348 Dyckman St.
New York, NY 10034Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lamarinanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 567-6300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner hours: 4PM - 11PM, Monday - Thursday; 4PM - 1AM, Friday - Sunday
Brunch hours: 12PM - 4PM, Saturday & Sunday
Happy Hour: 4PM - 7PM, Weekdays
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Armando Avila
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is done in-house.
- Entertainment: Live music and DJ’s. See our calendar on our homepage at lamarinaNYC.com for details and times.
- Special Events: La Marina is the perfect location to host your private event! For details or a tour around the premises, please call us at (212) 567-6300 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: (at the Hudson River)
- Public Transit: Dyckman Street stop on the A Line. We also offer private car/van service for parties and events. Please inquire by calling us.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public Lot and Valet Parking. Valet Parking is free of charge Monday through Thursday only.
A word from La Marina
Dyckman Marina has been a vital part of upper Manhattan's unique waterfront culture for more than two centuries. The newly rebuilt restaurant, bar, lounge and events space covers more than 75,000 square feet of Hudson River waterfront in Upper Manhattan. A short walk from the A-train, La Marina is the ideal spot in NYC to enjoy cocktails at sunset, to hop off your bike for a break, to host your event, or to enjoy a romantic, moonlit dinner for two. We're also walking distance from the Cloisters. With stunning river views, dining at La Marina is an "out of city" experience. Taste fresh-shucked oysters from 'Geppetto', the classic raw-bar boat, sample our famous Chicken Lollipops, crack open a fresh grilled lobster, or dig into a steak with a side of shishito peppers, both charred to perfection.Continued
Executive Chef: Armando Avila
Executive Chef: Armando Avila
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (249)great for outdoor dining (231)romantic (153)vibrant bar scene (148)hot spot (147)special occasion (147)good for groups (142)neighborhood gem (105)great for brunch (96)late-night find (85)great for lunch (57)kid-friendly (35)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (13)Show More
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service were great. I know next time to purchase a wristband to be admitted into the beach area. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food service was horrible waited almost one hour and a half. I had another table resevered and the waitress didn't even sit them down once they were seated another may lay with a long gray summer dress with white heels made them get up from the table. They were about to order there food. You guy have very bad waitress and busboy working need to train them again. Never going back to this place againSpecial Features:
- Super locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great location and very good food. The menu was a little limited for vegetarians.Special Features:
- Food was not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014No flavor and dry. Steak was tough and chicken was blandSpecial Features:
- Awesome service will mostly return.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Great Brussel sprouts! Awesome burger! Service with a smile and professional attention to detail. Most beautiful scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I wanna pay for food not for the view!!Food was way over priced and waiters couldn't wait to take your plate away with still food on it.Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014The view is very nice.Gratuity is automatically added to your bill from a percentage, so beware because the waitress will try to keep adding items to your bill to increase their automatic view. The food is served in small portions, and is mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014one of the most beautiful venues in NYC, with the feeling that you are on the Hudson River itself. We ate one of the best fish meals we've had in ages, with congenial servers and prices that were not exorbitant. The music was a bit loud, but since we were outside, it wasn't overwhelming. Dessert was delightful.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant/BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Great and vibrant restaurant. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Great for outdoor dining. Very lovely and fun on a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time..MrTexDined on 8/24/2014Went with my wife really enjoy the skirt steak I had and my wife enjoy her salmon. The night life was good a lil on the crowded side,but we enjoy the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014I can't say the wait service was bad as our waitress was great but the hostess left a lot to be desired. The place was extremely loud for a Sunday and although it wasn't what I expected I was willing to give it a shot but the lack of accommodation bothered me. Great spot for single folk but certainly not a family spot.Special Features:
- A must seeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I had a great experience there and the food was magnificent. There was a nice crowd of beautiful people and I look forward to seeing the night life. All must experience at least one time but it wont be the last, I'm sure of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingCityWomanDined on 8/24/2014Two of us had lbster rolls and dessert for Sunday Brunch were both well prepared, generous, but not to the point of turning off your appetite; altogether delicious. The service was good, the viiew and ambience outstanding. We'd requested a table close to the water and got it. (we arrived at noon - just when they opened) We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Like paradise, except the "music"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This is one of my favorite sunset spots. Great H. Hour and beautiful views! This was my first weekend night experience. It was like "the hood" from the outset. First, the vigorous search, frisking and security at the gate. Bad element before? The horrible, ridiculously loud thumping Latin DJ music was deafening and destroyed the lovely atmosphere that I am used to here. We tried desperately to get away from the noise (my suggestion is that they turn off the speakers out on the terrace over the water, which is a long way from the bar/patio), but to no avail. Our table was great & right on the water, the service & food excellent, but the constant thump and noise made a great and delicious meal in a dreamy setting almost unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014If you like your hot food cold, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The experience at this restaurant was OK, close to mediocre. Had two waiters, one was great, the other lack attention to detail and we didn't see her til she brought the check to us at the end of our meal. Another thing, check your credit card statement, unless you are paying with cash. I had two different charges, both different amounts on my credit card by La Marina Restaurant. Also, they charge $20 for valet parking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014There was no reason to have music at defining decibels in middle if afternoon. We all left with a headache.Special Features:
- My La Marina VisitilikesteakandhennyDined on 8/22/2014Very delightful to the eye and stomach I would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last social event for summerUnknownNYCDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was view was amazing, getting there from the city was not bad. Here is the bad points - the service was bad our dinner took about 30 - 40 minutes to arrive. Our waiter mixed up our drinks badly. Trying to convince my friend that the drink she order was correct. FYI...the bar outside is better then inside. Inside is the worst. Back to food...because I was straving...I ate what was given to me. The food was so salt beyond words. I had high expectations, and they fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Time At La MarinaStephNVIPDined on 8/22/2014La Marina has a beautiful scenic view, along with a friendly staff and delicious food. Our waiter (Eduardo) was friendly, polite, professional and attentive. He was great and I would definitely ask for him again. The food was amazing and delicious. Executive Chef Kelvin Fernandez and his team consistently outdo themselves in terms of preparation, presentation and taste. The food leaves you wanting to go back and have some more (like the truffle mac and cheese!) or go back until you've tried everything. The mix of scenery, customer service and food makes La Marina a very special place that everyone should check out and experience.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I am assuming our food was bad because it was ten o'clock and I think maybe the kitchen got lazy. Not sure but our burgers which we asked for well done were like hockey pucks and the bread was hard as well. The menu is very limited as well. Honesty I should have complained then and received a discount on food. I was very disappointed especially since I brought five people from out of town and this country to experience it.Special Features:
- Awful service, terrible food,Chica17Dined on 8/20/2014We went to La Marina on a Wednesday night to hear the Cuban band that was advertised on their website. We knew that the food was terrible (and it really is). We knew the service was awful (and it is worse than terrible they are inexperienced and have no clue about anything on the menu). The band was supposed to start playing at 8pm. By 8:30pm still no band. We asked the waitress a couple of times why there was no band and she had no idea. Finally, around 9:30pm the manager came by after another waiter went up to him and asked. We never got an answer as to why there was no band as advertised. He said a Brazilian woman would sing later. Overall, a great place to go for the view. But don't eat there and don't expect anyone to know anythinSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch Done Right!MattVIPDined on 8/17/2014I went to La Marina for brunch with a friend from out of town. This place is a gem for brunch! The food portions are perfectly sized and the staff was very attentive to our needs. My friend got the Eggs Benedict and said they were fantastic with homemade Hollandaise sauce. I got the French Toast, which was light & fluffy Challah bread with fresh berries and a great whipped cream. For brunch, I recommend booking a table at 12PM for right when they open. It's not crowded and you can really enjoy the scenery with a table right on the railing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girlz saturday night!!JovannaDined on 8/16/2014Made a reservation to follow a great chef that just recently started working there. Great girls night out, food was amazing and the mojita was just perfect!!! Lil loud, so if u are on a date take the outside table. After dinner you could always stay by the bar to party, but it gets crazy crowed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the party not for diningOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/16/2014It was a lot of effort into this place after dealing with traffic and limited parking. DO NOT DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE TO! After getting to the restaurant, we were seated at a great table with a wonderful view. We met our waiter and he told us that he and another waitress (he pointed to) will both be taking care of us. Unfortunately, the waitress was not aware of that because when we left, she passed us about 5 times and he was gone for about 15 mins. We finally saw him, asked him for drinks and he was surprised to find that the his partner never came to the table. We waited for everything we ordered (including ice tea). With the view, I would have been ok with the average food but the service was just so so bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is great and the food was good. The dessert serving of the flan could have been a little bigger. The parking is terrible we waited 20 mins for valet to park us. They need a different valet company. The views are great. The place is fun and the music is fab.Special Features:
- Great viewRmb1670Dined on 8/14/2014If your looking for an outdoor place in NYC then La Marina is the place.. It's spacious, great for group outing and the cocktails are powerful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best views in upper ManhattanKai1Dined on 8/13/2014We went on a Wednesday. Music was a little top loud in bar area, but once we were seated the noise level was better. The bar area is more Club like, where the dining area is reminiscent of large fine dining venues in cities with lower cost per foot. Very open area with breezes coming of the Hudson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden ParadiseParadiseDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I choose to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary at La Marina because of it's beautiful atmosphere and location near the water. The waiter was very attentive and I informed us about the an appetizer the chef had prepare that day. Overall I enjoyed my meal and the ambience of the restuarant .Special Features:
- Right There!RTSeatsDined on 8/11/2014La Marina continues to improve and is now one of the finest bar/restaurant spots ALL the way uptown. Few can compare. Ambiance is close to perfection and when the weather cooperates, can't be beat. Food is also quite fine. A bit of a restricted menu but that probably helps keep quality high and regulars know what to expect and are satisfied. It's great to have a spot like this uptown so going downtown is a choice, not a necessity. THUMBS way up. La Marina is Right There!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicegoodbillhuntingDined on 8/10/2014Besides the great location on the water in Manhattan which is unusual in itself, the open air roominess of the indoor dining room is a great selling point. However, the most impressive attribute of La Marina is the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. An excellent experience overall.Special Features:
- My wife LOVED it!uptownsergeDined on 8/9/2014We went to La Marina to celebrate my wife's birthday and she LOVED it! The food was very good, the desserts were fantastic! Great ambiance & feel throughout the place. I would highly recommend a visit to celebrate a special occasion or someplace just to hang out. Be prepared to drive around for some time to look for parking...unless you show up earlier. FYI - My wife already wants to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a birthday to rememberTeresaDined on 8/9/2014I have to say I read a lot of reviews that didn't like the food. I have to say I was nicely surprised. The food was tasty and the service was good. All in all we will be back. Nice to have a place to go and sit by the water and enjoy a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautyWeekendDined on 8/9/2014The ambience and décor was excellent - drinks were good. French toast was excellent!Special Features:
- Great SpotJayPDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed my service at La Marina. The place is huge, so I didn't realize there was an actual dining area. The dining area was much quieter than the lounge area. I went with a friend, but it would be great for a romantic spot (planning to go with my boyfriend soon!) The service was great! The waiter was attentive. At one point, the manager came over and brought us complimentary shots of patron AND dessert! When my steak was over cooked, I sent it back and literally a new was out in 7 minutes (yes, I was timing! lol). and super delicious! when you finish your meal, you can even enjoy the lounge if you are up for it!Special Features:
- Great timeJojoDined on 8/8/2014We drove up 2hrs from CT to celebrate my birthday and I have to say it was worth it. The food was absolutely delicious, the service was great, atmosphere was entertaining. The view was beautiful. I loved being right by the water. I would love to drive back up soon. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Poor Servicewacky24VIPDined on 8/8/2014We were blown away by the scenic views at La Marina, however it took forever for our food to come out as well as our drink order was messed up. I would give it another chance because I think it has so much potential but I hope they get their wait staff in order before I return. I understand that is a major complaint about La Marina - the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This place is like finding hidden treasure! An oasis in the concrete jungle. The view is spectacular especially at sunset or at night! Great food, excellent service. It was my husbands birthday and he loved everything!Special Features:
- Give these folks a chanceCharlieVIPDined on 8/8/2014It was well worth the visit.The setting on the river's edge north of the G.W. bridge is perfect. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated, as per our request, at an outside table. our water glasses were filled, menus presented by a friendly server. We ordered the house Sangria. It exceeded our expectations. After starting with a really tasty grilled peach and a Caesar salad, all chose the Jambalaya (read Paella!). The dish was loaded with shrimp, clams, sausage and wonderfully seasoned rice. The new manager appeared to be genuinely interested in each guests reaction to the restaurant. The imposed 20% tip added to the bill is a turnoff but, not disturbing because service was worth it.. Management might want to rethink policy.Special Features:
- DisappointingCostosVIPDined on 8/8/2014The view is stunning, but that is the only reason to go. The food was moderate only but the service was most disappointing: it is slow, but that was to be expected. Our steak arrived without the promised 'yucca fries' (they're just regular fries) and over cooked; we sent it back and 15 mins later the replacement arrived without the dip accompanying the first effort. Our server also returned to tell us that the first steak was cooked according to our instructions but because it was dark, it looked as though it was overcooked - effectively telling us we were wrong. Two hours into the meal at this stage we didn't stay for dessert. they included the tip in the final bill so we didn't have a chance to register our displeasure - beware.Special Features: