ordered the lobster pasta and they forgot to add the lobster, good thing I wasn't too shy to ask. The dish wasn't that spectacular it needed a little something, maybe some heat/red pepper flakes. Water glasses were never refilled and waitress was difficult to flag down. My partner had the salmon and enjoyed it otherwise I would have given 1 or 2 stars. Someone did approach us at the end of the night to apologize for the mistake with the dish and slow service and comp'd some items which was thoughtful.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBobLDined on 10/9/2014Great food, excellent attentive staff, convenient location, easy parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014We both ordered the Prezzo Frisso menu, enjoyed the selections from each course. Amazing quality for the price! Would not recommend the $18.50 wine pairing. I switched to a different selection after a sip of a very bland Pinot Grigio. That was the only low point, the rest of the evening's meal was stellar. Ample portions meant no room for dessert. The waitress boxed our torte and cookies for us to enjoy the next day. Hope to return next time we are in the area!Special Features:
- Will definitely come backFritzDined on 10/8/2014By coincidence we ate here shortly after returning from a trip to Italy. La Morra held its own compared to some terrific restaurants we ate at in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!BostonvisitDined on 10/3/2014I recently had the pleasure of dining at La Morra. Out flight was delayed and the hostess graciously moved our reservation to a later time. Everyone in our party was able to find something delicious to eat on the menu, including my very picky daughter! Our waiter was knowledgeable, fun and engaging. All of our appetizers and entrees were amazing! The wine list was interesting and offered many options that I had not previously sampled. My son said it was the best meal he had eaten since returning to college!Special Features:
- pasta bolognese: don't pass it upJPchickDined on 10/1/2014Great place, deserving of all of its accolades. Loved the pasta bolognese!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Repeat PerformanceRepeatDined on 9/30/2014We have been to LaMorra several times in recent years. Each experience has very positive from the time we enter to the time we leave. The service is great, the seating is comfortable and most importantly the food is very good. Thank you La Morra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This NY-er was THRILLED!LaurenC93Dined on 9/23/2014Warm and cozy environment, exceptional, mouth-watering food, kind and friendly service. I will definitely be returning and recommending this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Sunday night re-chargeholliDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant very organized, called to confirm our reservation. Many enticing specials, both petite appetizers were delicious. Chef sent a mushroom taster to the table with compliments. Entrees were delicious! Happy to see that the salmon dish was a wild salmon and not farm raised. My husband and I like going out on a night that's not so crowded so we can sort of re-charge for the busy week without being stressed because the restaurant is too busy. This did the trick!Special Features:
- tim10gDined on 9/21/2014Delicious food and large wine list. There was some condensation from the overhead airvent that dripped on our table. Otherwise great dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014Every item on menu sounds so good it is hard to choose, and every choice turns out to be delicious. The staff is informative and helpful about food and wine. Always an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this timeRuthieGVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten at La Morra a few times and each time I have really enjoyed my meal. This time, however, it was rather mediocre. My date and I both had the eggplant parmigiana. Unfortunately the underside was overcooked, in fact, it was slightly burned and it overwhelmed any flavor. The mozzarella, which was evidently homemade, was virtually tasteless. The best part of the entree were the tomatoes, which were very fresh and flavorful. Our salad, which we shared, was the arugula and beets. Truly delicious. The dessert (a chocolate concotion) was tasty enough but not particularly memorable. Service was great and the ambiance comfortable, but the meal was definitely wanting this time.
- Perfect pastaLCdinerDined on 9/15/2014The best dinner we had in boston. Nice neighborhood feel, good service, and cozy ambiance. The homemade pasta is to die for and the hanger steak was melt in your mouth tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZindergirlDined on 9/13/2014This was our second trip to La Morra and the food was delicious, just like the first time. Our server was professional and knowledgeable. However it was so loud we could not hear each other until the end of the night, just like the last time. Some noise dampening pams would improve the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingScottVIPDined on 9/12/2014We chose La Morra for our anniversary dinner and were not disappointed. The server (Matt) was excellent - personable, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The appetizers were exquisite, especially the Squash Blossoms. The wine selection was extensive, with many choices quite moderately priced. The entrees were excellent and very large (we got two meals from ours). The atmosphere is homey, not unlike an Irish pub. We had lovely chats with people on both sides of our table (the tables are very close). All told, a marvelous evening and once again La Morra was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masi Wine DinnerMCOfoodieDined on 9/9/2014The five courses of Venetian inspired dishes we spectacular. The food is always delicious at La Morra but I'm also always so impressed with how great it is and what is offered at such reasonable prices. It's a true neighborhood gem and one I recommend to everyone I can. Wine pours were a bit small but no complaints as we sampled six different wines. The cheese plate from Wasik's cheese shop was a mind blower.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodmareVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have been to La Morra many times and have always been impressed by the food. It is consistently delicious and innovative. The manager Stephanie knows the wine list very well and always gives great suggestions. We always recommend La Morra to our friends!Special Features:
- Revisit to La MorraJudyDined on 9/5/2014In the past, we have had outstanding meals at LaMorra. About a year ago, I remembered the food as too rich but decided to return to see if that were true. We love the setting, the service was wonderful and the beet salad outstanding, but the main dishes (both fish) were indeed very salty and oily. Even the vegetables were cooked with too much oil.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining02445DMMDined on 9/2/2014The food is incredibly delicious, very well prepared and unique among Italian restaurants. Absolutely my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to La Morra. We went for my wife's birthday. We a great time- the food was outstanding, the service was impeccable and the overall experience far exceeded my expectations. Keep up the good work- we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Amazing and creative menu, attentive service, never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great foodgenemiaeDined on 8/30/2014It's been a couple of years since our last visit. I forgot how great the food is at this wonderful restaurant. The Ragusa pasta is the best anywhere. They had a pork tenderloin special that was out of this world with a very tangy sauce. Wine by the glass is top notch and all the prices are reasonable considering the close proximity to Boston. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Boston's Best Italian RestaurantcollegefoodieDined on 8/30/2014La Morra is phenomenal. I had the pleasure of dining from their à la carte menu as well as their fixed Restaurant Week one. It's an absolute gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I took our son's college roommates out for I nice Italian dinner and picked La Morra based on internet reviews. The four course fixed price meal was fabulous. Combined with a great atmosphere and excellent service, it was an exceptional experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, tight quartersBillDined on 8/28/2014As always, the food and wine were exceptional. It was particularly nice to have a wine service to match the food. The portions were just right for a traditional Italian meal. We ate on the first floor and it is cramped. In fact we had to move from the first assigned table because it made us a part of our neighbors' conversation. The noise level was also pretty high. As I recall, upstairs is probably better. They appropriately attract a lot of diners because of the food and wine. Maybe its time for an expansion?Special Features:
- Great Little GemSproutsDined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. It proved to be a pleasant surprise. We arrived early and sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and helpful. Our bar appetizer was very enjoyable. It was a good beginning. Our party of five was seated in the upstairs dinning room. No sooner did we sit down that we were approached by the staff, who were very attentive and offered suggestions throughout our meal. We selected from the Restaurant Week menu with the suggested wine parings. The entrees proved to be excellent and the suggested wine was a good compliment. All in all, everyone enjoyed their meal, and we will be sure to return again. Congratulations to the Chef and to all of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I reserved a table at La Morra during restaurant week online and made a special request to make the dinner extra special for my fiance who was leaving for Africa for an extended period of time the following day. The manager and entire staff went above and beyond - they moved us from a crowded area to a more spacious table, gave us complimentary dessert wine toast, and wished my fiancee well on his travels multiple times. The food was delicious and the staff was professional. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/27/2014LA Morra is a very cute space. Always very attentive service and staff is great at explaining the dishes and figuring out what one may enjoy. The pastas are especially good. Authentic Italian but innovative additions. Accommodate vegetarian and gluten free diets too. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Farm to table northern italianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/20144 of us went to try La Morra. We had been there once before and sorry we had not been back more often. Simply put, they use fresh ingredients and create their own twist on classic meals. We started with their table serving of homemade bread and a mixture of homemade ricotta & olive oil spread. Between the for of us, it lasted 90 seconds. For appetizers we got different items, Insalata, wood grilled corn salad, and a cherry tomato based salad. This time of year would be a mistake not to get salads with fresh tomatoes. For dinners we got selections of hangar steak, cornish hen and eggplant parmigiana (that was incredibly lite and flavorful). We had a couple of bottles of Barbaresco and finally desert. Service was great. Perfect niteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.