150 W San Juan
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamarmotte.com/
- Phone: 9707286232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: - Service starting at 6pm, Closed Wednesdays until December 13, 2007
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Reggiannini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is also available, seating parties up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mairen Reagan 9707286232
- Special Events: Serving Thanksgiving Dinner 2pm -7pm. Special New Years Eve 2008 Menu and Seatings
A word from La Marmotte
Mark Reggiannini is a former sous chef for Jean Georges Vonrichten, and has a philosophy regarding food - simplicity. His rustic bistro cooking focuses on the use of local fine ingredients, prepared using French techniques. Private dining room and buyout options available. La Marmotte menu changes nightly depending on what is in season and fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Marmotte - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
La Marmotte reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (25)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014La Marmotte has been a Telluride "gem" for decades. We have been going for the 20 years we've had a vacation home here. The menu always changes and so going back many times during a season keeps us going back and back. Staff is always attentive and informed.Special Features:
- Sadly, a bad experienceDaveDined on 8/14/2014Although the food was quite good, the tremendously long (45 minutes) wait for entrees was completely unacceptable especially on a slow night. Staff was not attentive considering the delays. What could otherwise have been a terrific evening was ruined by lousy service.
- Wonderful DinnerFoodee1Dined on 8/5/2014We had a great dinner that was wonderful for the entire family from my 9 yr old daughter to my 81 yr old dad. Everything we had on the menu was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with change in menufoodieDined on 7/31/2014We are past customers and were really looking forward to our meal here. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with the experience. We arrived just as a party of 35 was being seated which could explain the cold food and slow service. The hostess wanted to sit us in the bar but we opted for an outside table instead of being right by the door where everyone was coming in and out. When we looked at the menu we realized this is really no longer a French restaurant. Only one of the four of us found the food exceptional. The rest of us felt it was just OK.
- Always GREAT!ParttimerDined on 7/7/2014For many years, we have enjoyed this restaurant. It has never let us down from food selections and quality, great wine choices and excellent service.Special Features:
- SkierSkierDined on 7/6/2014We have always enjoyed this restaurant. Great service, food and ambiance. We usually go in the winter time, when it is so cozy, you feel like you are in Europe. Summer is great as well. They have outdoor dining which in Telluride is pretty spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare findWallyBDined on 7/6/2014La Marmotte is a gem among the many fine restaurants in Telluride, CO. The menu provides a delicious ride between old favorites and delicious new creations and combinations. Took the wife there for her birthday and she said each course was a delight. I concentrated on appetizers for the entire dinner. What a treat. We'll be back often.Special Features:
- Another yearly visit to La MarmotteChicagoToddDined on 7/5/2014We visit La Marmotte every year we come to visit Telluride, and always have a great time. This past visit was no exception. I had the excellent pork belly and lentil appetizer, followed by the NY strip. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014We went for a very special anniversary. They were crowded and understaffed. Service was atrocious. Waiter must have apologized for delays 10 times . Delays unacceptable. Too many screaming kids and barking dogs in outside seating. Food mediocre. Soup warm not hot. Pâté was good as was trout. Dessert disappointing. Coffee was not made well and tasted burnt. Iced tea was disgusting and tasted like Lipton powder from a jar. Horrible delays in service made it a disappointing final night choice. We won't be back.
- Poorly Prepared FoodMsVertigoDined on 6/27/2014Of four dishes that my spouse and I tried, my appetizer (pan seared foie gras) was the only dish that met our expectations. Otherwise, the food was poorly prepared and the ingredients were not of the quality one expects at this type of restaurant. My main course, for example, was duck breast with vanilla au jus and turnip puree. When my plate arrived, the food was nicely presented, but it was lukewarm at best. The meat was a gristle-filled, inferior piece of duck that was unevenly cooked and the turnip puree was extremely watery – impossible to eat with a fork. This was all very disappointing because the flavors blended nicely and this dish would have been excellent if it had been prepared properly, with a decent-quality piece of duck.Special Features:
- Great DiningSmokingHeavenDined on 6/24/2014This has to be the hottest spot in Telluride. All patrons were smoking pot and having a great time. The bar is the best. Where else can you smoke pot and drink booze in a high quality restaurant. The police department is across the street, so something is going on. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Very special restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My wife and I had our wedding dinner there and it was amazing. We only bad 6 people so it was very intiment and special. Bill took very good care of us and the food was perfect. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedOnvoyagerDined on 5/25/2014Great service and good food! It was a fun place to dine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!exfirebabeDined on 5/10/2014Loved dinner Saturday night at La Marmotte. The Salmon Tacos were out of this world!Special Features:
- The following 302 reviews are from the La Marmotte reviews archive.
- Fabulous experienceRoRoDined on 4/4/2014Everything was superb. Love the hanger steak, horseradish mash potatoes, and chocolate molten cake! It's all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in TelluridePartyof6Dined on 3/21/2014This restaurant has it all! Ambience, energy, delicious food, friendly wait staff. We are part time locals and this is by far our favorite go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pig outarcheplanDined on 3/12/2014Too much food, hence too expensive. You have to order fixe prix. Can't order a la carte. Wines too pricy.Special Features:
- best value in TelluridemrtjtDined on 3/9/2014Very good restaurant with a $54 table d'hôte menu. Get to choose appetizer, entree, and desert for $54! Nice variety of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodMorningtonDined on 3/9/2014One of the best restaurants we have eaten at in Telluride. The food was superb and the setting, an ancient ice house, was delghtful. The ambience was sophisticated yet rustic. The bar seemed lively on the way through, although we took cocktails, which were excellent, at our table. The wine list was good, although a little pricey. All in all, though, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright Spot in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We were looking for a upper class dining experience, and we found that in La Marmotte We both tried the Braised Short Ribs, and found ourselves savoring this exquisite dish to its full extent Would defineatly stop in again. Steve and LuAnne SpetcherI would recommend this to a friend.
- La Marrotte - A Telluride FavoriteEdwardVIPDined on 3/5/2014This restaurant has been here as long as I have coming to Telluride - 25+ years. It is a favorite of locals and tourists. They prepare fish, elk, and steaks with a French flair. On this occasion I enjoyed the sea bass and the foie gras. Both were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Oscars AppetizersTrideDinerDined on 3/2/2014We had intended a later dinner, but one of our party wanted to see the Oscars so we "dined" at 5:30. Our waiter was not at all put out, and was very helpful and accommodating. La Marmotte has become one of our favorite dine-out places in Telluride. The prix fixe menu is always outstanding, but the restaurant is quick to accommodate those who prefer to sample from the menu rather than order all the courses. The interior is lovely; brick walls and attractive local art contrast nicely with the white tablecloths and crystal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Idyllic & romanticPHXfinedinerVIPDined on 2/27/2014Imagine arriving in Telluride ready for a extended weekend of fresh powder skiing, walking through the snow and arriving at a warm, inviting eatery in the heart of town. All of our selections were delightful especially the rabbit and the duck. It was our first night and basically things went 'downhill' from there (lol)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is three course prixOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014Menu is three course prix fix and service was one course per hour with no attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot - excellent food.cdnskierDined on 2/16/2014Great spot - excellent food. Tiny older bathrooms only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland mealBjackDined on 2/15/2014Overall a bland meal at a steep price in a town that offers better value elsewhere. The menu seems dated and food lacked flavor. 2 of our 4 meals were average at best and one was poorly executed. The venison could not have been more chewy. The short ribs were good. Good cocktails, lackluster wine list. Great service and good ambiance.Special Features:
- Be prepared to eat & runCOfoodieDined on 2/14/2014Always good experiences in the past. Maybe because the previous times were during the off season, we had unreasonable expectations of a leisurely experience with more personal attention. This was Valentine's and understandably a busy night. However, we had barely paid our bill when the hostess was standing over our table asking us to leave. There had been no delay in paying the bill, ie we had quickly finished our desserts and handed over the credit card. There were no enquiries about anything else needed, coffee, etc. Just, we need your table. Obviously a little taken aback by this & embarrassed on behalf of guests who were dining for the first time there. Pretty unacceptable for a restaurant of this caliber(& price).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful old IcehouseEBBctVIPDined on 2/13/2014So yummy and romantic. The menu is so unique... setting in the old town Icehouse. This is a must when visiting Telluride or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014We have been looking forward to spending a night out and being able to finally go to La Marmotte. Everyone from the bartender, to the hostess were great. I love the way the restaurant is cozy and the kitchen is somewhat visible in the middle of the room but on a higher level. The only thing I wasn't as impressed with was the food; I feel the server should have been more excited about the menu considering we were some of the only earlier reservations in the restaurant - maybe giving some suggestions as to what the chef prepares best to make our experience the best it could be. For the value I think there are a few other places in town that would be worth the value, but I would be willing to give it another shot.Special Features:
- Our reviewdionlineDined on 2/10/2014Our dinner was wonderful. Perfect for a romantic occasion. The service was impeccable! Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in townKatyDined on 2/10/2014We've eaten at at lot of telluride restaurants that were ranked "excellent" and turned out to be sub par. La Marmotte is really good.....beautifully prepared foods served in a stunning little, cozy building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent EveningGroverDined on 2/10/2014A combination of wonderful setting, excellent food, and attentive staff makes this a special stop for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in Telluride forAitchDined on 2/10/2014Best place in Telluride for a post-ski meal. Cosy, warm. Great food/wine. Great service. Haut cuisine in a relaxed environment. Book early to avoid disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spot in tellurideLinkthinksDined on 2/9/2014La Marmotte is always excellent! Don't miss it on your next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightJAR2Dined on 2/8/2014After spending the day skiing being a guest at La Marmotte was a real treat. From the cozy atmosphere to the great wines and food, La Marmotte gets it right on all levels. Living in Manhattan I am used to eating very well, la Marmootte does not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014Loved this place! Had braised ribs and they were fantastic. Creme burlee for desert was great as well.Special Features:
- Very good dinner but..OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/3/2014Our dinner was excellent. Service at the table was great. We visit La Marmotte frequently when in Telluride. This visit started off poorly though. We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation which had been confirmed by the restaurant around 5pm that day. When we weren't seated about 10 minutes after arrival, the hostess told me that our table should be ready for our 8pm reservation. While drinks we had while waiting were comp'd, we felt that we weren't getting treated honestly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coq au vin in the rockies..skibunnyDined on 12/30/2013lovely warm find in the town of telluride. if you are not in a rush and want a warm place to gaze into someone's eyes or to enjoy a convivial dinner w/ good friends don't miss this spot. interesting food, cozy atmosphere, bustling... but not bumbling. you'll enjoy it if you are ready to relax and then scamper home...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better.AlpinefoodieDined on 12/27/2013This is a very good restaurant that could be much better. It has a nice menu, but, the food while good, doesn't live up it' potential. The style is classic French, but, the reality drifts too far from traditional fare. In my view, the chef is getting way to inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good (not great) and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Standard option of $54 per person for 3 course meal plus numerous add-on of around $5-$7, effectively taking the price to $60+ per person. House wines by the glass are at around $12. Main course portion was small, and aside from the creme brûlée it was a generic dessert selection.