740 Kenilworth Boulevard
Kenilworth, NJ 07033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lagriglia.com/
- Phone: (908) 241-0031
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Tocci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer four different Private Rooms that can accommodate from 10-80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Anibal 9082410031x
A word from La Griglia
With a unique combination of sophisticated atmosphere, an extensive wine list, and contemporary cuisine with a focus on seafood, La Griglia offers a taste of Italy far from the ordinary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Griglia - Best Restaurants in Kenilworth ›
La Griglia reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (43)notable wine list (32)romantic (29)good for groups (21)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Very quiet. Service impeccable. Food great.MainlineDined on 11/25/2014Very pricey, but good value for the money. this is not a palce for families but business or romantic dinner, when one has time to relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Hit!BillythechefDined on 11/24/2014Suggested La Griglia as the place when meeting friends for their anniversary. Food was a hit. Our friends dine out extensively and both food and service were up to their standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- briny.birdsthewordVIPDined on 11/21/2014the black ink pasta/mixed seafood special with Pernod. Oysters were wonderfully plump and briny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanmfVIPDined on 11/19/2014Lovely restauranty right off the GSP. Chose the prix-fixe which is a deal at $39. Tuna for starter and entree - both delicious. Marscapone cheesecake was fabulous. Very nice wine selection at VERY reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Delicious food, perfect time!KimmyDined on 11/14/2014Took a friend/co-worker out for a retirement dinner. Every expectation was met. A great tome was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mom1962mom1962Dined on 11/8/2014As always, La Griglia was wonderful. Chris is just a fabulous guy and his staff is just outstanding. Our server Jose, was just a pleasure. The food was delicious and the drinks were great. Miles at the bar is awesome and always makes a great drink. We had a wonderful evening, especially for our anniversary. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Like homebirdsthewordVIPDined on 11/7/2014Every time we visit La Griglia we feel like we are dining with family. Food and service are top notch. Staff is warm and gracious, always looking to provide an outstanding dining experience. Our favorite foods are bone in filet with hand rubbed seasoning, blue point oysters, to die for crab cakes and the best zuppa de pecse. No matter what you choose from the menu you will never be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointeddooderDined on 11/1/2014my wife and i enjoy the whole scene,,have never had a bad experience hereSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food/ambianceJodibw67Dined on 11/1/2014First time here and we loved it. We will be back. From the valet to Our server all staff were a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware server looking for big tipAwesomeVIPDined on 10/25/2014My niece and I dined here and the food, etc. was as usual, outstanding. The only issue I had on this evening was our server who I sensed saw an older and younger woman and assumed a poor tip. His attitude was somewhat nonchalant and therefore, I didn't disappoint him. He got 15% where as normally, I give 20%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ZebulonDined on 10/18/2014Everything we had was outstanding. We've been here before and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great fiodFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Went with a group of 8 on a Friday night. Had the price fix menus. Choices were great and food was delicious. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tad disappointed but will returnegluvttodinetooDined on 10/17/2014We traveled to La Griglia because they serve oysters. We wished for more than six but less than twelve - say, nine (easy math = 150% of cost of six) But alas, they would not do this. So we didn't have oysters. The red snapper was delicious, thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved wonderfullydudealDined on 10/11/2014I had stopped going to La Griglia many, many years ago because they were squishing people in with tables too close. My husband, who had also gone years ago. suggested we should try it again. It was a very pleasant surprise! We found a new (for us) very nice decor; service was very good; the reception desk was very attentive. I would have given the food another star but my husband asked for his tuna medium rare and it came well-done. However, we will certainly try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful service.CaralinaDined on 10/7/2014I always enjoy dining at La Grilia because I am never disappointed. Fabulous service, food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningbirdsthewordVIPDined on 10/3/2014We ordered a dozen oysters that were perfectly chilled and wonderfully briny. Fried calamari with a spicy marinara, delicious. Both men enjoyed the herb rubbed, bone in filet, mignon. The women had the pan seared scallops over mushroom risotto and a side of broccoli rabe. The scallops were sweet and extremely tender. The risotto was creamy with an earthy flavor. Coffees, tea and a marscapone cheese cake ended a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChefdonsVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and the food never disappoints...Special Features:
- Moved up on my listEATSOUTALOTDined on 9/26/2014This is the second time this year I was very impressed from some underwhelming earlier experiences. I am ecstatic the first time this year wasn't a fluke. They had a prix fixe dinner for 40$. App; meal; dessert- The dessert didn't blow me away; but was good. They had a dish like pork murphy with hot peppers. They could have been the most tender pork chops I ever had- cooked perfectly medium rare. My friend and I could have gotten out of there easily for 125- except I bought a very nice Montelpuciano for around 100$. He is not a wine drinker and he thought it was great; so did I. There were plenty of choices around 50$ but life is short. I would definitely La Griglia; especially since it is so easy to hit off the parkway.Special Features:
- Great ServiceHappyDinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014This occasion was a business dinner and I requested a quiet round table which was accommodated. Service was prompt yet unobtrusive the the conversation. The food was hot and served in a timely manner. Everyone at the table had something different and all finished their meals. The meal ended with Dulce DeLeche gelato which was wonderful!Special Features:
- always top rateSteakloverDined on 9/22/2014I have been to LaGriglia many times with large groups as well as just my wife and I. The food is always outstanding and the service impeccable. The staff is very friendly and the wine and beer list first rate.We have been happy with each and every dish we have tried. Great bread, nice olive/oil tray for starters. Appetizers gotta try the Calamari. Different than anywhere else but beautiful. Love this place. Great steaks, nice fish dishes, great pastas as well. My guests here always enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VG lunch pre-fixRC4UVIPDined on 9/22/2014Impressed with the pre-fix. For the price the volume and quality is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGUURRRLDined on 9/19/2014The food was very good, I was taken by surprise how much I enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than everkjdmdVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have dined at La Griglia a number of times, but for some reason it was outstanding this time. My halibut special and my wife's filet mignon were both superb, with excellent wines by the glass chosen by our waiter. Appetizers were also very good. Special thanks for accommodating a last minute time change on our reservation.Special Features:
- consistent perfect foodMyraVIPDined on 9/13/2014The creativity in recipes and presentation never cease to please me. Always a delightful fish meal, from salads to entrees.Special Features:
- Another delightful experienceDocTDined on 9/5/2014Fifth time here - service attentive, not overbearing, food fresh, delicious, well presented. Will come again.Special Features:
- Always great food and servicebirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy our dinner experience at LG because they always consistently provide quality food and service. This evening we enjoyed the fried calamari and blue point oysters followed by grilled bronzino and salmon entrees and my son-in-law's favorite garganelli pasta entree. I have had this pasta as an appetizer on the fixe prix menu and it is a winner! We all shared a bottle of Celani Family Napa Cabernet. I love, love, love this wine. Desserts and coffee rounded out a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still My FavoiteFood4ThoughtDined on 8/28/2014I have been dining at La Griglia for years and like to try other restaurants. When quality of food and service are rated, La Griglia is still my number one! I have never been disappointed here. The Cajun calamari is our obligatory appetizer and the portion is enough for several to share. Menu selections are ample as are the daily specials. I was hoping that soft shell crabs would be featured on a recent visit, and they were. The presentation was exquisite as was the taste. My husband had the Parmesan crusted veal chop which was just delicious. Dessert choices are varied and wonderful. Coffee was piping hot!Special Features:
- Amazing food!KenBDined on 8/26/2014I am a big foodie and this was my first time here as I am from farther up in NJ. I have to say the food was amazing! You must get the Calamari!!! I've never had it cooked that way and it was fantastic. The oysters were very fresh. I got the Chicken Giambotta and I HIGHLY recommend it! And the portion was incredible I couldn't even finish it and I'm 6'3 200lbs I can eat! Great upscale place for NJ. I guess the only reason I didn't give it five stars is I'm used to NYC decor but this place is worth(very nice inside) it and if I lived around there I'd be a regular. Food is definitely a five!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NICE!FuntimesVIPDined on 8/22/2014My daughter and I had lunch here before shopping for her Bridal dress down the street. The food was very good, fresh and tasty. The salad we felt was a little lacking as well as the dressings, but the pasta she ordered was perfect as well as my linguini and clams. The linguini was cooked to perfection. Our waiter Tony was very good and very helpful throughout our lunch. I ordered 2 pork chops to go for hubby at home and a few hours later he said they were some of the best he had ever had. Will definitely return. It is also nice that they are open for lunch. Sometimes it is hard to find a "nice place" to sit down and enjoy a nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperLBVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great neighborhood find. Food was excellent & it brought back memories of the Italian restaurant frequented by Tony Soprano where everyone knew everyone else. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningbirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/16/2014For starters, a dozen icy cold oysters, briny and full bodied, just superb. Bone in filet mignon with herb rub always a hit with us. We ran into friends at La Griglia and recommended the bone in filet. After their meal, they thanked us for the great suggestion. I chose the crab cakes with beurre blanc sauce and side of broccoli rabe. LG is my go to place for (outrageous) crab cakes. Dessert was fabulous. Fresh blueberry semi freddo with puff pastry, a new item on the menu, was over the top. The wait staff is always attentive and considerate. Our waiter, Tony, made our dining experience a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dooderDined on 8/16/2014we eat out too much,,,this is one of out favorites.never been disappointed.Special Features:
- A really nice experienceJerseyguyDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to La Griglia in some time. We found the service to be extremely attentive and professional. Drinks and arrived quickly and we never felt rushed by our serving people. Appetizer was excellent as were the entrees. Prices were in line with other restaurants in this category and we will definitely make this a regular spot.
- foodDined on 8/7/2014The service is great, valet parking, table service, and last but not least is the great food. I also like that you pick up left overs at the coat check leaving the table clear for coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bone in filetMikeycDined on 8/2/2014This place has one of the best bone in filet's I have ever had!!you need to try it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014The food and service was excellent. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- The following 554 reviews are from the La Griglia reviews archive.
- Just greatdinnerisgoodDined on 7/30/2014La Griglia is consistently great. Food and service couldn't be better. Good for friends catching up and for business. They don't rush you but are there to meet your needs.Special Features:
- La GrigliaMikeGDined on 7/26/2014La Griglia - Always a reliable place for a classy and delicious meal. The attention to detail and service continue to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVinceVIPDined on 7/24/2014food quality, service, cleanliness makes me always want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid!!FresserVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food, service, ambiance, management always very good. You can depend on dining with pleasure at this rock solid restaurant.