348 Dyckman St.
New York, NY 10034Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lamarinanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 567-6300x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday, 12pm-12am. 12pm-3pm is Brunch
Happy Hour: 4PM - 7PM, Weds & Thurs
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Kelvin Fernandez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is done in-house.
- Entertainment: Live music and DJ’s. See our calendar on our homepage at lamarinaNYC.com for details and times.
- Special Events: La Marina is the perfect location to host your private event! For details or a tour around the premises, please call us at (212) 567-6300 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: (at the Hudson River)
- Public Transit: Dyckman Street stop on the A Line. We also offer private car/van service for parties and events. Please inquire by calling us.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public Lot and Valet Parking. Valet Parking is free of charge Monday through Thursday only.
A word from La Marina
Dyckman Marina has been a vital part of upper Manhattan's unique waterfront culture for more than two centuries. The newly rebuilt restaurant, bar, lounge and events space covers more than 75,000 square feet of Hudson River waterfront in Upper Manhattan. A short walk from the A-train, La Marina is the ideal spot in NYC to enjoy cocktails at sunset, to hop off your bike for a break, to host your event, or to enjoy a romantic, moonlit dinner for two. We're also walking distance from the Cloisters. With stunning river views, dining at La Marina is an "out of city" experience. Taste fresh-shucked oysters from 'Geppetto', the classic raw-bar boat, sample our famous Chicken Lollipops, crack open a fresh grilled lobster, or dig into a steak with a side of shishito peppers, both charred to perfection.Continued
Executive Chef: Armando Avila
Executive Chef: Armando Avila
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (210)great for outdoor dining (196)romantic (136)special occasion (124)good for groups (120)hot spot (120)vibrant bar scene (113)neighborhood gem (82)great for brunch (74)late-night find (69)great for lunch (49)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (11)Show More
- Great place all round.DTdinerDined on 10/10/2014Food was great and the level of service was just perfect. They took time, so not over rushed, but not too slow. Waiters are friendly and attentive. The live music was a bit noisy and could be toned down to create a better atmosphere. View is amazing and well worth a visit in any season. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Lot's Of FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Nice respite from NYC environment. Feel like on vacation. Limited menu. Great drinksSpecial Features:
- Th ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Summer or winter you cant beat that nighttime view. The menu is simple but adequate.The servers are friendly and helpful the music added the right touch . You have to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went to La Marina for our 10th Anniversary! The food was delicious! The view was unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Was Great.MelPDined on 10/1/2014The service at La Marina was great, no complaints whatsoever. Our waiter was very polite, friendly and very attentive. Everyone from the bartenders to the bus boys were very polite and friendly. The food was good although nothing really stood out. Desert was delicious, we had the flambe which came with a mini show by our waiter. The view from this place is beautiful, you have a perfect unobstructed view of the GWB and a serene lake. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- La MarinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014La Marina is an incredible location with the Hudson River flowing by. Incredible views of the GW Bridge and Palisades and there is no other location closer to this beauty than this restaurant. I went early on a Sunday evening and it was hopping. It had a good energy but my biggest complaint was that the music was too loud for those who just wanted to dine and enjoy the view. I still enjoyed the view despite the loud music but if it were any other restaurant I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. I will be going back to this place a lot but most likely on a weekday.Special Features:
- very slow servicelupeDined on 9/28/2014I want this place to do better...at one point, no one out on the patio/deck had any meals served. they brought out a shareable snack for each table and then it was still a while before the food came out. brunch drinks are pricey but the view is pretty great. its nice to sit outside but being inside is not so bad either since they have wide open views. the kitchen and the staff could be faster and then I think it would be a pretty good place!Special Features:
- Long wait for first rate food.CityWomanDined on 9/28/2014The Hudson River view was spectacular, the breeze was delightful, and the shrimp salad, burger, and French toast were all delicious - when we finally got them -more than an hour and 20 minutes after we were seated. From time to time were told "soon" and "not more than 8 miutes." That didn't happen. Nothing was offered - not even bread - until we asked for something to eat - about an hour after we got there. Then we got plantain chips. (No salsa, if I remember correctly.) When still more time went by, and we spoke to to the manager, we got a fruit plate, which you comped.Special Features:
- is not a good place for big partyAlexDined on 9/27/2014We order appetizer took 45,minute , hosting team horrible .bad servicesSpecial Features:
- Great day at La MarinaLynnDined on 9/27/2014I had a 7 pm reservation on 9/27/14 and witnessed a fantastic view of the bridge with a lovely sunset. We were 3 baby boomers in a young trendy busy environment. We sat inside and the weather was warm outside, so the glass window partitions were open and allowed an outdoor dining experience under the roof. The food list was somewhat limited, they ran out of 2 of my selections, the quality was mediocre and the drinks were pricey. After eating my group went outside and danced to R&B, Latin, and Hip hop tunes by the DJ. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Awesome waterfrontsvefabDined on 9/27/2014Good food, spectacular view of the GWB and the Hudson river. A great place to dine outside, especially in summer. Special flambé was outstanding.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Absolutely can't wait to go back. Lobster roll very fresh. Service was outstanding. Had 2 servers working front and back end of section as to make sure you didn't want for anything. Jammed with the DJ and certainly enjoyed the fabulous scenic view of the Hudson. A bit of a travel, but so worth it !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICEFoodieDined on 9/24/2014We were late to our reservation and the hostess was soo nice and accommodating! She held our lounge area and had the wait staff come over right away so we would not miss out on the kitchen food. The atmosphere was sooo cool and the views were amazing. We went at night but would love to go back during the day!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014It has beautiful views. Outdoor scene is nice and bar is good. I wasn't crazy about the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tippitoppingtonDined on 9/20/2014Just moved to Inwood from DC, I was not expecting to find this spot 2 minutes from my home. The food was great, got there right in time to catch the sunset. Excellent service! GW bridge in the distance. I can't believe this is NYC. A little pricey, so we'll save this for special occasions.Special Features:
- good.great2dDined on 9/20/2014Too small if menu. Should add a dish containing crab. Place is beautiful and the food was good if thats wat you like. Dont think ill go back ,only because im not crazy over the menu. Sometimes trying to go exquisite, is not good. I might go back only for drinks,the place is really nice and the peaple are great.but to eat .i wont go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Had a great time, food came fast. Service was great, drinks was good. No complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingElaineDined on 9/19/2014We went to La Marina for dinner to celebrate my friends birthday. I had been there twice before but had never eaten there. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by warm smiley faces. The bartenders were super friendly and entertaining. The food and service at the restaurant were both stellar. Ernesto & Danny did an amazing job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corollaDined on 9/18/2014if anyone wants to hear my opinion i am happy to share sit with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the viewFoodGoddessDined on 9/14/2014The view was amazing...Hudson River, George Washington Bridge, and the green landscape on the other side of the river. A great place to eat. Staff was very accommodating and the food was good. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedsashaDined on 9/14/2014Unfortunately our group of 7 collectively couldn't come up with something positive or memorable to share except the view.The brunch menu is very limited.No started or appetizers.Cinsidering the long wait for entrees they should consider adding a few. The servers were sloppy in appearance, not customer service oriented.We ordered toast and it took 3 reminders and 45 minutes to actually get bread not toast.The food took over 1 hr and it was barely lukewarm.The steak was flavorless on its own, so thankfully the chimmichurri made it edible.The prices for what they give you are moderate more in the expensive side.I won't be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceCJDSDined on 9/13/2014This was our last visit here. The service had never been good, this time it was just ridiculous. Usually the food and view make up for the issues and we made a reservation though it's never necessary, this Saturday there were only 4 tables seated. There were twice as many servers milling around as there were customers seated, and it still took 10 minutes to get menus. We ordered drinks, wine, a moscow mule and a margarita. 10 minutes later we got them, wrong wine, they were out of the moscow mix and the margarita was gross. Ordered a vodka-soda instead and they bring a glass of vodka and separate glass of soda, WTH. Steak was cold, calamari salad was soggy and the whole experience was a mess, we couldn't get out of there fast enough.
- Horrendous ExperienceNightmareDined on 9/12/2014First of all when we arrived at La Marina the host was very rude and unprofessional. We were a party of 6 two of my guest were running late, and we wanted to be seated and start ordering. she told us that we couldn't until the party was all together she told us to stand by the bar until the party was complete.We understand there is policy and rules that the employee has to go by but they should always accommodate your guests. Place is Beautiful to hang out but the staff is very unprofessional as we were leaving the host that was there put her arms up in the air and screamed out finally they are all leaving and i can go home now.I told her thats how you treat your guest when they leave.Special Features:
- Hubby's BirthdayMSLEEDined on 9/12/2014I planned a Dinner/Birthday Celebration for my Husband's Birthday. This was his first time at La Marina and he had a grand time. Our friends joined us for celebration after dinner and we all had a blast. The drinks were good and the music was too. I would definitely recommend La Marina for a place to have a clean, fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large spaceso2muchVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a very large restaurant, with a good location; BUT, I'd love to give them some decorating ideas! However, the white/tan dress of the staff was very refreshing (from the usual black), and quite aproposSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corollaDined on 9/8/2014i have alreadywritten to the manager expressing my enjoyment of La MarinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I celebrated my birthday at La Marina and had the best time ever.The atmosphere was vibrant and the service was great.My boyfriend named it our SPOT lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but I won't returnFoodiegirl14Dined on 9/7/2014We were visiting NY for our honeymoon. This place was a recommended date spot. We waited all day to eat there and we were still starving when we left as the portion sizes were small & bland. We went late in the evening and there was a party going on in the beach lounge portion. The music was super loud and seemed to compete with the music in the restaurant. We could barely have a conversation. Our bill was $90 for 2 entrees and 2 glasses of wine. Plus the cost of transportation to and from. What a waste! The only think great was the view of the George Washington Bridge and the Hudson River.Special Features:
- nickyDined on 9/7/2014I had la marina burger it was really good. It was a great view. The vibe was good as well and the service was okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This was my first time dining here. It may be my last. The service wasn't the best. On the flip side, the view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Awesome view, Service meh...SunchicDined on 9/7/2014I keep going back to La Marina for the view... Each visit has the same food issues - something is always off on at least one of the plates brought out. And the service could be friendlier. The earlier in the day, the better... Nighttime on a Friday night has the worst vibe you could wish for in service - full of attitude and lack of professionalism. I would never go back there hungry or for a good meal. I only go for brunch on the weekend. When they get the latte right, it's delicious and you can't beat the view. They can keep the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedwhammyDined on 9/6/2014Sadly underwhelmed. Always a fan of chef kelvin and was looking forward to see where he has taken his talents. Unfortunately, bland is the only way to describe my choices. Blackened salmon, corn soup, chicken lollipops, and calamari, all underwhelming.Special Features:
- great outdoorspiccigatoVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had an early dinner there on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and service was friendly, a manager came by to check on us, just to see if all went well. Food was good, my husband enjoyed his tuna tartar appetizer and Jambalaya. I had a hamburger which was cooked to my liking. I would not recommend the cocktail "cosmopolitan uptown", that was a perfumed overly sweet and really quite bad tasting concoction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile localeBKcynicDined on 9/6/2014I've been to La Marina for a night event, and visiting in the daytime is completely different. It's not as noisy and caters to a less pretentious crowd, but still maintains their strengths. The view is breathtaking and can be appreciated more in daylight, food was great, drinks were strong. Service was great for the most part. I will definitely be back especially since I was informed they'll be open for the winter as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Gem of a RestaurantILoveGoodFoodDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful and Romantic setting! La Marina has a section for every type of evening: The restaurant (indoor & outdoor), the relaxing outdoor sitting area with music, and a hang out by the bar area. I definitely recommend visiting La Marina before it gets too cold out!Special Features:
- Excellent location !!!Cuto163Dined on 9/5/2014Location is fabulous and beautiful site. Food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it! Jeremy was excellent!naynayDined on 9/4/2014Great place to dine! Food great, sangria great, wait staff. (Jeremy) great! Nice scene music and service! LOVED IT! Not to pricey either. Nice date, brunch, relaxing spot. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDED!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewnewbieReviewnewbieDined on 9/4/2014The most beautiful restaurant/lounge space in New York and my new favorite place.Special Features:
- Good View, That's It.calvinball3Dined on 9/2/2014This is a great place to sit outside and enjoy the view over the hudson, we were also drawn because we could dock our boat for the evening while we ate. The dock attendant was friendly and accommodating but the rest was a bad experience. The service was slow (5 min wait to speak with the hostess even though there were 7-8 other waiters who passed by and didn't say a word to us), the bar didn't have a blender to make a frozen pina colada, the food was bad and it was expensive. For less money, we could've had an excellent meal and wine at X20 in Yonkers.Special Features:
- Great view, good foodkreutzbearDined on 8/31/2014If you want to party down on a holidy weekend on the Hudson river this is the place to be. La Marina has a real "gangsta" feel to it from the police van parked out front to the multiple levels of security as you wend your way though the "cattle chutes", but once inside (or outside as I'll get to in a minute) it is a totally cool, happening urban scene. This Labor Day was my wife's and my first time here and we chose to dine on the deck, which is right on the river. The views were spectacular but the music was too loud for our taste. Given that it was the holiday weekend, however, we'll give that a pass. There's a new chef so forget the negative kitchen reviews. We had the filet mignon, which was excellent, as was the house wine. ****Special Features: