102 W. 86th St.
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamirabellenyc.com/
- Phone: 2124960458
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for Valentine's Day. We sill be serving dinner from 5:30pm to 10:00pm. We are offering a special Valentine's Day a la carte menu.
A word from La Mirabelle
La Mirabelle offers traditional French fare, perfected and served in a gracious, welcoming environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Mirabelle - Best Restaurants in Upper West Side ›
La Mirabelle reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (23)romantic (16)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- French Comfort Foodnew2nycVIPDined on 10/18/2014The warm,welcoming French atmosphere invokes visits to France in the 50s,maybe 60s?/Its good,somewhat "old-fashioned french food-always well-prepared..Everything was delicious and my dining companion and i enjoyed our second visit to la mirabelle.we enjoyed the Escargots,goat-cheese salad,duck,veal, and ,especially the Creme Brulee. We will be back to this lovely neighborhood reminder of what we loved about Paris ---lace window curtain and all---Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PridurokPridurokDined on 10/18/2014Very good, unusual items on the menu, good before theaterSpecial Features:
- MAHdines2nightDined on 10/15/2014Excellent, classic French cuisine. Noise level OK, but not as quiet as I remembered. Made reservation over a week ago and got stuck at one of 3 tables near bar and kitchen door; my chair was repeatedly bumped by waiters going back and forth. Place packed at 7:00 on a Wednesday. Next time, would call for an appointment to specify where NOT to sit. Coquilles St Jacques excellent. Duck: fat on skin should have been more rendered off.Special Features:
- Friendly quality DiningKimberleyKowboyDined on 10/12/2014Ok this may not be a 5 start chefs hat restaurant but it is good quality dining with great service. The menu items are well thought through French classics. The service is friendly but professional and very attentive. This is a classic restaurant that I go back to on every trip to NY. It is very convenient to the subway as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/11/2014great meal topped off by being serenaded "La Vie en Rose" by a serverSpecial Features:
- PennyDined on 10/1/2014Food is delicious. Menu items include many dishes rarely seen these days but which bring back great tastes and great memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFIQUEFeingirlDined on 9/29/2014I cannot remember when the first time was that I experienced this gem. At least 20 years ago, I think. I never fail to enjoy, enjoy, enjoy the authentic French ambiance, the charming wait staff and bien sur le cusine est tres fin. All I can say is I hope they are around for many many years to come.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencejhearlDined on 9/26/2014It was my 65th birthday so I wanted a restaurant with good food and a nice atmosphere. La Mirrabelle fit the bill . We arrived on time and were seated immediately. The lady who took our order was, I think, the owner. Lovely person with a warm smile and welcoming attitude. Service was quick and efficient. My steak au poivre was cooked perfectly - tender and juicy and had plenty of the delicious pepper sauce. During the meal, a server sang some lovely French songs and that just capped off the evening. We were each given a complimentary glass of a dessert wine with our desserts. All in all, a perfect experience for my birthday (and I did not mention to the staff that it was my birthday - I'm not into celebrations). Worth every penny!Special Features:
- Upper West Side FavoriteChoiceDined on 9/19/2014La Mirabelle is our uptown favorite East or West. It has been our first choice for dinner for years for when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet/Comfortable/DeliciousJacquesDined on 9/18/2014This is a perfect restaurant to choose when you want to act and be treated like an adult. The classic French food is carefully prepared and well-priced, the chairs are comfortable, the noise level enables conversation (at normal levels) and the service is professional, congenial and unhurried. We go there frequently and even our fanciest friends walk out pleasantly surprised at how wonderful their meal was.Special Features:
- A French Family Tradition . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014La Mirabelle is a neighborhood gem on the Upper West Side. A family owned and run business with a friendly welcome, efficient and consistent service and great French food! While catering to an older crowd with early reservations, La Mirabelle should be a "go to" place for a younger audience looking for a quiet spot to have a conversation and an excellent meal with well priced wines and a generous pour. A perfect spot for "parties" with large round tables and balcony seating . . not to mention a singing waitress who makes the event even more special with her rendition of Happy Birthday!! La Mirabelle should be on everyone's dinner list and is deserving of it's regular clientele and great reputation.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014This is a oldie but a goodie in the neighborhood. The food is good and some good French classic dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/27/2014always reliably good and pleasant and fairly quietSpecial Features:
- Real French On the UWSFood4ThoughtDined on 8/20/2014I've walked by this resturant for years and I finally had dinner - what a find! It's been around for 25+ years and now I know why. The resturant was full on a Thursday night in late August which says a lot. A lovely dining experience - warm inviting atmosphere. Not stuffy at all. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Neighborhood fixture for many years (previously at 86th and 9th ave)--fabulous classic French food, impeccable service. Not budget, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this restaurantdaisyMaude45Dined on 8/2/2014Quaint restaurant, ok food, but was so noisy, impossible to talk without yelling. Frustrating. Could hardly wait to get outside on the street, which seemed quiet compared to the restaurant.
- Fast frenchLisaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Went for a quick dinner with friends- it was perfect for that. Nothing fancy, but good, standard bistro food. Service was just fine and the atmosphere was satisfactory.Special Features:
- Comme-ci comme-caCulinaciousDined on 7/25/2014Though packed at 9 PM on a Friday, noise level is very comfortable. Decor is dominated by large, colorful though amateurish paintings of cottages with flower gardens. Food was mediocre for me, better for my companion who ordered a steak. My chicken liver saute appetizer was over cooked in too much oil. Monkfish was properly cooked in undistinguished sauce. Great baguettes, friendly service.Special Features:
- An old fashioned French spotNYDinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Solid French food in an old-style neighborhood setting.
- Like familyNicolaDined on 7/19/2014I have been going to La Mirabelle for years. From the first moment I stepped into the restaurant, the fantastic staff treated me like family. The food is great and it is a wonderful place to go to for special occasions, or just to have a great dinner out. It is one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Ancien Regime Wins AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Where else would one go on Bastile Day! Two rousing rounds of the Marseillese (spelling??) one of America the Beautiful. Went early stayed late for the scene and a good bottle of wine at a reasonable price. A place to indulge - order oysters and ris de veau. Or rognons if one perfers. Non-internal organs available. Served elegantly, Very Bistro de Paris.Special Features:
- Authentic French foodWestSiderDined on 7/12/2014I love this restaurant for a special occasion - in this case a birthday. Decorated with oil paintings of France, charming ambiance, main floor plus balcony. I had duck with plum sauce, which is their signature dish and was cooked just right, crispy skin, tasty sauce, not too fatty. There were interesting other choices, venison in the winter, soft shell crabs when I was there in the summer. Prices are somewhat high, most entrees in the $20's or low $30's, but well worth it. Waitress was very attentive - there is a singing waitress as well. I was there on Bastille Day, and she and all of us joined in on the Marseillaise.Special Features:
- We love itcjmlVIPDined on 7/11/2014La Mirabelle is our favorite restaurant in Manhattan. Food is consistently good, ambiance is warm, friendly and courteous. We go when we are celebrating important occasions and when we need solace and sustenance. Decor is enhanced by Danielle's paintings. Annik, Tallie and Luic are the best hosts and the wait staff is amazing.Special Features:
- A regulardancer97Dined on 7/7/2014I was a customer at their original location for many years. I was thrilled when they moved so now they're even more convenient for me. I go at least once a week either with my companion or alone. The food is classic with a very down to earth atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres BienABG1Dined on 7/1/2014When everyone in your party makes impromptu positive remarks on the service, food etc. you know you are in for an exceptional dining experience. This was the case at La Mirabelle. For example when 2 of us mentioned that we would share the Entree, it was delivered on 2 plates. A thoughtful decision on the part of the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming French restaurantSpangleNYCVIPDined on 6/26/2014Clearly French, with lace curtains framing the front windows, this is a solid restaurant that has an older crowd. Soft-shell crabs are in season so we were eager to try them, but disappointed in the preparation made with heavy breadcrumbs, rather than a crispy sautéed crust. The endive and blue cheese salad is generous and both visually appealing in the way it is presented as well as delicious. The veal stew was tasty, plentiful and rich, but the chocolate mousse a bit light. Since the tables for 4 are small-sized, it was possible to hear our group's conversation, despite the surrounding noise level. We will continue to frequent this restaurant, since it is always a pleasant experience and the food is generally good, but not outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 362 reviews are from the La Mirabelle reviews archive.
- An UWS institutionCitygrlVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always guaranteed to serve good quality food in a relaxed atmosphere with great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!MGD18VIPDined on 6/24/2014We are never disappointed. The food, and service are great, add to that the restaurant is full and you can still hear eachother! Lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Fantastic MirabelleBoboDined on 6/22/2014Good Food, good rinks and good waiters. The atmosphere is very French and romantic.Special Features:
- A must on the UWSwelovefoodVIPDined on 6/17/2014We absolutely love this neighborhood gem!! The staff always makes you feel special and the food is the real star!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional French, well executedrockDined on 6/17/2014A good place for a nice, traditional French dining experience. Our party was satisfied all around with the uncomplicated, appealing cuisine, with salads especially notable for crisp, fresh flavors. They make an excellent crepes suzette. Service was a little slow from the kitchen due to a large party, but our waitress was attentive and cheerful and problem-solving and it was a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Good French FoodJanDVIPDined on 6/15/2014La Mirabelle has been on the Upper West Side for many years. It is one of the few basic, neighborhood French restaurants around. The food, and the wait staff remind me of Paris. Three of us had excellent dishes. I loved the duck.Special Features:
- Wonderful classic bistroSAL1VIPDined on 6/12/2014Food is outstanding. Duck special was even juicier and more tender than the great duck with plum (Mirabelle) that is a standard on the menu..and always good. Soft shell crabs had the best preparation...flavorful with seasoning, but not too much junk. Leg of lamb spectacular. Unusual shrimp guacamole appetizer didn't seem too French, but was delicious. Service is always friendly and bustling. Atmosphere is bustling and lively despite the clientele being full of gray hairs.Special Features:
- Everything WorksDicksonButtmanDined on 6/7/2014It's an Upper West Side gem restaurant. Everything was wonderfully prepared and stunningly flavorful. Really, difficult to find anything of this high quality in this neighborhood. Why, I don't know. Anyway, it's a new favorite for special occasions.Special Features:
- DisappointingUnknownReviewerDined on 5/17/2014Servers are pleasant but service is not professional. Placing and taking off items haphazard and from wrong sides of patron. Reaching over to place a dish in front of another patron. Food is not exceptional but is pretty good. Chanteuse, who is generally there on a Sat night, was not, and it was disappointing because we had several birthdays at our table and we were looking forward to her being there. Prices are high for a family/local restaurant which is what one thinks of, in general, about the La Mirabelle.Special Features:
- classical French cuisineuwsfoodieDined on 5/17/2014My family and I have visited La Mirabelle often, and so have friends of ours. It's hard to find a neighborhood restaurant where the quality of the food is consistently good, and La Mirabelle delivers on that score. I don't think we've had a bad meal there. The atmosphere can be stuffy, the clientele is not young anymore, but most people come here I imagine because the restaurant has become a trusted friend. However, our latest visit was a disappointment - the service was hurried and harassed. Dishes appeared on the table before the diner had finished the previous one, the different courses followed each other with lightning speed, and the check was plunked down without our asking for it - a major no no in a good restaurant.Special Features:
- JayceeVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was supposed to be a mother's day brunch but all of the dishes on the menu were dinner dishes. They did offer 2 omelets in addition, which some of us ordered but they were not very good. Although there confirmation and a later communication said there was a special mother's day menu, they never sent it. Had we known the menu in advance we wouldn't have gone. A disappointing meal.
- the last of classic French fooddancer97Dined on 5/8/2014AT THIS FAMILY RUN RESTAURANT YOU KNOW YOUR GOING TO GET SERIOUSLY PREPARED FOOD IN A COMFORTABLE ROOM. AND NO RIDICULOUS PUMPED IN "MUSIC"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014Danielle was in perfect tune the other night! So enjoyed her impromptu singing! Really made the ambience even more special. Bit disappointed in the $35.00 corkage fee...bit steep! Delicious french cuisine!Special Features:
- rrliebermaDined on 4/19/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. I have been there over the years and it remains a favorite.Special Features: