740 Kenilworth Boulevard
Kenilworth, NJ 07033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lagriglia.com/
- Phone: 9082410031x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Tocci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer four different Private Rooms that can accommodate from 10-80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Anibal 9082410031x
A word from La Griglia
With a unique combination of sophisticated atmosphere, an extensive wine list, and contemporary cuisine with a focus on seafood, La Griglia offers a taste of Italy far from the ordinary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Griglia - Best Restaurants in Kenilworth ›
La Griglia reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (25)romantic (25)great for lunch (18)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Still My FavoiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014I have been dining at La Griglia for years and like to try other restaurants. When quality of food and service are rated, La Griglia is still my number one! I have never been disappointed here. The Cajun calamari is our obligatory appetizer and the portion is enough for several to share. Menu selections are ample as are the daily specials. I was hoping that soft shell crabs would be featured on a recent visit, and they were. The presentation was exquisite as was the taste. My husband had the Parmesan crusted veal chop which was just delicious. Dessert choices are varied and wonderful. Coffee was piping hot!Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I am a big foodie and this was my first time here as I am from farther up in NJ. I have to say the food was amazing! You must get the Calamari!!! I've never had it cooked that way and it was fantastic. The oysters were very fresh. I got the Chicken Giambotta and I HIGHLY recommend it! And the portion was incredible I couldn't even finish it and I'm 6'3 200lbs I can eat! Great upscale place for NJ. I guess the only reason I didn't give it five stars is I'm used to NYC decor but this place is worth(very nice inside) it and if I lived around there I'd be a regular. Food is definitely a five!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NICE!FuntimesVIPDined on 8/22/2014My daughter and I had lunch here before shopping for her Bridal dress down the street. The food was very good, fresh and tasty. The salad we felt was a little lacking as well as the dressings, but the pasta she ordered was perfect as well as my linguini and clams. The linguini was cooked to perfection. Our waiter Tony was very good and very helpful throughout our lunch. I ordered 2 pork chops to go for hubby at home and a few hours later he said they were some of the best he had ever had. Will definitely return. It is also nice that they are open for lunch. Sometimes it is hard to find a "nice place" to sit down and enjoy a nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperLBVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great neighborhood find. Food was excellent & it brought back memories of the Italian restaurant frequented by Tony Soprano where everyone knew everyone else. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningbirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/16/2014For starters, a dozen icy cold oysters, briny and full bodied, just superb. Bone in filet mignon with herb rub always a hit with us. We ran into friends at La Griglia and recommended the bone in filet. After their meal, they thanked us for the great suggestion. I chose the crab cakes with beurre blanc sauce and side of broccoli rabe. LG is my go to place for (outrageous) crab cakes. Dessert was fabulous. Fresh blueberry semi freddo with puff pastry, a new item on the menu, was over the top. The wait staff is always attentive and considerate. Our waiter, Tony, made our dining experience a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dooderDined on 8/16/2014we eat out too much,,,this is one of out favorites.never been disappointed.Special Features:
- A really nice experienceJerseyguyDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to La Griglia in some time. We found the service to be extremely attentive and professional. Drinks and arrived quickly and we never felt rushed by our serving people. Appetizer was excellent as were the entrees. Prices were in line with other restaurants in this category and we will definitely make this a regular spot.
- foodDined on 8/7/2014The service is great, valet parking, table service, and last but not least is the great food. I also like that you pick up left overs at the coat check leaving the table clear for coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bone in filetMikeycDined on 8/2/2014This place has one of the best bone in filet's I have ever had!!you need to try it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014The food and service was excellent. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- Just greatdinnerisgoodDined on 7/30/2014La Griglia is consistently great. Food and service couldn't be better. Good for friends catching up and for business. They don't rush you but are there to meet your needs.Special Features:
- La GrigliaMikeGDined on 7/26/2014La Griglia - Always a reliable place for a classy and delicious meal. The attention to detail and service continue to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVinceVIPDined on 7/24/2014food quality, service, cleanliness makes me always want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid!!FresserVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food, service, ambiance, management always very good. You can depend on dining with pleasure at this rock solid restaurant.
- good but surprising busymalcivVIPDined on 7/22/2014Had a business dinner there on a Tuesday. Food was great. Service started out good, but things got really slow as the night went on and the restaurant got busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++ business lunches perfect placeMD33Dined on 7/18/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Fair prices. The whole menu is worth a try. Seafood to steak. And everything in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMCNJ2Dined on 7/10/2014I was impressed with how attentive and polite all of the staff was from the guys parking the cars to our waitress. One of my colleagues had recommended this for our business lunch and it turned out to have been a great choice. I had the price fix lunch which offered a great variety and was an exceptional value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealbirdsthewordVIPDined on 6/28/2014Totally enjoyed the mussels appetizer along with briny cold oysters. The crab cake and ahi tuna appetizers our friends had were also a hit. Entrees of bronzino, soft shell crab, halibut and sauteed shrimp were cooked to perfection. Our server was attentive and honored all requests. The Quintessa cabernet was excellent and enjoyed by all. Coffee and dessert completed a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!klapsDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I dined at LaGriglia this past Saturday. We were seated upstairs, which we normally don't like, but we were well taken care of. (There were some crying children downstairs anyway.) Our waiter, Cesar, took great care of us. His service was very professional and attentive. The room filled up quickly, but the noise was not overwhelming in any way. We were very impressed with the Wine List. We split the Belgian Endive Salad, which was delicious. My husband ordered the Bone-In Filet, which he was a little disappointed with. I ate the Red Snapper, which was great. We split the sorbet trio for dessert. We would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite place to dinebirdsthewordVIPDined on 6/21/2014We dine often at La Griglia's where we can always count on a great dinner. The seafood specials like the Bronzino, Cod or Halibut are our favorite choices after having a dozen cold, briny oysters. My husband loves the filet mignon on the bone with hand rubbed seasoning. My go to dinner is the zuppa de pesce fra diavolo and I love the La griglia crab cakes, with a different twist on this seafood delight. The cakes are broiled, with a delicate consistency on the inside and served with a buerre blanc sauce. The servers and bussers are always on top of things and the service runs like a swiss watch. The wine list is outstanding. A must try for those who like great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edjjgVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food is classic northern Italian and the wine list is exceptional. Definitely a place to seek out Italian wines that one seldom sees which are sold at a fair price.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014The food was very tasty and the service was excellent ! I will be returning againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKevparcDined on 6/14/2014Everything was great. Food was so good I couldn't stop eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, wine & atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/4/2014La Griglia always is top notch, food, wine, service and atmosphere. Tony is always welcoming and on top of everything.Special Features:
- La Griglia - pricey, but worth itDomTDined on 5/31/2014We made 8PM reservations and saw the place was packed - and lots of people waiting to be seated. However, we were taken to our table after about 10 minutes - I thought that was very acceptable, and worth the very minimal wait. We were seated on the second floor - much quiter and less frantic - perfect for our evening out. The food was excellent and the service was quite good. All in all, a successful evening out.Special Features:
- Night Out at LaGrigliahkgmDined on 5/31/2014La Griglia is a favorite dining spot for our family. Menu choices are varied and appealing. Service attentive and friendly. Always a satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodnick52948Dined on 5/24/2014The food was great and service was very good. The staff positioned beside our table was a little annoying but their attention to detail was great. Our waiter was very nice and answered all of our questions.Special Features:
- Never againsbrandanoDined on 5/22/2014Will never go back to this place nor would I recommend to anyone. It is overpriced and over rated. Very clique.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRicardoDined on 5/21/2014An outstanding venue for fine dining and conversation with the one you love on your special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!FresserVIPDined on 5/14/2014This place is always great! Food, service , staff --- SPOT ON!. Pleasure to dine here.
- Great Food, Great ServiceBennDined on 5/11/2014What can I say? The food was top notch (I had a filet mignon, my wife had halibut), the service was prompt, courteous and friendly, nice ambience...a terrific dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerbunknjoVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great food and service. We ate in one of the upstairs rooms. Quiet and relaxed. A perfect Mother's Day!Special Features:
- Very niceklpalDined on 5/11/2014We made reservations for 2pm on Mother's Day. When we arrived we were greeted and taken to our table. The restaraunt was empty for this time of day and being a holiday, there were plenty of open tables, however we were seated at the very last table in the back corner. My mom asked if we could have one of the other tables and the gentleman said they were reserved. Our server seemed annoyed and was very short with us, he seemed like he didn't want to be there. He wasn't very attentive and really only took our order and brought us the bill. None of the empty tables filled until we were leaving. I felt like a second class citizen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicebirdsthewordVIPDined on 5/9/2014We frequently dine at LG and find that our experience is always the same. The food is consistently wonderful no matter what you order. The service is seamless and always attentive. Wonderful breads and a mixed olive tray are presented at the table along with a nice olive oil for dipping. The wine list is extensive and many great wines, like Caymus cabernet, are available by the glass/quartino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The food was mediocre at best had the braised short ribs found them to be stringy. The dessert was horrible, cheese cake that was round, cookie cutter type must have been frozen. I would have expected an upper class restaurant to have home made desserts or at least get them from a very high end bakery. Terrible.
- Great for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Ambience is relatively quiet with a soothing atmosphere, tables are well spaced apart, staff is attentive but not intrusive, food is very good. Valet car park is well handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 528 reviews are from the La Griglia reviews archive.
- a fine place to dinedooderDined on 4/26/2014we have gone here for a long time.we stopped going for a while and then made a reservation about 6 months ago…we sat in the restaurant after dinner and asked each other,"why did we stop coming here?"we had no answer….we have been back at least once a month since….we have never had a bad experience here.food,service are excellentSpecial Features:
- excellent as usualdevilonmybackDined on 4/26/2014I moved from the area, and hadn't been to La Griglia in many years. It used to be our go-to place for an exceptional meal. I had some business in the area and decided to visit again. I booked a reservation on Open Table at around 12 noon on a Saturday and got a seating at 6:30 on a Saturday night. Perfect. Showed up and were seated immediately, delicious hot bread (always interesting) and excellent olives and oil and we're off to a good start. I ordered the chicken giambotta which used to be a favorite of mine, well being gone 10 years or so hasn't changed the quality and quantity of the food one bit. Service has always been a strong suit and it remains as attentive as ever. Desserts are worth leaving room for.Special Features:
- Great dinnerbirdsthewordVIPDined on 4/25/2014Zuppa de pesce was spot on, halibut tender and fresh, oysters chilled and briny and sweet. A plate of garganelli cooked al dente, just perfect. The service was thoughtful and all requests met. A great time dining with family. We love it at La Griglia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayAWBSRDined on 4/25/2014Had a great birthday dinner including a group of 12 close friends & family. Diverse prix fixe menu offered excellent choices. Presentation and service was impressive. While a bit pricey, the experience was very well worth it. Though it was my first visit, this will be added to my list of regular spots for a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.