La Masseria RI
223 Main Street
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Masseria RI
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamasseriari.com/
- Phone: 4013980693
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Coladonato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Minopoli 4013980693
A word from La Masseria RI
La Masseria Restaurant is inspired from ancient fortified farmhouses that in the Puglia Region of Italy are called “Masseria”. Executive Chef/Co-Owner, Pino Coladonato, grew up on a Farm in Puglia. He was forced to eat whatever was available but soon was tired of bean puree and decided to take matters into his own hands, creating new ways to use the same few ingredients. Now, with limitless ingredients to choose from, fava beans, chickpeas and lentils are still a core element in many of his entrees. Interior Designer Libby Langdon has created a warm, inviting dining atmosphere. Rustic and relaxed, with plenty of old world charm. Oversized iron sconces custom made from antique wrought iron gates punctuate the walls, and artful displays of antique farm tools mixed with various authentic Italian photographs all add to the farmhouse appeal. The wine list encompasses all regions of Italy with few of the best American and the rest of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Masseria RI - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
La Masseria RI reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (49)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (40)notable wine list (27)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- 40th Birthday Dinner celebrationHealthyeater2Dined on 10/17/2014Celebrated my 40th b day w/ 3 other girls & our husbands. It was amazing! Service is top notch from the minute I got out of my car at the valet till we left! Our waiter Joe was fabulous & really made the whole night memorable, I wasn't sure what to drink & neither was my husband..He picked out the perfect drinks for us! It is a high end restaurant so plan on spending $$$ but well worth the special occasion we were celebrating . We will definitely be returning! Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Rosemarie PalumborosemarieDined on 10/11/2014We have been to La Masseria many times and it still remains one of our favorite restaurants. I like the ambience, the food and the waiter was engaging. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love La Masseria!RhodyGirlVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is by far our favorite restaurant in RI. Who needs Federal Hill with such authentic and delicious Italian food right in the heart of East Greenwich? I would definitely recommend it and have taken guests here as well.Special Features:
- Excelelnt dinner al frescomjm814VIPDined on 9/27/2014The service and food were excellent. This is good Italian food not Italian American foodSpecial Features:
- great food but too noisyhappyvisitorDined on 9/27/2014This is our second time at this restaurant, which I consider to be the finest dining in E.G.(which has a plethora of restaurants). I have found the food to be outstanding, but both times where we were seated, it was so noisy, it was hard to speak with others at the table. To be fair, we were seated at a table not far from the bar, near a high volume table....so don't know if there are quieter parts of the restaurant. I ordered these heavenly fresh made raviolis with an egg inside. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014For the price the food was mid-range, the atmosphere too noisy and our wait staff so busy they were unattentive. Would not recommend nor return. The value was not there...it is over priced. If 30% less cost then it would have reasonable value. Disappointing as I brought my 94yo dad for enjoyable evening and it fell short.
- First VisitMariatiniVIPDined on 9/20/2014What a wonderful evening we had at La Masseria! Atmosphere in the bar and restaurant is lovely. Had appetizers of Stuffed Mozzarella and a ravioli special which was stuffed with ricotta, spinach, and a raw egg yolk - fantastic! Entrees were Rack of Veal (a large, perfectly cooked veal rib), pasta with broccoli rabe, and branzino which was fileted before it came out. Wine list is really nice - many interesting wines to choose from! Desserts were a fabulous Ricotta Cheesecake (so light and silky - it had the consistency of very firm custard or greek yogurt), a tartuffo, and flan. Can't say enough about the wonderful service and menu. We will be back. Highly recommended! I wish Open Table points were earned for visits here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDined on 9/19/2014It was a wonderful night. Excellent food, service and atmosphere! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueduxDined on 9/6/2014Great food and the best wait staff. Our reservations were ready for us and they didn't rush us at all. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014we were a part of 3. It was incredibly noisy, so much so everyone was yelling to be heard. even the waiter had to yell the specials. Headlights were piercing through the windows, blinding diners. the food was very disappointing. we'll never go back.
- OutstandingRhodylannDined on 8/23/2014Had a birthday dinner here last Saturday night. Everything was outstanding. Excellent food cooked to perfection, flawless service, a lively crowd, great view of historic downtown East Greenwich from our second-floor window table. Prices are a tad on the high side, but typical for fine dining, and we do not mind paying for such an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I eat at this restaurant often and am never disappointed. The food is always top notch and the service outstanding. I recommend the restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent regional Italian menùAccademico1Dined on 8/22/2014The food is outstanding featuring southern Italian specialties. A very good wine list and attentive service in a charming in town location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placeRoquesVIPDined on 8/19/2014My date and I sat outside and except for some traffic noise every now and again it was very peaceful. The wait staff was very knowledgable and attentive. The service was excellent and the food was well prepared and tasty. My date had the Chilean sea bass special and I had the salmon. Both dishes were excellent. We finished it off with the flourless chocolate cake which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014La Masseria is consistently wonderful -fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRIDinerDined on 8/7/2014This was a return visit for me. La Masseria is a go-to place for a great dinning experience in RI. The food is outstanding, very good wine list, excellent service. A must have is the ricotta cheese cake for dessert, one of my all-time favorites. Only downside is on a busy night the upstairs can be loud if there are large parties.Special Features:
- Obvious culinary skillsRhodylannDined on 8/7/2014While I had steered clear of this restaurant in the past hearing that it is pricey, I took a chance on lunch with friends twice lately, and was very pleased indeed. Most recently, we shared an order of tantalizing-sounding squash blossoms to begin. These were stuffed with ricotta, sauteed until golden, and served with a side of fresh tomato sauce. Outstanding. My friend adores carpaccio of beef and says it is difficult to find. Her appetizer arrived perfectly prepared, with slices of beef nearly transparent, served with arugala, parmesan slices, and hearts of palm. My "polpette" was two enormous meatballs in a delicious light red sauce. Our bill for all this and iced tea came to a mere forty dollars. Money well spent, we agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodbobbieVIPDined on 8/5/2014for excellent, italian food, that is not heavy on the starches check this out... wonderful food -- the stripy bass was delectable and the ricotta/vanilla cheesecake to die for !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDined on 8/2/2014Great experience at La Masseria last Saturday. The service was exceptional and the food great. Waitstaff extremely attentive and all food severed hot and perfectly cooked. We had the veal chop, the chicken pinwheels and a lobster special, all amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014waiter very good, he had been promoted from bus boy, atmosphere very good, noisy on first floor with bar, ate on second where noise was a bit less but had a noisy table around the corner :-(, some food too expensive, lots of specials, portions ok, food just ok, found it to be differently prepared than what we have had in the pastSpecial Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good, the service was good, we had a very positive experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We dined with out of town guest at La Massieria twice last week. Each occasion was delightful. There were five in our party and we were seated in the upstairs dining room. The space was relaxed and comfortable. Due to the size of our party we were able to choose a variety of menu items, all of which were excellent. It is worth noting that the Branzino, Fish and Shellfish Stew, Lemon Sole and the Risotto with crab meat were to die for. Our waiter was outstanding. He was knowledgeable, patient with indecisive attentive guest, and made excellent wine recommendations. As for the desserts, I have not been able to progress past the Ricotta Cheesecake. La Masseria is an excellent dining establishment and I enthusiastically recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and ServiceMozziVIPDined on 7/24/2014La Masseria has brought Italy to East Greenwich RI is the best way possible. The food, service and experience in the restaurant is amazing. I have visited the restaurant many times and I am always amazed how they continue to bring new dishes right from Italy on a regular basis. The Buratta cheese is my families favorite starter dish and they will make you anything you don't see on the menu.....again, just like being in Italy! The owners and managers take an big interest in your meal and always make sure you are satisfied. Bravo La Masseria!Special Features:
- 10 stars!PinheadVIPDined on 7/23/2014We dined at the NYC location because a friend who is a food writer recommended it. We happened to be in the area of its sister restaurant in RI--and would not miss an opportunity to dine again at such a stellar restaurant--food and service is top-notch. You will feel truly special here and everything on the menu is sure to please the palate. La Masseria does every course to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJamieDined on 7/19/2014Food and service are wonderful! Very noisy downstairs; up stairs is much quieter and more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent and presented well. Town is quaint and nice.....Free parking is a great advantage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday ItalianTuffcriticDined on 7/5/2014Go with the specials of the day and what your waiter recommends. 2 out of 3 in our party did and were really happy. My linguini with clams was nice but too few and too small clams. Cockles really, not clams. Dessert and house wines by glass even exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014We always have an excellent meal at La Masseria. Sandi was our waiter on this occassion and he was phenomenal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014The food was very good.We had Chilean sea bass and fresh pasta. It was very noisy. The waiter was shouting the specials and we still couldn't hear him. He said that it would only get noisier. I think the acoustics in the room added to the noise level. It is not a place to go if you want to talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2014Another great experience. Food was excellent, both menu items and evening features. All the little details are well addressed with both the food and the service.Special Features:
- Not all it's cracked up to beBevSRIDined on 6/28/2014Although I had lunch at this restaurant in December of 2013 and thought the food was amazing, this time around I didn't think it to be a 5 star review-worthy restaurant. I had pasta with Grandma's Sunday Sauce - it was fine, but not as awesome as the sauce I had on my pasta the first time I dined there. My husband ordered the veal chop on the menu -- but it was not really a chop - more like three sections of veal separated by connective tissue and all attached to a bone. It tasted fine but was a very odd cut of meat. Therefore my husband wasn't happy with the veal for that reason - not knowing what three sections of the calf the meat came from) The desserts were both good, the portions were not large; not small just quite expensive.Special Features:
- First Timers!!restaurants4funDined on 6/28/2014First seated at a table we didn't like.Second table was better. Waiter was friendly but not top notch. I ordered salad but didn't like the dressing it came with when I asked for alternatives was told oil and vinegar was all! As a result the salad was very mediocre. Also portions are very small.I generally like small portions but could have eaten more.My husband asked for the waiter to check back to see if he wanted more pepper and cheese and they never followed through. Coffee was luke warm dessert was good. All in all with all the good restaurants around I wouldn't return here.Special Features:
- Memorable!bzgirlDined on 6/28/2014OUTSTANDING...food delicious the wait staff attentive and kind...and just a very memorable evening to commemorate our Mother's 89th birthday!!! GrazieSpecial Features:
- The following 396 reviews are from the La Masseria RI reviews archive.
- Must try!marlenalin5Dined on 6/14/2014Unbelievable Italian food. Hard to pick just one item. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/8/2014Never disappoints; another great evening! Food was outstanding, including features, off the menu, and special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceJamieDined on 5/25/2014The ambiance was perfect - we sat upstairs which was notably more quiet as downstairs was fairly loud. The hostess graciously accepted our request to change tables to a quieter area. Our waiter (Israel) was attentive, personable, and knowledgable. His descriptive explanations of the menu were very much appreciated. My husband and I started off with an eggplant appetizer special and both had veal dishes for dinner. Everything was perfect and substitutes were made without hesitation per our request. The highlight of our meal was the dessert - the ricotta cheesecake was phenomenal. We'll be back again and recommend this restaurant to others that are looking for a night of superb service and wonderfully fresh, authentic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We were given a gift card by one of our kids and used it on our anniversary. Truly a special occasion place. We will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Italian foodchipmunkDined on 5/17/2014Great place for a special occasion. Great pasta with nice choice of specials and large wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it would be betterItalyfoodieDined on 5/16/2014The calamari was chewy. My chicken was dry My sisters pasta was not to her liking for taste so I switched dishes with her. My husbands ravioli was like mushy pillows Lastly, lentils in oil for the bread... Yuck.Special Features:
- As always superbLsfmvDined on 5/11/2014We had a delicious Mother's Day lunch here. My Mom is in a wheelchair and she was seated in a very comfortable location. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The food was second to none. As usual, the manager Andreas came by several times to be certain we were satisfied. The best place for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.