La Huaca Peruvian Cuisine
9213 Sierra College Boulevard#140
Roseville, CA 95661Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
La Huaca Peruvian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lahuacarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (916) 771-2558
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
A word from La Huaca Peruvian Cuisine
The initial melting of the culinary tradition of ancient Perú with Spanish cuisine, evolved through immigration and influences of French, Italian, Asian and African people, who modified their traditional cuisines with ingredients available in peruvian geography only. The result: Peruvian Gastronomy, the most diverse in the world. Welcome to the world of peruvian cuisine. Welcome to a whole new adventure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Huaca Peruvian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
La Huaca Peruvian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (11)good for groups (8)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014This was our first time here. The manager and staff were very polite, friendly, and knowledgeable on the various selections of wine and food. We chose one of the different varieties of fresh and flavourful ceviche of octopus, calamari, mahi mahi fish, and shrimp paired with the Peruvian Intipalka Sauvignon Blanc. Our main entrée was a filet mignon over fettuccini pasta with a homemade anticuchera sauce drizzle paired with a Peruvian Malbec. The dessert chosen on recommendation of the manager was a four sample plate of Peruvian ice cream, homemade caramel sauce, rice pudding, and another sauce which was of a chocolate liquid that was extremely tasty paired with a Peruvian Syrah. This is a highly recommended restaurant to anyone who would like to try a new dining experience. They do have a happy hour from 3-6 Monday-Friday and also offer catering for events as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeggyDined on 11/10/2014Have eaten at La Huaca 5 times now. The food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the lamb!garlandDined on 10/31/2014The lamb shank was exceptional. We got the Seco de Cordero con Frijoles (lamb), Pachamanca Tres Carnes (Chicken, beef, and pork), Lomo Saltado (beef), and some fettuccini pasta that had shrimp and asparagus in it, and a calamari starter. I would not bother with the pasta, the meats overshadowed it so much that we were happy we decided to pick out many meals so no one was stuck eating it alone. The calamari's tarter sauce side was really good, and the calamari itself was good, but it was a little overly breaded (if you just enjoy calamari you probably won't mind, because it wasn't chewy or oily). Service was good, we went on Halloween and there was a about 4-5 birthdays going on, so it was kind of slow to get our drinks and orders put in.Special Features:
- New Experience with Peruvian Foodin2eatingDined on 10/25/2014It was our first time eating here and eating this type of food. They use a blend of spices and sauces that make each dish very unique. We liked everything we tried and will be back. Don't remember the name of the appetizer but it had 3 skewers of meat, one chicken, one fish and one beef. The sauce was delicious!Special Features:
- Well done...BirthdayDinerDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant is interesting and a great place for a complete change in dining. The food is different, well prepared and quite good. We like coming here and will certainly be back. We recommend it highly.Special Features:
- First time visitPat4foodDined on 9/20/2014Took a close friend to La Huaca for his birthday dinner. We shared an appetizer and each had an entree. All the food was excellent. We each had a glass of wine, he red, myself white, from an Argentinian winery. We both loved our wines and were aware of slight differences (all good!) from other reds and whites of the same variety that we have had over many years. My friend had dessert - it was the one thing that he would rate "very good" rather than "excellent," but he certainly enjoyed it. Service was outstanding. Ambiance is charming - clean and sophisticated with wall paintings by a Mexican artist. Entrees a bit $$$, but quantity of food matched the quality. I highly recommend this fine ethnic restaurant and definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great, food was meh...outsideeaterVIPDined on 9/10/2014It was our first time at the restaurant and it was pretty empty (two other tables occupied) considering it was "dinnertime". The service was excellent throughout, but unfortunately the food didn't match that. The ceviche was just average and the other appetizers were just ok. Nobody was fighting over them, let's put it that way. On the main course front, the lomo saltado was pretty mediocre. When the dish came out some of the chunks of meat were hot and others were bordering on cool. In the Roseville area, there probably aren't many (if any) other Peruvian restaurants so not sure if there are other local choices. I might give it another shot, but it was just ok!Special Features:
- WonderfulFun4twoDined on 9/4/2014We went here for the first time last night and the food was wonderful. My husband had the Ceviche and he really loved it! I had the filet with mushroom sauce and it was wonderful as well. I would give this pace a try next time you want to go with something new.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014birthday party great service and party hats for everyone. Fun!! Food was very good too!!Special Features:
- Great Memories...!AlanVIPDined on 8/18/2014We visited Peru a year ago... and we went back to La Huaca for a special occasion. It was great fun... and just delightful. And the service was outstanding...! The food is good too, and brought back good memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ManhattanDined on 8/9/2014It was so nice to experience a variation of flavors. The ceviche was perfectly spiced and the lamb shank was incredibly tender with a delicious sauce. Others in my group had seafood dishes that were also uniquely tasty. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieDined on 8/2/2014The first thing we noticed was how nicely decorated and clean the restaurant was. The young lady that took our order was helpful. I had the three meat plate (chicken, beef, pork) served on a bed of potatoes and smothered in a brown sauce. The chicken was a bit tough and a couple of the potatoes were under cooked. The overall taste was good. The white long grain rice that I ordered as a side was excellent. I had a sangria and this is easily the best I've had in the sacramento area. Served with bits of fruit to enhance the flavor. I had the flan for desert. We were served three quarter sized medallions of flan and smothered in a sweet sauce. The flan was too small to appreciate and the sauce was too sweet. Overall the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the La Huaca Peruvian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Not worth the priceValuesearcherDined on 7/19/2014The portions are generous, but the food looks a lot better than it tastes. I've had peruvian food many times and all the dishes we tried here were lacking taste. The prices are also too high for the ambience. It looks like a small, casual dining place where jeans are most fitting, but it charges as if it was a super fine dining restaurant. Expect to pay at least $20 plus tax and tip and drinks per person.Special Features:
- Startled palate!ViajeraDined on 7/5/2014Expand your taste awareness--this is a must-try eatery for those who want something different. I (quite ignorantly) expected the spices to be reminiscent of Mexican food but was delightfully surprised by Peruvian cuisine and its flavors. Every once in a while I'll trip on a restaurant that takes me far from what I know, and the flavors of Peru were savory and fragrant, far from what I knew. La Huaca took me on a delightful, if fleeting, glimpse of Peru; savory, earthy, and spicy without it burning taste buds into numbness--despite my being Mexican, "hot" food disengages my taste buds from more subtle aromas and seasonings. La Huaca opened up the world of flavors. Someday I plan to go to the place where this delicious essence was born.Special Features:
- LaHuaca is awesomelahuacaDined on 6/26/2014Great food, excellent atmosphere and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portions!SuAlDined on 6/25/2014This was my second time dining at La Huaca. The first time I realized that the portions were so generous that splitting the meal with my dining partner would be ideal. We enjoyed a lovely mango Ceasar Salad, delicious ceviche and a very tasty and unique yellow potato and chicken dish. We still had food left over at the end of the meal, not because it wasn't wonderful, but because there was so much of it. Our entire bill, including my glass of wine (also a generous pour) came to less that $45! That is a great bargain for a delightful dinner and dining experience! I will definitely return and bring more friends!Special Features:
- Approved by a native PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We brought our family for Mother's Day and Father's Day. My Peruvian in-laws said it was VERY good, authentic and we all had so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, Fathers day dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Great food and service. A great place for a special occasion or just a good dinner. Will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014This is a great place to go for dinner. The food is excellent and very authentic. The musician that was there on Friday night was very good, but most importantly - not so loud - it was easy to keep up our conversation at the table.Special Features:
- LightingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014The place has great food- but light from the windows made it difficult to see my date. We moved but then the light was in his eyes. We asked if the blinds could be lowered and told "no" Other then that and waitresses with their dresses far too tight and short- the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- Great foodNateVIPDined on 6/8/2014Large portions. We should have shared a dish. The peruvian helado is to die for. Octavio was our server again and did a good job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING RESTAURANTFoodenthusVIPDined on 5/26/2014The food at this restaurant is excellent with a great presentation as well as extremely wonderful service From everyone including the management.... Terrific experience!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great peruvian foodVaneVIPDined on 5/26/2014I loved the place and most importantly the food. Authentic peruvian food, the ceviche, causa and arroz con pato were outstanding.Special Features:
- Unique Dining ExperiencejeckleinVIPDined on 5/25/2014Never had Peruvian food before. Very friendly staff, the food was very good and unique. If you are tired of dining at the same old type of restaurant you should dine at La Huaco. Unique one of a kind place and I do recommend you give it a try. I plan to come back and want to try some of the other foods offered.Special Features:
- Great New TasteRetiredVIPDined on 5/19/2014Excellent friendly service. First time for us to sample Peruvian food. We fojund it to be a great treat. Food was well prepared with excellent seasonings and presentation. Highly recommended. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food10itisDined on 5/17/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. Glad we had someone alone with us that has eaten here before and explained if we all ordered a dish there would be way too much food. One dish is plenty for 2 people to share. Large portions of delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateTigerprince1998Dined on 5/16/2014The food and service at la hueca was absolutely fabulous. We were out on a date and our friends recommended this place. We also remembered this place from a segment on Good Day. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANTFoodenthusVIPDined on 5/12/2014The food is excellent...presentation is outstanding....service is great!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Lovely flavorsNeckokittyDined on 5/11/2014My fourth time there. Always a great meal. We always love going out to resturants with true ethnic flavors. La Huaca does that well.
- Reservation timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We set a 3:45 appt for Sunday and when we arrived they informed us that there were 15 minutes left in the buffet and then they close till 5pm for normal dinner service. They were very accomodating to us and allowed us to come in and eat from the buffet, but I feel like Open Table really dropped the ball on this one. We did not go for the buffet and we had special items we wanted to order. There was nothing on the Open Table site that mentioned this. I am not even sure why you would take any reservations at 3:45 giving a party 15 minutes to eat.Special Features:
- Great Find!lisafs0902Dined on 5/11/2014Tried this for the first time on Mother's Day. Had to wait about 20 minutes past our reservation, but the food was outstanding. Very unique and flavorful.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch BuffetSafety1Dined on 5/11/2014First time there was Mother's day brunch. The food was wonderful. Chiveche was killer. The buffet was refreshed often and kept in top shape. The food was flavorful but not too spicy. There were name tags showing the Peruvian names of each dish. an English version would have been interesting and helpful to diners. The "La Leche de Tigre" was a unique and fun addition for those of us looking for a massive flavor hit. We are definitely planning a return trip to try it on a "normal" evening so we can sample other dishes. The staff was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch!PalacegangDined on 5/11/2014I was really anxious to try their buffet brunch because I am not familiar with Peruvian food. This was an opportunity to try so many delicious, and beautifully prepared items! I was glad they had the dishes labeled, but I still wasn't sure what the dishes were. In fact even when I inquired I was not clear exactly what the dish was, only what the main ingredient was. But it really didn't matter. The spices and sauces were absolutely perfection. So many different dishes to try! The wait staff was attentive and friendly, always checking to see how we were doing. The special, and free, Mother's Day sangria was delightful! I only wish they had brunch more times per year!Special Features:
- Peruvian adventureSunCityAlDined on 4/23/2014Our first time trying Peruvian cuisine was outstanding! Wait staff and management were all friendly and helpful, given our lack of knowledge of Peruvian food and drink. Some exciting new tastes will bring us back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodJeffDined on 4/12/2014We did the Chicharrón de Cerdo appetizer and it was lovely. The sweet potatoes in this appetizer were perfect. I think I may do the main course version of this in the future. I had the lamb as my main course and it was tasty. A friend had the Tacu Tacu de Mariscos and said it was great.Special Features:
- Perfect NightShannonGDined on 4/9/2014The food and service were amazing! They took such great care of my family and ensured my dad's birthday meal was memorable. Lomo Saltado is delicious! We've celebrated two birthdays here and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Taste ExperienceiamfredcDined on 4/5/2014This was my first visit ever to a Peruvian restaurant. I will definitely return again and again. Outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Another tasty dinner!bigaksDined on 4/2/2014We've been to La Huaca before and always have great food and service. Our friends also liked their dishes. Overall it is a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed :(Foodie101Dined on 4/2/2014Clean, nice decor, and friendly staff. But sorry to say, we were underwhelmed by the lack of flavor. Ordered two dishes, and neither had much flavor. No, NOT heat, just flavor. The Loma Saltido, despite what others have written, was NOT Filet. Maybe Top Sirloin? Dish comes with plain rice, onions and tomato slices. Beef was cooked well. Portion size was decent, but overpriced for a simple dish using this cut of beef IMO. We also had a seafood/rice dish (sorry, forgot the name). Very small portion of seafood. By actual count: 2 clams, 4 medium shrimp (31-35's?), and about 5 or 6 small ringlets of squid. Rice was tasty, but was an overly large portion used as a plate filler. Again, overpriced for a mostly rice dish IMO.
- Great Peruvian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/31/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we had a Peruvian restaurant in Roseville. I read great reviews so we decided to try it out. We were greeted warmly by the host and we were seated promptly. I ordered the Lomo Saltado while my husband ordered the Seco con Frijoles. Both dishes were excellent! The beef on the Lomo Saltado was just right and the fries were the right amount of crisp. I also ordered the passion fruit pisco sour which was really good. We had an overall great experience and we will definitely come back. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.