La Griglia - Houston
2002 West Gray
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Griglia - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lagrigliarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (713) 526-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Rubio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We pride ourselves on tailoring the perfect menu for your special event. Please call Brandon Busch at 713-526-4700 for more information on catering.
A word from La Griglia - Houston
With a lively, festive atmosphere, La Griglia offers guests a delicious display of authentic Italian dining. Colorful Italian murals & busy mosaics provide a playful ambiance, while fresh fish, creative pastas, chicken, beef & fresh vegetables tempt guests with an array of fabulous choices. With inventive cuisine, attentive service & a casual, energetic atmosphere, it’s easy to see why La Griglia is one of Houston’s most popular restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Griglia - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (67)great for lunch (65)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (43)great for outdoor dining (40)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (34)romantic (28)late-night find (18)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (5)Show More
- VibrantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant if vibrant and fun. There was a full house when we went which added to the ambiance. The murals on every wall were interesting to look at and the entire restaurant was full of color. The wait staff were quick and attentive. We did not feel rushed despite the restaurant being very busy which was great. They got our wine order to us prior to giving us the food menus which we liked. We both ordered seafood dishes (whole fish and the bonzini special). Both were good but my husband's bronzini had a lot of bones left in. That, however was our only complaint. The dessert topped off the evening. We would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio dinning!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Service was impeccable. All ordered different dishes. All were great tasting. Dessert big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeLuigiDined on 9/6/2014Was recommended to me as a place for a first date, service, decor, ambiance & food excellent. Noise level a bit high, had difficulty hearing date. Otherwise great experience, will definitely return and recommend!Special Features:
- Keeps Me Coming BackItalianFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Service and outstanding food keeps us coming back….highly recommend it!Special Features:
- annieDined on 9/5/2014We had chicken, fish and pasta - food is always good, however it is a little too noisy to be able to carry on a conversation.
- Consistently GoodJBJBVIPDined on 9/3/2014This is always a lively place with the bar area filling first and then the restaurant as the evening goes on. Service is always attentive and the food is consistently good and priced typically for the area (slightly on the high side). It draws a mixed, but nice crowd primarily from the surrounding (River Oaks) neighborhoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstanding!Kmd1Dined on 9/3/2014It is a bit loud in the restaurant, but otherwise an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service can make or break a mealfkatzDined on 8/30/2014We arrived & our table was ready for us. We were seated immediately & greeted with smiles. We were a bunch of teenagers with a few adults. The wait staff could not have been nicer They were attentive without being intrusive. They made such a wonderful effort to see that our table was fully taken care of. Our waiter was amazingly patient. We had several items off menu & the snapper was amazing & made how we wanted it. The evening was perfect. My daughter felt special. Everyone had a blast. We love La Griglia for a casual meal,but they made "15" awesome for our daughter. We will continue to come back. Thanks for another great meal, La Grigla I wonder who went home with her bread pudding because she had someone's chocolate cake. It happens.Special Features:
- Great for a celebrationFood4funDined on 8/28/2014The good was excellent. They made a great job of going out of their way to celebrate my sister's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato Tower!!workingmomVIPDined on 8/28/2014It was delicious, and complete with seafood and dressing was a meal all by itself. Well, and their wonderful bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walking DistanceSimplicityDined on 8/26/2014My friend lives within walking distance so we like to frequent here. There were four of us that night, the place wasn't overly crowded but it seemed quite loud. Food was good, as always but was hard to converse. Waiter seemed to focus on one of us for all communication, maybe because it was loud. But others didnt appreciate it!Special Features:
- Good experienceItalianGirl13Dined on 8/24/2014Great decor and food. Service was kind of slow--not as crisp as another neighborhood favorite, Brasserie 19!Special Features:
- AlwaysVIPDined on 8/22/2014La Griglia always has excellent food and service. A very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- munchieDined on 8/17/2014Food and service was great. It only got awkward after some gentleman told a woman to "shhhh" after she laughed out loud. The restaurant can't do anything about that, but it kinda dampened our dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and lively spacefoodiefoodDined on 8/17/2014The food was great and the service was too. I would say there may be a problem with acoustics because you can't hear yourself think in there and conversation has to be very loud. If you want a loud, energetic experience (if you don't want to talk to your dinner companions this is the place!) where you can people watch, this is your place. They do a brisk business. I suspect it is because the food and service are terrific.Special Features:
- good but noisyenjoyeatsDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the food and service but not the noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!!!MikeyBDined on 8/15/2014The only thing I had a gripe about was our wait. We had reservations for 7:45 and did not get a table until 8:10... After that, the service and food were fantastic. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicefoodieDined on 8/8/2014very enjoyable meal though the place could be quieter (hard to carry on a conversation; the room is "hard")Special Features:
- Very nice last minute experianceHajoveenDined on 8/4/2014We made a last minute reservation via open table with 6 of our airline crew. Service was very good, exceptionally friendly waiters. Great breadbasket with delicious pizza strips. Nice ambiance and very impressive wine list. Prices where very reasonable for the quality offered. I am looking forward to eating here again.Special Features:
- Where's the pasta?WillgoADined on 8/3/2014One of the restaurants listed for HRWs & decided this was a good time to try La Griglia. We weren't interested in the HRW menu and ordered something off of the regular menu. My dish was ok. Nothing to want to order again and definitely not memorable - I can't remember the name - but it was linguine with seafood. Even the next day it was bland! My husband ordered the Puttanesca. The ratio was off! 4to1 sauce (not meat) to pasta. When the waiter came to take our plates we told him about it and he simply said, "Oh ok." And walked off with the plates and came back with the check. My husband is one that was raised to eat everything off his plate, however, he had more sauce left than I had food. I still had to cook when we got home! Ugh!
- Reliable friendly place for SundaysOldtimerDined on 8/3/2014Alway a reliable Sunday evening place. Noise level has always been a problem, if any need for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSt8kluversDined on 8/3/2014Perfect weather for dining on the patio. Server Steve was great; knowledgeable, responsive, conversational but not too much. And the food was fantastic. Salmon special for her with a rainbow tomato salad (I don't like tomatoes) and pork tenderloin medallions for me. Dinner was topped off by a great movie, across the street. Perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed7ContinentsManVIPDined on 8/2/2014Been to this restaurant many times and I have never been disappointed. The food is great and the service suburb. The brick chicken is the best in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aug2, 2014fcstDined on 8/2/2014The food choices were outstanding and preparation was equally good. The wine list was broad but a bit pricey. Good atmosphere and staff was top of the line.Special Features:
- Always reliablejani1004VIPDined on 8/1/2014As always, the food is fresh and very tasty. Presentation is great as well. Service always starts out with a big bang and fizzles out at the end every time, which is too bad. The noise level is deafening and you have to shout to be heard or to speak. A very mixed review of what could be a truly great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAudgeDined on 7/31/2014Service is very well done. Ambiance is great and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- great food, a bit loudrbinNYVIPDined on 7/26/2014the place was packed so service was a bit underwhelming. the food was great and they made up for the slow service. it was much louder than i had experienced in the past...not sure if that was because we were in the center of the restaurant or if it was something else....hadn't experienced that level of noise in the past. it was hard to hear each other.Special Features:
- Good food, long waithoustonresidentVIPDined on 7/22/2014Although we had a reservation, we were forced to wait almost a half hour for a table on a weeknight--after being told by the hostess that we would be seated in a couple of minutes. Food is good, but hardly worth the extra wait. If I want to wait, I'll go to Carabbas, which has better food and doesn't take reservations.
- Great business lunchEpicurusDined on 7/22/2014Top hangout close to downtown, with great food, wine, and libations. Always see people you know. Great service consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dISAPPOINTEDENJOYDINEVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have gone to La Griglia for many years and probably 10 times in the last 3 months. I think the chef was having a bad daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Griglia Delivered as Promised!BirthdayBliss5Dined on 7/20/2014All of the reviews were spot on! My party of five was promptly seated. The service was exemplary - courteous and professional, attentive without hovering. We enjoyed excellent wine by the glass or a mixed drink, shared one heavenly Crab and Shrimp Cheesecake appetizer and ravaged the breadbasket with its Margherita-style pizza strips, and breads. Our entrees were Grilled Salmon, Grilled Red Snapper, Frutti di Mare, Rigatoni Peperonata, and Stracci. My salmon was perfectly cooked and sized - every bite held its flavor! We conservative diners all cleaned our plates, and though sufficiently full, we sampled the excellent cookies, and as we were celebrating birthdays, also shared three OMG! desserts. A divine dinner experience!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable mealAmalina52VIPDined on 7/18/2014We very much enjoyed our meal. The only problem I encountered was that when I got up to use the ladies room, there really wasn't an easy way to get to it. I was windings way through the tables and realized how difficult it was. Too many tables! Not enough space. No easy pathway to get to the restrooms. I feel sorry for the waiters !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodgreatDined on 7/11/2014We highly enjoyed the food. Service was just a little slow when we were ready to order, but it was ok before and during dinner. Overall, we really enjoyed it and will be there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Hot SpotGastroEXPVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food was the best I have had in some time. I am usually snobby when it comes to Italian food but this was really outstanding. If you can't find something here that you like than you have problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Come BacklovetoeatoutDined on 7/9/2014A good indication of a good dining experience is" Would you come back?" The answer is yes to La Griglia. My 12 year old grandson order a new dish for him, the rotisserie duck and he simply loved. While he could not eat it all at one sitting, he had the remainder for lunch the next day. A Great Experience for him and all of us. See you all again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SleefontDined on 7/9/2014I have been going to this restaurant for over 20 years. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is greatSpecial Features:
- GrandCruDined on 7/2/2014Many year repeat customer. Always receive great food and exemplary service at La Griglia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentalwaysimpressedDined on 7/1/2014It is obvious each time my family and I visit for a special occasion (and there have been MANY there) that La Griglia has superb training from top on down. The food is beyond delicious - always excellent in taste and presentation. I believe that the manager/owner is there 24/7, frequently walks around to greet guests, and that this is why this restaurant "works" so well, has been around so long, and is one (if not the) best in Houston. The décor is beautiful and fun. All goes as expected from greeting, to service, to, most importantly, food quality. Consistently, great care is taken to assure a memorable and happy experience. I can't recommend La Griglia enough to anyone desiring a wonderful dining experience in Houston.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014It was not up to the normal taste standards. The ravioli appetizer and the baby coho salmon that we usually order was not tasty. If it would have been the first time I ordered that, I would not order it again. I was disappointed. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable A-OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014La Griglia is not the best Italian restaurant in town, but it does a fine job with its signature dishes and salads. though can miss sometimes on others, including specials. The atmosphere is upbeat and fairly loud. Servers are great, especially if your table has a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.