LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
900 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.lalivemarriott.com/LA-Live-Restaurants/LA-Market-22.html
- Phone: 2137658630x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am -10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Eric Branger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
LA Market Restaurant showcases simple, exquisite American cuisine with a California flair, sourced from organic, sustainable and local sources, to offer a culinary experience that showcases the city as a culinary capital of the world. Fresh, seasonal cocktails, and a built-in cruvinet offering 32 wines by the glass, round out LA Market’s beverage offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not a typical hotel restaurantMacNRobVIPDined on 8/28/2014The selection, presentation and quality of food is above that I'd expect in a largely convention hotel. Prices are more reasonable than I'd expect in such a location as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleJessicaDined on 8/22/2014Several of us ordered the $28 tandoori chicken, it was most certainly not worth $28. The chicken was disgusting and the rest of it was not that great either. The best part of our lunch was the bread they served in the beginning. The service was slow and the food took around 45 minutes to come out. I had been here once before and I didn't like it that much but thought I would give it another chance, I am definitely never coming back again.
- Good for a hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Good options for vegetarians. Polenta cake was fabulous.
- UnderwhelmedNoelCDined on 8/10/2014Service was nice but slow, food coming out was even slower. That edamame was delicious but everything else was just okay my husband's chicken was so bland he couldn't even finish it after having to asking for salt.
- Too ExpensiveDaveDeFDined on 7/30/2014Really? $9 for an Orange Juice? $6 for a Coffee? Our breakfast for 5 came to $170USD. I understand that they have a captive convention audience, but this was a bit over the top.
- ExpensiveDaveDeFDined on 7/29/2014Really? $9 for an Orange Juice? $6 for a Coffee? Our breakfast for 5 came to $170USD. I understand that they have a captive convention audience, but this was a bit over the top.
- Bland food at high pricesDaveDeFDined on 7/28/2014Very bland food at very high prices. Nothing spectacular in the food and one person in our party had to wait quite a long time for their entree.
- Too Expensive!DenvertrvlrDined on 7/22/2014they exaggerate in the pricing. $8 for a 8 oz glass of orange juice and another $7.00 for a cup of coffee! It was too much! I ended going to starbucks the rest of my stay. A week of Starbucks equated to one buffet breakfast at the hotel. Just because people can pay those amounts doesn't mean they should charge that amount. It doesn't improve the quality by raising the cost!
- Great food, service a little shakyrednikkiDined on 7/19/2014We came here as part of LA Restaurant Week. We were honestly not expecting much, but the food blew us away. My middle eastern meze appetizer was delicious as was my partner's burrata, which came with a fantastic ratatouille-style relish. My Indian curry was yummy, although it tasted more like Indian via Thailand, and my partner was a fan of his fish and chips. The desserts were perfectly done - one of the best creme brulees I've ever had. The timing of our meal, however, needed work. We waited for 15 minutes before anyone came to take our order, and there was a 25 minute pause (!) between when our entrees were cleared and when we received our desserts. We ordered all courses at the beginning, so this seemed like a big oops.Special Features:
- Good food bad service.JessicaDined on 7/10/2014I came into the restaurant with my purse and a folder so my hands were full. The hostess was seating us and she could clearly see I was having trouble trying to pull out my chair and didn't bother to help whatsoever. Finally I manage to pull out the chair and seat myself, as im trying to situate myself she immediately hands me the menu, while my hands are still full. Finally we are sitting and looking at the menu and our server didn't come over to greet us for about 10 minutes. He eventually comes over and takes our order. I saw him maybe twice throughout our 45 minute lunch. We told him we were in a rush and he was very slow and extremely hard to find. The staff wasn't helpful at all but I did enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robertobrandt67Dined on 7/5/2014We chose the LA Market because we occasionaly watch the TV Show "Hells Kitchen", and the 8th season winner Nona Sivley was to be the chef at this restaurant. We went without checking and found out she hasn't been there anymore for quite a while. Still, food and drinks where OK. Nothing special. Location is nice, and the overall experience was good.Special Features:
- PoorAnneDined on 7/2/2014We sat for quite some time before any wait staff acknowledged us. Then we finally were waited on. Dinner came and we had to ask for bread.....it just went down from there. The worst french onion soup I have ever had. A lot of fluff for poor quality. We are staying at the JW Marriott and the restaurant is in the hotel. They really should step it up a notch
- LA LiveWillEStyle3VIPDined on 6/22/2014This place has everything I like in a resteraunt good food, great location and excellent service. If you are ever in LA visiting and looking for something close to the Staple Center this would be the place I would recommend. It is in the JW Marriott but it is not your average hotel resteraunt.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/22/2014Overall the experience was very nice. Biggest downfall is that the menu that was on open table is a bit different from the one in the restaurant. I went specifically for one dish that was online and not served. the waiter told me they stopped serving that menu a year ago when I showed him the open table menu. Nice wine list!
- Perfect pan cakes!BolochitoDined on 6/15/2014Great coffee! Room was a little sunny! Sat in a back room that was a little darker But very nice! Hostess BiBi was very sweet! All the staff was nice! Perfect way to start Father's Day! Thank you! JW marriott! Will be back soon! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceitsmereenzDined on 6/11/2014overall good experience considering how busy the hotel and restaurants are with the e3 conferenceSpecial Features:
- Everything you want and expect!PrixFixeDined on 6/10/2014While attending a large conference, I made breakfast reservations for myself and my colleague to meet an important new business client. He showed up with two of his lieutenants. The restaurant staff the table for two extra places without missing a beat! The restaurant has an amazing breakfast buffet and simply outstanding service! My guests only had coffee and the server didn't even charge their coffees to the tab. If you want to have a wonderful business meeting, with superb staff and delicious food in a beautiful setting, this is it.Special Features:
- The following 496 reviews are from the LA Market Restaurant - The JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE reviews archive.
- Quiet with good atmosphereBrikeDined on 4/13/2014Limited menu, but everything we ordered was good. Prosciutto pizza with figs was interesting, French onion soup was great and angus burger was above average. Very good service and good place to catch dinner before a game at Staples centerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fig & prociutto pizza & LAhelensbdayDined on 4/12/2014Fig & prociutto pizza & LA Market salad are awesome, however, mac & cheese lacked flavor or personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal Customer, Very DisappointedjoebruinVIPDined on 3/21/2014I have been to La Market over 10 times. I simply loved the food and ambience. On this last occasion, I had an experience that will probably deter me from going back, for a long while. I was celebrating a birthday party with my co-workers. We had placed a very simple order. The order came out incorrect. This is very understandable, however, when we informed the served, he became very rude, in fact I would say aggressive, and blamed us for the mistakes! I have never been treated so poorly at a restaurant, especially at a Ritz Carlton.
- Need better servicedisappointedDined on 3/14/2014Regarding the reservation process: easy and very accessible through OpenTable mobile App. (Although, our first option for dinner - LA CHAPTER - didn't have reservation avail for that night, so we found the LA Market.) Restaurant ambience: it's beautiful and has nice decor. Noise level, so-so. Not a foodie experience. Our meal was very ordinary and nothing special. Wine list, I've seen better.. The iPad idea, I don't know... not a fan of that. Regarding service: very poor. We were dinning with friends we've not seen for years. We were totally thinking about giving them a nice downtown experience as there are so many places that have incredible food. But, unfortunately the night became a night of interruptions, rude and class zero service.
- Marriott at LA Live has it down!WallyDined on 3/11/2014What a great surrounding to relax and people watch while enjoying a nice glass of wine and a good meal. I recommend the chicken, served with a grain and grapes- lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for Valentines Day and had just an awesome experience. The food was great and if you have special someone I would recommend the L.A MARKET to you. Our server Paula was just the best. She always checked in with us to make sure that everything was going great. Thanks Paula and the staff at L.A MARKETSpecial Features:
- SO SOhunkDined on 2/14/2014The food was always good but the Valentine's menu was so so could have been better the lam could have been better should have ordered from the main menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA Market @ L.A. LivegreeneyesDined on 2/8/2014Great place to dine before an event at the Staples Center or Nokia Live. Great food, reasonable prices. Not jammed packed like the other eating establishments at L.A. Live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They could do betteratguruDined on 1/12/2014Spot is unbelievably nice, the food was pretty impressive for the most part, but the service was pretty bad. When I try to find a manager he was nowhere to be found! For some reason he kept going back to his office instead providing much-needed customer support out on the floor with a customers.Special Features:
- Always delicious dinningFoieGrasVIPDined on 1/5/2014I just dined here January 5, 2014 for brunch and that makes it four dines! The first time I had dinner here it was from the dine LA menu last year...however we did a add on and it was delicious and service amazing. Brunch was delicious the atmosphere was relaxing atmosphere, topped off with great service and food.The food tastes better because of the ambiance, the ingredients are top quality but it's still a bit pricey (but worth it overall). I love the fact that when they were out of the wine we ordered, they apologized and presented a better bottle. We had their burger, baked eggs and a waffle for dessert. LOVE! oh and a bellini and wine too! FYI-they have gorgeous house made baskets of breads, what a nice treat!Special Features:
- Simply BADNjoysDined on 12/31/2013Not tasty. Bad service. Uncooked food!! Un-chilled wine.... Never. Again.
- New Years Eve 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Great location next door to Nokia. I loved the New Years Eve Menu and the signiture Maritini was perfect, I will recommend this resturant to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burrata = YUM!bmchawkVIPDined on 12/17/2013Burrata and eggplant put together sounded a little odd, but I love burrata and couldn't say "no." The eggplant chutney that came with it made for the most delicious combination! If you're a fan of mozzarella and/or burrata, then get that appetizer! We also had the surf and turf lasagna, but I wasn't much of a fan. The pasta seemed a bit undercooked, and the seafood wasn't the freshest. It had been a long day, and I didn't want to prolong dinner and, therefore, did not send my entree back. Overall, a pretty good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great restaurant.slmtVIPDined on 12/16/2013This is a great restaurant. While we are aware that we were kind on the late side (8pm) and on a traditionally slow night (Monday), so the restaurant was fairly empty, we had excellent service. The food is excellent, as always. The bread basket was delicious and the food was well prepared. I would say that the price point is steep for what we ordered, but I would definitely consider going again for a special event.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!BrazilBabeVIPDined on 12/13/2013We had a Travelzoo voucher for dinner! We really enjoyed the food and the ambiance, great value for the voucher! Service was also great!Special Features:
- Great Foodsam1025Dined on 12/7/2013We enjoy our dinner at LA Market. The place was cozy and in the center of LA Live. Very Lively...Special Features:
- Flatbread pizza was a littlesmoochesVIPDined on 12/1/2013Flatbread pizza was a little lacking--too much crust and all the toppings piled in the middle. Fig and Proscuitto pizza was just ok. Ribeye (prime, bone-in) was delicious. It did have a sweet sause and herb butter that I don't reacall reading on the menu. I wasn't completely fond on the sweet sauce and the steak didn't necessarily need the butter as it was plenty tasty on its own. But, still a 5 star steak. Junk food platter was a lot of fun. I preferred the separate tiramisu dessert which its rich coffee reduction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/29/2013Great martinis . This time great & so festive. Good food. Awesome location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, Location, LocationMaxx1021VIPDined on 11/29/2013LA Market is definitely taking advantage of its location! Overpriced menu, both food and drink. I don't mind spending money for good food and drink but when its not good then it is just overpriced. It's my opinion that LA Market is just taking advantage of its location. The fact is that it is one of many go to restaurants at LA Live and they know the people will come. We did and will not make the same mistake in the future. Very unfortunate because the restaurant is beautiful, staff very helpful, and the location is great, now they just need to get the food to line up with the prices they are asking. When one pays 45 dollars for a steak it should be something like you would get at Ruth Chris or Morton's. I can not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- 1st time at LA Market RestaurantNtinoVIPDined on 11/26/2013My wife and I went with our two youngest children to celebrate our birthdays. We had a GREAT time. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere electric, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Tasty and healthy foodJCrulesDined on 11/26/2013Loved the edamame, artichokes. Chicken jadori was terrific. Ginger beer based cocktail was awesome. Completely full and satisfied.convenient to staples!Special Features:
- The food was good, serviceNickoDined on 11/23/2013The food was good, service was great, would go back there again.Special Features:
- Lunch prices have gotten reallyKingfisherVIPDined on 11/15/2013Lunch prices have gotten really high. Service was awful - waitress knew nothing about the menu, returned incorrect change from our check, took forever to bring food.Special Features: