48 Boylston Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamorra.com/
- Phone: (617) 739-0007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 10
Friday and Saturday 5:30 - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Ziskin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chef Josh Ziskin will create any of his specialties from the current menu. Chef Josh Ziskin will also coordinate rentals, service and any additional needs diners encounter.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private facilities. Upstairs dining room can seat up to 60 guests. The entire restaurant seats 72 guests. Full-service off-site catering available at any location.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Ziskin (617)416-5184
- Special Events: ITALY BIKE TOUR: October 9-14 Tour Piedmont Italy with Chef Josh Ziskin and his wife Jen along with DuVine Adventures: www.duvine.com/la-morra-piedmont-bike-tour.html
A word from La Morra
La Morra, known for its outstanding Northern Italian cuisine, is the perfect location for private parties large and small. The two private and semi-private dining rooms, feature exposed brick walls and hardwood floors that can accommodate parties as large as 75 guests for a sit down meal or cocktail party. We are fully equipped to cater your off premise parties, large and small. Whether it be a small intimate dinner for 8 or a large party of 500, we will bring Northern Italy to the venue of your choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Morra reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)neighborhood gem (119)special occasion (86)notable wine list (68)romantic (61)good for groups (36)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding as usualBillDined on 11/25/2014The food and service were, as usual, outstanding. The space is small but it is really not noticeable while we are eating. The service might seem slow for Americans, but this is exactly what you want in an Italian restaurant. The meal is an occasion that should be enjoyed without rush. My daughter was disappointed that Tom Brady didn't show up that night, but everything else was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected greatnessFirsttimerDined on 11/22/2014Came here for the first time after hearing my friends talk about how great it is. Was very impressed by the food and ambiance! Tables around us ranged from first dates to groups of friends to a young family. Everybody was having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Morra Amazing foodLauraDined on 11/22/2014La Morra has the best bang for the buck of any Boston-area restaurant I've been to. The food is very special, as is the service. The only problem is the noise level. If you want a quiet dinner this is not the place to go. But you can't beat the food. The fixed price menu is a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencehrjluvsfoodVIPDined on 11/22/2014Our first visit to LaMorra exceeded our expectations. A must-have on the menu is their Pasta Bolognese which they offer in both primi and entrée portions. I had a duo of steak for my entrée which was excellent and the hubs had their hanger steak which he really enjoyed. There are two levels to the restaurant, we sat by the window on the first floor. The staff is welcoming and accommodating and the bar scene is vibrant and fun. There is valet parking right next to the restaurant which makes it very convenient. You will not be disappointed with this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Delicious, well prepared food. Staff was on their game and very attentive. Very low key, yet first rate establishment. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Morra outingjmanddmVIPDined on 11/15/2014We've been here many times and the food and drinks are always most satisfying. I recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious robust farePennelVIPDined on 11/12/2014The fall menu is savory tasty and vibrant. Great italian regional cuisine. Honest tasty food well done. Savor with someone you care for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad night for servicevinoveritasDined on 11/11/2014We love La Morra, but had a bad night with service. We waited over an hour for appetizers, and the nice young waiter was clueless about wine, a shame with such a great cellar. We had guests and were actually embarrassed by the wait as hosts. Usually the service there is better, but there was a problem perhaps with their kitchen and with the good willed, but inexperienced, wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pastaCeeyaDined on 11/7/2014We were seated peomptly, service was excellent--they had wait staff in training who seeemed very experienced, but we have been there enough to recognize our usual staff....always greet us. Mew people at the desk, but equally as welcoming. the pasta with lobster and turnips was delish....but my companions both had blue fish and did not like--it was not a delicate flavor seemed too strong fish and the cous cous seemed overdone...mashed...Special Features:
- La MorraPD28Dined on 11/6/2014Very limited parking. Very noisy. Waitstaff very friendly and accommodating but service was very slow. Menu was varied with some unusual choices. I was more satisfied the first time I ate there & probably will not return.Special Features:
- food was good--not "great".NosnobsDined on 11/5/2014Enjoyed the restaurant because it was intimate. Food was very good, but not Great. Soup (squash) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty, friendly and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2014The food was tasty, the waiter was friendly and attentive, the Bellinis are THE BEST! La Morra is in our neighborhood so we've been in many times over the years and it never disappoints. This time was my birthday, we hadn't mentioned this to them but they figured it out and brought a complimentary after dinner drink that was a nice finish to an enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bklinefavDined on 11/3/2014Wonderful restaurant for meeting friends and and having delicious meal. Menus offers lots of great choices; never had a bad meal here. Friendly atmosphere, excellent service. Bread that is the best that can be had. Pasta delicious; lots of choices. Segundi's varied and interesting. Extremely reasonable prices. Have been dining here for 6years and plan to continue.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedfoodie123Dined on 11/1/2014Two of the members of our party decided to try the tasting menu which included a wine pairing. When the food was brought to the table it was not identified nor was the wine identified. In addition, we had to ask for our wine to be brought as it was not brought at the same time as the food it was paired with. The other 2 members of the party did not have the tasting menu. I ordered the fried olives as an appetizer which had a thick pizza dough like breading...they were terrible. I also ordered the duck which was perfectly cooked and tasty. The service was the biggest down fall as the witness seemed to be frazzled and unable to keep up.
- Great food, really slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Lovely evening at la morra w some friends But food was so slow to come even though it didn't appear the restaurant was packed When food did arrive it was TRULY delicious. Also really appreciated waitresses knowledge and input about wine selection She gave us glasses of moscato because of our wait for food- she was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The food is a little rich for my taste. I ordered the pepper soup, but it was so filling I could barely enjoy the small pasta dish (also very rich) I ordered as my main course. The pasta was absolutely delicious but I couldn't finish the small serving. Was it too much cream? I don't know. It was also quite expensive somehow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobLDined on 10/30/2014Very gluten-free friendly menu, and pleasant wait-staffSpecial Features:
- Still a gem, but lost it's shineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/29/2014The quality of the food is not as high as it once was, but the wine list is voluminous. The rabbit lasagna was the highlight. Overall, though, the food was far over priced for the level of quality. The service was adequate, but disappointing for someone who has been going for years. Once excellent, now only fair to say it is was good.Special Features:
- Ridiculously good!!!CCS1Dined on 10/28/2014Jen and Josh's La Morra is a true gem in Brookline! They take northern Italian cooking to a new level. We had the price fixed menu and shared all dishes - a great deal. The flavors and tastes were all so delicate and delicious. Seasonal and local products were used. Cannot say enough good about them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night:QuigzDined on 10/27/2014My foodie wino Uncles were visiting from NYC and I wanted to take them somewhere they would feel at home. La Morra offered both excellent service and amazing food. The waiter knew How to perfectly describe each menu option and suggest appropriate wine selections. The waitstaff paid great attention to detail. We had an excellent time and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014My husband and I dined at La Morra the evening before I was schedule for surgery at a Boston hospital--As my "last meal" I was especially looking forward to it. The only hitch was that our appetizers were brought to our table before we received our wine. Our waitress apologized and later in the evening as we were having dessert, she arrived with two glasses of complementary dessert wine, apologizing again for the earlier misstep. We enjoyed our dinner and would certainly return to La Morra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerishDined on 10/26/2014Lovely place with great food and wine, great service. A relaxing night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/20143 hours is very long for a dinner of 5 to take on account of service speed not our ordering. Otherwise very good food and drinks in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- A suburban find for Boston diningNoraEatsVIPDined on 10/20/2014If you're looking for something memorably Italian without having the trek to the more predictable North End, La Morra in Brookline is a nice start. A small but thoughtful menu will leave you satisfied in a homespun, comfy kind of way. Standing alone on it's strip of Boylston, it's a little isolated in location in the evening but parking was easy and once inside, you feel welcome and relaxed in its exposed brick intimate front dining room. It's signature pasta bolognese was just the thing on a cold night. If you have a kid at BC, you'll be happy to know this restaurant exists so close to campus.Special Features:
- Charming restaurantfoodforthoughtDined on 10/19/2014We found La Morra on OpenTable and had a great experience. The food was creative and delicious and the service was great. Also, the dining rooms, both upstairs and downstairs, were charming, with a European feel. The only thing I would suggest is for them to put the bread in baskets rather than have a waiter dole out one tiny piece per person. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- meals were just amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2014wine pairings too! thanks............................
- Delicious food but slow and loudAnonymousVIPDined on 10/17/2014I took my family and my mother who was visiting to this restaurant on a Friday night. Tables were close together and it was very loud, so it was difficult to have a conversation. Service was on the slower side as well (and I had to approach one of the service assistants just to request bread for our kids as I could not get anyone's attention from the table for several minutes). That being said, the food was very very good, among the most delicious pasta dishes I've had in the area, so I would recommend this restaurant highly if you do not mind the deliberate pace and the noise.Special Features:
- l1kef00dDined on 10/16/2014We ate here last in February 2014. The food was fantastic then. Very disappointed at this visit. Chef seemed to be trying too hard. Food was just ok, on the heavy side. We probably won't be back for a while.
- bad serviceMikeStarDined on 10/12/2014There were a few hiccups the night we went. I ordered the lobster pasta and they forgot to add the lobster, good thing I wasn't too shy to ask. The dish wasn't that spectacular it needed a little something, maybe some heat/red pepper flakes. Water glasses were never refilled and waitress was difficult to flag down. My partner had the salmon and enjoyed it otherwise I would have given 1 or 2 stars. Someone did approach us at the end of the night to apologize for the mistake with the dish and slow service and comp'd some items which was thoughtful.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBobLDined on 10/9/2014Great food, excellent attentive staff, convenient location, easy parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014We both ordered the Prezzo Frisso menu, enjoyed the selections from each course. Amazing quality for the price! Would not recommend the $18.50 wine pairing. I switched to a different selection after a sip of a very bland Pinot Grigio. That was the only low point, the rest of the evening's meal was stellar. Ample portions meant no room for dessert. The waitress boxed our torte and cookies for us to enjoy the next day. Hope to return next time we are in the area!Special Features:
- Will definitely come backFritzDined on 10/8/2014By coincidence we ate here shortly after returning from a trip to Italy. La Morra held its own compared to some terrific restaurants we ate at in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!BostonvisitDined on 10/3/2014I recently had the pleasure of dining at La Morra. Out flight was delayed and the hostess graciously moved our reservation to a later time. Everyone in our party was able to find something delicious to eat on the menu, including my very picky daughter! Our waiter was knowledgeable, fun and engaging. All of our appetizers and entrees were amazing! The wine list was interesting and offered many options that I had not previously sampled. My son said it was the best meal he had eaten since returning to college!Special Features:
- pasta bolognese: don't pass it upJPchickDined on 10/1/2014Great place, deserving of all of its accolades. Loved the pasta bolognese!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Repeat PerformanceRepeatDined on 9/30/2014We have been to LaMorra several times in recent years. Each experience has very positive from the time we enter to the time we leave. The service is great, the seating is comfortable and most importantly the food is very good. Thank you La Morra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This NY-er was THRILLED!LaurenC93Dined on 9/23/2014Warm and cozy environment, exceptional, mouth-watering food, kind and friendly service. I will definitely be returning and recommending this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Sunday night re-chargeholliDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant very organized, called to confirm our reservation. Many enticing specials, both petite appetizers were delicious. Chef sent a mushroom taster to the table with compliments. Entrees were delicious! Happy to see that the salmon dish was a wild salmon and not farm raised. My husband and I like going out on a night that's not so crowded so we can sort of re-charge for the busy week without being stressed because the restaurant is too busy. This did the trick!Special Features:
- tim10gDined on 9/21/2014Delicious food and large wine list. There was some condensation from the overhead airvent that dripped on our table. Otherwise great dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014Every item on menu sounds so good it is hard to choose, and every choice turns out to be delicious. The staff is informative and helpful about food and wine. Always an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this timeRuthieGVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten at La Morra a few times and each time I have really enjoyed my meal. This time, however, it was rather mediocre. My date and I both had the eggplant parmigiana. Unfortunately the underside was overcooked, in fact, it was slightly burned and it overwhelmed any flavor. The mozzarella, which was evidently homemade, was virtually tasteless. The best part of the entree were the tomatoes, which were very fresh and flavorful. Our salad, which we shared, was the arugula and beets. Truly delicious. The dessert (a chocolate concotion) was tasty enough but not particularly memorable. Service was great and the ambiance comfortable, but the meal was definitely wanting this time.