La Humita Restaurant
3466 N Pulaski
Chicago, IL 60641Neighborhood:
Avondale / Irving Park
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Humita Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lahumita.com/
- Phone: 7737949672
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from La Humita Restaurant
This tasteful Avondale restaurant serves Ecuadorian cuisine in a contemporary atmosphere. The house specialty La Humita, is a traditional appetizer from Ecuador consisting of fresh corn and cheese, steamed inside a corn husk. Also offered are empanadas Chilenas, fried turnovers stuffed with meat, onions, eggs, olives and raisins and llapingachos, potato pancakes served with fried eggs, chorizo and avocado. For dessert, try the quimbolito,a pudding laced with cognac and raisins and steamed in a cornhusk; El Balcon (the Balcony), the Latin lounge upstairs from La Humita, offers cocktails, appetizer and entrees, plus free live music Friday -Saturday nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Humita Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointingMichaelScottVIPDined on 3/28/2014I very much wanted to like this restaurant: the space is warm and inviting, it is clean and tastefully decorated and the service is very friendly and attentive. The food, however, is not good. It's not bad, but it is not good. We tried several dishes on the menu, and only enjoyed the humitas, which are much lighter and sweeter than tamales, which they resemble. After that, the menu careens downhill, at a fair clip. I had the sausage plate: not good. My companion had the shrimp and rice: not good. We tried a turnover: ugh (once we managed to crack the cement-like pastry, the filling was just ok). And so on. It's too bad; it seems like a family place that I could really become attached to.
- Great Ecuadoran FoodBeccaDined on 2/14/2014We came for Valentines day and the food was fabulous. Drinks were spot on (try anything with passion fruit!) and the live music was great. Would def go back and would tell friends too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSDM424Dined on 2/14/2014Very good restaurant! Cozy 1st floor dining. Larger space upstairs. Food was excellent. Good display. Drinks were good as well. Nice spot for couples or double dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant withksltDined on 1/19/2014Excellent restaurant with great service. Love the llapingachos (potato pancakes) and ceviche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2013Food is incredible. Very delicious and fast. Very filling and in expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.