La Masseria RI
223 Main Street
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Masseria RI
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamasseriari.com/
- Phone: (401) 398-0693
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Coladonato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Minopoli 4013980693
A word from La Masseria RI
La Masseria Restaurant is inspired from ancient fortified farmhouses that in the Puglia Region of Italy are called “Masseria”. Executive Chef/Co-Owner, Pino Coladonato, grew up on a Farm in Puglia. He was forced to eat whatever was available but soon was tired of bean puree and decided to take matters into his own hands, creating new ways to use the same few ingredients. Now, with limitless ingredients to choose from, fava beans, chickpeas and lentils are still a core element in many of his entrees. Interior Designer Libby Langdon has created a warm, inviting dining atmosphere. Rustic and relaxed, with plenty of old world charm. Oversized iron sconces custom made from antique wrought iron gates punctuate the walls, and artful displays of antique farm tools mixed with various authentic Italian photographs all add to the farmhouse appeal. The wine list encompasses all regions of Italy with few of the best American and the rest of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Masseria RI - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
La Masseria RI reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (39)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)good for groups (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- tasty but pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014It was delicious! The gnocchi, fettuccine Alfredo and the Dover sole were fantastic! But the price tag was too high for the small portion sizes, especially at lunch time. I am not a glutinous 'American' but the 6 small pieces of vegetables with my $40 dish was laughable. That said, the food was very good and the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Masseria - Excellent Italian CuisineDLS1Dined on 11/22/2014The selection of standard menu options has something for everyone. Add the specials and La Masseria provides a rich selection of classic Italian american fare with authentic Italian cuisine. An example of one of their authentic options is the Snail salad. It was outstanding and the portion was very generous. While the food was good and the owner helpful. Our table was ready almost 45 minutes after our scheduled reservation. The restaurant sound level was a little loud . Our waiter was very proactive and his service was excellent. The bar was very active and had a good wine , beer and liquor selection. While I would recommend La Masseria, I was less then happy with wait having made reservations for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!!NotwonderfulVIPDined on 11/22/2014Had invited some out of town friends to meet us there. I have already apologized for the selection. I could go into specifics on each dish and how very mediocre at best they were but I won't. Also the manager on duty had to prep a table next to us and he banged the 4 leafs to make the table smaller excessively. We all looked at each other in amazement. Many better choices in the area.Special Features:
- NoneDined on 11/21/2014I have no interest in writing a review for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good; Not superlativeAlanDined on 11/8/2014Starting with the food... there were lots of specials from which to choose and a solid daily menu. I had a veal scallopine dish with mushrooms. Very tasty and the veal was relatively tender. My wife and son's girlfriend ordered a special ravioli with runny egg yolk and cheese filling and truffle oil. It was very rich and they enjoyed it but felt the truffle oil was a bit overpowering. Our son had a pasta with meatballs, sausage and short ribs. It was quite good and plenty of food for his small appetite. We shared a burata (sp?) app and salads which were both OK. Server was so-so; a little full of himself. Drinks and food were served promptly. Valet parking a plus! I think I'd try it again as the food was quite good; an OK value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!2boys910Dined on 11/2/2014Great way to end a day out with a nice dinner and good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food is worth paying forRhodylannDined on 11/1/2014As always, the prices at La Masseria are relatively steep, compared with neighboring restaurants. As always, the food and its preparation are top-notch!Special Features:
- Consistant EnticementDickieGDined on 10/29/2014La Masseria consistently delivers on their high level delivery of food, service and ambiance. There menu has a great selection for those who like their staples prepared with premium ingredients and a touch of flare and there is always a great selection on the specials menu for those looking for a culinary adventure. The waiters are attentive but not overbearing, the meals are created from quality ingredients with thoughtful care and the ambiance is simply a result of the respect that diners have for their work and the excitement created by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EccellenterettsgramDined on 10/25/2014Really enjoyed our evening Saturday at La Masseria. The menu was varied with many tempting items. our server was prompt, and delightful. All 6 of us loved our entrees, some of which were the daily specials. Of particular note was the house made ravioli with riccotta and a raw egg, which when cooked and cut into was perfectly poached! Amazing! Loved everything about the restaurant!Special Features:
- 40th Birthday Dinner celebrationHealthyeater2Dined on 10/17/2014Celebrated my 40th b day w/ 3 other girls & our husbands. It was amazing! Service is top notch from the minute I got out of my car at the valet till we left! Our waiter Joe was fabulous & really made the whole night memorable, I wasn't sure what to drink & neither was my husband..He picked out the perfect drinks for us! It is a high end restaurant so plan on spending $$$ but well worth the special occasion we were celebrating . We will definitely be returning! Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Rosemarie PalumborosemarieDined on 10/11/2014We have been to La Masseria many times and it still remains one of our favorite restaurants. I like the ambience, the food and the waiter was engaging. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love La Masseria!RhodyGirlVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is by far our favorite restaurant in RI. Who needs Federal Hill with such authentic and delicious Italian food right in the heart of East Greenwich? I would definitely recommend it and have taken guests here as well.Special Features:
- Excelelnt dinner al frescomjm814VIPDined on 9/27/2014The service and food were excellent. This is good Italian food not Italian American foodSpecial Features:
- great food but too noisyhappyvisitorDined on 9/27/2014This is our second time at this restaurant, which I consider to be the finest dining in E.G.(which has a plethora of restaurants). I have found the food to be outstanding, but both times where we were seated, it was so noisy, it was hard to speak with others at the table. To be fair, we were seated at a table not far from the bar, near a high volume table....so don't know if there are quieter parts of the restaurant. I ordered these heavenly fresh made raviolis with an egg inside. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014For the price the food was mid-range, the atmosphere too noisy and our wait staff so busy they were unattentive. Would not recommend nor return. The value was not there...it is over priced. If 30% less cost then it would have reasonable value. Disappointing as I brought my 94yo dad for enjoyable evening and it fell short.
- First VisitMariatiniVIPDined on 9/20/2014What a wonderful evening we had at La Masseria! Atmosphere in the bar and restaurant is lovely. Had appetizers of Stuffed Mozzarella and a ravioli special which was stuffed with ricotta, spinach, and a raw egg yolk - fantastic! Entrees were Rack of Veal (a large, perfectly cooked veal rib), pasta with broccoli rabe, and branzino which was fileted before it came out. Wine list is really nice - many interesting wines to choose from! Desserts were a fabulous Ricotta Cheesecake (so light and silky - it had the consistency of very firm custard or greek yogurt), a tartuffo, and flan. Can't say enough about the wonderful service and menu. We will be back. Highly recommended! I wish Open Table points were earned for visits here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDined on 9/19/2014It was a wonderful night. Excellent food, service and atmosphere! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueduxDined on 9/6/2014Great food and the best wait staff. Our reservations were ready for us and they didn't rush us at all. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had started eating there once we moved to the area. Last year we decided to start having our holiday and special occasion dinners at La Masseria also. When our children come for an out of town visit it is the one place they want to have dinner. It's wonderful food and service have made many family dinners very special for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014we were a part of 3. It was incredibly noisy, so much so everyone was yelling to be heard. even the waiter had to yell the specials. Headlights were piercing through the windows, blinding diners. the food was very disappointing. we'll never go back.
- OutstandingRhodylannDined on 8/23/2014Had a birthday dinner here last Saturday night. Everything was outstanding. Excellent food cooked to perfection, flawless service, a lively crowd, great view of historic downtown East Greenwich from our second-floor window table. Prices are a tad on the high side, but typical for fine dining, and we do not mind paying for such an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I eat at this restaurant often and am never disappointed. The food is always top notch and the service outstanding. I recommend the restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent regional Italian menùAccademico1Dined on 8/22/2014The food is outstanding featuring southern Italian specialties. A very good wine list and attentive service in a charming in town location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placeRoquesVIPDined on 8/19/2014My date and I sat outside and except for some traffic noise every now and again it was very peaceful. The wait staff was very knowledgable and attentive. The service was excellent and the food was well prepared and tasty. My date had the Chilean sea bass special and I had the salmon. Both dishes were excellent. We finished it off with the flourless chocolate cake which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014La Masseria is consistently wonderful -fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRIDinerDined on 8/7/2014This was a return visit for me. La Masseria is a go-to place for a great dinning experience in RI. The food is outstanding, very good wine list, excellent service. A must have is the ricotta cheese cake for dessert, one of my all-time favorites. Only downside is on a busy night the upstairs can be loud if there are large parties.Special Features:
- Obvious culinary skillsRhodylannDined on 8/7/2014While I had steered clear of this restaurant in the past hearing that it is pricey, I took a chance on lunch with friends twice lately, and was very pleased indeed. Most recently, we shared an order of tantalizing-sounding squash blossoms to begin. These were stuffed with ricotta, sauteed until golden, and served with a side of fresh tomato sauce. Outstanding. My friend adores carpaccio of beef and says it is difficult to find. Her appetizer arrived perfectly prepared, with slices of beef nearly transparent, served with arugala, parmesan slices, and hearts of palm. My "polpette" was two enormous meatballs in a delicious light red sauce. Our bill for all this and iced tea came to a mere forty dollars. Money well spent, we agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodbobbieVIPDined on 8/5/2014for excellent, italian food, that is not heavy on the starches check this out... wonderful food -- the stripy bass was delectable and the ricotta/vanilla cheesecake to die for !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDined on 8/2/2014Great experience at La Masseria last Saturday. The service was exceptional and the food great. Waitstaff extremely attentive and all food severed hot and perfectly cooked. We had the veal chop, the chicken pinwheels and a lobster special, all amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014waiter very good, he had been promoted from bus boy, atmosphere very good, noisy on first floor with bar, ate on second where noise was a bit less but had a noisy table around the corner :-(, some food too expensive, lots of specials, portions ok, food just ok, found it to be differently prepared than what we have had in the pastSpecial Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good, the service was good, we had a very positive experience.Special Features:
- The following 408 reviews are from the La Masseria RI reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We dined with out of town guest at La Massieria twice last week. Each occasion was delightful. There were five in our party and we were seated in the upstairs dining room. The space was relaxed and comfortable. Due to the size of our party we were able to choose a variety of menu items, all of which were excellent. It is worth noting that the Branzino, Fish and Shellfish Stew, Lemon Sole and the Risotto with crab meat were to die for. Our waiter was outstanding. He was knowledgeable, patient with indecisive attentive guest, and made excellent wine recommendations. As for the desserts, I have not been able to progress past the Ricotta Cheesecake. La Masseria is an excellent dining establishment and I enthusiastically recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and ServiceMozziVIPDined on 7/24/2014La Masseria has brought Italy to East Greenwich RI is the best way possible. The food, service and experience in the restaurant is amazing. I have visited the restaurant many times and I am always amazed how they continue to bring new dishes right from Italy on a regular basis. The Buratta cheese is my families favorite starter dish and they will make you anything you don't see on the menu.....again, just like being in Italy! The owners and managers take an big interest in your meal and always make sure you are satisfied. Bravo La Masseria!Special Features:
- 10 stars!PinheadVIPDined on 7/23/2014We dined at the NYC location because a friend who is a food writer recommended it. We happened to be in the area of its sister restaurant in RI--and would not miss an opportunity to dine again at such a stellar restaurant--food and service is top-notch. You will feel truly special here and everything on the menu is sure to please the palate. La Masseria does every course to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJamieDined on 7/19/2014Food and service are wonderful! Very noisy downstairs; up stairs is much quieter and more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent and presented well. Town is quaint and nice.....Free parking is a great advantage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday ItalianTuffcriticDined on 7/5/2014Go with the specials of the day and what your waiter recommends. 2 out of 3 in our party did and were really happy. My linguini with clams was nice but too few and too small clams. Cockles really, not clams. Dessert and house wines by glass even exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014We always have an excellent meal at La Masseria. Sandi was our waiter on this occassion and he was phenomenal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014The food was very good.We had Chilean sea bass and fresh pasta. It was very noisy. The waiter was shouting the specials and we still couldn't hear him. He said that it would only get noisier. I think the acoustics in the room added to the noise level. It is not a place to go if you want to talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2014Another great experience. Food was excellent, both menu items and evening features. All the little details are well addressed with both the food and the service.Special Features: