48 Boylston Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamorra.com/
- Phone: 6177390007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 10
Friday and Saturday 5:30 - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Ziskin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chef Josh Ziskin will create any of his specialties from the current menu. Chef Josh Ziskin will also coordinate rentals, service and any additional needs diners encounter.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private facilities. Upstairs dining room can seat up to 60 guests. The entire restaurant seats 72 guests. Full-service off-site catering available at any location.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Ziskin (617)416-5184
- Special Events: ITALY BIKE TOUR: October 9-14 Tour Piedmont Italy with Chef Josh Ziskin and his wife Jen along with DuVine Adventures: www.duvine.com/la-morra-piedmont-bike-tour.html
A word from La Morra
La Morra, known for its outstanding Northern Italian cuisine, is the perfect location for private parties large and small. The two private and semi-private dining rooms, feature exposed brick walls and hardwood floors that can accommodate parties as large as 75 guests for a sit down meal or cocktail party. We are fully equipped to cater your off premise parties, large and small. Whether it be a small intimate dinner for 8 or a large party of 500, we will bring Northern Italy to the venue of your choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Morra - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
La Morra reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)neighborhood gem (103)special occasion (81)notable wine list (55)romantic (50)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- ZindergirlDined on 9/13/2014This was our second trip to La Morra and the food was delicious, just like the first time. Our server was professional and knowledgeable. However it was so loud we could not hear each other until the end of the night, just like the last time. Some noise dampening pams would improve the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingScottVIPDined on 9/12/2014We chose La Morra for our anniversary dinner and were not disappointed. The server (Matt) was excellent - personable, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The appetizers were exquisite, especially the Squash Blossoms. The wine selection was extensive, with many choices quite moderately priced. The entrees were excellent and very large (we got two meals from ours). The atmosphere is homey, not unlike an Irish pub. We had lovely chats with people on both sides of our table (the tables are very close). All told, a marvelous evening and once again La Morra was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masi Wine DinnerMCOfoodieDined on 9/9/2014The five courses of Venetian inspired dishes we spectacular. The food is always delicious at La Morra but I'm also always so impressed with how great it is and what is offered at such reasonable prices. It's a true neighborhood gem and one I recommend to everyone I can. Wine pours were a bit small but no complaints as we sampled six different wines. The cheese plate from Wasik's cheese shop was a mind blower.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodmareVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have been to La Morra many times and have always been impressed by the food. It is consistently delicious and innovative. The manager Stephanie knows the wine list very well and always gives great suggestions. We always recommend La Morra to our friends!Special Features:
- Revisit to La MorraJudyDined on 9/5/2014In the past, we have had outstanding meals at LaMorra. About a year ago, I remembered the food as too rich but decided to return to see if that were true. We love the setting, the service was wonderful and the beet salad outstanding, but the main dishes (both fish) were indeed very salty and oily. Even the vegetables were cooked with too much oil.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining02445DMMDined on 9/2/2014The food is incredibly delicious, very well prepared and unique among Italian restaurants. Absolutely my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to La Morra. We went for my wife's birthday. We a great time- the food was outstanding, the service was impeccable and the overall experience far exceeded my expectations. Keep up the good work- we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Amazing and creative menu, attentive service, never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great foodgenemiaeDined on 8/30/2014It's been a couple of years since our last visit. I forgot how great the food is at this wonderful restaurant. The Ragusa pasta is the best anywhere. They had a pork tenderloin special that was out of this world with a very tangy sauce. Wine by the glass is top notch and all the prices are reasonable considering the close proximity to Boston. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Boston's Best Italian RestaurantcollegefoodieDined on 8/30/2014La Morra is phenomenal. I had the pleasure of dining from their à la carte menu as well as their fixed Restaurant Week one. It's an absolute gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I took our son's college roommates out for I nice Italian dinner and picked La Morra based on internet reviews. The four course fixed price meal was fabulous. Combined with a great atmosphere and excellent service, it was an exceptional experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, tight quartersBillDined on 8/28/2014As always, the food and wine were exceptional. It was particularly nice to have a wine service to match the food. The portions were just right for a traditional Italian meal. We ate on the first floor and it is cramped. In fact we had to move from the first assigned table because it made us a part of our neighbors' conversation. The noise level was also pretty high. As I recall, upstairs is probably better. They appropriately attract a lot of diners because of the food and wine. Maybe its time for an expansion?Special Features:
- Great Little GemSproutsDined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. It proved to be a pleasant surprise. We arrived early and sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and helpful. Our bar appetizer was very enjoyable. It was a good beginning. Our party of five was seated in the upstairs dinning room. No sooner did we sit down that we were approached by the staff, who were very attentive and offered suggestions throughout our meal. We selected from the Restaurant Week menu with the suggested wine parings. The entrees proved to be excellent and the suggested wine was a good compliment. All in all, everyone enjoyed their meal, and we will be sure to return again. Congratulations to the Chef and to all of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I reserved a table at La Morra during restaurant week online and made a special request to make the dinner extra special for my fiance who was leaving for Africa for an extended period of time the following day. The manager and entire staff went above and beyond - they moved us from a crowded area to a more spacious table, gave us complimentary dessert wine toast, and wished my fiancee well on his travels multiple times. The food was delicious and the staff was professional. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/27/2014LA Morra is a very cute space. Always very attentive service and staff is great at explaining the dishes and figuring out what one may enjoy. The pastas are especially good. Authentic Italian but innovative additions. Accommodate vegetarian and gluten free diets too. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Farm to table northern italianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/20144 of us went to try La Morra. We had been there once before and sorry we had not been back more often. Simply put, they use fresh ingredients and create their own twist on classic meals. We started with their table serving of homemade bread and a mixture of homemade ricotta & olive oil spread. Between the for of us, it lasted 90 seconds. For appetizers we got different items, Insalata, wood grilled corn salad, and a cherry tomato based salad. This time of year would be a mistake not to get salads with fresh tomatoes. For dinners we got selections of hangar steak, cornish hen and eggplant parmigiana (that was incredibly lite and flavorful). We had a couple of bottles of Barbaresco and finally desert. Service was great. Perfect niteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TobyRVIPDined on 8/26/2014Everyone can find something to enjoy at La Morra but this time I came across a dish (tomato bread pudding with parmesan foam) that I will remember vividly for years to come, it was that outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Hang....eMBeeVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Boston. The food is unique, consistently good, and reasonably priced. The staff is super, and there is always someone on hand who really knows the extensive and well thought-out wine list. The owners really love the food and the experience and that really shows when you eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014went for "dine out Boaston" on Monday eve. Service was impeccable-waiter was especially knowledgable,pleasant.Food-just delicious!! Four courses-all the right sized portions. We'll be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End-quality in BrooklineBrady1Dined on 8/24/2014We dined during Boston's Restaurant Week and had a fabulous meal at La Morra. Everything was excellent -- food, service, atmosphere! The choices were wide-ranging and all were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- North End in BrooklinehhwdsfarnsworthVIPDined on 8/23/2014Another delicious meal here. The food is consistently excellent. La Morra is off the beaten path but well worth the visit.Special Features:
- ExcellentChrisDined on 8/23/2014I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who likes rustic italian. Also don't forget to make a reservation they are always busy and full!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!ASA1006Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I finally tried La Morra after many recommendations from friends. It did not disappoint! Our dinner at La Morra was one of the best meals (top 3, I'd say) that we've had in the area. The food and wine were delicious, from the homemade ricotta to start to the eggplant parm. This is a great place for a special meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back for sure.jeanbeanDined on 8/23/2014Amazing service! The owners are a couple who are very involved - the husband is the head chef! Extremely friendly and accommodating staff. You won't be disappointed by the food! The free bread comes with homemade ricotta cheese and basically everything on the menu is homemade! The chocolate mousse for dessert is to die for and they put so many hazelnut bits in it!!!!Special Features:
- You should try La Morra!Gover2000Dined on 8/20/2014What a great place! We went here during restaurant week, and were lavished with four courses (that's right, four!) of absolutely delicious food. Everything we put in our mouth was a magical experience. A must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week experiencePeter99Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I went on a Wednesday night and the Maetre de went out of her way to allow us to eat upstairs which has much more ambiance. The food was outstanding (as always here) and the service very efficient. Highly recomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Food and service were exquisite. Most enjoyable and consistent experience during Restaurant Week. Going early results in quiet dining. Noise level increases after that.Special Features:
- PauloDined on 8/19/2014Our 3rd visit, an anniversary celebration. LaMorra has earned it's place as one if our dependable "Go To" restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Northern Italian CuisineAndyDined on 8/18/2014Service (Kaylee and Brendan), food and wine were top notch - a solid gourmet step up from typical red sauce restaurants. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fantastic menuLacklusterVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great food--went for restaurant week and had an amazing array of options! We will return.Special Features:
- Great dinner!jh2012Dined on 8/17/2014We had the corn salad which was amazing. The Fettucelle with lobster and zucchini was also worth the 5$ extra charge and the hangar steak was delicious as well. Due to the restaurant running out of panna cotta, they offered us Pavlova that I have to say was out of the world. Delicious food. Service was also incredible, the waitress was very attentive even though it was busy. We were very close to another group (who were slightly unpleasant) but that didnt change our wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Love everything about itGTWCWDined on 8/17/2014We went for Restaurant week and had a wonderful four course meal. The staff here is wonderful--friendly and very knowledgeable about the food and wine. The atmosphere is very relaxing and beautiful. It is a little expensive (at least for me) for a casual weekend night out, but it is good value for what it is--a great place to go for a special evening.Special Features:
- TrioJPeatsDined on 8/17/2014Three of went for Dine Out Boston to try La Morra for the first time. We'll definitely be back. Food was fresh, seasonal and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative cuisinebeekDined on 8/12/2014Imaginative variations on Italian dishes. Every course was excellent. Pasta with figs was unusual and mouth-watering; a tender pork chop exploded with flavor. Waiter was informed, helpful, and unobtrusive.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian in the 'hoodHadliieDined on 8/11/2014A friend recommended we try this spot when we were in from out of town. Server recommended wine and both were delicious. I had the prim fix which was tempting mix of traditional and new. Small glass of muscato capped that menu. My date ordered from the menu and was equally impressed. Go and enjoy but make a reesevation if going on the weekendSpecial Features:
- Perfect Pasta!RozzieDined on 8/9/2014The special pasta of the night was outstanding, including juicy figs. The pasta with lobster also delicious, as was the cornish hen. A lovely evening!Special Features:
- Great service, wonderful atmosphereRedheadDined on 8/9/2014Professional yet friendly when asking for advice on menu and wine. Enjoyed Bernie and her enthusiastic and knowledge on wine and pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as usual!JpfanDined on 8/9/2014Haven't been to LaMorra this summer so decided on a last minute reservation. The food, which is always very good, was particularly outstanding. We began with the Pate Toscana as we often do. The Arugula salad with roasted beets, funnel toasted hazelnuts and parmesan was a delicious antipasto. Fettucelle con aragosta, homemade noodles with lobster, zucchini, and basil in a light sauce was the best pasta dish ever with some actual chunks of lobster. My husband had Agnolotti with Corn and mushroom filling which was a bit sweet and a wonderful change from lamb filling. We both chose the smaller portion option and it was more than sufficient in both cases. Service was prompt without being rushed; the server was friendly and helpful. A+Special Features:
- Yes, La Morra!!!FES1123Dined on 8/8/2014I have never been disappointed in a visit to La Morra. From the cicchetti to dessert, everything has always been wonderful. The only thing I miss is the apple cinnamon martini they used to serve, but there are plenty of wonderful alternatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La MorrajmanddmVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food and service is always very good. This is a great restaurant that is easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.