La Maison Blanche
11 Stearns Point Road
Shelter Island Heights, NY 11965Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Maison Blanche
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maisonblanchehotel.com/restaurant.html
- Phone: 6317491633
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday thru Sunday 5-9pm
Friday and Saturday until 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sylvestre Torre
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and Off-site catering available.
- Entertainment: Mojito Monday- $10 Craft Mojitos
Tequila Tuesday- Tequila Specials featuring Milagro Tequila
Wine Down Wednesday 15% off bottles of wine
Thunder Thursdays- Lounge Party
Maison Noir- Fridays Maison after dark party
Sunday Bloody Sunday- Sunday Brunch featuring Maison Marys and Eggs Benedict
- Special Events: Weddings
Mothers Day Brunch
Fathers Day Brunch
Memorial Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Columbus Day Weekend
A word from La Maison Blanche
La Maison Blanche was recently awarded “Best French Cuisine” in the Hamptons in Dan’s Papers “Best of the Best” awards for 2012. The menu features many classic French dishes and several with a more modern twist to them which has people traveling from far and wide to sample this slice of France on Shelter Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Maison Blanche reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our First Time, Very DisappointedFoodieLoriVIPDined on 9/9/2013My PEI mussels were the size of peas, but the sauce was good. The escargot was just ok. A mouthfull of sand/grit was in one. The scallops were delicious, but the side of risotto was so over salted that it was inedible. My husbands spaghetti carbonara was tasty, it needed salt, but the pasta was so over cooked it was close to mush. The 4 cheeses were ice cold, just out of the fridge, and the 5th, the manchego, was sliced paper thin, that you could hadly detect the taste of the manchego. I especially didnt appreciate that 2 of the paper thin slices were the rind of the manchego. It was a monday evening, the week after Labor Day, and there were only 3 tables having dinner. Maybe the real chef was off that night. I would go back one more time.
- Great restaurant and hotellongislandlocalDined on 8/20/2013Fine choice whether staying at hotel or just looking for great restaurant. Dine poolside or indoors which appears to be recently renovated. While a limited menu, plenty of french-inspired options for all. Tuna tartare, roasted chicken and baked calamari all were fantastic. However 2 wines on the menu were not available, so don't get your heart set on a bottle before speaking with wait staff. Overall, don't miss this spot if you're visiting Shelter Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total disappointmentJudyDined on 8/14/2013Long wait for waitress to appear, bottled sparkling water warm ,food overcooked ,bread stale . And nobody seemed to care . Must be end of season syndrome Have told lots of guest at our hotel not to go. When will these restaurants with high prices train their staff especially in kitchen. Waitress never even apologized.Special Features:
- Try the french friesjameslucasDined on 7/26/2013This place fits into the Shelter Island vibe but doesn't distinguish itself except for the french fries. Try the french fries.
- Pleasantly surprised!LCDBDined on 7/26/2013With all the hype around so many of the other Shelter Island restaurants, I am wondering why there is not more around this one. The food was really great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meals were excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2013Our meals were excellent and the ambiance and service was superb. Loved the escargot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Spot for Delicious DinnerJoyindiningDined on 7/17/2013The restaurant is in a delightful B&B on Shelter Island, NY. The service staff members were personable, and the selction and quality of food choices were excellent. Outdoor dining was an option that we would have taken were it not a recent heat-wave night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This White House needs a leaderOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2013Lovely outdoor table Inside too loud Service terrible if well meaning Charged extra to split entrees which is always done gratis In other restaurants in Hampton area Good nice but uninspiredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Great food ,ambience QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2013Perfect Great food ,ambience Quiet meal with alt of energy aroundSpecial Features:
- La Maison Blanche is Not Vine St.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2013The waitress said they didn't havent anymore outside seating when we arrived. Meanwhile, there was an entire section of open outdoor seats not being used. This section was closer to the kitchen and was always open in prior years. We ordered the cheese and meet platter. The cheese was so thinly sliced and they removed the nuts and honey from the platter. I order the mussels entree and they were horrible. The mussels,they served were tiny and there were several empty sheels in my plate. They saud it was a pound, but it served more like half that. Lastly, they had a server who had no clue what she was doing. I almost got stabbed with the knife and fork she grabbed. Like my title states.....La Maison Blanche is Not Vine Street
- So Enjoyable!DiningDivaDined on 6/16/2013Maison Blanche was a perfect place to dine. We wanted a quaint place to celebrate Father's Day while on Shelter Island and found this gem. Food was delicious and service was delightful.Special Features:
- Nice French Find on S.I.CraigBDined on 6/2/2013Small, but beautiful dinning room that overlooks the yard of the hotel. The atmosphere is intimate, but friendly. The service is professional and timely. The wine list is very good and reasonably priced. The food is excellent with many French inspired dishes. The food is palatable to a regular American sensibility. The dessert choices are many and worth trying. The price is fair and comprable to other restaurants in the area. The restaurant is within walking distance of Sunset Beach, so take a stroll down after dinner for a beautiful view and a possible celebrity sighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialBenjyDined on 5/12/2013A quite elegante resturante where great food wonderful service and romantic surroundings make for a perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hotel, fair restaurantReallyLikeURFoodDined on 4/25/2013My husband and I were staying at the hotel and decided to try the 5-course wine pairing option. The food was not great, but atmosphere was very nice. The best part of the meal was the deep dark chocolate mousse - it was heavenly. Oh, and th crispy goat cheese was excellent as well. The salad was not good (wilted lettuce and not much flavor), and the wines paired with our meals weren't great.Special Features:
- Disappointing. The appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2013Disappointing. The appetizers were very bland. The entrees werw Ok, but the service was slow and they got a few orders wrong. They definitel didn't bring their "A" game to Hamptons restaurant week. I would'nt go back.