La Mer at Halekulani
2199 Kalia Road
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
La Mer at Halekulani
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.halekulani.com/dining/la_mer/
- Phone: 8089232311
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Alexandre Trancher
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Salon La Mer comfortably seats up to 16 guests and offers a tranquil private lanai for that pre dinner cocktail.
Salon du Vin entertains up to 22 guests and may open up to an elegantly appointed living room to indulge in a La Mer specialty cocktail
- Private Party Contact: Dining Reservations 8089232311
A word from La Mer at Halekulani
La Mer is far more than a restaurant, it’s a degustation destination. Celebrated as Halekulani’s finest and Hawaii's longest, consecutively ranked AAA Five Diamond Restaurant, this consummate dining experience is unmatched. The internationally acclaimed menu features Neoclassic French cuisine expertly crafted and served amid majestic and romantic ocean views of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head. Indigenous ingredients are uniquely blended in masterful dishes inspired by flavors from the south of France to produce an unsurpassed dining experience. An award-winning wine list is available to complement the perfect dining experience. Jacket or long sleeve dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes are required for men. As an elegant fine dining restaurant, La Mer restricts patrons to adults and children 8 years or older.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Mer at Halekulani - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
La Mer at Halekulani reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (66)romantic (65)scenic view (64)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Heavenly!CamafaVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been dining here for several decades, & we are always awed...gorgeous setting, magnificent food, incredibly wonderful staff, & we bring friends & relatives who share our feelings about this marvelous gem! We have seen many changes over the years, but the fabulousness has never changed! Thank you for always making our dining experiences--& our special occasions--breathtakingly wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightKarlaDined on 10/18/2014Thank you so much for great service and amazing food. We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday and the food was just incredible. Although hurricane Ana was in full effect, it didn't stop us from a wonderful evening out celebrating. A special thanks to Laurence for taking excellent care of us. We truly appreciated the entire experience and Laurence made it even more special. We're definately coming back one day!Special Features:
- my favorite restaurantYUKKYDined on 10/16/2014This time is the 4th time visit. I celebrated My mother's BD @La mer. Food，atmosphere ,view ,sound of waves...all is special for me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place to eat with spouse.Dinner4twoDined on 10/10/2014This was the best dining experience my wife and I have had. Worth the $$$$. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!FEYEDined on 10/9/2014Only reason we did not give it an overall rating of 5 stars was because we made a reservation over one month in advance asking for an ocean front table. We were told they would accommodate our request . When we arrived two nights ago for our 8 pm reservation there was no ocean front table . When asked the manager, we were told they could not hold a table for 2 hours since they opened at 6 pm and they had a lot of requests for ocean front. We thought that was one of the reason for a reservation especially if the restaurant is not full and we made a reservation over a month ago. Eventually they moved us half way through our dinner . The food and the service were beyond amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere and Excellence.OutoftownfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Excellent staff, menu, and wine list. You cannot go wrong. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best meals ever eatenscarbrtjVIPDined on 9/28/2014The service is incredibly pro, you definitely get a sense that every server and staff person has made this their career. The food (tasting menu) was outrageously great. Views are stellar with open windows.Special Features:
- Five Star DiningGourmetDined on 9/28/2014The quiet elegance of dining in a well deserved five star restaurant with attentive service and unique cuisine. An excellent venue for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible bar and service.SFfoodieDined on 9/26/2014What the food lacked ( only a bit) service more than compensated. I was disappointed about not sitting at the open windows but they moved us for dessert. Expensive and I only had a cocktail but great for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulolusbuffalohaDined on 9/26/2014Love La Mer! The view, the food, the ambience is fantastic!Special Features:
- AmazingMomoDined on 9/26/2014La mer is best of restaurant in Waikiki. Delicious food,Nice view,wonderful atomophore,best service and so on. Can't forget nice time. I wanna go again.Special Features:
- The 56th birthday in HawaiiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014It is life and is the 56th birthday in Hawaii for the first time this time. The dinner in La Mer could be very wonderful, and could look at Waikiki Beach of the setting sun, and the comfortable wind could blow it, it could obtain delicious wine and a meal, and became very good recollections. Moreover, it is to Halekulani when visiting Hawaii. And I wish to enjoy the time with ひ in La Mer. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 3 star Michelin CuisinepvsddsmdDined on 9/13/2014Exceptional cuisine and service. Every course was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Mer is backSep2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed the last few times we dined at La Mer especially with the new chef and his changes to the menu. We were especially disappointed with the new blinis with the caviar dish. Also, the changes seemed to have affected the staff and service the last few times was lackluster and not what we were used to from them. We were hesitant about trying them again but took a chance and boy are we glad we did. The staff seems to have settled with the new chef and service is back to stellar. The old blinis and lovely brioche roll are still not back but the food is again memorable and the soufflé is still scrumptious. They also serve Krug by the glass and the view and breeze from the ocean sooth the soul while the food nurtures the body.Special Features:
- Great tradition continuesTeugisDined on 9/10/2014Another wonderful meal at the Halekulani's La Mer restaurant Food was wonderful and it was a lovely dilemma as to choice Wine selection broad and of service was everything you could expect - a fantastic way for us to celebrate an anniversarySpecial Features:
- Wedding AnniversarynothreeputtsDined on 9/9/2014Too bad there is no AC here. Very warm on kona wind days. We requested a balcony table, they moved us later. I loved the foie gras hot appetizer, it was poached in beef broth with a hint of shiso. My wife prefers traditional seared preparation. The boulliabase was extremely flavorful, rich seafood notes. Our beef dish was perfect. For dessert, the mouse is to die for, a perfect ending.Special Features:
- Amazing night!!!Talos92Dined on 9/6/2014I took my girlfriend here for a very special evening and I could not have been more impressed. I requested an ocean view and they gave it to me. The food was to die for though on the pricey side, to be expected at a restaurant such as this. There was not a single dish that they served us that was anything below excellent. The service was the best I have seen from any other restaurant. Very professional and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a very romantic evening to take that special someone to, I would very highly recommend this restaurant. One of the most fancy and best restaurants on Oahu! Go check it out!Special Features:
- Best in Honolulu!MarcVIPDined on 8/31/2014Elegant and traditional, we love this restaurant because it is just perfect. The food is delicious, the service spectacular and friendly, and the views amazing. No place better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBossVIPDined on 8/30/2014I saw the reviews on La Mer and I saw it received a 5 Star rating from Forbes and it lived up to the reviews. The service was the best service I have received from any restaurant. I had a small black thing in one of my ice cubes in my drink and our server got me a new drink immediately. He also provided us dessert wine and a free dessert for the small mistake. I would recommend La Mer to anyone and we enjoyed our 3 servers who made my girlfriend's birthday dinner amazing.Special Features:
- Hawaii50VIPDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding from start to finish. The tasting menu with wine pairings is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014From the food to the wine, to the service and the view, La Mer was a great experience. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff present wonderfully prepared dishes that have a unique combination of colors and textures.Special Features:
- anniversary couples & touristPocoDined on 8/23/2014Noticed most of the crowd were either older couples celebrating anniversaries or younger Japanese tourists. I will definitely be back for our 21st anniversary.Special Features:
- One of the best everOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014Superb food-superb service-lovely wines-expensive but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceLucLVIPDined on 8/12/2014Outstanding and very fine cuisine. Superb and discrete service. Great evening. Costly but no regretSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed dinnerYukiDined on 8/10/2014All foods are so delicious! Service is so nice! We enjoyed dinner, looking a beautiful view and listening Hawaiian music. When we go to Hawaii, would like to visit La Mer again. Thank you very much for giving us fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visiting from Kailua konaKonajimDined on 8/9/2014Loved our waiter, the detailed attention, the food, everything. My only suggestion a broader menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was absolutely perfect!pineappleDined on 8/5/2014We finally got the chance to dine at La Mer. Everything was perfect! The food, the service, and ambience! Service was very friendly, and the servers knew their food and wines. We went at 7:30, so we were able to enjoy the sunset a little, but next time, we will go at 7, and enjoy the beautiful ocean view for awhile longer. I cannot wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new FAVORITE RESTAURANT ANYWHERESilkyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely wonderful! Superbly attentive service. Delicious food. Beautiful ambiance. Not cheap, but worth the the splurge! Leave the kids with Grandma, and enjoy an adults-only date night. My wife & I loved loved loved it!! Can't say enough! We wholeheartedly recommend La Mer! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much improved..jackVIPDined on 8/2/2014After one year later since last visit... their food became less impressive, especially the main course -- meat. Their meat (beef, pork) was just ordinary... cannot find anything impressive.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014We are staying at this beautiful hotel and decided on this restaurant for a July birthday celebration for my mother and I. It was great The food, service, table our view....We chose four course option and we did not leave hungry! The duck was perfect , really everything was...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymosDined on 7/27/2014Way way way too expensive USD195.00 p.p. PLUS Wine Pairing USD$95.00 p.p.... We left hungry and went to get a Burger on the way home. I had been booked for months and was really dissappointed with the lack of food. We will never returnSpecial Features:
- Lovely Romantic MealScottDined on 7/26/2014We had just gotten married on the beach earlier in the evening. We got the perfect seat, overlooking the ocean, and both went for the set menu. It was lovely, not too filling, and most everything was a delectable tasting combination of interesting flavors and beautifully plated choices. We had a few drinks and the evening was marvelous.Special Features:
- Jim65Dined on 7/24/2014Outstanding menu selections. Superb wine choices. Gracious and attentive service. One of a kind restaurant , well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your money!jhustonDined on 7/23/2014Our bill for the two of us was over $300 and our whole meal, including the dessert, was terrible.Special Features:
- JmacDined on 7/17/2014Excellent everything; truly, a lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect food and atmospherepoodlestarDined on 7/3/2014Every food had agreeable complexities. Their hospitality multiplied an elegance of the beautiful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view & yummy foodBeautifulviewDined on 7/2/2014A truly top-notch place that should not be missed if you enjoy the finer things in life. Spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Mer - one of a kind experienceswnsl808Dined on 7/2/2014Great food. Great restaurant. Super service. Special views. Made us feel like very special guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love it!JapaneseLOCODined on 7/2/2014I resarved 2weeks ago. My friend told me La mer! We ordered 3 courses dinner, It was good choise for us, because we ware really full! and then we saw big rainbow!! They have a nice hospitality‼︎Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gay wedding dinner celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014After 20 years together, my partner and I decided to celebrate our wedding in Hawaii after same-sex marriages became legal. It was going to be a low key affair, so I decided just to book a restaurant near our hotel. I found several reviews of La Mer on-line. I wanted something elegant but I admit I was concerned that it might end up being a little 'stuffy'. I couldn't have been more wrong! We had a wonderful time. The food was outstanding, both in taste and in presentation! The staff were very welcoming of the four of us. If they had any 'issues' about celebrating a 'gay dinner wedding', they certainly hid it well. They seemed very genuine in their congratulations. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 500 reviews are from the La Mer at Halekulani reviews archive.