102 W. 86th St.
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamirabellenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 496-0458
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for Valentine's Day. We sill be serving dinner from 5:30pm to 10:00pm. We are offering a special Valentine's Day a la carte menu.
A word from La Mirabelle
La Mirabelle offers traditional French fare, perfected and served in a gracious, welcoming environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Mirabelle - Best Restaurants in Upper West Side ›
La Mirabelle reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (36)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)good for groups (15)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Another fine dining experienceThemusicmavenDined on 11/25/2014We returned to La Mirabelle to celebrate the birthday of two friends. We have eaten there many times and are always pleased that each occurrence is as good or better then the last. We had a nice table upstairs in the "balcony". The young waitress was very efficient and attentive. We never had to wait long periods of time between the various courses. The quality of the food was excellent. I had filet of sole. It was tender, juicy and nicely flavored. The onion soup was first rate, and not overly salty. Dessert was yummy and enough for two to share. My guests all had similar experiences and everyone left smiling. We shall return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French restaurantDiner78Dined on 11/24/2014This restaurant is consistently good. The food is traditional French, well prepared and served. The service is efficient and pleasant without being obtrusive. It's always a pleasure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014The food was amazing, as was the service. I will say that the decor is a little outdated and it was very bright considering I usually prefer restaurants that dim their lights - That being said, the food and service outshine this. We had the escargot, coquilles st jacque, the veal, and the shrimp scampi, all \with absolutely no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemJimboVIPDined on 11/22/2014We just returned from two weeks in France, and we felt like we had returned. Everything, from starters to dessert was wonderful. The wine list was terrific and fairly priced. It is magical when "mama" sings to the diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice New FindTulsaOKDined on 11/21/2014I wanted to venture out from our usual pattern of staying with restaurants near our hotel at Bryant Park. So glad we found La Mirabelle. Easy to carry on a conversation, quaint, and the vocalist added a special touch. Enjoy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- How did I miss this place beforeQuakePhilDined on 11/21/2014First of all its a bit pricey. But you get what you paid for, and for me it is well worth it. It really felt like the hostess (actually, I believe she was the manager of the restaurant) wanted to do everything right by us, and overall the atmosphere was very welcoming and relaxing. The food is absolutely amazing. There's artwork on the walls. Go check it out. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic french food with a song!PickyEaterDined on 11/15/2014Loved the diversity of the menu, wonderful unpretentious food, at an affordable price. Small, intimate and reasonable noise level. Food highlights were: Escargot, the country pate, Sweet breads, and the Banana Chocolate crepe! Couldn't believe they were out of duck! but the best part was being serenaded with La Vie en Rose by the owner! Classic New York experience. Thanks for a wonderful birthday celebration with the girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new2nycVIPDined on 11/15/2014very enjoyable French meal one might have had in the sixties or earlier.large portions.warm ,friendly ambiance..French servers- good food.enjoyed the warm musroom appetizers,veal,fish dishes-poultry looked excellent.very good creme brulee. an excellent choice for a cold,early winter night!!- despite hum of nearby talk,was possible to have a conversaion!! really nice evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper West Side Dinning GemsecuretheshadowDined on 11/9/2014Consistently good French food served in ample portions, decent wine list, great service and ambience. And, Merci Dieu, not trendy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014this is good hearty French country fare. Simple and straightforward. service was friendly and professional. sweetbreads were light and fluffy. the early crowd (out by 8pm) was ancient. The later crowd was very mixed and the whole placed lighten up tremendously!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/7/2014Classy traditional French restaurant. Great vibe. Upper West Side upper class clientele.. Terrific duck, classic artichoke vinaigrette, delicious French bread and butter and refreshingly generous glasses of wine.. Hurray!! Seems to be very reliable... Which is few and far between today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gemCarolynBDined on 11/7/2014This is a gem of a restaurant where authentic French food is served in a small ,only slightly noisy venue with competent, "mature" French waitresses. There wasn't one dish that disappointed: onion soup, terrific duck, excellent fish and a beautiful Tart Tatin--all were wonderful. Multiple courses and wine can add the bill up considerably, but it will all be delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved La Mirabelle1njgalVIPDined on 10/30/2014I selected this wonderful French restaurant to have a special meeting with friends who have not seen one another for many months….it was a perfect choice. We sat upstairs overlooking the railing…private yet we could oversee the entire establishment. Our server was wonderful, as was the food. We all had fish entrees and loved them. The wine was a great choice (with the assistance of our server)…and our crepes suzette a perfect finish. We relaxed…did not rush…and had a wonderful dining experience. Would go back without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale French BistroWavewatcherVIPDined on 10/27/2014If you are looking for a really good casual French restaurant....the kind that has the standbys like onion soup, escargots and offal......then this is the place for you. Unlike many of the French restaurants in NYC with similar menus that are stale and dated, the food at La Mirabelle is consistently delicious and the service is warm and efficient. Don't pass up the Dover sole if it is on the menu.Special Features:
- A happy birthdayPeacefulDinerDined on 10/26/2014I was taking a friend out for her birthday and tried to think of a place where we could actually hear each other talk. I remembered Mirabelle. Not only was it still a comfortable, cozy, and casually elegant place with low-pitched voices -- but the food was better than ever. My herbed lamb chops with a vegetable medley was superb and my friend's steak was delicious. The dessert we shared -- a fresh fruit tart with real whipped cream was scrumptious and satisfying. My friend was delighted with her birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A French classicAusMossyDined on 10/25/2014A great old school French Restaurant. Everything about our evening was wonderful and memorable. We will definitely visit again. I found the prices very reasonable and the serves generous. The staff are warm, friendly and yet professional. There are obviously many regulars among the clientele, and I can understand why.Special Features:
- Still wonderful!JLCNYVIPDined on 10/24/2014Mirabelle continues to be one of my favorite dining places in NY. The food is always excellent (many times the specials are outstanding) and the service is perfect. The noise level was high on this visit because at the next table a father and his two sons were discussing (loudly) the Yankees and Giants all evening and how they would run the ball clubs! Danielle, the chanteuse/waitress, serenaded a couple of birthdays and an anniversary, making the evening even more enjoyable. Many from the neighborhood seem to go there weekly. Rightly so.Special Features:
- Check your billgaspasserDined on 10/23/2014We used to enjoy eating at La Mirabelle at its former location. We thought it would be great for a group of 6 friends. We had a table that was away from the noise. But, the problem arose when it came time to pay. The waitress put the tip on the bill. When the person at the cash register noticed that, he became arrogant and rude and said that the tip should not have been included. He then recalculated the bill. The recalculated bill had an error, which we found because we were annoyed at this person. The error was $225. It was refunded. A friend of ours had forewarned us that they had had errors in their bills on two previous occasions. Because of this experience, we don't plan on returning. CHECK YOUR BILL IF YOU EAT AT LA MIRABELLE.
- njjgDined on 10/21/2014Classic French cuisine, well prepared. Very large portions. Delicious desserts and a moderately priced wine list. Will definitely go there again and again.Special Features:
- French Comfort Foodnew2nycVIPDined on 10/18/2014The warm,welcoming French atmosphere invokes visits to France in the 50s,maybe 60s?/Its good,somewhat "old-fashioned french food-always well-prepared..Everything was delicious and my dining companion and i enjoyed our second visit to la mirabelle.we enjoyed the Escargots,goat-cheese salad,duck,veal, and ,especially the Creme Brulee. We will be back to this lovely neighborhood reminder of what we loved about Paris ---lace window curtain and all---Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PridurokPridurokDined on 10/18/2014Very good, unusual items on the menu, good before theaterSpecial Features:
- MAHdines2nightDined on 10/15/2014Excellent, classic French cuisine. Noise level OK, but not as quiet as I remembered. Made reservation over a week ago and got stuck at one of 3 tables near bar and kitchen door; my chair was repeatedly bumped by waiters going back and forth. Place packed at 7:00 on a Wednesday. Next time, would call for an appointment to specify where NOT to sit. Coquilles St Jacques excellent. Duck: fat on skin should have been more rendered off.Special Features:
- Friendly quality DiningKimberleyKowboyDined on 10/12/2014Ok this may not be a 5 start chefs hat restaurant but it is good quality dining with great service. The menu items are well thought through French classics. The service is friendly but professional and very attentive. This is a classic restaurant that I go back to on every trip to NY. It is very convenient to the subway as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/11/2014great meal topped off by being serenaded "La Vie en Rose" by a serverSpecial Features:
- PennyDined on 10/1/2014Food is delicious. Menu items include many dishes rarely seen these days but which bring back great tastes and great memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFIQUEFeingirlDined on 9/29/2014I cannot remember when the first time was that I experienced this gem. At least 20 years ago, I think. I never fail to enjoy, enjoy, enjoy the authentic French ambiance, the charming wait staff and bien sur le cusine est tres fin. All I can say is I hope they are around for many many years to come.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencejhearlDined on 9/26/2014It was my 65th birthday so I wanted a restaurant with good food and a nice atmosphere. La Mirrabelle fit the bill . We arrived on time and were seated immediately. The lady who took our order was, I think, the owner. Lovely person with a warm smile and welcoming attitude. Service was quick and efficient. My steak au poivre was cooked perfectly - tender and juicy and had plenty of the delicious pepper sauce. During the meal, a server sang some lovely French songs and that just capped off the evening. We were each given a complimentary glass of a dessert wine with our desserts. All in all, a perfect experience for my birthday (and I did not mention to the staff that it was my birthday - I'm not into celebrations). Worth every penny!Special Features:
- Upper West Side FavoriteChoiceDined on 9/19/2014La Mirabelle is our uptown favorite East or West. It has been our first choice for dinner for years for when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet/Comfortable/DeliciousJacquesVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is a perfect restaurant to choose when you want to act and be treated like an adult. The classic French food is carefully prepared and well-priced, the chairs are comfortable, the noise level enables conversation (at normal levels) and the service is professional, congenial and unhurried. We go there frequently and even our fanciest friends walk out pleasantly surprised at how wonderful their meal was.Special Features:
- A French Family Tradition . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014La Mirabelle is a neighborhood gem on the Upper West Side. A family owned and run business with a friendly welcome, efficient and consistent service and great French food! While catering to an older crowd with early reservations, La Mirabelle should be a "go to" place for a younger audience looking for a quiet spot to have a conversation and an excellent meal with well priced wines and a generous pour. A perfect spot for "parties" with large round tables and balcony seating . . not to mention a singing waitress who makes the event even more special with her rendition of Happy Birthday!! La Mirabelle should be on everyone's dinner list and is deserving of it's regular clientele and great reputation.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014This is a oldie but a goodie in the neighborhood. The food is good and some good French classic dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/27/2014always reliably good and pleasant and fairly quietSpecial Features:
- Real French On the UWSFood4ThoughtDined on 8/20/2014I've walked by this resturant for years and I finally had dinner - what a find! It's been around for 25+ years and now I know why. The resturant was full on a Thursday night in late August which says a lot. A lovely dining experience - warm inviting atmosphere. Not stuffy at all. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Neighborhood fixture for many years (previously at 86th and 9th ave)--fabulous classic French food, impeccable service. Not budget, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this restaurantdaisyMaude45Dined on 8/2/2014Quaint restaurant, ok food, but was so noisy, impossible to talk without yelling. Frustrating. Could hardly wait to get outside on the street, which seemed quiet compared to the restaurant.
- The following 372 reviews are from the La Mirabelle reviews archive.
- Fast frenchLisaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Went for a quick dinner with friends- it was perfect for that. Nothing fancy, but good, standard bistro food. Service was just fine and the atmosphere was satisfactory.Special Features:
- Comme-ci comme-caCulinaciousDined on 7/25/2014Though packed at 9 PM on a Friday, noise level is very comfortable. Decor is dominated by large, colorful though amateurish paintings of cottages with flower gardens. Food was mediocre for me, better for my companion who ordered a steak. My chicken liver saute appetizer was over cooked in too much oil. Monkfish was properly cooked in undistinguished sauce. Great baguettes, friendly service.Special Features:
- An old fashioned French spotNYDinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Solid French food in an old-style neighborhood setting.
- Like familyNicolaDined on 7/19/2014I have been going to La Mirabelle for years. From the first moment I stepped into the restaurant, the fantastic staff treated me like family. The food is great and it is a wonderful place to go to for special occasions, or just to have a great dinner out. It is one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Ancien Regime Wins AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Where else would one go on Bastile Day! Two rousing rounds of the Marseillese (spelling??) one of America the Beautiful. Went early stayed late for the scene and a good bottle of wine at a reasonable price. A place to indulge - order oysters and ris de veau. Or rognons if one perfers. Non-internal organs available. Served elegantly, Very Bistro de Paris.Special Features: