La Hacienda at The Fairmont
7575 E. Princess Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Hacienda at The Fairmont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/dining/la-hacienda
- Phone: (480) 585-4848 ext. 7320
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served from 530p-9p Thursday- Monday; dark Tuesday and Wednesday
Dinner Served from 530p-10p Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Forest Hamrick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are proud to offer many private dining options at LA HACIENDA | by Richard Sandoval. Private Dining Options:
Rotunda Dining Room: 20 seated dinner, 30 cocktail reception.
The North Room: 80 seated dinner,
100 cocktail reception.
Barbacoa Patio: 100 seated dinner, 150 cocktail reception.
Barbacoa & North Room: 180 seated dinner, 250 cocktail reception.
Entire Restaurant Buyout: 250 seated dinner, 350 cocktail reception.
Contact us today to reserve space for your private function. ¡SALUD!
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Pate 4805854848x7000
- Entertainment: Featured nightly, enjoy tequila tastings with one of 220+ varietals of tequila. Or you can enjoy one of our freshly made margaritas on our fire pit tables on our patio.
- Special Events: Please contact Outlet Sales Manager, Jessica Pate for inquires and information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from La Hacienda at The Fairmont
LA HACIENDA | by Richard Sandoval located at the AAA Five-Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale resort. Modern Mexican Cuisine: A culinary philosophy of "old ways with new hands." Authentic Mexican ingredients and contemporary cooking techniques in a modern and casual setting. Artisan tequila tastings featured nightly with recommendations from our Tequila Goddess. Signature items include, Gaucamole prepared tableside, Braised Beef Short Rib Enchiladas, Pistachio Chile Ancho Crusted Tuna, Lobster Tacos, Flaming Coffees and much more! We look forward to seeing you there. SALUD!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Hacienda at The Fairmont reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (38)special occasion (30)romantic (29)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Yummy :)YummyYucky88Dined on 11/22/2014Love the carnitas, yummy yummy ;) Ceviche was average Guacamole and chips were fantastic Margaritas are perfect (no sweet and sour, just lime juice)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedamazingDined on 11/14/2014I was excited to go to this restaurant for the first time. When we got there, it looked impressive. We asked to be seated outside, and there was one table that just needed to be cleared. The hostess brought us there and said someone would be right over to clean it. After five minutes, we went back to the hostess stand to be seated in another location because the table had still not been cleared. She apologized and got us a seat inside. The food was very good. High priced, but well priced for the quality of the food and the location of the establishment. What was not OK was the service. Although friendly, the server never seemed to be attentive to our needs. I saw him spend a lot of time with larger tables (bigger potential tips i presume). My table played the game of, make sure we have 5 or more minutes to flag down the server. I grew up in the industry. My family owned several high end locations and catering businesses. At the end of the day, the price you pay for a restaurant based on its food quality, location and service. Based on service, the meal cost at $50+/person with only a meal and 1 appatizer ordered and no alcohol, was very over priced.Special Features:
- No What It Used to BeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2014La Hacienda used to be one of those special places where you always took visitors and reserved for that special night out. Not any more. It's doesn't feel upscale any more and both the food and the service make it feel like a chain restaurant. What a disappointment. Richard Sandoval has turned La Hacienda into one of his "mall restsurants".
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/13/2014Very good Mexican/Southwestern food served by friendly stafg. Don't miss the grilled fish and guacamole. Nice selection of tequilla, wine and beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanJC224Dined on 11/9/2014We go here whenever we are in Scottsdale. We love the food, atmosphere and everything about it. You can easily order all apps and make a night of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale mexicanoutandaboutDined on 11/7/2014was staying at the Fairmont and was happy to find some options, La Hacienda was perfect for what we were looking forSpecial Features:
- Good to GreatLSC1Dined on 10/27/2014I've eaten here several times on my trips to Scottsdale, even when I'm not staying at the Fairmont. The "Good" is the food. It's good but not great. Maybe I just haven't found there specialty yet. The one exception is the Guacamole which is excellent. The "Great" part of this review is the drinks. They make some of the best Margueritas you will ever find and on that, I'm an expert. This is a great choice for groups for apps, drinks and light dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mexican food!MeinazDined on 10/17/2014Had a large group and was excited that we were seated at a round table without asking! Had a couple of different guacamole sand they were wonderful! Even some of our guests who dont't like guacamole loved them! Dinner was fantastic, very accommodating and would recommend this restaurant to anyone..not your typical Mexican fare!Special Features:
- Very good Mexican foodSueMVIPDined on 10/17/2014La Hacienda was recommended by our out of town guests. A huge favorite of theirs. Really glad we tried it and will certainly return.Special Features:
- La Hacienda gourmet mexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014On our last night of a golf vacation to Phoenix, we searched for a great Mexican restaurant and found a list rating La Hacienda as the #1 Mexican place in the Phoenix area. It is located in a huge hotel resort complex that reminded me of resorts in the Cancun area. Lots of outside seating with torches and fireside tables for diners. The menu was not at all typical but instead a giant step above with innovative dishes and exotic margaritas. Of special note is their Tequila bar featuring 200 varieties of tequilas at all price points. Spendy for some of the extras like flaming coffees or super premium tequilas, but entrees were generally in the $20 range. You won't be disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!traveltooVIPDined on 10/9/2014From a perfectly balanced margarita to sublime apps and dinner, the food was wonderful. Our server, Alphonso, was helpful and attentive, but not overly so. The decor and ambiance were tasteful and inviting. We would go back again in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Great for Gluten-Free!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Our server was very knowledgeable with my restrictions, and made sure the food delivered was made Gluten-FreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Took a group here for dinner wile in town for meetings. Worked out perfectly - great food - especially the guacamole appetizer plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hotel restaurantMattVIPDined on 10/1/2014Really nothing to complain about with the service, the food or the scene. The prices are a little steep, but it's in a Fairmont resort, so it's not unexpected. The drink options were enjoyable plentiful - and we did not save room for dessert.Special Features:
- The best Mexican food!TheReyesDined on 9/20/2014Delicious food! Portions are small. I born and grew up in Mexico City so it's hard for me to find a place with good Mexican food, but this place exceeds my expectations.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mexican Food- Recommend!Chicago2014Dined on 9/19/2014This is a great restaurant and is fit for "foodies." We brought our two kids with us for a 6 PM dinner and by the time left, the restaurant was full. We started with table-side made guacamole and it was great. I had the 6 oz. filet and it was delicious. My husband had the tempera-battered sea bass and while it was very good, he thought that dinner was better. Our server and the wait staff were very attentive. They also have a children's menu and my two boys had fantastic tasting "nino" steaks. I had a great Eldorado (Cadillac) margarita, but it was pricey - $18. The standard margarita was not nearly as good as the Eldorado. My only negative comment was that the margaritas were too $$, but besides this, dinner was perfect. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereSalGal2Dined on 9/16/2014Brought an out-of-town guest here because he requested Mexican! Nice atmosphere, food was good, margarita was delicious - service was OK, nothing to brag about & we were satisfied using a friend's diner card for a BIG savings, had we paid FULL price not so sure my review would have been as high.Special Features:
- Upscale MexicanCarolHDined on 9/12/2014Every course was delicious and unique, starting with the tableside guacamole and ending with coconut sorbet and cappuccino. We will definitely visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, server disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food is excellent and usually the service matches that effort. This time the food still gets 5 stars but if only the server matched the efforts by wait staff. It might sound mundane but little things do matter: such as her being put off for a request for extra chips for the fabulous guacamole. Fortunately, support staff to the rescue. She really never came back to check dinners, for drink orders or even dessert, so we waited..25-mins later, we gave up and had to track her down to get the check..as she was too busy gossiping with another server...Of course, there was not a "thank you" or "have a nice night." Just a note for all When even a great meal ends like that, it can leave a sour taste...so be attentive start to finishSpecial Features:
- La Hacienda is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at La Hacienda the weekend of Aug. 23. We sat outside on a patio overlooking one of the Scottsdale Princess's beautiful landscapes and a pretty bubbling fountain that was lit up as the sun set. The patio was peaceful, with traditional Mexican music playing on the speakers. The organic margarita, empanadas, lobster tacos, and short ribs were all carefully prepared and tasted exquisite! The pomegranate seeds lent a nice touch of just a little sweetness to the empanadas, and you could really taste the lobster in the lobster tacos. The taste wasn't covered up by a bunch of cheese or cabbage. We can't wait until we go back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Hi, It has been several years since I had visited the Hacienda restaurant. I was disappointed. The guacamole with crab was wonderful and we should have stopped there. I had the chicken mole and my husband had the enchilada's. The meals were very bland and not what we expected. I hope it was just an off night. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Dinner at La HaciendaGeoffVIPDined on 8/21/2014Outstanding meal. Food quality and service both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!TreacleVIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate at La Hacienda while staying at The Fairmont. I ordered the skirt steak and it was to die for! It's one of the best things I've ever eaten. Make sure to order one of the dessert drinks...the show is impressive! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014It's been years since the last time I dined at La Hacienda - waited too long! The food was excellent and took advantage of their extensive tequila list. I was happy to see tequila flights offered. The service was fantastic - always attentive without being overbearing. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunkistannieDined on 8/2/2014Food was really great, service was excellent. Prices were ok, alittle loud inside.Special Features:
- The following 345 reviews are from the La Hacienda at The Fairmont reviews archive.
- Will go again!sheazDined on 7/22/2014Really enjoyed our evening at LaHacienda. Our server was energetic, friendly, explained the menu and answered any questions we had with enthusiasm. We tried the Guavatini and the Margarita ... very good. For an appetizer we had the guacamole sampler - we finished all three! We tried the crab enchiladas and pork shoulder . . . We recommend both! We finished with sorbet and were quite full when we left. All of the staff was friendly. We will go back and certainly feel comfortable taking out-of-town guests!Special Features:
- Terrific FajitasHughVIPDined on 7/19/2014Best beef fajitas I've ever had. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- DisappointedArizonanVIPDined on 7/12/2014We always enjoy Richard Sandoval's Tamayo restaurant when we visit Denver. The food is creative, tasty, lighter Mexican fare. So, we were disappointed to find that he has lent his name to a restaurant where the food is poorly conceived and executed. My seabass dish was awful--fried in a thick batter (not the tempura it was described as), as a result the fish was overcooked and mealy (who has ever had mealy Chilean seabass?) The fish The slaw was tasty and provided crunch---it was the best part of the dish. Tacos too were a disappointed. In Denver, they are very tasty; here the flavor was underwhelming. Needless to say we are in no rush to go back.Special Features:
- Will definitely eat here again!CarefreeVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I were really surprised and happy that we gave La Hacienda a chance! I was really happy with my meal the filet with enchiladas and peppers and onions. The filet was cooked perfectly and the enchiladas were very good. My husband had the fajitas, which came with rice and beans. Normally he's not a fan of the beans, but surprisingly he ate all of the beans and rice and said he really liked the beans. Our server was very good and explained the dishes and the ingredients to us.They also have a wonderful Happy Hour that we will try very soon! The restaurant is very clean and much larger than we thought.The only thing that surprised me was the chairs, you sink down, if you are short the table is really high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obtuse ServiceMikeVIPDined on 7/9/2014How far this wonderful restaurant has fallen. The food holds its own. However, The management has completely allowed the service to collapse. Our group was very disappointed in the service. Starting with the hostess all the way thru they acted very wooden and felt put out that we showed up. We felt unwelcome. It was hard to communicate with the staff. Only one exception goes to the young man making the dessert. He showed great enthusiasm. We can remember when this was a must visit...now it is a must not! There are way too many better options.
- Truly disappointingraceloverVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our ceviche had very little seafood in it--really disappointing on flavor too. Had the carnitas tacos, which were completely overwhelmed by the crema and avocado. They were a soupy mess. My date's enchiladas were better. Very disappointing, especially as it was our anniversary. I'd recommend sol Cochina doe the street instead.
- Not the best in AZ!SusanDined on 7/5/2014All the reviews said this was the best Mexican restaurant in AZ. The food was not even close to Elote Cafe in Sedona or even Los Sombreros. My filet was fantastic. Great, juicy flavors, however the rest of the dish (cheese enchilladas were yucky) and the pork dish my fiance had were DRY and flavorless. My pork roast is better at home. Restaurant is PLAIN. Lots of tables in a big room. nothing to write home to mom about,
- Wonderful Evening.feliznavidadDined on 7/4/2014We truly enjoyed ourselves. The food was lovely, service excellent, atmosphere was pretty, and the Fourth of July concert was tons of fun.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Food was excellent and our server Monte was great. Would recommend to all my friends and family.Special Features:
- La HaciendaDineraterDined on 7/3/2014We had fond memories of La Hacienda from twenty years ago. Unfortunately, this La Hacienda did not live up to expectations. The service was excellent, but the food did not live up to the price. My wife had the filet mignon and it was a little on the tough side. I had the pork shoulder and it was pretty fatty. We used to love to get the pork sliced right at your table, but they no longer offer that. The guacamole that is prepared tableside was very good. Overall, would probably not go back, too many other restaurants that provide better value for you money, food, ambiance, etc.Special Features:
- Delicious + great drinksJustinerlDined on 7/3/2014My 3 taco entree was delicious; love fresh guacamole they make at table. Also tons of Tequila, good wine and margaritas. Only downside was we had 6 and they gave us a very large round table so that you could only talk to person right next to each of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrewDrooDined on 6/28/2014Overpriced, dated atmosphere, resort "tourist" feel, average food.Special Features:
- Good food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014First thing right off the bat when we got there we noticed there was a large tabletop set up and we were right next to it! I was out with my wife for a quiet dinner will once the party started to show up the quiet part was over. Then there was the server this guy was really nice but Would leave and not show up 10 minutes or more time. Never came and checked to see how the food was . Fortunately, the food was good. When I finally caught him over 40 mins later I confronted him about the poor service he apologized and bought dessert. he was consistent once we ordered dessert it took forever just ice cream. There's just not enough characters left to tell the entire story he was terrible and didn't seem to care he gave bad service with a smile
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the level of service and quality of the drinks. The food is high quality and well presented. I would recommend to anyone looking for a upscale experience featuring authentic Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelissaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Terrible service and the food was marginal. Not a do again.