2709 Sadler Road
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 9042614646
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Willys Assis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Mancha
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Mancha - Best Restaurants in Fernandina Beach ›
La Mancha reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (23)special occasion (22)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DorothyDined on 10/18/2014La Mancha was recommended to us by our hotels front desk staff. What a wonderful surprise. The shrimp appetizer in a pablano cream sauce was wonderful. Just the right amount of heat in the sauce. The bread that is served was great to soak up all the sauce!!!! We both ordered the skewers. Mine had 4 large diver scallops with 4 large shrimp and roasted veges. The presentation was picture perfect and the seafood was perfectly cooked and well seasoned. We enjoyed the white sangria. Delicious!!! We could not pass up ending the evening with tres leche. Perfect!!! Our waiter, Damien was superb. Extremely knowledgable about the preparation of the dishes. We enjoyed his service with a smile and will be back. Very Professional.Special Features:
- LEP1Dined on 10/18/2014The exterior of this restaurant does not set expectations well. At first, we thought it was a typical hotel-associated diner given the location on the grounds of the Day's Inn. Glad we checked out on-line reviews first and gave it a chance. We will definitely be back on a future trip to Amelia Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of a few menu itemsSuchafoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Service was good but disappointed that the first few items I ordered were not available however, the food that we were able to enjoy was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waiter/Good food/IDIOT OWNEROpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014Drove 1hr to get there. Found on doubletakedeal.com. We told the waiter b4 ordering we had a $30 DTD. After dinner, I present my DTD on my phone& waiter comes back& said the owner can't accept & we had to find a place to print it. I explained that's not what the DTD said. The owner comes to our table& pretend to read it, saying it says to print. NOW I'M INSULTED b/c he insinuated I can't read! I told him it says that nowhere! I told him if u want a printed copy u should state that on the DTD. He explains his business partner situation/distrusts among them. That's not info u share w/customers! People were walking out the entire time we were there,& we stayed& ate! PRICEY food, yet we spent an additional $72 b/c the food was really good.
- TapasflatoctDined on 10/2/2014We had an one night stopover at a nearby hotel and enjoyed a wonderful dinner within walking distance. We both had tapas and enjoyed it very much. The owner stopped by several times. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good addition to Fernandina diningBayAreaPhotoDined on 10/1/2014Yummy tapas, inspired sauces, even good sangria, this is a welcome alternative.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service - Quality FoodNaplesGuyDined on 9/22/2014For a great meal and fantastic service, La Mancha is hard to beat. We enjoyed some authentic cuisine with a real South American flavor. Be sure and try one of the dishes highlighted as traditional fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!!foodieforlife12Dined on 9/21/2014This place is awesome!! My husband and I came here for our "date night" and we loved everything!! The live music was relaxing and romantic. Also our server Damien was informative and great at his job!! Last but not least everything we ate was on point from the bread to the dessert! One more thing the sangria is DELICIOUS!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Islandstranded8WellDined on 9/16/2014Good food and service with a varied menu makes La Mancha one of our local favorites.Special Features:
- Over priced food is over cookedDavidnRoseDined on 9/14/2014While the service was courteous and friendly, the $20 Paella Vegetariana and a $10 bowl of the house paella was so over cooked that the shrimp were mush and the chicken was mush in too much rice. The Flan my date had was smooth and sweet. The bill was $59.84 plus tip and we just drink water. We will never go here again.
- Good food, priceyLafoodloveDined on 9/13/2014Traveled to Fernandina Beach for a surprise birthday for my husband. Since he is from Spain I wanted to take him to a Spanish restaurant. La Mancha was recommended. It was well prepared and delicious, though pricey. Though we didn't find true Spanish dishes on the menu, more Portuguese. Our first choice "Espana" was closed for the season so this sufficed very well. The glass of wine I had was truly lovely. The ambience is not so great, we could tell that it was a converted Shoneys or Perkins. We selected the special which is steak and lobster. At $69 it was pricey for the amount of food and the type of food it was. It was fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightDined on 9/12/2014food was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! price was right. service was great. can not wait to go back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Excellent ServiceSushiLoverDined on 8/28/2014Our server (I wish I could remember his name!) was amazing! He was funny, charming, and attentive to our table. The food was also very good. I started with a glass of wine and the Scallops Mondragon. The scallops were tender and cooked perfectly, while the roasted poblano pepper sauce provided a great balance of savory spice. I chose the Salmon Isabella for my entree. The Grilled fillet of Alaskan salmon was served over arugula, diced tomato, and topped with a special caponata. It was good; however, I wish I would have asked if it included olives, because that the one food I really don't like. I was able to sift out the olives, and overall, it was a tasty dish.Special Features:
- LucyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Fun, friendly atmosphere. Johnathan our server was excellent!
- bjmdVIPDined on 8/25/2014La Mancha is consistent, food is always good and the service is outstanding. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Viva La ManchaDougdogDined on 8/25/2014Had dinner there with another couple. Large portions good for splitting. Wifey and I had a calamari salad that was huge and excellent! We split the Grouper with habenero sauce that came with two scallops. Divine. Our friends split the snapper dinner which also was excellent. House sangria at $16 for 1/2 a pitcher was a real bargain. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- excellent food, friendly serviceDiBiDined on 8/24/2014Large enough menu that it was hard to choose. the Del Rey skewered shrimp and chorizo was perfectly done and I loved the sides. The potato salad was great!Will return here on another visit to Amelia IslandSpecial Features:
- Great againJohnawcVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is our fifth or sixth trip to La Mancha. The food is always excellent. One caution, the entrees are large. Tapas are usually the way to go for us (the Tapas are great).Special Features:
- Another great meal at LaManchaBobGDined on 8/15/2014Went with friends on Friday night. Great service, wonderful Sangria pitcher for the table, bread and salads are tasty. Grilled scallops and shrimp were coded to perfection and so flavorful! Paella was very good as well.Special Features:
- regular visitorRonandLyndaDined on 8/15/2014Horrible ribeye...more fat than meat. Wonderful lobster tail. Potatoes not done. Plaintains excellent. Ordered Ceasar salad..only got wilted lettuce on board. Rice good....Served too quick. Extremely disappointed. Was NOT a pleasant dining experience. Will be awhile before we return..Special Features:
- Come HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Large platters to share is the theme of La Mancha and the food is very good quality and flavorful. We got the steak and chicken platter for 2 that we shared with 3 and took home leftovers. It comes with a salad, beans and rice, plantains and some other goodies - go to yelp to see photos. We did however order appetizers and they were fantastic; fried goat cheese and beat chips over greens and with mango vinaigrette and the calamari and oyster (fried) with marinara. Both great choices but when the large platter arrived we probably didn't appreciate as much as when we first sat down - so - go easy on the appetizers and bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!FamilyTraveler1Dined on 8/5/2014Great Food! Great Service! Friendly environment. We had the Paella, Sea Bass and Snapper. All were extremely tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodLarrDined on 8/3/2014Walking around downtown shopping we asked some store owners where to eat and they said La Mancha. We decided to give it a try and they were right. La Mancha is not inexpensive but well worth it. The food was very good and so was the Sangara.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great, although if your a crab meat fan pass on there's. Nice place, service was just ok. Nice place for a dinner date. Would go again because my husband really enjoyed the steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceMidwestcoupleDined on 8/1/2014The waiter was nice. That the only good thing we can say. The bread was oddly doughy. The clams were rubbery. The steak was very rare (instead of medium rare) and room temperature in the middle. When we pointed this out, they took it back and apparently "warmed" it in a broiler or something. Ugh. When the crab meatballs arrived, they were actually cold in the middle (I imagine having been frozen and then incompletely thawed and cooked). That was enough. We complained, and the waiter brought his superior who told us no one else had complained about their food that night. We left. Our advice: Don't go.
- RonaldDined on 8/1/2014Exceptional seafood, great service. One of the best restaurants on Amelia island! The Spanish cuisine especially ensalade Greiga is wonderful!Special Features:
- I'm a chef and restaurant managerChefCDined on 7/26/2014The food and service were amazing. It's been a long time since I was overwhelmed by great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy, fun dininggreatfoodfanDined on 7/20/2014This was our second time dining at La Mancha, and I am sure there will be many more. Folks, go there and eat! It's Spanish cooking; if you like that, I am certain that you will love La Mancha. For a light experience, get tapas. Hungry? You've come to the right place! If you have a chance to make a reservation, make sure you make one. It was crowded the first time we went, but people just waited rather than go somewhere else. By the way, you will be amazed that such a large restaurant can make so much excellent food for so many happy diners!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014I went to this restaurant because of the reviews. But I had terrible service and the food was awful. I really wasted a night of vacation with my family there.
- Pleasant Dinner.Emerson81Dined on 7/13/2014Don't let this the lack of character of La Mancha's building put you off. Inside we found delicious food and a talented guitarist playing Spanish and contemporary music in classical style, which did much to add ambiance and charm. Food was well-prepared and service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Fernandina BeachTomTDined on 7/12/2014There are many fine restaurants in Fernandina Beach, and LaMacha is yet another. Food was well prepared. I had a spicy fish dish that was outstanding. Service was great, staff very knowledgeable about food and wine. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSbrbnCoupleDined on 7/11/2014Saw La Mancha as a top rated Amelia Island / Fernandina Beach restaurant on TripAdvisor, but we found the food to be very disappointing. I would not recommend La Mancha
- Perfect experienceJimboDined on 6/27/2014Great food, terrific service, nice place to share with friends and family. Every dish and every bite has brought rave reviews from our guests we take there. Last night was no exception. Sauces and flavors take us to Fantasy Land! We will continue to enjoy La Mancha for special occasions or just a hungry night out! Clearly deserves to be in the top 5 restaurants in Fernandina.Special Features:
- Special was fantastic!JCantu1981Dined on 6/27/2014Made reservations for 6 pm, although it's only necessary for much later. The surf & turf special was fabulous! Grilled lobster tail & prime rib for two! Even the sangria was well done. This place may not have the "location" however the food is far superior. Highly recommend, can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 184 reviews are from the La Mancha reviews archive.
- WonderfulTrishDined on 6/22/2014Everything was delicious--the lamb meatballs, the mussels, the entrees--shrimp and scallops and the paella. The music was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the neighborhoodDinnerForTwoDined on 6/14/2014We have gone quite a few times and we always have a great time. The best service on the island. Fried goat cheese salad is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MomoffourDined on 6/14/2014It was just ok. Won't be back, not worth the price.
- Spanish/Brazilian GemDocKarenDined on 6/13/2014We tried this restaurant on our recent visit to Amelia Island. The menu is comprehensive and outstanding. Many seafood options as you would expect at the beach, as well as Brazilian themed meat entrees. Portions are huge and prices are good, especially for a resort area restaurant. The live acoustic Brazilian music added a nice ambiance. Paella, sangria and tres leches cake, mmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Come HungryJohnawcVIPDined on 6/9/2014This is our third trip to La Mancha. The food is consistently excellent. If you like lamb, their lamb ball appetizer is outstanding. Make sure that you ask about the size of the tapas. Some are very large and are certainly enough for more than two people. The cheeses that are used are really high quality and they are prepared very nicely. The paella which my wife had is HUGE so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiffanyDined on 6/1/2014Sad to see there weren't a lot of people there, but it was 830p on a Sunday night. Amazing food, great live Spanish guitarists, and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.