348 Dyckman St.
New York, NY 10034Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lamarinanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 567-6300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner hours: 4PM - 11PM, Monday - Thursday; 4PM - 1AM, Friday - Sunday
Brunch hours: 12PM - 4PM, Saturday & Sunday
Happy Hour: 4PM - 7PM, Weekdays
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Armando Avila
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is done in-house.
- Entertainment: Live music and DJ’s. See our calendar on our homepage at lamarinaNYC.com for details and times.
- Special Events: La Marina is the perfect location to host your private event! For details or a tour around the premises, please call us at (212) 567-6300 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Cross Street: (at the Hudson River)
- Public Transit: Dyckman Street stop on the A Line. We also offer private car/van service for parties and events. Please inquire by calling us.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public Lot and Valet Parking. Valet Parking is free of charge Monday through Thursday only.
A word from La Marina
Dyckman Marina has been a vital part of upper Manhattan's unique waterfront culture for more than two centuries. The newly rebuilt restaurant, bar, lounge and events space covers more than 75,000 square feet of Hudson River waterfront in Upper Manhattan. A short walk from the A-train, La Marina is the ideal spot in NYC to enjoy cocktails at sunset, to hop off your bike for a break, to host your event, or to enjoy a romantic, moonlit dinner for two. We're also walking distance from the Cloisters. With stunning river views, dining at La Marina is an "out of city" experience. Taste fresh-shucked oysters from 'Geppetto', the classic raw-bar boat, sample our famous Chicken Lollipops, crack open a fresh grilled lobster, or dig into a steak with a side of shishito peppers, both charred to perfection.Continued
Executive Chef: Armando Avila
Executive Chef: Armando Avila
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
342 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (270)great for outdoor dining (249)romantic (163)hot spot (157)vibrant bar scene (152)special occasion (151)good for groups (151)neighborhood gem (108)great for brunch (100)late-night find (87)great for lunch (59)kid-friendly (32)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (14)Show More
- It's all about the viewFoodGoddessDined on 9/14/2014The view was amazing...Hudson River, George Washington Bridge, and the green landscape on the other side of the river. A great place to eat. Staff was very accommodating and the food was good. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedsashaDined on 9/14/2014Unfortunately our group of 7 collectively couldn't come up with something positive or memorable to share except the view.The brunch menu is very limited.No started or appetizers.Cinsidering the long wait for entrees they should consider adding a few. The servers were sloppy in appearance, not customer service oriented.We ordered toast and it took 3 reminders and 45 minutes to actually get bread not toast.The food took over 1 hr and it was barely lukewarm.The steak was flavorless on its own, so thankfully the chimmichurri made it edible.The prices for what they give you are moderate more in the expensive side.I won't be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceCJDSDined on 9/13/2014This was our last visit here. The service had never been good, this time it was just ridiculous. Usually the food and view make up for the issues and we made a reservation though it's never necessary, this Saturday there were only 4 tables seated. There were twice as many servers milling around as there were customers seated, and it still took 10 minutes to get menus. We ordered drinks, wine, a moscow mule and a margarita. 10 minutes later we got them, wrong wine, they were out of the moscow mix and the margarita was gross. Ordered a vodka-soda instead and they bring a glass of vodka and separate glass of soda, WTH. Steak was cold, calamari salad was soggy and the whole experience was a mess, we couldn't get out of there fast enough.
- Horrendous ExperienceNightmareDined on 9/12/2014First of all when we arrived at La Marina the host was very rude and unprofessional. We were a party of 6 two of my guest were running late, and we wanted to be seated and start ordering. she told us that we couldn't until the party was all together she told us to stand by the bar until the party was complete.We understand there is policy and rules that the employee has to go by but they should always accommodate your guests. Place is Beautiful to hang out but the staff is very unprofessional as we were leaving the host that was there put her arms up in the air and screamed out finally they are all leaving and i can go home now.I told her thats how you treat your guest when they leave.Special Features:
- corollaDined on 9/8/2014i have alreadywritten to the manager expressing my enjoyment of La MarinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I celebrated my birthday at La Marina and had the best time ever.The atmosphere was vibrant and the service was great.My boyfriend named it our SPOT lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but I won't returnFoodiegirl14Dined on 9/7/2014We were visiting NY for our honeymoon. This place was a recommended date spot. We waited all day to eat there and we were still starving when we left as the portion sizes were small & bland. We went late in the evening and there was a party going on in the beach lounge portion. The music was super loud and seemed to compete with the music in the restaurant. We could barely have a conversation. Our bill was $90 for 2 entrees and 2 glasses of wine. Plus the cost of transportation to and from. What a waste! The only think great was the view of the George Washington Bridge and the Hudson River.Special Features:
- nickyDined on 9/7/2014I had la marina burger it was really good. It was a great view. The vibe was good as well and the service was okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This was my first time dining here. It may be my last. The service wasn't the best. On the flip side, the view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Awesome view, Service meh...SunchicDined on 9/7/2014I keep going back to La Marina for the view... Each visit has the same food issues - something is always off on at least one of the plates brought out. And the service could be friendlier. The earlier in the day, the better... Nighttime on a Friday night has the worst vibe you could wish for in service - full of attitude and lack of professionalism. I would never go back there hungry or for a good meal. I only go for brunch on the weekend. When they get the latte right, it's delicious and you can't beat the view. They can keep the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedwhammyDined on 9/6/2014Sadly underwhelmed. Always a fan of chef kelvin and was looking forward to see where he has taken his talents. Unfortunately, bland is the only way to describe my choices. Blackened salmon, corn soup, chicken lollipops, and calamari, all underwhelming.Special Features:
- great outdoorspiccigatoVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had an early dinner there on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and service was friendly, a manager came by to check on us, just to see if all went well. Food was good, my husband enjoyed his tuna tartar appetizer and Jambalaya. I had a hamburger which was cooked to my liking. I would not recommend the cocktail "cosmopolitan uptown", that was a perfumed overly sweet and really quite bad tasting concoction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile localeBKcynicDined on 9/6/2014I've been to La Marina for a night event, and visiting in the daytime is completely different. It's not as noisy and caters to a less pretentious crowd, but still maintains their strengths. The view is breathtaking and can be appreciated more in daylight, food was great, drinks were strong. Service was great for the most part. I will definitely be back especially since I was informed they'll be open for the winter as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Gem of a RestaurantILoveGoodFoodDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful and Romantic setting! La Marina has a section for every type of evening: The restaurant (indoor & outdoor), the relaxing outdoor sitting area with music, and a hang out by the bar area. I definitely recommend visiting La Marina before it gets too cold out!Special Features:
- Excellent location !!!Cuto163Dined on 9/5/2014Location is fabulous and beautiful site. Food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it! Jeremy was excellent!naynayDined on 9/4/2014Great place to dine! Food great, sangria great, wait staff. (Jeremy) great! Nice scene music and service! LOVED IT! Not to pricey either. Nice date, brunch, relaxing spot. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDED!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewnewbieReviewnewbieDined on 9/4/2014The most beautiful restaurant/lounge space in New York and my new favorite place.Special Features:
- Good View, That's It.calvinball3Dined on 9/2/2014This is a great place to sit outside and enjoy the view over the hudson, we were also drawn because we could dock our boat for the evening while we ate. The dock attendant was friendly and accommodating but the rest was a bad experience. The service was slow (5 min wait to speak with the hostess even though there were 7-8 other waiters who passed by and didn't say a word to us), the bar didn't have a blender to make a frozen pina colada, the food was bad and it was expensive. For less money, we could've had an excellent meal and wine at X20 in Yonkers.Special Features:
- Great view, good foodkreutzbearDined on 8/31/2014If you want to party down on a holidy weekend on the Hudson river this is the place to be. La Marina has a real "gangsta" feel to it from the police van parked out front to the multiple levels of security as you wend your way though the "cattle chutes", but once inside (or outside as I'll get to in a minute) it is a totally cool, happening urban scene. This Labor Day was my wife's and my first time here and we chose to dine on the deck, which is right on the river. The views were spectacular but the music was too loud for our taste. Given that it was the holiday weekend, however, we'll give that a pass. There's a new chef so forget the negative kitchen reviews. We had the filet mignon, which was excellent, as was the house wine. ****Special Features:
- We pay for the view.LizzyDined on 8/31/2014I wasn't impressed with the food or service. The food was ok but nothing special. A brunch cocktail was $12. The service wasn't the best and tip was included on our bill. I understand that tip must be included at time such as for large groups but it was only 3 of us. We didn't feel like the service deserved that much tip. We basically paid for the view. It was my first time at La Marina and I doubt I will go back.Special Features:
- Loved it!troylorenDined on 8/30/2014The food and service were great. I know next time to purchase a wristband to be admitted into the beach area. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerBKHouseDined on 8/30/2014It was my wife and I first time at La Marina. I had taken her there for her birthday. Though we were late for our reservation (waiting for wife) the staff was cordial and advised us that they would text me when the next table was available. We went to the bar to have a drink. I recommend the Tropical Rum Punch pitcher(3 types of rum inside a keepsake pitcher). Anyway the wait was not long for the table and the food was filling. Service was great and they sang "Happy Birthday" to my wife with a (delicious cheese cake)...though there were like 12 more birthdays in there also. Overall, our experience there was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDotBDined on 8/30/2014The view is lovely. A great find on the upper west side. We were able to take the subway. Our food was very good. Plantains instead of bread I had the peach grilled salad as an appetizer. We both had beef cooked as ordered. The wine my husband chose was delicious. They gave us complimentary dessert . I particularly liked the coconut flan. There was a beer festival and the music at times was distracting . I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Service good/ view spectacularHudsonboaterDined on 8/30/2014Food ok- but come for drinks, view & friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service at BrunchPickyeater43Dined on 8/30/2014We ordered shortly after being seated. I ordered a Bloody Mary and my companions had coffee. Their coffee arrived and my Bloody Mary never came. The waiter never apologized for forgetting the order. I finally pointed it out 1 hour later when I cancelled it. We waited 1 and half hours approximately to receive our food. We saw other tables being seated and receiving their orders before ours. The waiter never checked on us or returned to our table to say the food was on its way out. This place is beautiful but awful awful service that takes away from what could have been a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- luv2partyDined on 8/29/2014The food service was horrible waited almost one hour and a half. I had another table resevered and the waitress didn't even sit them down once they were seated another may lay with a long gray summer dress with white heels made them get up from the table. They were about to order there food. You guy have very bad waitress and busboy working need to train them again. Never going back to this place againSpecial Features:
- BEWARE of Rodents OutsideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Took my fiancee to La Marina for his birthday. The ambiance, energy and scenic view of the George Washington Bridge was absolutely wonderful. However, we were seated at edge of the window where there is a walkway that overlooks the water and to my surprise a RAT was running around!!! I figure where there is one there's more. Actually, the rat could have run right into the restaurant. It makes you wonder what's going on in the kitchen? I asked the waiter to move us and he did so without question. Other than that problem, I really enjoyed this spot! Will I go back? Yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great location and very good food. The menu was a little limited for vegetarians.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedBooneyBooDined on 8/29/2014This was my first time venturing out to this talked about hot spot, however I was slightly disappointed in the food. The decor was lovely and the service was fair, which substituted for the lack of good tasting food. I will give this venue second chance to alter my current review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewSamBellaDined on 8/29/2014LaMarina is a really great spot to meet up with friends or a nice date nite. the scenic view is wonderful. They have a very limited bar menu for the outside seating by the water, which leaves a lot to be desired. But the restaurant food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not as expectedNeveragainDined on 8/29/2014No flavor and dry. Steak was tough and chicken was blandSpecial Features:
- Awesome service will mostly return.meeatfoodDined on 8/29/2014Great Brussel sprouts! Awesome burger! Service with a smile and professional attention to detail. Most beautiful scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I wanna pay for food not for the view!!Food was way over priced and waiters couldn't wait to take your plate away with still food on it.Special Features:
- PriceyFoodieDined on 8/28/2014The view is very nice.Gratuity is automatically added to your bill from a percentage, so beware because the waitress will try to keep adding items to your bill to increase their automatic view. The food is served in small portions, and is mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningluvdininginNYCDined on 8/28/2014It was me and my husband first time at La Marina we where impressed as soon as we walked thru the doors. It was my husband 47th birthday and the waiters did a Awesome job helping me put the finishing touch to end his day. Will be back with friend for sure next summer.Special Features:
- Location, Location, LocationDianeDined on 8/26/2014It's all about the location....not the food! Amazing views, pleasant atmosphere....not overly crowded.....relaxing, yet vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary dinnerpickyeaterDined on 8/26/2014one of the most beautiful venues in NYC, with the feeling that you are on the Hudson River itself. We ate one of the best fish meals we've had in ages, with congenial servers and prices that were not exorbitant. The music was a bit loud, but since we were outside, it wasn't overwhelming. Dessert was delightful.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant/BarSmileyDined on 8/24/2014Great and vibrant restaurant. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Great for outdoor dining. Very lovely and fun on a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time..MrTexDined on 8/24/2014Went with my wife really enjoy the skirt steak I had and my wife enjoy her salmon. The night life was good a lil on the crowded side,but we enjoy the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014I can't say the wait service was bad as our waitress was great but the hostess left a lot to be desired. The place was extremely loud for a Sunday and although it wasn't what I expected I was willing to give it a shot but the lack of accommodation bothered me. Great spot for single folk but certainly not a family spot.Special Features: