48 Boylston Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamorra.com/
- Phone: 6177390007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 10
Friday and Saturday 5:30 - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Ziskin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chef Josh Ziskin will create any of his specialties from the current menu. Chef Josh Ziskin will also coordinate rentals, service and any additional needs diners encounter.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private facilities. Upstairs dining room can seat up to 60 guests. The entire restaurant seats 72 guests. Full-service off-site catering available at any location.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Ziskin (617)416-5184
- Special Events: ITALY BIKE TOUR: October 9-14 Tour Piedmont Italy with Chef Josh Ziskin and his wife Jen along with DuVine Adventures: www.duvine.com/la-morra-piedmont-bike-tour.html
A word from La Morra
La Morra, known for its outstanding Northern Italian cuisine, is the perfect location for private parties large and small. The two private and semi-private dining rooms, feature exposed brick walls and hardwood floors that can accommodate parties as large as 75 guests for a sit down meal or cocktail party. We are fully equipped to cater your off premise parties, large and small. Whether it be a small intimate dinner for 8 or a large party of 500, we will bring Northern Italy to the venue of your choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Morra reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)neighborhood gem (109)special occasion (78)romantic (53)notable wine list (52)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great food, tight quartersBillDined on 8/28/2014As always, the food and wine were exceptional. It was particularly nice to have a wine service to match the food. The portions were just right for a traditional Italian meal. We ate on the first floor and it is cramped. In fact we had to move from the first assigned table because it made us a part of our neighbors' conversation. The noise level was also pretty high. As I recall, upstairs is probably better. They appropriately attract a lot of diners because of the food and wine. Maybe its time for an expansion?Special Features:
- Great Little GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. It proved to be a pleasant surprise. We arrived early and sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and helpful. Our bar appetizer was very enjoyable. It was a good beginning. Our party of five was seated in the upstairs dinning room. No sooner did we sit down that we were approached by the staff, who were very attentive and offered suggestions throughout our meal. We selected from the Restaurant Week menu with the suggested wine parings. The entrees proved to be excellent and the suggested wine was a good compliment. All in all, everyone enjoyed their meal, and we will be sure to return again. Congratulations to the Chef and to all of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I reserved a table at La Morra during restaurant week online and made a special request to make the dinner extra special for my fiance who was leaving for Africa for an extended period of time the following day. The manager and entire staff went above and beyond - they moved us from a crowded area to a more spacious table, gave us complimentary dessert wine toast, and wished my fiancee well on his travels multiple times. The food was delicious and the staff was professional. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/27/2014LA Morra is a very cute space. Always very attentive service and staff is great at explaining the dishes and figuring out what one may enjoy. The pastas are especially good. Authentic Italian but innovative additions. Accommodate vegetarian and gluten free diets too. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Farm to table northern italianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/20144 of us went to try La Morra. We had been there once before and sorry we had not been back more often. Simply put, they use fresh ingredients and create their own twist on classic meals. We started with their table serving of homemade bread and a mixture of homemade ricotta & olive oil spread. Between the for of us, it lasted 90 seconds. For appetizers we got different items, Insalata, wood grilled corn salad, and a cherry tomato based salad. This time of year would be a mistake not to get salads with fresh tomatoes. For dinners we got selections of hangar steak, cornish hen and eggplant parmigiana (that was incredibly lite and flavorful). We had a couple of bottles of Barbaresco and finally desert. Service was great. Perfect niteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TobyRVIPDined on 8/26/2014Everyone can find something to enjoy at La Morra but this time I came across a dish (tomato bread pudding with parmesan foam) that I will remember vividly for years to come, it was that outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Hang....OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Boston. The food is unique, consistently good, and reasonably priced. The staff is super, and there is always someone on hand who really knows the extensive and well thought-out wine list. The owners really love the food and the experience and that really shows when you eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014went for "dine out Boaston" on Monday eve. Service was impeccable-waiter was especially knowledgable,pleasant.Food-just delicious!! Four courses-all the right sized portions. We'll be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End-quality in BrooklineBrady1Dined on 8/24/2014We dined during Boston's Restaurant Week and had a fabulous meal at La Morra. Everything was excellent -- food, service, atmosphere! The choices were wide-ranging and all were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- North End in BrooklinehhwdsfarnsworthVIPDined on 8/23/2014Another delicious meal here. The food is consistently excellent. La Morra is off the beaten path but well worth the visit.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who likes rustic italian. Also don't forget to make a reservation they are always busy and full!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!ASA1006Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I finally tried La Morra after many recommendations from friends. It did not disappoint! Our dinner at La Morra was one of the best meals (top 3, I'd say) that we've had in the area. The food and wine were delicious, from the homemade ricotta to start to the eggplant parm. This is a great place for a special meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back for sure.jeanbeanDined on 8/23/2014Amazing service! The owners are a couple who are very involved - the husband is the head chef! Extremely friendly and accommodating staff. You won't be disappointed by the food! The free bread comes with homemade ricotta cheese and basically everything on the menu is homemade! The chocolate mousse for dessert is to die for and they put so many hazelnut bits in it!!!!Special Features:
- You should try La Morra!Gover2000Dined on 8/20/2014What a great place! We went here during restaurant week, and were lavished with four courses (that's right, four!) of absolutely delicious food. Everything we put in our mouth was a magical experience. A must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week experiencePeter99Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I went on a Wednesday night and the Maetre de went out of her way to allow us to eat upstairs which has much more ambiance. The food was outstanding (as always here) and the service very efficient. Highly recomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Food and service were exquisite. Most enjoyable and consistent experience during Restaurant Week. Going early results in quiet dining. Noise level increases after that.Special Features:
- PauloDined on 8/19/2014Our 3rd visit, an anniversary celebration. LaMorra has earned it's place as one if our dependable "Go To" restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Northern Italian CuisineAndyDined on 8/18/2014Service (Kaylee and Brendan), food and wine were top notch - a solid gourmet step up from typical red sauce restaurants. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fantastic menuLacklusterVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great food--went for restaurant week and had an amazing array of options! We will return.Special Features:
- Great dinner!jh2012Dined on 8/17/2014We had the corn salad which was amazing. The Fettucelle with lobster and zucchini was also worth the 5$ extra charge and the hangar steak was delicious as well. Due to the restaurant running out of panna cotta, they offered us Pavlova that I have to say was out of the world. Delicious food. Service was also incredible, the waitress was very attentive even though it was busy. We were very close to another group (who were slightly unpleasant) but that didnt change our wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Love everything about itGTWCWDined on 8/17/2014We went for Restaurant week and had a wonderful four course meal. The staff here is wonderful--friendly and very knowledgeable about the food and wine. The atmosphere is very relaxing and beautiful. It is a little expensive (at least for me) for a casual weekend night out, but it is good value for what it is--a great place to go for a special evening.Special Features:
- TrioJPeatsDined on 8/17/2014Three of went for Dine Out Boston to try La Morra for the first time. We'll definitely be back. Food was fresh, seasonal and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative cuisinebeekDined on 8/12/2014Imaginative variations on Italian dishes. Every course was excellent. Pasta with figs was unusual and mouth-watering; a tender pork chop exploded with flavor. Waiter was informed, helpful, and unobtrusive.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian in the 'hoodHadliieDined on 8/11/2014A friend recommended we try this spot when we were in from out of town. Server recommended wine and both were delicious. I had the prim fix which was tempting mix of traditional and new. Small glass of muscato capped that menu. My date ordered from the menu and was equally impressed. Go and enjoy but make a reesevation if going on the weekendSpecial Features:
- Perfect Pasta!RozzieDined on 8/9/2014The special pasta of the night was outstanding, including juicy figs. The pasta with lobster also delicious, as was the cornish hen. A lovely evening!Special Features:
- Great service, wonderful atmosphereRedheadDined on 8/9/2014Professional yet friendly when asking for advice on menu and wine. Enjoyed Bernie and her enthusiastic and knowledge on wine and pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as usual!JpfanDined on 8/9/2014Haven't been to LaMorra this summer so decided on a last minute reservation. The food, which is always very good, was particularly outstanding. We began with the Pate Toscana as we often do. The Arugula salad with roasted beets, funnel toasted hazelnuts and parmesan was a delicious antipasto. Fettucelle con aragosta, homemade noodles with lobster, zucchini, and basil in a light sauce was the best pasta dish ever with some actual chunks of lobster. My husband had Agnolotti with Corn and mushroom filling which was a bit sweet and a wonderful change from lamb filling. We both chose the smaller portion option and it was more than sufficient in both cases. Service was prompt without being rushed; the server was friendly and helpful. A+Special Features:
- Yes, La Morra!!!FES1123Dined on 8/8/2014I have never been disappointed in a visit to La Morra. From the cicchetti to dessert, everything has always been wonderful. The only thing I miss is the apple cinnamon martini they used to serve, but there are plenty of wonderful alternatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La MorrajmanddmVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food and service is always very good. This is a great restaurant that is easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Became our "go to" placeBuckDined on 7/23/2014Have been there 8 times in the past year and left each time thinking how wonderful the food is. Fresh ingredients beautifully prepared, warm service. Could you want for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA MORRAHOFFIEDined on 7/23/2014Our first try after passing this place many times. The overall experience was positive, relaxed, good food, pleasant wait staff, quiet enough for a conversation, etc. I'd say the food was very good, but potato chips with pasta? not necessary. I hope La Morra doesn't get caught up in the foodie "It's got to be exotic" craze. I'd certainly go back. The price was reasonable, and the parking no where as difficult as I thought it would be-- in fact, it was easy. We parked on the street (route 9) a block or so away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, service a bit confusedmedfailureDined on 7/23/2014The system here is complicated, but I like it. However, the servers (in the few times I have been here) have been a bit confused and a little slow to take orders. They have a course that one can order before appetizers, consisting of just one or two bites. Diners receive this menu before the main menu. But my experience has been that drink orders are taken, and then (usually after a fairly long wait for a place of this size) the waitstaff comes up (having handed the diner the full menu after drink orders) and wants to take the whole order. I think it is probably supposed to work differently, but in practice, it is a bit odd. Still, the food is good, the wine list is good, and the ambiance is good.Special Features:
- a bit too oilylittlemisspiggieDined on 7/18/2014I got the pasta special -- broccoli with cheese and it was swimming in oil. Tasty but looked like it could've had about half the oil. Not really super gourmet, something I might make on a weeknight, but tasty enough. For the prices, I think the food could be a bit more sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free errorsBobLDined on 7/16/2014The young man bringing the entrees gave the gluten-free entree to the wrong person, and the entree containing gluten to the wrong person. Then, in the gluten-free pasta entree, some regular pasta was found. Very disappointing. If you are on a gluten-free diet, and you are eating there, be very careful. The food is very good, the ambience is nice, and the staff are very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDennisDined on 7/12/2014Great menue that always feels seasonal and fresh, its great they are still going strong after ten years. It is clear the owners and staff care about thier guests and make each visit a great experience.Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014If there was a way to reduce the noise level, la morra would be perfect. The food is always great and the staff friendly and knowledgable. But the noise level is a problem. We code to sit next to the window upstairs to reduce the number of tables around us and if was still hard to engage in comversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerparadisioDined on 7/11/2014We were delighted to introduce our foodie friends to La Morra. The menu is interesting and one of our friends - who rates restaurants by meatball goodness - pronounce La Morra's as worthy contenders. Everything was very good and we had a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top, tasty, and creative cooking!foodloversVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been coming to La Morra for years, and it is still one of the best restaurants we know. There are always new additions to the menu, with a delicious and creative use of a wide palette of fresh flavors (and often their signature wood-fired grilled taste) to make wonderful and interesting dishes. This visit, the pleasant flavor surprises were the sliced rhubarb in the salad and the grilled sorrel with the hanger steak. Yum!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014The food was equivalent to that of any good Italian restaurant and there was nothing special about it. Our dinner for 5 people took 2 and 1/2 hours since the service was so slow. It would be normal for Europe but not for America. The prices were fair and the ambiance good.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dining experienceFrecklesDined on 7/6/2014Good food, good service, and excellent quality. Presented us with a complimentary dessert because of the long wait for our meals -- not necessary but very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.