La Mar Cebicheria Peruana - NY
11 Madison Avenue #2
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
La Mar Cebicheria Peruana - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamarcebicheria.com/
- Phone: 2126123388
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 5:00pm - 6:30pm at our bar. Come join us and unwind with a delicious Pisco Sour!
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Gaston Acurio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Cocktail reception on our colorful first level - 120pp
Cocktail reception on our second level - 150pp
Sit down dinner second level - 80pp
Sit down dinner first level - 60pp
Buy out sit down dinner - 140pp
Buy out cocktail reception on our first and second level - 270pp
Private Dinning Room sit down dinner (perfect for small celebrations) 30pp
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Zambrana 415-940-3996
- Cross Street: 25th Street
- Public Transit: We are located on Madison Avenue on the corner of 25th street. The following subway stations are within short walking distance:
N/R train to 23rd / Broadway
6 train to 23rd / Park Avenue South
F /M train to 23rd / 6th Avenue
1 train to 23rd / 7th Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking garages are located on 26th and Madison Avenue or on 25th and Park Avenue
A word from La Mar Cebicheria Peruana - NY
Inspired by the thousands of cebicherias found throughout Peru, La Mar Cebicheria Peruana, was created by world renowned Chef Gaston Acurio as an attempt to globalize and enshrine one of the best guarded treasures of Peruvian cuisine: cebiche. Here guests will enjoy Peruvian cuisine like they would in Peru.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Mar Cebicheria Peruana - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good but....CarlosVIPDined on 8/16/2013Being great fans of Peruvian food and Gaston Acurio, we've been in La Mar in Peru and Mexico City many times and definitively love it. The ambience and piscos we're great but the food could be better, specially the ceviches. Taste was nice but very attenuated for us, we also found the traditions trio good enough but a bit more of rocoto and aji amarillo could put them in the great category. Next time we'll tell the waitress in advance to give us their best shot of real Peruvian food and not just the attenuated general version...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian at its best!DinnerinNYCDined on 8/16/2013This place was a amazing. The best ceviche i've every had! The Le Tigre melted in your mouth. Wonderful! Try the Pisco Sours! Yum!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningJerseyGirlDined on 8/15/2013We dined at La Mar during NY Restaurant Week and enjoyed the experience overall. Some of our food choices were fabulous, others just good. The food is unique so it's a great place to try something different. It is a bit noisy but a beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnerjg826Dined on 8/14/2013Food was great! Loved the ceviche (It had been a long time since I had a really good flavored ceviche). And the lomo saltado was spectacular, especially with the aji. Nice ambiance, not loud so conversation could be held easily. And the service was really good, very attentive and gave good recommendations.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013A friend and I went for Restaurant Week and were very excited since it was our first time trying Peruvian food. However we were very disappointed with our experience. The portions were sparse and a dish called "quinoa and scallops" came with only one scallop. I also tried a calamari dish but it was not very flavorful. My friend ordered a hanger steak with wedge french fries which seemed more American than Peruvian in preparation. The ingredients were fresh but sadly, the portions were too small and we were left wanting more. The service was good - when our waitress noticed that we had not received the bucket of chips before the meal, she was very attentive and made sure we got our bucket quickly. Not the experience we had been hoping for.Special Features:
- Excellent cevichepinusVIPDined on 8/9/2013We went for a restaurant week dinner with our friends, and we were all delighted. Delicious ceviche were the best appetizer, and it was plenty, not just a couple of pieces of fish. I had the seafood risotto (arroz con mariscos) for mains, a very tasty combination. I also taste my wife's sauted hanger steak, very juicy. Maybe as a minor downside of the restaurant week menu, there was only one choice of dessert (panna cotta) but we liked it all. The waiters were pleasant, did not rush our meals. Very decent noise level, we could easily talk together reasonably quietly. Will certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCamillaVIPDined on 8/9/2013I liked the way they coked the kale leave on top of my fish! Desert could have been better. However, the servers were chatting with each other most of the time, and not paying attention to the guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favourites in NYCjcmeatloverVIPDined on 8/8/2013Two words: Cebiche + Pisco. Been there 4 times within 6 months, I haven't had anything that isn't delicious and I always leave happily satisfied. Enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013We were hoping for great service and great food! Instead we waited 15 min to be acknowledged, our drinks were taken- took about another 15 min to get them and yet they didn't want to take our order. We saw about 4 other tables get seated after us and they were already on apps! By the time the apps came out, they were stone cold. Not a server to be found! Couldn't tell the difference between the servers and busboys. 2 hrs & 40 min for a 3 course meal and 2 drinks. (Couldn't even order more drinks because there was NO SERVICE!) The server only checked on us during dessert, the other 4 tables that sat down after us had already left and new patrons had already ordered. Food too salty, drinks were great and the lights were way too bright!
- Peru Has a CuisineBigorthoDined on 8/8/2013Who'd a thunk there's more to Peruvian food than Cerviche and cute little potatoes? Brilliant cooking, preparation and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingJpjpVIPDined on 8/8/2013Everything was good. I'd go back for another try. Went there for restaurant week. We all agreed quality was good based on restaurant week pricing but we're not sure if we'd pay full price for the dishes we had. We tried all different combinations from the restaurant week menu. I had the cebiche, lo macho and flan. Quality of food was good but I felt there was a missing component. Portions were on the small side. We left our dinner a little hungry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the whole experience.db22Dined on 8/7/2013We loved the whole experience. Looking for a Peruvian restaurant that was upscale and this was a real hit with us. Service is friendly and efficient; food lovely to look and beautifully prepared - the essence of Peru with a modern flair.Special Features:
- Surprising cuisine, handsome decorMinisterOfCultureVIPDined on 8/7/2013I've never eaten Peruvian food before, so I had no idea what to expect, but the food was delicious, the service very friendly and efficient, and the setting a handsome re-use of ground floor space in the Art Deco New York Life building at Madison Square, inventively re-designed.Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2013Everything was excellent but to make this a perfect place for me, it could have been a little quieter. It wasn't unbearable though and if Opentable had a Noise Level category between moderate and energetic that's what I would have chosen.Special Features:
- I really loved the food andmoonchildeDined on 8/6/2013I really loved the food and the service was excellent, the ambiance is nice too. Very fresh and inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming backAra30Dined on 8/2/2013The food was amazing, service outstanding and friendly. Def going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level is a bit too high.BassguyDined on 8/1/2013Noise level is a bit too high. Some dampening is needed. But food and service make it worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty for Restaurant WeekCatMDined on 8/1/2013The ambiance was very low key and chill. The menu for Restaurant Week was excellent even if the dessert was one option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cusine to ExploreTrishDined on 7/31/2013If you haven't had the flavors of Peruvian cuisine this is your chance to do so...one of the best chef's of Acurio's team is here in NY and you will not a chance like this again unless you travel to Lima and get all the flavors there.. My lunch at Cevicheria LaMar was excellent, all the flavors were great, I enjoy quinoa very much and with the spices that Peruvian cusine offers is surely be a palate opener..all the dishes were nicely plated and served at right temperature, the pisco sours were soooooo good!! Service very good, friendly and informative server, will go back again and again..Special Features:
- I was most impressed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2013I was most impressed by the well-balanced nature of every dish we received. Not only was each component delicious, but it all worked in harmony to create wonderful individual dishes and a great Restaurant Week meal. Add to this an incredibly energetic server to heighten up the "fun" level of the meal, and it was a wonderful date night for my fiance and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an eatery.FoodieDined on 7/30/2013We arrived at 7:14PM for a 7:15PM reservation. At the door we were told to wait for 5 minutes. Why? There were many vacant tables. The customers there were loud, very loud. We were allowed to change our table after some discussion with the waiter. The food was average. The waiters were friendly. There is no reason for us to go back.
- Great ExperienceShenDined on 7/27/2013Our Waiter could not have been more enthusiastic - He could make the surliest customer happy. And the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Te food was excellent. TheLeeAdaDined on 7/26/2013Te food was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will recommended the restaurant to friends who want to try Peruvian Cousin.Special Features:
- Great ceviche. Elegant presentationLewFoodieDined on 7/25/2013I have not eaten Peruvian food with such elegance and presentation. The ceviche was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BirthdayAMC26Dined on 7/25/2013Enjoyed delicious Peruivan dishes. Ricardo was our waiter and made my 25th birthday very enjoyable. Delicious and authentic food. Too good to pass up.Special Features:
- great!diningpleasureDined on 7/24/2013Service was great we arrived early and were seated immediately Server was very attentive and food was as expected very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2013Good but pretty over priced for this cuisine, Peruvian food is excellent and you do not need to go to a high end restaurant to find it at it's best. There are many other restaurants in NYC that make more authentic dishes at half the cost. Like most Latin food, it's best home made. This restaurant is more about ambiance and it's a good introduction to Peruvian cuisine for someone who hasn't tried it before or if they are not familiar with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh what a nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2013My 2 friends and I went here for Restaurant Week. We are usually disappointed with both the quality & quantity of the fare offered during this time. Oh, but not here. The food was wonderful with an ample menu to choose from. We each tried a different entree and we all agreed that each one was delicious. Kudos to our waiter Ricardo for his wonderful service. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent peruvian restaurantValentina23Dined on 7/23/2013Excellent peruvian restaurant with fair prices. Overall ambience is fantastic with great music played throughout the nightSpecial Features:
- Place was great, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2013Place was great, friendly staff, drinks were amazing. The food was good but certainly not the best. Especially not good enough to spend so much on it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week - great deal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2013Great place: delicious food (less particular than expected but really enjoyable anyway), dedicated presentation of dishes, great variety for the restaurant week menu (and the quantity of food is fair), very friendly staff and very nice and NY-style scene. It's more for couples and group of friends but they have been very nice and loving with our 2-years daughter. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great food and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2013Just great food and great people working in there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDSpecial Features:
- Loved it, will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2013I tried this restaurant because I read about the ceviche bar but it was so much more. The ambiance, service and food was an amazing surprise. The menu selection was great and the food was unbelievably tasty. Great flavors, great drinks and the service really new the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Peruvian CuisineTitaDined on 7/6/2013I am glad we celebrate my wife's birthday at La Mar. Food was delicious , good Pisco sour . My only compliant is that the server took almost 15 minutes to take our order (for drinks) . Other than that if you really want to tried real peruivian cuisine you should go to La Mar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazing, service spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013I loved the restaurant. The food was super fresh and it tastes amazing. We couldn't have a better waiter.Special Features:
- Love this place...GmanVIPDined on 6/26/2013It is authentic Peruvian fair!!! Loved all.. the service, the food and the atmosphere... Also, the company was great too.. :) Thank you and keep it going... Would be great if you opened back up for lunch!Special Features:
- Cebiche lovers paradiseManjusriVIPDined on 6/26/2013Fantastic menu of a variety of cebiche dishes as well as other Peruvian specialties. For those who may not have tried Peruvian food, it is one of the world's great cuisines.Special Features:
- Beyond deliciousPI79Dined on 6/22/2013Delicious! great atmosphere, fresh and quality food, the "leche de tigre" was the best I have ever eaten, a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and theelizabDined on 6/21/2013Excellent service and the quality of the food was also top notch. Great venue and location and the menu was also diverse and an interesting twist to the traditional Peruvian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cevicheBrittettesVIPDined on 6/20/2013Third time there and the food is alway impressive . As a food snob and being Peruvian I must say that this place is one of the best Peruvian Cusine places I know .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.