La Marea At The Tides
1220 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
La Marea At The Tides
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tides.kingandgrove.com/
- Phone: 3056045070
- Hours of Operation:
La Marea at The Tides is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served from 7am to 12pm, Lunch from 12pm to 5pm and dinner from 6pm to 11pm (6pm to 12am on Fridays and Saturdays).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Aline William-Bauss, Catering Sales Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 503-3279 for all event-related needs.
- Private Party Facilities: A special occasion warrants a special meal. That's why we remind you to remember La Marea when you are planning a private celebration or corporate event. The main dining room is available for buyouts and offers dining for up to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Aline William-Bauss 3055033279
A word from La Marea At The Tides
Meaning ebb and flow of the tides in Italian and Spanish, La Marea is a refreshing addition to South Beach’s dining scene. One of distinguished interior designer Kelly Wearstler’s masterpieces, La Marea’s lushly landscaped entry terrace with intimate al-fresco lounging and dining spaces is the Ocean Drive hot spot to enjoy intuitive service and innovative culinary experiences. The diverse menu, conceived by Sous Chef Luis Moreno, celebrates the diversity in America with refreshingly eclectic dishes that also portray a global sensibility, prepared simply and elegantly. As a palate teaser, diners can opt for the Short Rib Empanadas, braised short rib salpicon, habanero chutney and red pepper remoulade sauce. Seafood lovers should not overlook the Pan Seared Tides Grouper with Spanish Rice, roasted plum tomato basil salsa with a Saffron beurre blanc sauce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Marea At The Tides reviews from OpenTable diners
- We very much enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013We very much enjoyed our dinner at La Marea At the Tides. The food and service were great. We would return. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Prime location but a disappointmentDrbeverDined on 6/22/2013Would have been much better if the music from the bar next door wasn't so obnoxiously loud! If both the bar & restaurant turned it down a little you might actually be able to carry on a conversation. The waiter tried to up the bill by bringing bottled water and beers without offering the available option of draft & tap, but otherwise decent service. Gorgeous location right on Ocean Drive.Special Features:
- Down the drainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Every time when we are in Miami Beach we go to this restaurant. This time was for the last time.....how nice it once was, so horrible is it now. The food is not good, the one waiter cannot cope with the few tables. My wine arrived after dinner. And red wine sauce was warm red wine, a steak medium was well done. Prices are still the same: rather high. But in the past it was worth it, now we left as soon as we could, for ever.
- What a disappointment. WhenJerseyGuyDined on 3/30/2013What a disappointment. When I got there, I was told that LaMarea does not exist anymore and that the restaurant is just called the Tides. The food was mediocre. My lobster ravioli tasted like it came out of a can. The only good part was the outdoor seating, which affords great people-watching on Ocean Ave.Special Features:
- Lunch on Ocean Drive Miami BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013I had a special lunch with my husband and daughter on a beautiful sunny afternoon. the food was delicious and the location on Ocean Drive was great. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- This was a big disappointment.SophoclesVIPDined on 3/3/2013This was a big disappointment. The last time we went it was great, but this time the service was poor and the quality of food, just all right, and for prices that I thought were high.
- We were on vacation when wenotsatisfiedVIPDined on 2/17/2013We were on vacation when we arrived at the restaurant but no one else was there, so we left - it just seemed awkward and not festive to be alone in a restaurant. Also, they had a woman standing outside (like a carnival barker) trying to entice people to come in. It was so tacky and a real turn off.
- DEAR SIRS,We went to La MareaMARAZVIPDined on 1/18/2013DEAR SIRS,We went to La Marea and there was nobody, any clients and anybody to talk to us at the recepcion, then we didn`t have dinner there.
- Appetisers were very good,HLima13Dined on 12/28/2012Appetisers were very good, main dishes too spicy and overpriced and overpretentious, the wine prices were too high, a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, that you can buy in a wine store for $11.00 or $12.00, was priced in the wine list for $85.00! Is a shame that such a nice place, offers such a poor choice of quality food. We spent $400.00 for 4 people... That is a lot of money for what we got! Not to be repeated. Money and time sadly wasted!
- Seafood salad, short ribs,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2012Seafood salad, short ribs, and lobster pasta were all excellent as were the cocktails, wine, and service.Special Features:
- Great for a business breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2012Great for a business breakfast on the Beach, where breakfast is not a priority meal for the most part.Special Features:
- Perfunctory service, food unevenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2012When gratuity is mandatory (18%) the servers seem to care less about actually delivering service. The food was inconsistent and we ordered the same dish 3 days in a row and it wasn't the same each day. The final day a key item was left off the plate entirely! Service was perfunctory and the price for the food was not worth it.
- Very good food; great service.highexpectationsDined on 3/1/2012Very good food; great service. Only issue is noisy bar next door on Thursday night.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining on Ocean DriveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2012Outdoor dining on Ocean Drive is fun, but at most places the tables are jammed onto the sidewalk, and you dine with the continuous stream of passersby's elbows in your face. Also, they tend to be noisy, with high energy=high decibel music pumping. At the Tides, the seating is gracious, off the sidewalk on the terraces in front of the building. The noise level is lower, and there is a casual elegance about it all, from the seating to the service to the extremely well presented and delicious food. Certainly worth a return visit.Special Features:
- We ate at this nice hotelrgzspickVIPDined on 1/22/2012We ate at this nice hotel restaurant primarily because we were staying at the The Tides Hotel where the restaurant is located, but the food was very good all the way from the shrimp appetizer to the key lime pie for dessert. A little expensive, but a nice place for dinner; it was not crowded because it is more expensive than the many cheap places along Ocean Dr, but it is definitely way above them in food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Surprisingly on a Sunday nightQuackerVIPDined on 1/8/2012Surprisingly on a Sunday night with less than 25% of the restaurant filled, they ran out of their specialty. Rolls served were essentially hamburger buns quartered and heated up. It's Sunday but shouldn't customers still expect a level of quality?
- An oasis of calm on busy OceanboboVIPDined on 12/26/2011An oasis of calm on busy Ocean Drive...great spot for people watching a little removed from the street traffic passing by right in front of you. Good food at reasonable prices for lunch in the thick of things on South Beach....perfect location!! Our out of town friends love it...let's keep it a secret just among friends.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2011We had a lovely dinner here on Christmas. Service was fantastic, and the short ribs and lobster pappardelle were delicious. Ceviche just okay. We sat up away from the street and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Simply amazing in every aspect!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2011This restaurant is amazing. Food is amazing and I don't even have words to describe the service. Pleasant, polite, on time and simply perfect. I loved, my family loved and besides being pricy it was worth every penny!!Special Features:
- Excellent. However, it isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/2/2011Excellent. However, it is located in the lobby and can be hectic.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2011Enjoyable lunch with good food and good service. At the time there was a large conference group finishing up thier meal so it was quite noisy and also when they left with the rearrangement of the tables they occupied. This did not spoil the experience however. Would go there again and would also like to try out the red bar.Special Features:
- Very prententious - we feltOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2011Very prententious - we felt like we were doing them a favor by being there - service was poor as there was only us and one other couple and they felt the same as us.Special Features:
- this place has gone up anddbg123Dined on 9/17/2011this place has gone up and down over the years, but has seemed to come back to find it's strengths. Stunning Sea Bass recipe. Note you'll pay for the view though - it's not cheap. but for South Beach - it's one of the best....Special Features:
- Food was good, service nonexistentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2011The restaurant is gorgeous. It's in South Beach with a view of the boardwalk where everyone passes by. We arrived at 715am from Miami Airport for a 730am reservation. There was noone in the place so we waited in the lobby. After 20min, the bellboy said we could sit anywhere. We sat and read our magazines since we were not in a big rush but come on! Noone came to take our order or get drinks or even give us a menu until past 8am. When we did finally order, we got the steak breakfast burrito and the smoked salmon sandwich. Food was good, decor is great, service really disappointing.Special Features:
- Table for one - early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011I travel and dine solo 12 months of the year and this was the most pleasant dinner I have enjoyed alone for several years. The staff are attentive without intruding, the menu devine, I was given e choice window booth seat to watch the evening promenade on Ocean Drive and - as I do not wear a watch - when I asked the waiter to give me a time check for a later appointment he arrived right on time. The wine I enjoyed was a bit overpriced but by the glass it always is. A truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Upon arrival at the TidesPamelaVIPDined on 8/3/2011Upon arrival at the Tides we were uanble to locate the restaurant or anyone to assist us.We went to the bar which no one was servicing. We were told by an employee in the lobby his shift had ended. We were finally able to find a server to obtain drinks. The scotch and water and gin and tonic tasted like diluted water and were $36 with tax and gratuity. We were told the restaurant was the one in the lobby of noisy tourists.We did not dine at the establishment and were most dissappointed.
- Great Brunch Place!seasons52Dined on 7/16/2011We had an outdoor brunch, and everyone enjoyed their drinks and meals! Sitting outside made for wonderful people watching in Miami.Special Features:
- We were 2 couples and we wantedTerryDined on 7/2/2011We were 2 couples and we wanted to sit down in the nice restaurant inside of the hotel, but was totally empty, no ambiance at all. So we end up sitting outside in was very noisy and lots of people walking in the street. Loud music in all of the restaurants close by. The service was very friendly and the food quite nice, but very noisySpecial Features:
- Excellence on Ocean DriveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/29/2011Jeanine, the restaurant manager, was fabulous! Can't wait to go back...Special Features:
- The food was quite good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2011The food was quite good and tasty, however was overpriced for the overall experience. There are many other places where you eat better and in a nicer environnement for less.
- So-so experience for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/21/2011Went with a friend on a random Thursday evening - early enough so that it wasn't crowded. Service started out great, but the minute it got a little busier, our waiter forgot we existed. Food took FOREVER to come out. Empanada and grilled shrimp appetizers were good. My lobster alfredo was only marginal - wouldn't get it again. Friend's seabass was tasty though. Outdoor dining was nice, perfect SoBe sightseeing, but overall experience was just blah for amount of money we paid.Special Features:
- mareaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2011very expensive what you get. you are paying for the location only
- The food and setting was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/15/2011The food and setting was excellent - highly recommend for outdoor dining. One thing to note is that their pricing is considerably higher than indicated on their site - about twice as much. Average dinner for two - $250 (pre-tip with one bottle of their 2nd to lowest priced wine). Just be prepared for that.Special Features:
- Decor of the Tides Hotel whereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2011Decor of the Tides Hotel where La Marea is located is part of what is great about dining at this restaurant. Service was a bit off though friendly. Food tasty and interesting preparationSpecial Features:
- Breakfast for $70?? Ridiculous.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2011Breakfast for $70?? Ridiculous. Diner food and not from a good diner, by any means. However, the waiter, David, was top notch and certainly deserved his pre-paid 18% tip. I drove from Coral Springs to meet my friend (1st time in 7 yrs) visiting SoBe from Tucson. How embarrassing...
- Just PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2011I had dinner last night at La Marea and it was delightful, the scallops are to die for and the mixed grill fish for 2 was the best i had in a while, the service was truly five star as it should be considering the Hotel reputation. Do not miss the strawberries tiramisu for dessert it's as good as it gets!If you want South Beach and quality, this is the place and i can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Boring-UnprofessionalHal9000VIPDined on 3/13/2011If you want a boring not so great meal with unprofessional service, this is the place for you. Waiter brought me substitution, without even bothering to tell me. brought it to his attention, and didn't even eat it, but he showed no concern.
- overpriced and out of leagueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2011The dining room decor is excellent - a good experience. However both food and drink were disappointing and poor value. The initial wine we chose from a short winelist was, after a long pause, discovered to be out of stock. The wines are overpriced (average over $60 and $18 per glass). Food is expensive too. Crab cakes good (but not the best we had in town) and my Caesar salad was very strange, with overcooked chicken. Not a disaster, but not really good enough.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinning experience.ReikiHelpsVIPDined on 2/13/2011A wonderful dinning experience. The Ahi Tuna Tartare was excellent. It was mixed with mango pieces and on an avocado mousse. A great way to start the meal. The Spaghetti Alle Vongole was just perfect! Our server, Antonio, was just super and helped make the evening so special. And his suggestion for dessert, the caramelized banana, was the best! As Arnold would say, "I'll be back!"Special Features:
- The outdoor area is a lovelyMichaelVIPDined on 2/7/2011The outdoor area is a lovely place for dinner. The menu is limited and quite pricey. Unfortunately we had a waiter who was quite pretentious and treated us as if we'd never dined out before. That sort of spoiled the entire evening. The food was good but not great. We would probably not return.Special Features: