142, ave. Fairmount O
Montreal, QC H2T 2M5Neighborhood:
AfricanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lakhaima.net/
- Phone: 5149489993
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: African, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Atigh Ould
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: SVP contacter Atigh Ould pour un menu sur mesure
- Private Party Facilities: Une salle privé est à votre disposition pour des groupes de 15-25 personnes
- Private Party Contact: Atigh Ould 5149489993
- Entertainment: Jam de musique tous les mercredis soirs dès 20h00
A word from La Khaima
La Khaima c"est... ...une tente nomade, un lieu de rencontre. C'est aussi un haut-lieu de l'hospitalité comme elle est pratiquée depuis toujours dans le désert, ou les visiteurs sont si rares que l'honneur est du coté de celui qui reçoit, il s'empresse d'offrir aux visiteurs ce qu'il y a de meilleur. Entrer à La Khaima c'est faire l'expérience d'une temporalité autre. On y vient entre amis et en famille pour fêter, pour gouter les cérémonies, les saveurs, les couleurs, la gastronomie et l'ambiance de l'Afrique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Khaima reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012The food was so tasty, well cooked and the size of the meal was perfect. It's a warm and cozy restaurant with a beautiful decor. The service was great, but when we were ready for our dessert, the waitress completely forgot us and served people that were in the restaurant way after us. It doesn't matter if you're in good company and not in a hurry!Special Features:
- Food was excellent and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Food was excellent and ambiance very good. We were a little group in a private room it was just perfect!! You can bring your wine and food is not expensive.Special Features:
- the owner greeted each dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012the owner greeted each diner and made efforts to accomodate each diner's needs. the restaurant is decorated like you're inside a bedouin tent. the food was excellent! good value for what you get. I would go backSpecial Features:
- I liked the low seating onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012I liked the low seating on pillows and cultural feel. The staff was friendly. It took a long time get to my wine opened, but overall the service was nice. I was a little confused how the menu worked but I was fine with a huge plate we all share and the format they served it in. The lamb and vegitarian dish were very good, the chicken was not that great but I don't like ginger so it was just not my taste. I would recommend this restaurant. The location is weird and parking is bad. Walking through the kitchen to get your table was odd also but I much rather prefer where we were seated so it did't really bother me. The prices was very reasonable during the special event.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012The food is good, even if the portions aren't large, and we've had great experience at La Khaima before. But the staff did not know how to handle the restaurant with more than a few tables full, which was the case this time. We were the (hopefully the only one) table that fell through the cracks: we were there for three hours, and not because we wanted to linger. The service was terrible. I think we went an hour at one point without any interaction with the staff. We were also not served all the items on the MTL à Table set menu, but were charged the full amount. Still, we tipped 15%. But it was not deserved this time.
- Great reception, really goodvlimogesDined on 11/6/2012Great reception, really good food, very enjoyable atmosphere and overall a great place!
- Good food, not much of a choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Good food, not much of a choice but as everything is freshly home-made, I believe it is quality. Nice waitress, the decoration is like the interior of a nomadic Mauritanian tent (khaima in Arabic means tent). Cool place, good food and cheap. great value!Special Features:
- Bon, mais!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012La nourriture est bonne, mais un peu mince sur la quantité de viande.
- We were 2 couples and we lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012We were 2 couples and we loved every aspect of this restaurant. The food was great, the ambiance was great. Very warm welcome and service.Special Features:
- Exceeds expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012The food and service was absolutely delightful. TO be honest, It's not the kind of place I would have walked in from the street. But it just proves that even the tattiest book can have a wonderful story.Special Features:
- Nous sommes allées à ce restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Nous sommes allées à ce restaurant dans le cade de Montréal à table, ce fut une belle occassion de découvrir ce restaurant. La nourriture est bonne toutefois étant donné que nous partagions les plats ce n'étaient pas très chaud, le service est excellent par tout le personnel. Une mauvaise ventilation fait que tous nos vêtements sentent la nourriture, ce fut pour moi un point négatif. Nous sommes contents d'avoir essayer le restaurant mais je ne retournerais pas.