150 W San Juan
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamarmotte.com/
- Phone: 9707286232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: - Service starting at 6pm, Closed Wednesdays until December 13, 2007
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Reggiannini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is also available, seating parties up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mairen Reagan 9707286232
- Special Events: Serving Thanksgiving Dinner 2pm -7pm. Special New Years Eve 2008 Menu and Seatings
A word from La Marmotte
Mark Reggiannini is a former sous chef for Jean Georges Vonrichten, and has a philosophy regarding food - simplicity. His rustic bistro cooking focuses on the use of local fine ingredients, prepared using French techniques. Private dining room and buyout options available. La Marmotte menu changes nightly depending on what is in season and fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Marmotte reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)romantic (29)special occasion (25)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- dinnerDisappointedDined on 10/10/2014mediocre. second time that I have eaten there. Why is there a character minimum? This is becoming a waste of time!
- Best in TellurideRowdyDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here with our son. Service could not have been better . All the dishes were very good. We enjoyed the entire evenilng.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining at La MarmotteRossiniDined on 10/7/2014I've been here a few times and each time has been excellent. This time we (party of three) went on an October Tuesday night; the place was nearly empty, but the service and quality of preparation was outstanding. I had the Colorado lamb duo (steak and shank) on mustard mashed potatoes. The other meals were the duck confit and coq au vin, each of the same high quality. These meals are not large, so if you are used to chowing down, you will have room for the very fine deserts. The only slight negative - and this is true of almost all restaurant food - is the salt content, which was not enough to be conspicuous, but I was pretty thirsty later in the evening. Prices are reasonable - low thirties to mid twenties. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodMikeGDined on 10/3/2014The food is french inspired, service is great! A must for any trip to Telluride when you are looking for a nice place to dine whether celebrating a special occasion or just want a night out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/30/2014End of season, so dining room was quiet. Sole and lamb were good as were the appetizers. The chocolate lave cake was nothing special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 9/30/2014We always love La Marmotte-- the food is always excellent and interesting in its concepts. We will dine there whenever we get a chance in Telluride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid ambience but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent and varied menu and well attended which creates obvious pressure on the kitchen which I assume leads to the problem with serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulousawh83Dined on 9/2/2014Everything was outstanding, but special shout-out to Mike, our server. He steered us in the right direction every time.Special Features:
- Favorite T-ride spotDinerDined on 9/2/2014We've been eating at this restaurant for over 23 years. It has morphed over the years from a French bistro-type menu to a more eclectic one. All in all, dining at La Marmotte always hits the mark. Wines by the glass are always interesting and the wine list is varied. The menu tries to adhere to the farm-to-table philosophy, using local ingredients when ever possible. This restaurant continues to be our go-to spot for an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Great wineFoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Good mix of local and French fare. The waiter was good but did not know wine but asked so done else. Good wine list.Special Features:
- The BEST in Telluride-by FAR!SpagrlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Mark is an amazing chef-the most difficult part is choosing between his amazing options! Love the atmosphere of this restaurant and the service is always perfect!Special Features:
- TFF dinner4dinningDined on 8/30/2014We arrived early for our reservations, but a very large party seated before just before our arrival which meant no indoor seating. We were seated outdoors close to the heater which helped with the chill. Due to the large party indoors it challenged the staff but they did the best the could. No one checked us in with Open Table which meant I got no show notice. Food was good but not super. May have been due to large party.Special Features:
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We go here every time we get to Telluride - never disappointingSpecial Features:
- La Marmotterc85754Dined on 8/29/2014Have visited and dined while in Telluride and find the ambiance and attention of the staff to be excellent. Friendly, detailed, well-prepared meals. a good bargain for the price.Special Features:
- CocoaDined on 8/26/2014La Marmotte has been a Telluride "gem" for decades. We have been going for the 20 years we've had a vacation home here. The menu always changes and so going back many times during a season keeps us going back and back. Staff is always attentive and informed.Special Features:
- Sadly, a bad experienceDaveVIPDined on 8/14/2014Although the food was quite good, the tremendously long (45 minutes) wait for entrees was completely unacceptable especially on a slow night. Staff was not attentive considering the delays. What could otherwise have been a terrific evening was ruined by lousy service.
- Wonderful DinnerFoodee1Dined on 8/5/2014We had a great dinner that was wonderful for the entire family from my 9 yr old daughter to my 81 yr old dad. Everything we had on the menu was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with change in menufoodieDined on 7/31/2014We are past customers and were really looking forward to our meal here. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with the experience. We arrived just as a party of 35 was being seated which could explain the cold food and slow service. The hostess wanted to sit us in the bar but we opted for an outside table instead of being right by the door where everyone was coming in and out. When we looked at the menu we realized this is really no longer a French restaurant. Only one of the four of us found the food exceptional. The rest of us felt it was just OK.
- Always GREAT!ParttimerDined on 7/7/2014For many years, we have enjoyed this restaurant. It has never let us down from food selections and quality, great wine choices and excellent service.Special Features:
- SkierSkierDined on 7/6/2014We have always enjoyed this restaurant. Great service, food and ambiance. We usually go in the winter time, when it is so cozy, you feel like you are in Europe. Summer is great as well. They have outdoor dining which in Telluride is pretty spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare findWallyBDined on 7/6/2014La Marmotte is a gem among the many fine restaurants in Telluride, CO. The menu provides a delicious ride between old favorites and delicious new creations and combinations. Took the wife there for her birthday and she said each course was a delight. I concentrated on appetizers for the entire dinner. What a treat. We'll be back often.Special Features:
- Another yearly visit to La MarmotteChicagoToddDined on 7/5/2014We visit La Marmotte every year we come to visit Telluride, and always have a great time. This past visit was no exception. I had the excellent pork belly and lentil appetizer, followed by the NY strip. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014We went for a very special anniversary. They were crowded and understaffed. Service was atrocious. Waiter must have apologized for delays 10 times . Delays unacceptable. Too many screaming kids and barking dogs in outside seating. Food mediocre. Soup warm not hot. Pâté was good as was trout. Dessert disappointing. Coffee was not made well and tasted burnt. Iced tea was disgusting and tasted like Lipton powder from a jar. Horrible delays in service made it a disappointing final night choice. We won't be back.
- Poorly Prepared FoodMsVertigoDined on 6/27/2014Of four dishes that my spouse and I tried, my appetizer (pan seared foie gras) was the only dish that met our expectations. Otherwise, the food was poorly prepared and the ingredients were not of the quality one expects at this type of restaurant. My main course, for example, was duck breast with vanilla au jus and turnip puree. When my plate arrived, the food was nicely presented, but it was lukewarm at best. The meat was a gristle-filled, inferior piece of duck that was unevenly cooked and the turnip puree was extremely watery – impossible to eat with a fork. This was all very disappointing because the flavors blended nicely and this dish would have been excellent if it had been prepared properly, with a decent-quality piece of duck.Special Features:
- Great DiningSmokingHeavenDined on 6/24/2014This has to be the hottest spot in Telluride. All patrons were smoking pot and having a great time. The bar is the best. Where else can you smoke pot and drink booze in a high quality restaurant. The police department is across the street, so something is going on. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- The following 305 reviews are from the La Marmotte reviews archive.
- Very special restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My wife and I had our wedding dinner there and it was amazing. We only bad 6 people so it was very intiment and special. Bill took very good care of us and the food was perfect. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedOnvoyagerDined on 5/25/2014Great service and good food! It was a fun place to dine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!exfirebabeDined on 5/10/2014Loved dinner Saturday night at La Marmotte. The Salmon Tacos were out of this world!Special Features:
- Fabulous experienceRoRoDined on 4/4/2014Everything was superb. Love the hanger steak, horseradish mash potatoes, and chocolate molten cake! It's all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in TelluridePartyof6Dined on 3/21/2014This restaurant has it all! Ambience, energy, delicious food, friendly wait staff. We are part time locals and this is by far our favorite go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pig outarcheplanDined on 3/12/2014Too much food, hence too expensive. You have to order fixe prix. Can't order a la carte. Wines too pricy.Special Features:
- best value in TelluridemrtjtDined on 3/9/2014Very good restaurant with a $54 table d'hôte menu. Get to choose appetizer, entree, and desert for $54! Nice variety of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodMorningtonDined on 3/9/2014One of the best restaurants we have eaten at in Telluride. The food was superb and the setting, an ancient ice house, was delghtful. The ambience was sophisticated yet rustic. The bar seemed lively on the way through, although we took cocktails, which were excellent, at our table. The wine list was good, although a little pricey. All in all, though, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright Spot in TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We were looking for a upper class dining experience, and we found that in La Marmotte We both tried the Braised Short Ribs, and found ourselves savoring this exquisite dish to its full extent Would defineatly stop in again. Steve and LuAnne SpetcherI would recommend this to a friend.
- La Marrotte - A Telluride FavoriteEdwardVIPDined on 3/5/2014This restaurant has been here as long as I have coming to Telluride - 25+ years. It is a favorite of locals and tourists. They prepare fish, elk, and steaks with a French flair. On this occasion I enjoyed the sea bass and the foie gras. Both were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Oscars AppetizersTrideDinerDined on 3/2/2014We had intended a later dinner, but one of our party wanted to see the Oscars so we "dined" at 5:30. Our waiter was not at all put out, and was very helpful and accommodating. La Marmotte has become one of our favorite dine-out places in Telluride. The prix fixe menu is always outstanding, but the restaurant is quick to accommodate those who prefer to sample from the menu rather than order all the courses. The interior is lovely; brick walls and attractive local art contrast nicely with the white tablecloths and crystal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Idyllic & romanticPHXfinedinerVIPDined on 2/27/2014Imagine arriving in Telluride ready for a extended weekend of fresh powder skiing, walking through the snow and arriving at a warm, inviting eatery in the heart of town. All of our selections were delightful especially the rabbit and the duck. It was our first night and basically things went 'downhill' from there (lol)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is three course prixOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014Menu is three course prix fix and service was one course per hour with no attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot - excellent food.cdnskierDined on 2/16/2014Great spot - excellent food. Tiny older bathrooms only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland mealBjackDined on 2/15/2014Overall a bland meal at a steep price in a town that offers better value elsewhere. The menu seems dated and food lacked flavor. 2 of our 4 meals were average at best and one was poorly executed. The venison could not have been more chewy. The short ribs were good. Good cocktails, lackluster wine list. Great service and good ambiance.Special Features: