40 S Blvd Of Presidents
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 9413884444
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Pilar Fontanot
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Malinche
La Malinche Mexican Restaurant is family owned and is the only authentic Mexican restaurant in the area. If you are looking for casual dinning and excellent food this is the place for you. Bring your family, bring your friends, we are here to serve you and only you. Everything we use in our authentic dishes is fresh and has the best quality. We cook everything from scratch, and to order. Please come an enjoy an excellent dining experience with us here at La Malinche. We offer lunch, dinner, and full bar. Once you have tried the authenticity you will never go back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Malinche reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Just ok !JayneVIPDined on 4/10/2014Nice for outdoor dining Food is fine, nothing special Staff not well versed on food allergies.Special Features:
- Always out of somethingTbirdDined on 3/26/2014This visit we ask for outdoor seating but we're told they ran out of propane for patio heaters. Last visit we ask for chips and salsa and we're told they ran out of chips. How does a Mexican restaurant run out of chips? They have "red rice " as an option on their menu, but when requested in place of white rice we were told that was a miss print on the menu, but the menus are not new.
- Loved this Mexican Restaurant!RavenburdDined on 3/8/2014Highly recommend this great Mexican Restaurant tucked away on a side street of St. Armand Circle. Thanks to Open Table we found it and enjoyed a delicious Mexican meal. The service here was excellent and very helpful too. Our waiter made an extra effort to explain the menu to us and he also was diligent in checking on us throughout our meal. A great dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayPapercutDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I ate at La Malinche recently while staying on Long Boat Key as part of our trip for baseball spring training games. Using OpenTable we easily found that the restaurant had available reservations and booked a table for two. We arrived early and were quickly seated. The waiter was very pleasant and helped us pick out two delightful selections for dinner. We were entertained by the bar staff and everyone who worked there seemed to be smiling and having fun. I'd highly recommend this to anyone interested in an excellent Mexican and an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Variety of Mexican EntresdkefaiaDined on 2/28/2014We enjoyed the early dining hour, quiet with a comfortable pace. Many of the Entre' choices were new to us, but did not disappoint. Staff was attentive and well informed. Will enjoy working our way around the menu in future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and deliciousfinediningVIPDined on 2/23/2014This Mexican restaurant serves very fresh and original flavors. I am particularly fond of the Tacos Light, which are wrapped in lettuce. The guacamole is excellent and the complimentary salsa and bean dip are as well. The wine list is very good, with reasonable prices, and the staff is very friendly and attentive. An all around very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014unusual & different gourmet mexican food ,very generous portions.our waiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Expensive for MexicanLeasideEaterVIPDined on 1/30/2014This resto is an upscale place on St. Armand's Circle with interesting menu selections and very tasty food. The portions are generous, but need to be to justify the prices charged on this menu. People with normal size appetites could probably share any of the main dishes and not leave hungry. The Ingredient quality and preparation are very good and service is friendly and accommodating. My partner had the beef tacos - delicious while I enjoyed the tamales with chicken.Special Features:
- Very good Mexican food.ChuckVIPDined on 1/18/2014Great service, a little pricey for this type of food.Special Features:
- Good food, younger crowdHoopsterDined on 12/31/2013Younger crowd than most of the other hi-end places on St Armand's Circle. The location is a bit tucked away but that actually makes parking much easier. Friendly, prompt service. Food was quite good and creatively presented. Tortilla chips were pretty ordinary - might want to upgrade those.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanEaterDined on 12/29/2013This isn't your typical Mexican restaurant. The sauces and preparation are unique and very tasty. Definitely worth checking out. This restaurant is always on the top of the list of restaurants to go to when we are down in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanfinediningVIPDined on 10/26/2013La Malinche is a Mexican restaurant unlike many others. Yes, they do make a terrific Guacamole (and salsa and bean dip), but their food is light and refined. They stock one of our favorite wines, and do not mark it up too much. The service is excellent and very friendly. It is overall, a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate visit this timedandalDined on 10/26/2013We have eaten here before and expected another great meal. Our server was a great guy, but the kitchen was very slow. Only 1 other table filled inside when we arrived early Saturday evening and some outdoor tables were empty, so it was not a matter of volume. We remembered great guacamole from our other visits; it was very disappointing and flavorless this time. Fajitas were "soupy" and everything had a lot of onion for filler. With this restaurant location being at the end of the block, it needs better food and service to entice folks to pass up the other restaurant offerings.
- Ddd22ddd22Dined on 10/26/2013We returned and ordered a specialty that we had selected before; the dish was was not as "tasty" as we had previously experienced, unfortunate because we had brought friends and recommended it to them. We also thought that the "Happy Hour" prices for draft domestic beer were a bit excessive .Special Features:
- great foodJimboDined on 10/24/2013The food here is always good. If there was one complaint it would be that their salsa is more like a soup, and not a very spicy one at that. Also the prices seem to just keep going up and up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is consistent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2013The food is consistent and they seem to be always open, which is nice. I have another standby Mexican restaurant in town; but whenever it is an off hour of day or night we head out to La Malince. Their Sangria is terrific!Special Features:
- Mexican like I've never had beforefinediningVIPDined on 6/24/2013This restaurant serves authentic Mexican food, which is delicious. I had the Tacos Light for dinner, which is chopped chicken with tomatoes and onions etc. served in lettuce shells instead of taco shells. It was juicy, flavorful and my husband kept stealing bites. One of our favorite wines was on the menu at a very good price. It was raining when we left the restaurant,and they lent us an umbrella for the walk home!Special Features:
- Average and over pricedTrinaDined on 5/17/2013Just because it's St. Armand's, doesn't entitle a restaurant to charge high prices for average food. Tables were left with dirty dishes, and generally, the restaurant lacked any charm or atmosphere. The food was mundane, much like you'd find at a chain restaurant; actually,not even as good. $18 for an underwhelming quesadilla, $23 for bland chicken enchiladas, etc. We should have left when the couple finishing up at the table next to ours, told us to run. Uninspired cuisine and an overpriced menu should have clued us in, as to why the restaurant was nearly empty on a busy weekend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally good Yucatan style2KJsVIPDined on 4/10/2013Generally good Yucatan style Mex food. Service was slow due to being understaffed. Prices are reasonable considering the area. Go ahead and try them!
- Good, but pricey.ssmithDined on 4/10/2013The food and drinks were good, but overpriced for what you get.Special Features:
- very expensive Mexican. reallymllcpaVIPDined on 3/22/2013very expensive Mexican. really didnt like it. way overpriced for the quality
- Bad experience all the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/21/2013Bad experience all the way around, poor service,cold food,over priced, Nothing came with the fahita ie,lettuce, rice, beans only sour cream and guacamole Blah. Waiter tried to sell us an appetizer before letting us know that chips and salsa came with the dinner.
- We have eaten at La MalincheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2013We have eaten at La Malinche several times. The fajitas as the best in the area. We have never been disappointed. The food is so good it is difficult to save room for the flan but we always share some.Special Features:
- Service was very good. TheMikeVIPDined on 3/3/2013Service was very good. The food was decent but none of our dishes quite hit the mark as superior. The salsa was very thin and mild, although chips were good; just the right thickness to dip without being too thick. Enchiladas were about what you'd expect anywhere. The dishes in general should be a little more complex (maybe some garlic/cilantro/lime?) Portions were generous and I might give them another try.Special Features:
- Location was good, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Location was good, food was okay, service was great as was the waiters.Special Features:
- We'll be Back!SRQdinerVIPDined on 2/22/2013We have not recieved such wonderful service in quite some time - the La Malinche staff is friendly, helpful and very professional. We saw nothing but smiles from everyone, even as the evening progressed and the restaurant filled. The guacamole was fresh and delicious, as were the Azteca Enchilladas (a house specialty). One member of our party is not a very adventurous eater, and he ordered the tilapia after being assured by our server that it was not spicy. He was very pleased with this dish, which was not spicy, but full of flavor. I am not usually a fan of flan, but a dining companion ordered it for dessert and - YUM! I could have eaten the whole portion and licked the plate! Full of custard flavor with a lovely velvety texture.Special Features:
- If you enjoy Mexican food,LaneyVIPDined on 2/19/2013If you enjoy Mexican food, you wont be disappointed...unless you are looking for some of the 'regular' fare you find in other Mexican restaurants. This is authentic Mexican food from various regions. Very delicious and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Hands down, the best mexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Hands down, the best mexican food I have tried so far! And we do love mexican food. Great presentation, complex, intricate flavors, high quality ingredients, very nice, unordinary combinations of these ingredients result in absolutely delicious taste of every menu item we have ordered so far. We have been there a few times already and they never disappointed. Very friendly, professional service. Hope they will do well as stay open for al long time!Special Features:
- Top-notch Mexican food. FreshKathyHVIPDined on 2/3/2013Top-notch Mexican food. Fresh ingredients, courteous service, great taste!Special Features:
- Great food! A must to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Great food! A must to visit if you love Mexican food.Special Features:
- Good food.ChuckVIPDined on 1/31/2013Always good food, prices a little high for portion size.Special Features:
- This was one of the poorestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012This was one of the poorest dining experiences I have had in a long time. Beginning with the red salsa, which tasted like it was extremely watered down, the marquerita tasted like it was made from an inexpensive mix, the carne asada was not worth the money and was only served with rice, no beans or tortillas, and on top of my serving was a rather large bulb onion that was not cooked thoroughly. This was a poor choice for a special ocassion, New Year's Eve. I would never eat there again.
- Authentic Mexican FoodDaveDined on 11/24/2012We liven in Mexico for over 3 years and this is authentic and excellent Mexican food. Very prompt and attentive service. La Malinche is a great addition to the area restaurants.Special Features:
- Our server, Rory, was enthusiasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2012Our server, Rory, was enthusiastic and created a great experience for during our first time dining at La Malinche. Parking was easy and the restaurants interior and exterior are well done. We will come back for sure to sit at the bar or the outside patio! The tortilla soup was well flavored while the tacos we ordered could have used a little more kick. However, the pork and the steak in the tacos was tender and juicy. Next time we'll ask for a little cilantro and lime to squeeze over them! Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:
- Authentic as it gets.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2012We had a great lunch here. We ate outside and the sun felt great. Our waiter was very attentive, my friend had the mole and I had the authentic dish that I can't remember the name of but it came piping hot to the table with shrimp and peppers and onions in a tomato based sauce that was seasoned perfectly. It did take a little while for the food to come out but it was worth the wait. BravoSpecial Features:
- Mexican food, with a moreddd22Dined on 10/2/2012Mexican food, with a more upscale preparation & presentation, yet reasonably priced. Coupon friendly too!Special Features:
- Nice evening.RobertaDined on 9/9/2012We were given a fine window table and the hostess was extremely helpful and friendly. My friend spoke Spanish so the waiter was able to understand what we were ordering and did a good job.Special Features:
- Excellent food, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2012Excellent food, especially the Camarones a la Diabla. Best Mexican food around. Attractive location on St. Armand's Circle.Special Features:
- Service non-existant. LeftSYCGroupDined on 7/4/2012Service non-existant. Left after waiting an hour with no food while the restaurant was 3/4 empty.
- Upscale Mexican FaireRickASAPDined on 5/25/2012We hadn't visited La Malinche before, despite having come to St Armands many times for dining. Last night was the night, and we were pleased with our evening. The food was a tasty change from the usual mass production versions of Mexican dishes. It's upscale. I had the Mole Pablano and it was a taste treat. La Malinche's premium margarita was the best I've had in recent memory, albeit a bit pricey. If you enjoy Mexican food, gourmet style, try La Malinche.