La Margarita Restaurant & Bar
1043 Virginia Ave
Indianapolis, IN 94510Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Margarita Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lamargaritaindy.com/
- Phone: (317) 384-1457
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Emilio Montes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Wednesdays (9:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.): DJ Salazar plays Cumbia, Latin Dance, and some Funk & Soul.
Thursdays (9:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.): DJ Dicky Foxx plays Latin, Jazz, Soul, Hip Hop, and more.
Also, stay tuned for weekend night live musical acts throughout the remainder of the summer. The acts, dates, and times will be posted here as that information becomes available.
A word from La Margarita Restaurant & Bar
La Margarita Restaurant & Tequila Bar is located in beautiful historic Fountain Square, Southeast side neighborhood of downtown Indianapolis. We offer a full-scale tequila bar, craft beer, and traditional Mexican food. Families welcome, dog-friendly patio! And maybe some day your best friend... Please note that we do not accept reservations for the outside patio, however we are happy to accomodate your request when possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Margarita Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Continue to be impressed...WoodDocDined on 7/29/2014La Margarita is a neiborhood gem and one that I return to frequently. The food is fresh and nicely presented, the service responsive and eclectic at times in a fun way, and the ambiance very nice. The outdoor area where we ate this past time is sheltered from the busy street and is quiet enough to enjoy a relaxing low volume conversation. One of my "return-to" places for sure. Also, with the Cultural Trail running right past the restaurant, biking for 10' from downtown is not only easy, but fun, safe and convenient.Special Features:
- Need a new hostessQueenladykVIPDined on 7/9/2014We go to La Margarita about once a month and we really enjoy the food and especially now that it's summertime the outdoor atmosphere. But on this occasion they had a new hostess who was completely clueless about open table and when we hit there she told us that it would be 30-40 min with our reservation as they just sat a party of 30. Thankfully I asked for the manager and she was able to sort it out but still too much aggravation for this. Apparently we weren't the only ones with issues, she forgot a couple that had been waiting for 30 min. Hopefully they will find someone that is better suited for this job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Drink in IndyGarlicVIPDined on 6/21/2014If you like Mexican food and a well run bar with lots of beers, La Margarita is a place to try in Indianapolis. It is located in an interesting, artsy part of the town, but easy to drive to with on street parking. You can choose from a wide menu of items or create your own tacos, burritos, etc. The portions are ample and the price is right. It is a fun energetic experience.Special Features:
- Personal FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014From the food, to the service and the ambience, this restaurant is great! They have a great craft beer list, as well as an extensive selection of tequila. During the warmer months, there is a big patio for outdoor seating and garage door window to open the bar to the outside. Good place to stop for drinks and food before an art opening or show in Fountain Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, reservation worthlesskiwifuzzDined on 1/31/2014Dinner itself was great. Excellent beer. Tasty food. Attentive server. Cool place to hang out and have drink. However: Our Open Table reservation was not really honored. I arrived for my 6:30 reservation at 6:20 and was told they were unaware of my (confirmed) reservation. Somehow the hostess knew I was a group of four even though only two of us walked in together but that's a different issue. We were finally seated at 7:15. This very much delayed the rest of our night. Thankfully nothing we had planned for later was time sensitive. Needless to say the other couple we met for dinner returned home to Cincinnati very late that night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican, a cut aboveMikeDined on 1/25/2014Not your typical Indy Mexican restaurant. The grouper is really good as is the Carnitias. The margaritas are also very good, although the house margarita was somewhat on the sour side at our last visit. Great place for families with kids as the atmosphere is casual and the food very good for the adults. Can be a little slow if you have an impatient childSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indy FavoriteJBayDined on 10/25/2013La Margarita blows the other two Mexican restaurants in Fountain Square out of the water. My wife and I have been here for dinner ~8 times since moving back to Indy last year. We've yet to try something we didn't love. The atmosphere is relaxed but energetic, margaritas are fantastic and we've never had a server we didn't like. This place is a nice OpenTable gem because they don't take weekend reservations over the phone, only via OpenTable! My meal of choice: Burrito Azteca and a pitcher of Triple Citrus Margarita. If you're feeling experimental try the Napolitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexican fooddrwojoVIPDined on 10/5/2013Excellent authentic mexican food. Super selection of tequila (try the Don Pablo family flight) and the margaritas made by Cruz are awesome. Definitely a great spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, definitely not lastHawkeyeDined on 8/30/2013First time diner. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and upon mentioning Open Table she seated us promptly. I had a note in the reservation for a romantic spot and we were seated in a nice table in a corner. Our waiter Josh greeted us and upon hearing it was our first time went over the delicious freshly made salsas. We were in the mood for a margarita and instead of just showing us the drink menu he asked us about our tastes and suggested two perfect options. The fajitas we had, which we split, were absolutely delicious and everything was SOOO fresh. The only negative comment, which was only because our preference for dinner, was that the restaurant was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 8/16/2013Great, authentic food! Thank you for the lovely lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for unique higher end Tex MexOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2013We have had great meals here many times, both with and without kids. Our 6 year old devoured the soft beef tacos which is quite a compliment. I had the halibut and my wife had the taco salad and everything was excellent. They have an extensive tequila and drink list. The area is quite nice, steps from the cultural trail. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dog friendlyAllyLaneDined on 8/6/2013I chose this restaurant because they are dog- friendly and I was meeting with dog's groomer. I likedthat they brought out three different salsas. Food was good, I'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROB WAS AWESOME!!!jray915VIPDined on 7/13/2013Planning a Vegas trip we decided to go have dinner and Book it!! Thought of La Margarita as a great place to eat, drink, talk and book a trip! We were lucky to get ROB( i think that is his name) He did a great job of making sure we had what we needed and keep our drinks full! Great time! Great Place! THANKSSpecial Features:
- Can you hear me?IndypunchDined on 1/12/2013Although the food was good the restaurant was so loud that you couldn't hear the person seated across the table from you. Way, Way too loud.Special Features:
- Had a great dinner of GrouperOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/29/2012Had a great dinner of Grouper Chilpotle. My wife enjoyed a Guacamole Tostada, which is not on the menu but often available. Service was perfect. Appetizer of Chile Con Queso was not what you see in most Mexican places but we liked it a lot. Overall, it was a a very good dinner.Special Features: