La Masseria RI
223 Main Street
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Masseria RI
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamasseriari.com/
- Phone: 4013980693
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Coladonato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Minopoli 4013980693
A word from La Masseria RI
La Masseria Restaurant is inspired from ancient fortified farmhouses that in the Puglia Region of Italy are called “Masseria”. Executive Chef/Co-Owner, Pino Coladonato, grew up on a Farm in Puglia. He was forced to eat whatever was available but soon was tired of bean puree and decided to take matters into his own hands, creating new ways to use the same few ingredients. Now, with limitless ingredients to choose from, fava beans, chickpeas and lentils are still a core element in many of his entrees. Interior Designer Libby Langdon has created a warm, inviting dining atmosphere. Rustic and relaxed, with plenty of old world charm. Oversized iron sconces custom made from antique wrought iron gates punctuate the walls, and artful displays of antique farm tools mixed with various authentic Italian photographs all add to the farmhouse appeal. The wine list encompasses all regions of Italy with few of the best American and the rest of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Masseria RI - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
La Masseria RI reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (38)notable wine list (25)hot spot (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great date placeRoquesVIPDined on 8/19/2014My date and I sat outside and except for some traffic noise every now and again it was very peaceful. The wait staff was very knowledgable and attentive. The service was excellent and the food was well prepared and tasty. My date had the Chilean sea bass special and I had the salmon. Both dishes were excellent. We finished it off with the flourless chocolate cake which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014La Masseria is consistently wonderful -fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRIDinerDined on 8/7/2014This was a return visit for me. La Masseria is a go-to place for a great dinning experience in RI. The food is outstanding, very good wine list, excellent service. A must have is the ricotta cheese cake for dessert, one of my all-time favorites. Only downside is on a busy night the upstairs can be loud if there are large parties.Special Features:
- Obvious culinary skillsRhodylannDined on 8/7/2014While I had steered clear of this restaurant in the past hearing that it is pricey, I took a chance on lunch with friends twice lately, and was very pleased indeed. Most recently, we shared an order of tantalizing-sounding squash blossoms to begin. These were stuffed with ricotta, sauteed until golden, and served with a side of fresh tomato sauce. Outstanding. My friend adores carpaccio of beef and says it is difficult to find. Her appetizer arrived perfectly prepared, with slices of beef nearly transparent, served with arugala, parmesan slices, and hearts of palm. My "polpette" was two enormous meatballs in a delicious light red sauce. Our bill for all this and iced tea came to a mere forty dollars. Money well spent, we agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodbobbieDined on 8/5/2014for excellent, italian food, that is not heavy on the starches check this out... wonderful food -- the stripy bass was delectable and the ricotta/vanilla cheesecake to die for !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDined on 8/2/2014Great experience at La Masseria last Saturday. The service was exceptional and the food great. Waitstaff extremely attentive and all food severed hot and perfectly cooked. We had the veal chop, the chicken pinwheels and a lobster special, all amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014waiter very good, he had been promoted from bus boy, atmosphere very good, noisy on first floor with bar, ate on second where noise was a bit less but had a noisy table around the corner :-(, some food too expensive, lots of specials, portions ok, food just ok, found it to be differently prepared than what we have had in the pastSpecial Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good, the service was good, we had a very positive experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We dined with out of town guest at La Massieria twice last week. Each occasion was delightful. There were five in our party and we were seated in the upstairs dining room. The space was relaxed and comfortable. Due to the size of our party we were able to choose a variety of menu items, all of which were excellent. It is worth noting that the Branzino, Fish and Shellfish Stew, Lemon Sole and the Risotto with crab meat were to die for. Our waiter was outstanding. He was knowledgeable, patient with indecisive attentive guest, and made excellent wine recommendations. As for the desserts, I have not been able to progress past the Ricotta Cheesecake. La Masseria is an excellent dining establishment and I enthusiastically recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and ServiceMozziVIPDined on 7/24/2014La Masseria has brought Italy to East Greenwich RI is the best way possible. The food, service and experience in the restaurant is amazing. I have visited the restaurant many times and I am always amazed how they continue to bring new dishes right from Italy on a regular basis. The Buratta cheese is my families favorite starter dish and they will make you anything you don't see on the menu.....again, just like being in Italy! The owners and managers take an big interest in your meal and always make sure you are satisfied. Bravo La Masseria!Special Features:
- 10 stars!PinheadVIPDined on 7/23/2014We dined at the NYC location because a friend who is a food writer recommended it. We happened to be in the area of its sister restaurant in RI--and would not miss an opportunity to dine again at such a stellar restaurant--food and service is top-notch. You will feel truly special here and everything on the menu is sure to please the palate. La Masseria does every course to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJamieDined on 7/19/2014Food and service are wonderful! Very noisy downstairs; up stairs is much quieter and more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent and presented well. Town is quaint and nice.....Free parking is a great advantage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday ItalianTuffcriticDined on 7/5/2014Go with the specials of the day and what your waiter recommends. 2 out of 3 in our party did and were really happy. My linguini with clams was nice but too few and too small clams. Cockles really, not clams. Dessert and house wines by glass even exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014We always have an excellent meal at La Masseria. Sandi was our waiter on this occassion and he was phenomenal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014The food was very good.We had Chilean sea bass and fresh pasta. It was very noisy. The waiter was shouting the specials and we still couldn't hear him. He said that it would only get noisier. I think the acoustics in the room added to the noise level. It is not a place to go if you want to talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2014Another great experience. Food was excellent, both menu items and evening features. All the little details are well addressed with both the food and the service.Special Features:
- Not all it's cracked up to beBevSRIDined on 6/28/2014Although I had lunch at this restaurant in December of 2013 and thought the food was amazing, this time around I didn't think it to be a 5 star review-worthy restaurant. I had pasta with Grandma's Sunday Sauce - it was fine, but not as awesome as the sauce I had on my pasta the first time I dined there. My husband ordered the veal chop on the menu -- but it was not really a chop - more like three sections of veal separated by connective tissue and all attached to a bone. It tasted fine but was a very odd cut of meat. Therefore my husband wasn't happy with the veal for that reason - not knowing what three sections of the calf the meat came from) The desserts were both good, the portions were not large; not small just quite expensive.Special Features:
- First Timers!!restaurants4funDined on 6/28/2014First seated at a table we didn't like.Second table was better. Waiter was friendly but not top notch. I ordered salad but didn't like the dressing it came with when I asked for alternatives was told oil and vinegar was all! As a result the salad was very mediocre. Also portions are very small.I generally like small portions but could have eaten more.My husband asked for the waiter to check back to see if he wanted more pepper and cheese and they never followed through. Coffee was luke warm dessert was good. All in all with all the good restaurants around I wouldn't return here.Special Features:
- Memorable!bzgirlDined on 6/28/2014OUTSTANDING...food delicious the wait staff attentive and kind...and just a very memorable evening to commemorate our Mother's 89th birthday!!! GrazieSpecial Features:
- Must try!marlenalin5Dined on 6/14/2014Unbelievable Italian food. Hard to pick just one item. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/8/2014Never disappoints; another great evening! Food was outstanding, including features, off the menu, and special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceJamieDined on 5/25/2014The ambiance was perfect - we sat upstairs which was notably more quiet as downstairs was fairly loud. The hostess graciously accepted our request to change tables to a quieter area. Our waiter (Israel) was attentive, personable, and knowledgable. His descriptive explanations of the menu were very much appreciated. My husband and I started off with an eggplant appetizer special and both had veal dishes for dinner. Everything was perfect and substitutes were made without hesitation per our request. The highlight of our meal was the dessert - the ricotta cheesecake was phenomenal. We'll be back again and recommend this restaurant to others that are looking for a night of superb service and wonderfully fresh, authentic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We were given a gift card by one of our kids and used it on our anniversary. Truly a special occasion place. We will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Italian foodchipmunkDined on 5/17/2014Great place for a special occasion. Great pasta with nice choice of specials and large wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it would be betterItalyfoodieDined on 5/16/2014The calamari was chewy. My chicken was dry My sisters pasta was not to her liking for taste so I switched dishes with her. My husbands ravioli was like mushy pillows Lastly, lentils in oil for the bread... Yuck.Special Features:
- As always superbLsfmvDined on 5/11/2014We had a delicious Mother's Day lunch here. My Mom is in a wheelchair and she was seated in a very comfortable location. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The food was second to none. As usual, the manager Andreas came by several times to be certain we were satisfied. The best place for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeHappygurlDined on 5/7/2014Delicious dinner, once again! Service is amazing! Loved it and will definitely return;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/6/2014Waiter was very friendly, food was excellent. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Nona's CucinaSlowVIPDined on 4/24/2014Impeccable service. Amazing, authentic food. Warm, inviting with perfectly lighted! What a great restaurant. For an Italian, it's like stepping into Nona's Cucina! The food is fresh, authentic and prepared exactly as it should be. Simply put, it's delicious!!!! The staff is warm, friendly and attentive anticipating your every need. La Masseria is Rhode Island's BEST Italian Restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 386 reviews are from the La Masseria RI reviews archive.
- Saturday NightKBL1954VIPDined on 4/19/2014We had dinner reservations for 8pm on Saturday night. We arrived about 30 minutes early and had a drink at the bar. Small bar so we ended up standing. We were seated at our table right on time. Our waiter was very friendly and more importantly, knowledgeable about the specials and wines. He suggested a nice Pino Noir. Both entrees were outstanding and reasonably priced. All and all it was a pleasant experience and we certianly will be back.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodJMROSEDined on 4/19/2014We have been a few times and always very good food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and service -a fav!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/18/2014La Masseria was wonderful as usual -great food, service and environment. This is a restaurant with consistently good food, attentive friendly service and just the right balance of comfort and polish. A definite recommendation for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at La MasseriaDebbieDined on 4/16/2014La Masseria is a great Italian restaurant set in the quaint town of East Greenwich, RI. I had been to their NYC location and thought I'd try this one. It exceeded expectations - food, service and atmosphere are all well done. The staff is attentive which makes for a great, relaxing night out. I highly recommend this spot for any occasion where you want great food and hospitality!Special Features:
- PickydinerVIPDined on 4/13/2014Whenever our son comes home from college, he requests that we have a family dinner at La Masseria because the food is so delicious and the service is consistently excellent. He lives in New Orleans and has his pick of amazing restaurants, but La Masseria continues to be his first choice when he returns to RI. We are fortunate to have this fine restaurant in our neighborhood. One of the things I love most about dining at La Masseria is how we are greeted as good friends when we arrive. Jose and the other hosts seem genuinely happy to see us and go out of their way to make sure we have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- One of my favorite RI RestaurantsEdKalDined on 4/13/2014This was probably our 7th or 8th visit over the past few years. We might get there more often, except it is about 45 minutes from us and there are some other good restaurants in our rotation. This is very good and creative Italian food. Not just red sauce Italian that you can find many places. We were there for a Sunday lunch and it was not crowded. Service was fine, but maybe not quite as good as in the past. But no real complaints. On a par with Siena, and Pane E Vino, if you are familiar with those other good spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend the rabbit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2014Highly recommend the rabbit. It is one of my favorite dishes. I actually got one of the specials which was a fresh fettucine with a wild boar ragout which was outstanding. 3 diners at our table (out of 7) got the rabbit and cleaned their plates. Our waiter, Joe was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainMattVIPDined on 4/1/2014As usual we had a great experience. We had an appetizer, a pasta. and a whole fish entree. Everything prepared with wxcellence and great service.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!!!!!FredFoxxDined on 3/28/2014I've been here many times! Everything is always awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/23/2014Another excellent experience from start to finish. A more calm Sunday evening is a nice change.Special Features: