LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
900 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.lalivemarriott.com/LA-Live-Restaurants/LA-Market-22.html
- Phone: (213) 765-8630
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am -10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Eric Branger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
LA Market Restaurant showcases simple, exquisite American cuisine with a California flair, sourced from organic, sustainable and local sources, to offer a culinary experience that showcases the city as a culinary capital of the world. Fresh, seasonal cocktails, and a built-in cruvinet offering 32 wines by the glass, round out LA Market’s beverage offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Great breakfast!RavenVIPDined on 11/23/2014Every time I'm in LA I eat here. Terrific eggs Benedict, the waffles are my favorite, and I love that you get your own pot of hot chocolate that's good for at least three cups. So good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadMagnificentDined on 11/7/2014Food was decent, service was a little slow. Prices not unreasonable.Special Features:
- Good brunchDougMVIPDined on 10/19/2014Best bacon, great oatmeal and average fruit. Small omelets upon request (about 5 bites), one piece of French toast when ordered. But, I would recommend stating to please allow 2 or 3 slices of F Toast and double the omelet ration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Keep up the good work! We had a fabulous meal, and the waitstaff is first rate. Wonderful way to celebrate my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hotel restaurant!Aubietx75VIPDined on 10/11/2014Sometimes a hotel restaurant is lacking, though this place is its own destination. Dinner is superb and I will eat there again while in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At Staples Center.SnobbyDined on 10/5/2014If you're going to a concert and can't find any other place to eat, it was good, but overpriced and a very small menu. The food was good, but nothing special for the price. Excellent service and location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LA MarketwildforgoodfudDined on 10/5/2014The food was good, not great. Could have a slightly larger menu. The food was a bit delayed coming out. Our server was erratic, rushed us through ordering, apologized for the food delay and then about 5-10 minutes after we finally got our dinner and we are eating she asked us if we wanted dessert. We had barely eaten dinner yet. She rushed us through the entire evening, and then ironically didn't come back for the credit card and bill for a while. I don't know if she was new, she was sweet otherwise. The coffee at the end was perfect, slight crema on top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014I was my best friends birthday. We waited 30 minutes to put a drink order in. The waitress walked back and forth in front of our table without talking to us.
- Great RestaurantenjoyinglifeDined on 10/4/2014My friend & I both thought the service was excellent, the salmon was cooked to perfection, and the Cosmo drinks we had were fantastic! We would both highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnjaDined on 9/20/2014Good, friendly and efficient service. The food is fine and consistent if somewhat reminiscent of airplane food - all be it first class cabin airplane food. They are a great opinion for a pre-show meal as they really know how to get you in and out without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Convenient Good FoodKimmerDined on 9/20/2014Since we were going next door for a concert, the location could not be beat. It was busy, but the service was efficient and friendly. Only disappointment was that it took 20 minutes to find the wine we had selected - their one and only Montrachet. Unfortunately it was the last one and it showed - dirty/dusty and warm. Given the price and condition of the bottle, we opted for another wine vs. risking it. Menu was limited, but very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and differentbjwjDined on 9/19/2014Food was great. Unique flavors, great presentation. Not a long menu but that made choices easier. Service slow but when they did come- very good.Special Features:
- dee0stvDined on 9/5/2014We had a great experience having dinner at the Marriot la Live. Service and food was excellent. Will definately recommend this place for food and service.Special Features:
- celottDined on 9/2/2014For a hotel restaurant, the food was quite good. Reservations were suggested, but not needed. The price is what you would expect for a hotel in downtown L.A.Special Features:
- Not a typical hotel restaurantMacNRobVIPDined on 8/28/2014The selection, presentation and quality of food is above that I'd expect in a largely convention hotel. Prices are more reasonable than I'd expect in such a location as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleJessicaDined on 8/22/2014Several of us ordered the $28 tandoori chicken, it was most certainly not worth $28. The chicken was disgusting and the rest of it was not that great either. The best part of our lunch was the bread they served in the beginning. The service was slow and the food took around 45 minutes to come out. I had been here once before and I didn't like it that much but thought I would give it another chance, I am definitely never coming back again.
- Good for a hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Good options for vegetarians. Polenta cake was fabulous.
- UnderwhelmedNoelCVIPDined on 8/10/2014Service was nice but slow, food coming out was even slower. That edamame was delicious but everything else was just okay my husband's chicken was so bland he couldn't even finish it after having to asking for salt.
- Too ExpensiveDaveDeFDined on 7/30/2014Really? $9 for an Orange Juice? $6 for a Coffee? Our breakfast for 5 came to $170USD. I understand that they have a captive convention audience, but this was a bit over the top.
- ExpensiveDaveDeFDined on 7/29/2014Really? $9 for an Orange Juice? $6 for a Coffee? Our breakfast for 5 came to $170USD. I understand that they have a captive convention audience, but this was a bit over the top.
- The following 508 reviews are from the LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE reviews archive.
- Bland food at high pricesDaveDeFDined on 7/28/2014Very bland food at very high prices. Nothing spectacular in the food and one person in our party had to wait quite a long time for their entree.
- Too Expensive!DenvertrvlrDined on 7/22/2014they exaggerate in the pricing. $8 for a 8 oz glass of orange juice and another $7.00 for a cup of coffee! It was too much! I ended going to starbucks the rest of my stay. A week of Starbucks equated to one buffet breakfast at the hotel. Just because people can pay those amounts doesn't mean they should charge that amount. It doesn't improve the quality by raising the cost!
- DINE IN LA WEEKOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014VISITED THIS RESTAURANT DURING DINE IN LA WEEK. FROM SERVICE TO PRESENTATION OF DISHES WAS EXCELLENT. NICE WINE LIST TO PAIR WITH THE DISHES. DEFINITELY WILL COME BACK AGAIN.Special Features:
- Great food, service a little shakyrednikkiDined on 7/19/2014We came here as part of LA Restaurant Week. We were honestly not expecting much, but the food blew us away. My middle eastern meze appetizer was delicious as was my partner's burrata, which came with a fantastic ratatouille-style relish. My Indian curry was yummy, although it tasted more like Indian via Thailand, and my partner was a fan of his fish and chips. The desserts were perfectly done - one of the best creme brulees I've ever had. The timing of our meal, however, needed work. We waited for 15 minutes before anyone came to take our order, and there was a 25 minute pause (!) between when our entrees were cleared and when we received our desserts. We ordered all courses at the beginning, so this seemed like a big oops.Special Features:
- Good food bad service.JessicaDined on 7/10/2014I came into the restaurant with my purse and a folder so my hands were full. The hostess was seating us and she could clearly see I was having trouble trying to pull out my chair and didn't bother to help whatsoever. Finally I manage to pull out the chair and seat myself, as im trying to situate myself she immediately hands me the menu, while my hands are still full. Finally we are sitting and looking at the menu and our server didn't come over to greet us for about 10 minutes. He eventually comes over and takes our order. I saw him maybe twice throughout our 45 minute lunch. We told him we were in a rush and he was very slow and extremely hard to find. The staff wasn't helpful at all but I did enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robertobrandt67Dined on 7/5/2014We chose the LA Market because we occasionaly watch the TV Show "Hells Kitchen", and the 8th season winner Nona Sivley was to be the chef at this restaurant. We went without checking and found out she hasn't been there anymore for quite a while. Still, food and drinks where OK. Nothing special. Location is nice, and the overall experience was good.Special Features:
- PoorAnneDined on 7/2/2014We sat for quite some time before any wait staff acknowledged us. Then we finally were waited on. Dinner came and we had to ask for bread.....it just went down from there. The worst french onion soup I have ever had. A lot of fluff for poor quality. We are staying at the JW Marriott and the restaurant is in the hotel. They really should step it up a notch
- LA LiveWillEStyle3VIPDined on 6/22/2014This place has everything I like in a resteraunt good food, great location and excellent service. If you are ever in LA visiting and looking for something close to the Staple Center this would be the place I would recommend. It is in the JW Marriott but it is not your average hotel resteraunt.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/22/2014Overall the experience was very nice. Biggest downfall is that the menu that was on open table is a bit different from the one in the restaurant. I went specifically for one dish that was online and not served. the waiter told me they stopped serving that menu a year ago when I showed him the open table menu. Nice wine list!
- Perfect pan cakes!BolochitoDined on 6/15/2014Great coffee! Room was a little sunny! Sat in a back room that was a little darker But very nice! Hostess BiBi was very sweet! All the staff was nice! Perfect way to start Father's Day! Thank you! JW marriott! Will be back soon! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceitsmereenzVIPDined on 6/11/2014overall good experience considering how busy the hotel and restaurants are with the e3 conferenceSpecial Features:
- Everything you want and expect!PrixFixeDined on 6/10/2014While attending a large conference, I made breakfast reservations for myself and my colleague to meet an important new business client. He showed up with two of his lieutenants. The restaurant staff the table for two extra places without missing a beat! The restaurant has an amazing breakfast buffet and simply outstanding service! My guests only had coffee and the server didn't even charge their coffees to the tab. If you want to have a wonderful business meeting, with superb staff and delicious food in a beautiful setting, this is it.Special Features:
- Quiet with good atmosphereBrikeDined on 4/13/2014Limited menu, but everything we ordered was good. Prosciutto pizza with figs was interesting, French onion soup was great and angus burger was above average. Very good service and good place to catch dinner before a game at Staples centerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fig & prociutto pizza & LAhelensbdayDined on 4/12/2014Fig & prociutto pizza & LA Market salad are awesome, however, mac & cheese lacked flavor or personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal Customer, Very DisappointedjoebruinVIPDined on 3/21/2014I have been to La Market over 10 times. I simply loved the food and ambience. On this last occasion, I had an experience that will probably deter me from going back, for a long while. I was celebrating a birthday party with my co-workers. We had placed a very simple order. The order came out incorrect. This is very understandable, however, when we informed the served, he became very rude, in fact I would say aggressive, and blamed us for the mistakes! I have never been treated so poorly at a restaurant, especially at a Ritz Carlton.
- Need better servicedisappointedDined on 3/14/2014Regarding the reservation process: easy and very accessible through OpenTable mobile App. (Although, our first option for dinner - LA CHAPTER - didn't have reservation avail for that night, so we found the LA Market.) Restaurant ambience: it's beautiful and has nice decor. Noise level, so-so. Not a foodie experience. Our meal was very ordinary and nothing special. Wine list, I've seen better.. The iPad idea, I don't know... not a fan of that. Regarding service: very poor. We were dinning with friends we've not seen for years. We were totally thinking about giving them a nice downtown experience as there are so many places that have incredible food. But, unfortunately the night became a night of interruptions, rude and class zero service.
- Marriott at LA Live has it down!WallyDined on 3/11/2014What a great surrounding to relax and people watch while enjoying a nice glass of wine and a good meal. I recommend the chicken, served with a grain and grapes- lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for Valentines Day and had just an awesome experience. The food was great and if you have special someone I would recommend the L.A MARKET to you. Our server Paula was just the best. She always checked in with us to make sure that everything was going great. Thanks Paula and the staff at L.A MARKETSpecial Features:
- SO SOhunkDined on 2/14/2014The food was always good but the Valentine's menu was so so could have been better the lam could have been better should have ordered from the main menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA Market @ L.A. LivegreeneyesDined on 2/8/2014Great place to dine before an event at the Staples Center or Nokia Live. Great food, reasonable prices. Not jammed packed like the other eating establishments at L.A. Live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.