La Griglia - Houston
2002 West Gray
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Griglia - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lagrigliarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (713) 526-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Rubio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We pride ourselves on tailoring the perfect menu for your special event. Please call Brandon Busch at 713-526-4700 for more information on catering.
A word from La Griglia - Houston
With a lively, festive atmosphere, La Griglia offers guests a delicious display of authentic Italian dining. Colorful Italian murals & busy mosaics provide a playful ambiance, while fresh fish, creative pastas, chicken, beef & fresh vegetables tempt guests with an array of fabulous choices. With inventive cuisine, attentive service & a casual, energetic atmosphere, it’s easy to see why La Griglia is one of Houston’s most popular restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Griglia - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (61)good for groups (57)great for lunch (53)fit for foodies (50)hot spot (35)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (25)late-night find (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- dissappointingChloeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at La Grigila many times however this time it was not very good. We arrived at 615 and told our waiter that we had to leave by 730 at the latest as we were going to a show. Didn't order drinks - straight to the dinner. Ordered the special-"pan seared and flash fried" soft shell crab over pasta with baby shrimp. We did not get our food until 720 so had no time to enjoy or get them to re do. Soft shell crab was small in size and served soggy (like it had been prepared earlier). Pasta had no flavor---just disappointing. Another person ordered a salad without onions or cheese--the waiter repeated this order back and it still came with onions. This was not a good meal....will give it some time and see if the service/food improves..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!LauraJDined on 10/18/2014This is one of my very favorite places... The food is (always) spectacular and the service is even better! I seriously could eat my weight in the pizza bread they bring before the meal!!! Every waiter we've had here is "the best ever". This place is worthy of a special occasion - but don't wait for that- just GO!Special Features:
- Whole fish is superblikesgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/17/2014We often go to La Griglia because the whole fish is consistently superb. This is all we ever order (one fish feeds two).Special Features:
- Glad we went!apgarciaDined on 10/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and sat outside on the patio. Was a perfect night. The waiters were professional and courteous, as well as the manager. Will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- Great Menu ChoicesMamaGeeDined on 10/11/2014The wait staff is excellent. The food is very good, but not the best I've eaten. I think the food is over-priced. There were 6 of us eating, and our bill was $300+. Four of the six had bar drinks, four had dessert, and two had coffee, so I guess the total is not too bad, but I still think $30-$40 per person would have been a better price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has gone downhillBostonHotSpotsVIPDined on 10/7/2014Both management and servers are apathetic with terrible attitudes and focus on customer satisfaction
- bread basket - yumyromeoVIPDined on 10/6/2014The bread basket was very delicious, especially the pizza bread, that was my absolute favorite. Thanks for a great dinner and the free dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy itMrChrisDined on 10/4/2014It was amazing. We enjoyed the food and the wine. The food was really tasty and done correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianHouAgDined on 10/3/2014A great Italian gem in the heart of River Oaks. The food was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRaySugarLandDined on 9/30/2014I had the business lunch with breast of chicken, and it was excellent, not dry. It came with a salad, which was huge, and nice dessert. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Nice for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014We like this restaurant for birthdays and before the holidays. The service is great/Special Features:
- AmazingAlineDined on 9/26/2014Really liked everything! The food impressed me, and the service was amazing!! Cant wait to go with my parents when they come to see me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice solid food performanceDanAppetitDined on 9/24/2014Sought a nice slow festive pace with colleagues. And it worked out perfectly. No rush. Smart wait staff. No issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent again!SLSWDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, great ambiance. Servers are very attentive but unobtrusive; they are always happy to accommodate special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMattVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation for 6 and when everyone showed up it turned into 10.....normally places frown on this but the staff was very understanding and quickly made us all feel at home! Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High decibel levelPoshDined on 9/20/2014Food was great, but noise level was overwhelming. We were a party of five and we were screaming at each other to be heard. Still don't know half of what was said. Perhaps sitting in the bar area would be better for conversation. Don't think we'll be revisiting for that reason alone. You need a "Noise Level" rating for "Drowns you out."Special Features:
- Perfect eveningBeckyDMcVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was impeccable, food delicious and atmosphere vibrant. Such a great place to go for a well prepared meal. Our chicken parmigiana was perfect and the grilled vegetables were very fresh. Our evening was so enjoyable. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSE SERVICEsofiVIPDined on 9/13/2014SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC!! MADE THE DIFFERENCE, FOOD I WAS NOT THAT IMPRESS OR MAYBE WHAT I ORDERED. I WILL BE BACK AND TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.Special Features:
- VibrantOfftheBeatenPathVIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant if vibrant and fun. There was a full house when we went which added to the ambiance. The murals on every wall were interesting to look at and the entire restaurant was full of color. The wait staff were quick and attentive. We did not feel rushed despite the restaurant being very busy which was great. They got our wine order to us prior to giving us the food menus which we liked. We both ordered seafood dishes (whole fish and the bonzini special). Both were good but my husband's bronzini had a lot of bones left in. That, however was our only complaint. The dessert topped off the evening. We would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio dinning!Happy4Dined on 9/13/2014Service was impeccable. All ordered different dishes. All were great tasting. Dessert big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeLuigiDined on 9/6/2014Was recommended to me as a place for a first date, service, decor, ambiance & food excellent. Noise level a bit high, had difficulty hearing date. Otherwise great experience, will definitely return and recommend!Special Features:
- Keeps Me Coming BackItalianFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Service and outstanding food keeps us coming back….highly recommend it!Special Features:
- annieDined on 9/5/2014We had chicken, fish and pasta - food is always good, however it is a little too noisy to be able to carry on a conversation.
- Consistently GoodJBJBVIPDined on 9/3/2014This is always a lively place with the bar area filling first and then the restaurant as the evening goes on. Service is always attentive and the food is consistently good and priced typically for the area (slightly on the high side). It draws a mixed, but nice crowd primarily from the surrounding (River Oaks) neighborhoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstanding!Kmd1Dined on 9/3/2014It is a bit loud in the restaurant, but otherwise an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service can make or break a mealfkatzDined on 8/30/2014We arrived & our table was ready for us. We were seated immediately & greeted with smiles. We were a bunch of teenagers with a few adults. The wait staff could not have been nicer They were attentive without being intrusive. They made such a wonderful effort to see that our table was fully taken care of. Our waiter was amazingly patient. We had several items off menu & the snapper was amazing & made how we wanted it. The evening was perfect. My daughter felt special. Everyone had a blast. We love La Griglia for a casual meal,but they made "15" awesome for our daughter. We will continue to come back. Thanks for another great meal, La Grigla I wonder who went home with her bread pudding because she had someone's chocolate cake. It happens.Special Features:
- Great for a celebrationFood4funDined on 8/28/2014The good was excellent. They made a great job of going out of their way to celebrate my sister's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato Tower!!workingmomVIPDined on 8/28/2014It was delicious, and complete with seafood and dressing was a meal all by itself. Well, and their wonderful bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walking DistanceSimplicityDined on 8/26/2014My friend lives within walking distance so we like to frequent here. There were four of us that night, the place wasn't overly crowded but it seemed quite loud. Food was good, as always but was hard to converse. Waiter seemed to focus on one of us for all communication, maybe because it was loud. But others didnt appreciate it!Special Features:
- Good experienceItalianGirl13Dined on 8/24/2014Great decor and food. Service was kind of slow--not as crisp as another neighborhood favorite, Brasserie 19!Special Features:
- AlwaysVIPDined on 8/22/2014La Griglia always has excellent food and service. A very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- munchieDined on 8/17/2014Food and service was great. It only got awkward after some gentleman told a woman to "shhhh" after she laughed out loud. The restaurant can't do anything about that, but it kinda dampened our dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and lively spacefoodiefoodDined on 8/17/2014The food was great and the service was too. I would say there may be a problem with acoustics because you can't hear yourself think in there and conversation has to be very loud. If you want a loud, energetic experience (if you don't want to talk to your dinner companions this is the place!) where you can people watch, this is your place. They do a brisk business. I suspect it is because the food and service are terrific.Special Features:
- good but noisyenjoyeatsDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the food and service but not the noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!!!MikeyBDined on 8/15/2014The only thing I had a gripe about was our wait. We had reservations for 7:45 and did not get a table until 8:10... After that, the service and food were fantastic. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicefoodieDined on 8/8/2014very enjoyable meal though the place could be quieter (hard to carry on a conversation; the room is "hard")Special Features:
- Very nice last minute experianceHajoveenDined on 8/4/2014We made a last minute reservation via open table with 6 of our airline crew. Service was very good, exceptionally friendly waiters. Great breadbasket with delicious pizza strips. Nice ambiance and very impressive wine list. Prices where very reasonable for the quality offered. I am looking forward to eating here again.Special Features:
- Where's the pasta?WillgoADined on 8/3/2014One of the restaurants listed for HRWs & decided this was a good time to try La Griglia. We weren't interested in the HRW menu and ordered something off of the regular menu. My dish was ok. Nothing to want to order again and definitely not memorable - I can't remember the name - but it was linguine with seafood. Even the next day it was bland! My husband ordered the Puttanesca. The ratio was off! 4to1 sauce (not meat) to pasta. When the waiter came to take our plates we told him about it and he simply said, "Oh ok." And walked off with the plates and came back with the check. My husband is one that was raised to eat everything off his plate, however, he had more sauce left than I had food. I still had to cook when we got home! Ugh!
- Reliable friendly place for SundaysOldtimerDined on 8/3/2014Alway a reliable Sunday evening place. Noise level has always been a problem, if any need for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSt8kluversDined on 8/3/2014Perfect weather for dining on the patio. Server Steve was great; knowledgeable, responsive, conversational but not too much. And the food was fantastic. Salmon special for her with a rainbow tomato salad (I don't like tomatoes) and pork tenderloin medallions for me. Dinner was topped off by a great movie, across the street. Perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.