419 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lalocandasobe.com/
- Phone: 3055386277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Accommodations can be made for large parties and the option of a prefixed menu depending on size of the party. Please call restaurant directly for more information.
- Entertainment: Full-service bar and outdoor seating for "scenesters" to people watch. A pre-party spot for clubgoers or those seeking night-time entertainment, who enjoy hearing a little Reggae or sultry beats of Theivery Corporation while sipping a cocktail or a glass of wine. Some even come to relax, read a book and sit on the side-walk patio to enjoy the company of the friendly staff and owners, Francesco and Massimo.
A word from La Locanda
Hailed by Zagat for its excellent service & delectable home-made cuisine, La Locanda reinvents itself relocating to a renovated space, boasting a sleek, stylish interior with ceiling-high stone walls, dark wood, white linen table-tops, fresh flowers, & candlelight, creating the ultimate cool, intimate ambiance to indulge in sumptuous Italian cuisine while enjoying a great selection of wines and a full service bar. LCD Flat screens will entice loyal "Heat" fans for prime-time game watching. "The small gem is where local folks go for terrific Italian food with a low-key friendly vibe. Don't miss the Penne dell'Appennino, an aphrodisiac mix of wild mushrooms with a touch of truffle oil," says Globe Magazine. Charming locals for years with hallmark dishes like the Fiochetti (tiny purse pastas filled with cheese & hints of crunchy pear in a cream sauce with fresh arugula) this "Poor Man's Ciprianis" has added the tastiest gourmet wood-oven Pizza. Then, finally Dessert Bliss: TiramisuContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Locanda reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- AnitaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Fantastic, everything was perfect. Love the new space. Going back tonight.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodloverDined on 8/24/2014Great food, great service. Get the pasta purses with pear! Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wonderful!!had2muchfunDined on 8/3/2014I was supposed to receive 100 points but when I presented the confirmation reservation, they did not know what to do with it. Any suggestions? We dined there on Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the La Locanda reviews archive.
- Away from the CrowdsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Great restaurant on a small side street. We had linguine with clams and lobster ravioli. Both excellent. As it was my son's birthday, I had asked our waitress to bring a small something with a candle on it. The staff arrived with a delicious Tiramisu with candle and started singing Happy Birthday. Very nice finish to our meal. We will return.Special Features:
- Great FoodJessDined on 3/23/2014The food was outstanding. We left the restaurant full and satisfied, not even being able to order dessert. If you are looking for great Italian food, this is the place to go. The pizza was amazing. So many options to choose from. There is something for everyone here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushroom PastaSBFoodieDined on 3/1/2014This is the best mushroom pasta I've tasted in a while, the drizzle of truffle oil lifts it totally. Also fantastic pizzas.Special Features:
- Not worth it!NYNYDined on 2/14/2014Take my word for it LaBufala is better! The service was horrible the waitress only came to our table when we ordered the wine,dinner and asked for the check which by the way took 20 minutes to get! The portions are small,I had to pour my own wine ask for fresh ground pepper and cheese and to top it off they had the busboy put my cheese on my plate which he just dumped on! The shrimps were small and seemed to be pre-cooked and the Pasta with the eggplant and mozzarella was salty,and the only eggplant that was in the dish was the skin! I will never ever go there again even if it was for free! People do not know good Italian food in S.Beach.....they have no idea! Take the trip mad go to Mateos! LaBufala crushes this place!
- Best Italian Restaurant 2014!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014My fav italian place in Miami,real food ,real people and best time!!!Lets vote for Best Restaurant 2014!!!Special Features:
- True Italiam in South MiamiJEM02882VIPDined on 1/31/2014Had a good experience from beginning to end. The food choices were extensive and authentic. There were four of us and we each had a terrific meal. Service was fine but not overly attentive. The restaurant atmosphere was busy and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family celebrationjeni10VIPDined on 11/30/2013Found after searching for a restaurant on the Beach that's not $30-$50/plate. The place smells like fresh pizza. We had the antipasto, carpaccio, & meatballs as appetizer. All yummy! So was the white pizza. I had salmon, cooked just right in a white wine, lemon & caper sauce. I asked for mashed potatoes but they were out - it was pretty early on a Saturday evening so that was weird. The roasted potatoes sufficed. My husband had fiocci - really tasty. As dessert, the table had a MUST TRY Nutella pastry & ice cream. Our waitress was definitely unhappy - hopefully just a bad day. She was actually kinda rude but the experience was great regardless. I would definitely return to this restaurant. Actually, I still want to try their pizzas!Special Features:
- Food was excellentVickyGVIPDined on 11/9/2013We went with a group of five ladies. Everyone enjoyed the food, each was flavorful and well prepared. The service was very casual and slow but they did correctly execute the orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of South Beach!Brendanus12Dined on 9/28/2013Visited this establishment on 9-28-13. Sat outside although the inside was very quaint as well. The food was fantastic, very true to the recipes found in Italy while being appealing to those used to Italian-American cuisine as well. They have gluten free Penne available for those who want to enjoy pasta without the grief. The service was fantastic and the prices were great for the quality of food. My group had everything from fish to clams and their traditional homemade pasta with meat sauce. Even the bread with red sauce and pizza appetizers were fantastic. Owned and mainly staffed by people from Italy with a good wine list. Also, being on Washington Avenue gets you away from the craziness of Lincoln and Ocean. Buon appetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!JScjVIPDined on 7/24/2013Great food, service, and ambiance. Always consistent.Special Features:
- traditional italian restOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013It is a little Italian restaurant with no pretention to be what they are not. Good food, good service. Very nice price/quality relation.Special Features:
- It was so good we went 2 nightsJScjVIPDined on 3/29/2013It was so good we went 2 nights in a row. Excellent choice. Please see my previous reviewSpecial Features:
- Excellent!JScjVIPDined on 3/28/2013A fantastic experience! The food was amazing and the service was just as good. By far one of the best restaurants in Miami. A great find! We will definitely be back, when we come back to visit.Special Features:
- Okay - not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Was disappointed by the food. For the price, the food did not have a lot of flavor. My friend ordered the pizza and that looked good, but my other friend and I ordered different pasta dishes and neither of us were impressed. The service was fine, but part way through our meal the club next door started their music and the nice Italian ambience became a mix of hip hop and pop. Would probably not go again.Special Features:
- Creative and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013This was not your typical Italian restaurant! The dishes were creative and delicious. Each in our party was so pleased with our meals. Additionally, we were treated like VIPs. I live 70 miles from La Locanda and we can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- The food is absolutely fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013The food is absolutely fabulous. Family run, authentic Italian food. Great fresh pasta. I had a delicious beet salad, veal scallopini. Fresh burrata, which is hard to find, was delicious! The ambience was warm and lively. We were warmly received. Even though we were a group of ten, all felt we had great attention and service. I wish I live in Miami so I could go back often!Special Features:
- I usually do not go out toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013I usually do not go out to eat in South Beach, because most of the restaurants are touristy and overpriced. So, when my friend was visiting Miami and wanted to meet us in Sobe for dinner, I tried to find a restaurant that would be more fit for locals. La Locanda was my choice. The food was reasonably priced and good (though my husband ordered the gnocchi and it was very chewy, like it had too much flower and not enough potato). The squid ink pasta was delicious. The staff was comprised of almost all Italians, which I liked and they were all extremely hospitable. This was especially nice, since I often find wait service to be aloof in Miami. I would definitely return here.Special Features:
- Our food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/24/2013Our food was very good and very reasonably priced for South Beach! Will go again!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2013Went twice while on business in Miami Beach. First night with four people, the second night with a group of six. Wonderful, great food, none of the SOBE noise and trashiness. Everyone was quite pleased with the food and ambiance. Just a fine meal in a nice quiet restaurant.Special Features:
- Our first time was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2013Our first time was really good. We enjoyed it very much!Special Features:
- Great service and food onOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/5/2013Great service and food on BCS National Championship weekend. Quite impressive!Special Features:
- We eat here often when wesobepsychVIPDined on 12/28/2012We eat here often when we are in SoBe. It is such a pleasure to get to know the owner who is generous, welcoming and fun. We always eat outside and enjoy the local scene. This is a very reliable local Italian restaurant with consistently good food.Special Features:
- The food was truly excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2012The food was truly excellent and we had attentive, personal service. Overall, our favorite dining experience in Miami Beach.Special Features:
- Tasted like we were back inOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/23/2012Tasted like we were back in Italy!!Pizzas and pastas were delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2012My family and I dined at La Locanda during our Christmas Vacation, food and service was excellent, and we will certainly go back when we visit Miami in 2013.Special Features:
- MeravigliosoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2012Among the best Italian cuisine found in America...Wholesome yet fine crafted..Akin to sitting at your family table in Italy. Welcoming owners and staff; excellent wine selections. Dog friendly too.Special Features:
- Will travel to eatMeafoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2012This is a great restaurant. My family stumbled on it a few years back and we always schedule a layover in mani to eat here.Special Features:
- Great food, affordable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2012I was looking for a good, moderately priced restaurant to take a party of 6 women during our stay in South Beach. La Locanda was a perfect choice. The food was great - we had a salad, one pizza, and 3 pasta dishes, as well as the amazing tiramisu - plus drinks, all for under $30 per person. The ambiance was fun and the owner was very attentive and friendly. I highly recommend the homemade pasta purses with pear and 4 cheeses. A very unique combination that was really incredible - our whole table enjoyed it (too rich for one person). La Locanda was just what we were looking for and I will definitely go back, especially with a groupSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, food, etc!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2012Excellent service, food, etc! The best pizza I've ever had...will definitely eat there again and recommend to everyone coming to Miami Beach!Special Features:
- Unfortunate experienceCAngelesVIPDined on 6/15/2012Our salads were dressed with too much balsamic vinegar. My companion's beef carpaccio was semi-frozen like it was taken out from the freezer minutes before it was served. This was really unfortunate because our pastas were very good and the service attentive.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Went there for my bachelorette party dinner. They gave us so many free drinks and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- We had a party of ten andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012We had a party of ten and had some of the best Italian food I have ever tasted! Great service, staff and food! I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Food was good. Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2012Food was good. Good restaurant for Kids. Outdoor dining was a bit noisy due to traffic/car horns.Special Features:
- What a delight at La Locanda!GinaDined on 3/24/2012We hosted our friend's bachelorette party at La Locanda. Most of us are from Chicago and have never heard of the restaurant, but what a great choice! They made our group of 10 ladies feel special throughout our dining experience. I was surprised at how beautiful the ambiance was; the pictures cannot capture the warmth of the color scheme. The restaurant looks newly renovated, with a contemporary twist on a classic Italian style. Everyone was impressed by their food choice; my Fiocchetti (homemade pasta filled with pear and four cheeses) was out of this world! Almost the entire staff spoke Italian, and all made us feel like we were guests in their home! The manager Francesco Cavalletti was the best. Definitely recommend La Locanda for all!Special Features:
- Service and food were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012Service and food were great! We arrived at 7 with a large party and they honored our reservation right away. It got a little noisy there at the end, but not too bad. Genovese pizza, rigatoni with eggplant, and the carpaccio appetizers were all delish! Had a great time would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Loved everything about it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012Loved everything about it. Staff very personable..Special Features:
- La Loconda was so good I hadTimtVIPDined on 2/26/2012La Loconda was so good I had to go back the next night.Special Features: