La Mer at Halekulani
2199 Kalia Road
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
La Mer at Halekulani
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.halekulani.com/dining/la_mer/
- Phone: (808) 923-2311
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Alexandre Trancher
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Salon La Mer comfortably seats up to 16 guests and offers a tranquil private lanai for that pre dinner cocktail.
Salon du Vin entertains up to 22 guests and may open up to an elegantly appointed living room to indulge in a La Mer specialty cocktail
- Private Party Contact: Dining Reservations 8089232311
A word from La Mer at Halekulani
La Mer is far more than a restaurant, it’s a degustation destination. Celebrated as Halekulani’s finest and Hawaii's longest, consecutively ranked AAA Five Diamond Restaurant, this consummate dining experience is unmatched. The internationally acclaimed menu features Neoclassic French cuisine expertly crafted and served amid majestic and romantic ocean views of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head. Indigenous ingredients are uniquely blended in masterful dishes inspired by flavors from the south of France to produce an unsurpassed dining experience. An award-winning wine list is available to complement the perfect dining experience. Jacket or long sleeve dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes are required for men. As an elegant fine dining restaurant, La Mer restricts patrons to adults and children 8 years or older.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Mer at Halekulani - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
La Mer at Halekulani reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (66)romantic (65)scenic view (63)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (42)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014A truly memorable meal for my very special birthday, superb food, excellent service, a beautiful restaurant in a gorgeous location - very expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Mer is world classOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/21/2014The level of professionalism was exceptional, and together with outstanding dishes, and a reasonably priced wine list, this experience is more than a cut above every other of the "best" we tried in Honolulu and Kauai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawaiian AnniversaryTheSmithsDined on 11/19/2014My wife and I chose 'La Mer' to celebrate our wedding anniversary whilst on holiday on Oahu. What a great choice this was, we had such a great meal, overlooking the ocean, and the floor show. Would reccomend 'La Mer' without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Mer, WaikikimikelflyDined on 11/18/2014Excellent evening with attentive but non-intrusive service. Food was superb. An expensive night out in a very romantic setting. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice memories in first Honolulu stay with my wife.meltyandmeltylove28thyearDined on 11/18/2014I am Japanese can not speak English fluently, but the staff gave me a very kind answering to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/17/2014Beautiful setting with incredible views. Prix fixe menu options with ability to make some substitutions. Staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. Excellent wine list choices. Sommelier on site. One of the best meal experiences I have had. And.....they have chairs (stools) for your purse. If you want a truly special experience and price is no consideration then this is the place. We did the 3 course tasting and it was 180.00 each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here was lackluster not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014I was very disappointed with the food. It was very bland and the portions were quite small. Moreover, I didn't eat my first course (foie gras with beef...) and my server noticed. He gladly replaced it with another. The service is excellent, but the food overall is disappointing. I had the three course and am so glad I didn't opt for the menu degustation.Special Features:
- Great Evening!MattDined on 11/8/2014Our experience with La Mer at the Halekulani Hotel was excellent. The food was elegantly plate and delicious and the service was professional but warm and very welcoming. The whole experience was outstanding and the staff made it an exceptional evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbAusBKDined on 11/7/2014Exceptional food and great service. Kevin the knowledgeable and friendly sommelier recommended some great wines which matched our food perfectly. All that along with a beautiful view of the bay. We had an excellent night, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchKTdiningDined on 11/7/2014Absolutely amazing food quality and presentation. A very romantic spot that has a beautiful water view. Service was incredibly friendly and made the experience special and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good19860810Dined on 11/5/2014all dishes were very good and beautiful. the table that we seated of location were so good because we were able to watch the Waikiki beach. we will go to this restaurant when we go to Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edithEdithVIPDined on 11/5/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place, romantic and simply amazing for our 30th wedding anniversary celebration. We had the four course meal – delicious, presentation was excellent. The staff are all very professional, friendly, welcoming and efficient especially Lawrence. We had a really nice table, facing the courtyard which allowed us to have a great view of the talented group that was serenading the crowd below in addition to watch the former Ms. Hawaii dance the hula. I definitely would return to try more dishes. TService was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- La Mer: the Ultimate in Fine CusineCarlDined on 11/4/2014The finest eating establishment in Waikiki. The bar of excellence, on all levels, can not missed. Incredible food creations by master chef, service, wine list, and quiet setting to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special occasion...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014La Mer proves to hit it out of the ball park, this place was exceptional. Service and staff incredible.Special Features:
- Great food for a unforgettable view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I visited La Mer during our vacation in Oahu. This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. It is on the pricey side but worth every penny. The service and food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly!CamafaVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been dining here for several decades, & we are always awed...gorgeous setting, magnificent food, incredibly wonderful staff, & we bring friends & relatives who share our feelings about this marvelous gem! We have seen many changes over the years, but the fabulousness has never changed! Thank you for always making our dining experiences--& our special occasions--breathtakingly wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightKarlaDined on 10/18/2014Thank you so much for great service and amazing food. We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday and the food was just incredible. Although hurricane Ana was in full effect, it didn't stop us from a wonderful evening out celebrating. A special thanks to Laurence for taking excellent care of us. We truly appreciated the entire experience and Laurence made it even more special. We're definately coming back one day!Special Features:
- my favorite restaurantYUKKYDined on 10/16/2014This time is the 4th time visit. I celebrated My mother's BD @La mer. Food，atmosphere ,view ,sound of waves...all is special for me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place to eat with spouse.Dinner4twoDined on 10/10/2014This was the best dining experience my wife and I have had. Worth the $$$$. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!FEYEDined on 10/9/2014Only reason we did not give it an overall rating of 5 stars was because we made a reservation over one month in advance asking for an ocean front table. We were told they would accommodate our request . When we arrived two nights ago for our 8 pm reservation there was no ocean front table . When asked the manager, we were told they could not hold a table for 2 hours since they opened at 6 pm and they had a lot of requests for ocean front. We thought that was one of the reason for a reservation especially if the restaurant is not full and we made a reservation over a month ago. Eventually they moved us half way through our dinner . The food and the service were beyond amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere and Excellence.OutoftownfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Excellent staff, menu, and wine list. You cannot go wrong. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best meals ever eatenscarbrtjVIPDined on 9/28/2014The service is incredibly pro, you definitely get a sense that every server and staff person has made this their career. The food (tasting menu) was outrageously great. Views are stellar with open windows.Special Features:
- Five Star DiningGourmetDined on 9/28/2014The quiet elegance of dining in a well deserved five star restaurant with attentive service and unique cuisine. An excellent venue for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible bar and service.SFfoodieDined on 9/26/2014What the food lacked ( only a bit) service more than compensated. I was disappointed about not sitting at the open windows but they moved us for dessert. Expensive and I only had a cocktail but great for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulolusbuffalohaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Love La Mer! The view, the food, the ambience is fantastic!Special Features:
- AmazingMomoDined on 9/26/2014La mer is best of restaurant in Waikiki. Delicious food,Nice view,wonderful atomophore,best service and so on. Can't forget nice time. I wanna go again.Special Features:
- The 56th birthday in HawaiiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014It is life and is the 56th birthday in Hawaii for the first time this time. The dinner in La Mer could be very wonderful, and could look at Waikiki Beach of the setting sun, and the comfortable wind could blow it, it could obtain delicious wine and a meal, and became very good recollections. Moreover, it is to Halekulani when visiting Hawaii. And I wish to enjoy the time with ひ in La Mer. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 3 star Michelin CuisinepvsddsmdDined on 9/13/2014Exceptional cuisine and service. Every course was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Mer is backSep2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed the last few times we dined at La Mer especially with the new chef and his changes to the menu. We were especially disappointed with the new blinis with the caviar dish. Also, the changes seemed to have affected the staff and service the last few times was lackluster and not what we were used to from them. We were hesitant about trying them again but took a chance and boy are we glad we did. The staff seems to have settled with the new chef and service is back to stellar. The old blinis and lovely brioche roll are still not back but the food is again memorable and the soufflé is still scrumptious. They also serve Krug by the glass and the view and breeze from the ocean sooth the soul while the food nurtures the body.Special Features:
- Great tradition continuesTeugisDined on 9/10/2014Another wonderful meal at the Halekulani's La Mer restaurant Food was wonderful and it was a lovely dilemma as to choice Wine selection broad and of service was everything you could expect - a fantastic way for us to celebrate an anniversarySpecial Features:
- Wedding AnniversarynothreeputtsDined on 9/9/2014Too bad there is no AC here. Very warm on kona wind days. We requested a balcony table, they moved us later. I loved the foie gras hot appetizer, it was poached in beef broth with a hint of shiso. My wife prefers traditional seared preparation. The boulliabase was extremely flavorful, rich seafood notes. Our beef dish was perfect. For dessert, the mouse is to die for, a perfect ending.Special Features:
- Amazing night!!!Talos92Dined on 9/6/2014I took my girlfriend here for a very special evening and I could not have been more impressed. I requested an ocean view and they gave it to me. The food was to die for though on the pricey side, to be expected at a restaurant such as this. There was not a single dish that they served us that was anything below excellent. The service was the best I have seen from any other restaurant. Very professional and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a very romantic evening to take that special someone to, I would very highly recommend this restaurant. One of the most fancy and best restaurants on Oahu! Go check it out!Special Features:
- Best in Honolulu!MarcVIPDined on 8/31/2014Elegant and traditional, we love this restaurant because it is just perfect. The food is delicious, the service spectacular and friendly, and the views amazing. No place better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBossVIPDined on 8/30/2014I saw the reviews on La Mer and I saw it received a 5 Star rating from Forbes and it lived up to the reviews. The service was the best service I have received from any restaurant. I had a small black thing in one of my ice cubes in my drink and our server got me a new drink immediately. He also provided us dessert wine and a free dessert for the small mistake. I would recommend La Mer to anyone and we enjoyed our 3 servers who made my girlfriend's birthday dinner amazing.Special Features:
- Hawaii50VIPDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding from start to finish. The tasting menu with wine pairings is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014From the food to the wine, to the service and the view, La Mer was a great experience. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff present wonderfully prepared dishes that have a unique combination of colors and textures.Special Features:
- anniversary couples & touristPocoDined on 8/23/2014Noticed most of the crowd were either older couples celebrating anniversaries or younger Japanese tourists. I will definitely be back for our 21st anniversary.Special Features:
- One of the best everOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014Superb food-superb service-lovely wines-expensive but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceLucLVIPDined on 8/12/2014Outstanding and very fine cuisine. Superb and discrete service. Great evening. Costly but no regretSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed dinnerYukiDined on 8/10/2014All foods are so delicious! Service is so nice! We enjoyed dinner, looking a beautiful view and listening Hawaiian music. When we go to Hawaii, would like to visit La Mer again. Thank you very much for giving us fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.