La Hacienda at The Fairmont
7575 E. Princess Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Hacienda at The Fairmont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/
- Phone: 4805854848x7320
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours Dinner Served from 530p-9p Thursday- Monday; dark Tuesday and Wednesday Dinner Served from 530p-10p Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Forest Hamrick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are proud to offer many private dining options at LA HACIENDA | by Richard Sandoval. Private Dining Options: Rotunda Dining Room: 20 seated dinner, 30 cocktail reception. The North Room: 80 seated dinner, 100 cocktail reception. Barbacoa Patio: 100 seated dinner, 150 cocktail reception. Barbacoa & North Room: 180 seated dinner, 250 cocktail reception. Entire Restaurant Buyout: 250 seated dinner, 350 cocktail reception. Contact us today to reserve space for your private function. ¡SALUD!
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Forgione 4805854848x7000
- Entertainment: Featured nightly, enjoy tequila tastings with one of 220+ varietals of tequila. Or you can enjoy one of our freshly made margaritas on our fire pit tables on our patio.
- Special Events: Please contact Outlet Sales Manager, Kristen Forgione for inquires and information. email@example.com.
A word from La Hacienda at The Fairmont
LA HACIENDA | by Richard Sandoval located at the AAA Five-Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale resort. Modern Mexican Cuisine: A culinary philosophy of "old ways with new hands." Authentic Mexican ingredients and contemporary cooking techniques in a modern and casual setting. Artisan tequila tastings featured nightly with recommendations from our Tequila Goddess. Signature items include, Gaucamole prepared tableside, Braised Beef Short Rib Enchiladas, Pistachio Chile Ancho Crusted Tuna, Lobster Tacos, Flaming Coffees and much more! We look forward to seeing you there. SALUD!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Hacienda at The Fairmont reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (19)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- La Hacienda is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at La Hacienda the weekend of Aug. 23. We sat outside on a patio overlooking one of the Scottsdale Princess's beautiful landscapes and a pretty bubbling fountain that was lit up as the sun set. The patio was peaceful, with traditional Mexican music playing on the speakers. The organic margarita, empanadas, lobster tacos, and short ribs were all carefully prepared and tasted exquisite! The pomegranate seeds lent a nice touch of just a little sweetness to the empanadas, and you could really taste the lobster in the lobster tacos. The taste wasn't covered up by a bunch of cheese or cabbage. We can't wait until we go back.Special Features:
- Dinner at La HaciendaGeoffVIPDined on 8/21/2014Outstanding meal. Food quality and service both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!TreacleDined on 8/2/2014We ate at La Hacienda while staying at The Fairmont. I ordered the skirt steak and it was to die for! It's one of the best things I've ever eaten. Make sure to order one of the dessert drinks...the show is impressive! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014It's been years since the last time I dined at La Hacienda - waited too long! The food was excellent and took advantage of their extensive tequila list. I was happy to see tequila flights offered. The service was fantastic - always attentive without being overbearing. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunkistannieDined on 8/2/2014Food was really great, service was excellent. Prices were ok, alittle loud inside.Special Features:
- Will go again!sheazDined on 7/22/2014Really enjoyed our evening at LaHacienda. Our server was energetic, friendly, explained the menu and answered any questions we had with enthusiasm. We tried the Guavatini and the Margarita ... very good. For an appetizer we had the guacamole sampler - we finished all three! We tried the crab enchiladas and pork shoulder . . . We recommend both! We finished with sorbet and were quite full when we left. All of the staff was friendly. We will go back and certainly feel comfortable taking out-of-town guests!Special Features:
- Terrific FajitasHughVIPDined on 7/19/2014Best beef fajitas I've ever had. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- DisappointedArizonanVIPDined on 7/12/2014We always enjoy Richard Sandoval's Tamayo restaurant when we visit Denver. The food is creative, tasty, lighter Mexican fare. So, we were disappointed to find that he has lent his name to a restaurant where the food is poorly conceived and executed. My seabass dish was awful--fried in a thick batter (not the tempura it was described as), as a result the fish was overcooked and mealy (who has ever had mealy Chilean seabass?) The fish The slaw was tasty and provided crunch---it was the best part of the dish. Tacos too were a disappointed. In Denver, they are very tasty; here the flavor was underwhelming. Needless to say we are in no rush to go back.Special Features:
- Will definitely eat here again!CarefreeVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I were really surprised and happy that we gave La Hacienda a chance! I was really happy with my meal the filet with enchiladas and peppers and onions. The filet was cooked perfectly and the enchiladas were very good. My husband had the fajitas, which came with rice and beans. Normally he's not a fan of the beans, but surprisingly he ate all of the beans and rice and said he really liked the beans. Our server was very good and explained the dishes and the ingredients to us.They also have a wonderful Happy Hour that we will try very soon! The restaurant is very clean and much larger than we thought.The only thing that surprised me was the chairs, you sink down, if you are short the table is really high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obtuse ServiceMikeVIPDined on 7/9/2014How far this wonderful restaurant has fallen. The food holds its own. However, The management has completely allowed the service to collapse. Our group was very disappointed in the service. Starting with the hostess all the way thru they acted very wooden and felt put out that we showed up. We felt unwelcome. It was hard to communicate with the staff. Only one exception goes to the young man making the dessert. He showed great enthusiasm. We can remember when this was a must visit...now it is a must not! There are way too many better options.
- Truly disappointingraceloverVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our ceviche had very little seafood in it--really disappointing on flavor too. Had the carnitas tacos, which were completely overwhelmed by the crema and avocado. They were a soupy mess. My date's enchiladas were better. Very disappointing, especially as it was our anniversary. I'd recommend sol Cochina doe the street instead.
- Not the best in AZ!SusanDined on 7/5/2014All the reviews said this was the best Mexican restaurant in AZ. The food was not even close to Elote Cafe in Sedona or even Los Sombreros. My filet was fantastic. Great, juicy flavors, however the rest of the dish (cheese enchilladas were yucky) and the pork dish my fiance had were DRY and flavorless. My pork roast is better at home. Restaurant is PLAIN. Lots of tables in a big room. nothing to write home to mom about,
- Wonderful Evening.feliznavidadDined on 7/4/2014We truly enjoyed ourselves. The food was lovely, service excellent, atmosphere was pretty, and the Fourth of July concert was tons of fun.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Food was excellent and our server Monte was great. Would recommend to all my friends and family.Special Features:
- La HaciendaDineraterDined on 7/3/2014We had fond memories of La Hacienda from twenty years ago. Unfortunately, this La Hacienda did not live up to expectations. The service was excellent, but the food did not live up to the price. My wife had the filet mignon and it was a little on the tough side. I had the pork shoulder and it was pretty fatty. We used to love to get the pork sliced right at your table, but they no longer offer that. The guacamole that is prepared tableside was very good. Overall, would probably not go back, too many other restaurants that provide better value for you money, food, ambiance, etc.Special Features:
- Delicious + great drinksJustinerlDined on 7/3/2014My 3 taco entree was delicious; love fresh guacamole they make at table. Also tons of Tequila, good wine and margaritas. Only downside was we had 6 and they gave us a very large round table so that you could only talk to person right next to each of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrewDrooDined on 6/28/2014Overpriced, dated atmosphere, resort "tourist" feel, average food.Special Features:
- Good food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014First thing right off the bat when we got there we noticed there was a large tabletop set up and we were right next to it! I was out with my wife for a quiet dinner will once the party started to show up the quiet part was over. Then there was the server this guy was really nice but Would leave and not show up 10 minutes or more time. Never came and checked to see how the food was . Fortunately, the food was good. When I finally caught him over 40 mins later I confronted him about the poor service he apologized and bought dessert. he was consistent once we ordered dessert it took forever just ice cream. There's just not enough characters left to tell the entire story he was terrible and didn't seem to care he gave bad service with a smile
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the level of service and quality of the drinks. The food is high quality and well presented. I would recommend to anyone looking for a upscale experience featuring authentic Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelissaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Terrible service and the food was marginal. Not a do again.
- best for outdoor diningMarieDined on 6/7/2014Our expectations were higher than what we experienced... We were sitting inside and it was rather boring, the food was good and the service great, but we did not find any atmosphere. Our previous dining on the patio was such a pleasant experience, very relaxing, enjoying the music, the quality of food seemed to be better as well. We'll try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican FoodcayordaDined on 6/1/2014We love Mexican food. A lot of times Mexican food served around tastes all the same and looks like a big mound of garbage on a plate. At La Hacienda the food is thoughtfully prepared and beautifully presented. The best part is the food is the best Mexican food you'll find in Arizona and probably one of the top in the United States. Our other favourites are Rick Bayless' restaurants in Chicago. This is top notch Mexican food and is very refined. The restaurant itself is on a beautiful property, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Hotel. You can go in a group and have a blast or go with your significant other for a very romantic dinner. Also if you enjoy tequila, their list of options and flights you can sample is huge.Special Features:
- herbodocVIPDined on 5/31/2014although the dinner was nice, I feel that it is very pricey for what is offered. Also, there is a scarcity of fin seafood which this restaurant was formerly noted for... huachinango etc . We will probably not go back to have expensive salmon as the only non fried fish option.Special Features:
- dinner for 8CaroleSDined on 5/24/2014hosted a small dinner for an 80th birthday. service, food, and adult beverage selection were superb. Menu had something to please everyone. Ambiance upscale.Special Features:
- Always a good experience!ChloeDined on 5/24/2014Food is always wonderful and service very good. Nice little dining cove for those of us who want to sit away from the crowds and families with children. They are very accommodating. Casual in the summer, but very nice for special occasions and holidays. Great menu!Special Features:
- Appetizers OnlyDisappointedDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I along with our friends were looking forward to dining at La Hacienda particularly because of the reputation of the chef, Richard Sandoval. The guacamole starter and appetizers (Tacos de Langosta) did not disappoint. However, the main dishes left a lot to be desired. The Carnitas Hacienda was presented as a chunk of over cooked pork thrown on a plate with a smattering of avocado salsa hidden under a stack of slaw. The Robalo Tempura (tempura sea bass) was hidden by an over abundance of cabbage. The other 2 dishes were mediocre at best. Unlikely we will be repeat customers
- Romantic ambience and great dinnerMarieDined on 5/20/2014I invited a friend for her birthday and we had dinner outside with great music, beautiful views and a delicious dinner, and it's very consistent. What a perfect way to end the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princess not to be a QueenGreatGourmet2Dined on 5/16/2014Considering the environment and cost, I would expect better food. Our party of 4 rated their dishes from good to very good. My sea bass was very fresh but heavily coated and oily in a "tempura" batter. Salsa and guacamole were very bland. Too many excellent restaurants to choose from in Scottsdale means no return visit.
- Great drinks, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2014This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant. It did not disapoint. The water was very friendly and helpful and provided great service. The guacomole is superb. My sister had the mole chicken and found it delicious. I had the fajitas. The chicken was great but skip the shrimp, they were tasty but overcooked. Still a great restaurant and we will definitely go back when we are in Phoenix.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014Not diverse enough menu. Beautiful setting. Service a little slow. Reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- The following 320 reviews are from the La Hacienda at The Fairmont reviews archive.
- terrible service marginal foodIluvmexDined on 4/29/2014Booked a table outside; they tried to put us inside even though there were many tables available outside and throughout our evening there. We were then assigned the most detached, disinterested waiter I've ever had. He seemed almost angry to have to wait on us. He never once checked on us, didn't refresh our glasses despite our $40 pitcher of sangria sitting there in plain sight. Food was bland, and tasteless. It took 35 minutes after our plates were taken away to finally have someone bring us our bill. I considered for the first time ever, to not leave a tip! Definitely not worth the visit or the price given the marginal food and terrible service.
- Average MexicanwandererDined on 4/18/2014We were expecting better than average modern Mexican fare. This is not the case. Pork carnitas was okay but accompanying habenero slaw was plain boring. Crab enchiladas not any better. Overall, we would not recommend. They need to liven their food and give it a bit of flair. Margeritas could not even help but they were excellent but pricey.Special Features:
- EhhhKC44VIPDined on 4/12/2014I had high hopes that were quickly dashed from the start. Hostess could not get the idea of two couples adding up to four people. Portions were small and most items are over priced. Stick with a more basic Mexican restaurant where you get what you pay for. I stopped at Cheesecake Factory on the way home bc the tacos were tiny! haSpecial Features:
- Our ServersLuv2dineDined on 4/12/2014Husband's birthday. Amy was our server and rocked!! Service excellent but not hovering. Complimentary churro with 3 yummy sauces and coffee awesome! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As I HeardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014The food was tasty, but not what I expected. I guess I'm more of a sucker for the hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint compared to over-priced sub-par food. But since it was not on my dime, not complaining. My buddy got the skirt steak and that had excellent flavor. Our service was okay, but had to ask several times for extra tortillas and hot sauce. It is worth going one time for the experience, but not a place I would frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matt4Burgiomatt4burgioDined on 4/7/2014When we arrived. We were greeted by maitre de. Our waiter was Ray. We highly recommend him. He was very helpful when ordering and explaining the menu and he was very accomodating. We proceeded to dinning area after drinks and appetizers on the patio. At that point the service escaladed to Ray and 2 bus boys (1 was a girl). Unfortunately, the music did not follow us.The selection was extensive. He was there to serve our every whim. The appetizer , drinks and main course were superb, however 2 of the 3 desserts we ordered were not.Overall, the expeience, ambiance, food and service was excellant! I rate it 4.75 stars only because the cappucino and ice cream were mediocre.Special Features:
- MediocreEdbhDined on 4/4/2014Service good, food average, not what I expected at the Fairmont.
- Upscale Mexican FoodFoodiegalDined on 4/4/2014I liked the venue, being located in the Fairmont Princess Resort in North Scottsdale, and also newly renovated in the last year or two. The outdoor tables were unique with a firepit in the center of each. The sangria and guacomole were both delicious as appetizers. Everyone enjoyed their main course - carnitas, and chicken and beef fajitas. We had a birthday at our table, and they brought a lovely flan specialty dessert, which was a nice surprise. Another nice touch was valet parking, which was free with a validation from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Cool location, so-so foodNottheIronChefDined on 4/1/2014I can only assume the restaurant is listed in the Top 10 in Scottsdale because of its location and decor - it can't be for the food or cost. $14 for a bad margarita is a little much, but $30 plus for dry pork is insane. I have visited some of the finest restaurants around the world, and this certainly is memorable in only one aspect - cost versus benefit. Three of us had separate entrees, and none were worth the cost. Granted, the chef tries to create unique dishes, but the result - at least for ours - was unsuccessful. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone unwilling to sink a couple of hundred dollars into a failed experiment.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014We were not informed about the happy hour drinks or menu in the bar, had to ask, the margaritas were $6 instead of $12. A big difference. Overpriced average Mexican food. service was poor, food was served warm. We felt we were troubling the wait staff when asking a question, or requesting an item. This used to be a great place to go, its certainly changed.