150 W San Juan
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamarmotte.com/
- Phone: (970) 728-6232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: - Service starting at 6pm, Closed Wednesdays until December 13, 2007
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Reggiannini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is also available, seating parties up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mairen Reagan 9707286232
- Special Events: Serving Thanksgiving Dinner 2pm -7pm. Special New Years Eve 2008 Menu and Seatings
A word from La Marmotte
Mark Reggiannini is a former sous chef for Jean Georges Vonrichten, and has a philosophy regarding food - simplicity. His rustic bistro cooking focuses on the use of local fine ingredients, prepared using French techniques. Private dining room and buyout options available. La Marmotte menu changes nightly depending on what is in season and fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Marmotte - Best Restaurants in Telluride ›
La Marmotte reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great spot - excellent food.cdnskierDined on 2/16/2014Great spot - excellent food. Tiny older bathrooms only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland mealBjackDined on 2/15/2014Overall a bland meal at a steep price in a town that offers better value elsewhere. The menu seems dated and food lacked flavor. 2 of our 4 meals were average at best and one was poorly executed. The venison could not have been more chewy. The short ribs were good. Good cocktails, lackluster wine list. Great service and good ambiance.Special Features:
- Be prepared to eat & runCOfoodieDined on 2/14/2014Always good experiences in the past. Maybe because the previous times were during the off season, we had unreasonable expectations of a leisurely experience with more personal attention. This was Valentine's and understandably a busy night. However, we had barely paid our bill when the hostess was standing over our table asking us to leave. There had been no delay in paying the bill, ie we had quickly finished our desserts and handed over the credit card. There were no enquiries about anything else needed, coffee, etc. Just, we need your table. Obviously a little taken aback by this & embarrassed on behalf of guests who were dining for the first time there. Pretty unacceptable for a restaurant of this caliber(& price).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful old IcehouseEBBctVIPDined on 2/13/2014So yummy and romantic. The menu is so unique... setting in the old town Icehouse. This is a must when visiting Telluride or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014We have been looking forward to spending a night out and being able to finally go to La Marmotte. Everyone from the bartender, to the hostess were great. I love the way the restaurant is cozy and the kitchen is somewhat visible in the middle of the room but on a higher level. The only thing I wasn't as impressed with was the food; I feel the server should have been more excited about the menu considering we were some of the only earlier reservations in the restaurant - maybe giving some suggestions as to what the chef prepares best to make our experience the best it could be. For the value I think there are a few other places in town that would be worth the value, but I would be willing to give it another shot.Special Features:
- Our reviewdionlineDined on 2/10/2014Our dinner was wonderful. Perfect for a romantic occasion. The service was impeccable! Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in townKatyDined on 2/10/2014We've eaten at at lot of telluride restaurants that were ranked "excellent" and turned out to be sub par. La Marmotte is really good.....beautifully prepared foods served in a stunning little, cozy building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent EveningGroverDined on 2/10/2014A combination of wonderful setting, excellent food, and attentive staff makes this a special stop for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in Telluride forAitchDined on 2/10/2014Best place in Telluride for a post-ski meal. Cosy, warm. Great food/wine. Great service. Haut cuisine in a relaxed environment. Book early to avoid disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spot in tellurideLinkthinksDined on 2/9/2014La Marmotte is always excellent! Don't miss it on your next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightJAR2Dined on 2/8/2014After spending the day skiing being a guest at La Marmotte was a real treat. From the cozy atmosphere to the great wines and food, La Marmotte gets it right on all levels. Living in Manhattan I am used to eating very well, la Marmootte does not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014Loved this place! Had braised ribs and they were fantastic. Creme burlee for desert was great as well.Special Features:
- Very good dinner but..OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/3/2014Our dinner was excellent. Service at the table was great. We visit La Marmotte frequently when in Telluride. This visit started off poorly though. We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation which had been confirmed by the restaurant around 5pm that day. When we weren't seated about 10 minutes after arrival, the hostess told me that our table should be ready for our 8pm reservation. While drinks we had while waiting were comp'd, we felt that we weren't getting treated honestly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coq au vin in the rockies..skibunnyDined on 12/30/2013lovely warm find in the town of telluride. if you are not in a rush and want a warm place to gaze into someone's eyes or to enjoy a convivial dinner w/ good friends don't miss this spot. interesting food, cozy atmosphere, bustling... but not bumbling. you'll enjoy it if you are ready to relax and then scamper home...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better.AlpinefoodieDined on 12/27/2013This is a very good restaurant that could be much better. It has a nice menu, but, the food while good, doesn't live up it' potential. The style is classic French, but, the reality drifts too far from traditional fare. In my view, the chef is getting way to inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good (not great) and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Standard option of $54 per person for 3 course meal plus numerous add-on of around $5-$7, effectively taking the price to $60+ per person. House wines by the glass are at around $12. Main course portion was small, and aside from the creme brûlée it was a generic dessert selection.
- Tacos, lamb and steak allGrubbing1Dined on 12/23/2013Tacos, lamb and steak all excellent butternut sq soup averageSpecial Features:
- Our favorite in TellurideHouTexTomDined on 12/20/2013This was our first time in Telluride. We received many recommendations from friends. We were so glad this was one of the restaurants we chose from the many recommended. La Marmotte was our favorite of the places where we ate. My beef short rib melted in my mouth and was rich with flavor. When you are in Telluride you must have at least one dinner at La Marmotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSuzanneDined on 11/16/2013As always, our experience at La Marmotte was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood french cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013This is one of our favorite places in Telluride. Great food, service and warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Consitently GreatgcraigVIPDined on 11/1/2013Has been a favorite of mine for 20+years under several owners. Great atmosphere, great food. Very much appreciate La Marmotte staying open for offseason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodnotafoodieDined on 10/18/2013Always friendly staff. Great food. Creamy French onion soup, hot cold shrimp and Hanger steak. All great.Special Features:
- Beautiful but...mjfoodeDined on 10/11/2013The ambience and service were spectacular though they cut one server too early and the later part of the evening we waited around a bit more than I would have liked for that kind of money. The only real complaint was the first course and the desert were good but could have been much better. I had the white onion and goat cheese tart which should be light but I was expecting a bit more flavor and for desert the key lime cheesecake was not flavorful at all i want the lime to burst in my mouth and make me salivate, instead i was merely tasting a hint of the tart lime and a bunch of cream cheese. Overall I would recommend Le Marmotte but not the dishes i chose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night?fasdfasdfgVIPDined on 10/10/2013We dined again at Marmotte because we loved it so much during our first visit to Telluride. The restaraunt was busy, but not full this time. While the atmosphere was still enjoyable, the good quality and service were a let-down. I received the wrong drinks twice, the steak I received was overcooked and tough, the water was not refilled, and even though they knew they were obviously short staffed, there were no apologies provided. On a positive note, the short ribs were fantastic! We hope it's better next round.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 10/5/2013Uninspiring and incredibly short wine list followed by a waiter who appeared once every 15 minutes to rush us and then sometimes left mid interaction, like failing to pour wine, pouring all glasses without an initial tasting approval. He was eyeing other tables while taking to our requests. Food was attractively presented but tasteless.
- A terrific find in TellurideAndyWVIPDined on 10/3/2013everuthig was delicious, from appetizer to desert, a great culinary experience. Recommend to all foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreLis184VIPDined on 9/24/2013Ambience was great, but food lacked any flavor or personality. Dinner for 2 was over $200, and not worth it! If your looking for fine dining and great food, your much better off going to 221 South which is exceptional!
- Not really Fixed PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2013The food was excellent, but the bill submitted at the end did not reflect a true fixed price menu. It was, at minimum, very confusing, and at maximum, perhaps an overcharge. It diminished what otherwise was a marvelous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely...foodfan2Dined on 9/8/2013...in every respect. Prix fixe menu is appealing but it is a lot of food. Delicious and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to eat at LaHannaVIPDined on 8/31/2013Always a treat to eat at La Marmotte, and this was no exception!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysSuzanneDined on 8/27/2013La Marmotte is consistently excellent. We marvel at that every time we eat there. Amazing flavor combinations, seasonal foods, cooked to perfection. This love affair has been going on for many years.Special Features:
- The best way to end a visitDebellenaVIPDined on 8/22/2013We chose La Marmotte in Telluride as our last meal on purpose. While we truly did not have one bad meal while in Telluride, this gem was one cut above all the others. The 4 of us all ordered differently and none of us were the least bit dissapointed. The chef understands the palet, as well as flavors and textures. I would absolutely go back. A Most memorial meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still The KingpaulintellDined on 8/22/2013Mark Reggianni and La Marmotte never disappoint. My favorite restaurant in town. A highly talented chef/owner at the top of his game. Pupil (Mark) maybe better than his renowned mentor (Jean George V)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousEBBctVIPDined on 8/9/2013La Marmotte is delicious.... the menu is prix fixe, and it is filled with unique creations. Chef Mark is extremely clever and everything from his genius is fantastic. The restaurant is located in the old town icehouse which makes the ambience very special. Go early for a glass of champagne at the little bar in the front of the restaurant or sit outside on a warm summer evening if you prefer. The artwork is supplied by a local gallery and most all of it is for sale. La Marmotte is a one of our favorites, and we will go season after season.Special Features:
- Gems in an ice houseChefdOrVIPDined on 8/7/2013Could well be the best in Telluride. Buffalo tenderloin was, maybe, the best I have ever had. Atmosphere is great; chef is truly talented. The "en suite" main course kitchen adjacent to the dining area assures prompt, properly heard food. The bread is also the best in Telluride. All in all, though a little pricy, great food quality makes this a must.Special Features:
- If you are visiting TelluridemangiaVIPDined on 8/7/2013If you are visiting Telluride this place is a must go to place. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- French with a flairEat3Dined on 8/5/2013Cozy romantic atmosphere with friendly attentive service, interesting wine list and fantastic, creative dishes. Traditional French with a delicious flair. Don't forget dessert! Chocolate pudding and chocolate molten cake - both over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food; Disappointing ServicestevecVIPDined on 7/26/2013We have been here several times - the food justifies the price. This time our waiter (we have had him before) seemed pretty much disconnected. We didn't ask for much, but he needed to be reminded several times. Another of our guests finally went to get him to bring more iced tea for the DD (me).Special Features:
- Stellar TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2013My husband and I dined at La Marmotte on our recent trip to Colorado. We loved the historic ambience of the restaurant, which is in the icehouse which used to service the railroad. There is a lovely outdoor patio. My husband ordered the creamed French onion soup which was superb. I ordered the juniper encrusted buffalo steak with scalloped potatoes. The buffalo steak was tender and succulent, and the scalloped potatoes were crisp and creamy. My husband had the beef surloin with mushroom mashed potatoes, also tender and delicious. The restaurant owner stopped by each table to ask about diners' satisfaction!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mountain WOW!AStrasVIPDined on 7/16/2013Small, intimate, quaint., histroic and romantic and the food was wonderful. What else could you ask for? Service was superb, and the chef honored a request to prepare the sweatbread salad in an entree format and even added a special touch of his own. The food was prepared beautifully, and the whole experience was a delight. I know this sounds like the rantings of a 20 something on his first date with a new love; but the fact is we've been married for more than 40 years and this place just made us feel like that!Special Features: