9700 Collins Avenue
Bal Harbour, FL 33154Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lagouluebalharbour.com/
- Phone: 3058652181
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Jeudi Je T"aime Live music event every Thursday with our singer Carine who will sing French, English and Latin songs from 7pm30 till 10pm30.
A word from La Goulue
Since 1973, la Goulue has been offering traditional French dishes, in the essence of chic Parisian bistros. Quality ingredients carefully selected, organic products chosen at best, daily arrivals of fresh fish, premium meats, homemade French fries, exceptional pasteries and nostalgic recipes... All the values that contribute to the reputation of our restaurant. Please explore our menu and enjoy your experience at La Goulue Bal Harbour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Goulue reviews from OpenTable diners
- Saturday Night Dinnergift4gabbVIPDined on 5/31/2014We live in Aventura and decided to go to Bal Harbour to eat dinner at 8:30 PM and had a table for 5. We have come here to dinner before. The service was absolutely terrible. We waited for at least 30 for water and another 20 minutes for someone to take our order. The mussels were tough, the tuna tartar was good and the french onion soup was substandard in taste. The steak tartar which is normally very good was very cold. The scallops (4) were small and left the person hungary. The snapper dinner was okay. The Flotante was good. Waiting to pay took forever as well even when we had to ask the maiter d since we could not find our waiter. He never brought the check. SadSpecial Features:
- AJGMDDined on 5/31/2014Consistently excellent service, wide variety of choices, and superb preparation. Great cocktails...and an extremely peaceful and pleasant ambiance. Once you dine there, it will surely become a 'regular' on your short list of special favorites.Special Features:
- Almost New YorkDefiniteOpinionsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Loved the La Goulue in NYC--it's closed, but this has the same GREAT steak tartare -- the French Onion Soup was excellent as well. Crowd scene was really entertaining, especially the fashion choices. Worth another trip.Special Features:
- Great classic French Bistro FoodNYCBrunetteDined on 5/11/2014Great classic bistro good with a twist on some dishes. Never disappoints. Great people watching and wonderful to sit outside. You do feel like you're on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingSnagsDined on 4/2/2014We had an unpleasant experience from the minute we arrived. Host was indifferent, service slow and inattentive. food was very mediocre. menu was barely mall french. they should really be embarassed by the product.
- Excellent French BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good and the service was outstanding. But for a couple of items listed on the menu not available on the evening we had dinner, the experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiamimghersiDined on 3/25/2014Great outdoor place in Miami, if you like good cars take the outside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much better than CarpacciofoodieVIPDined on 3/19/2014At least the food tastes fresh, is served quicly and is of better quality than Carpaccio. We had a fresh of the grill Chicken Paillard with fresh Arugala, tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese. When you say no salt, they actaully listen and put no salt. The soups of the day are great and you can't beat French desserts and french bread. Merci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun location, great foodJennyDined on 3/17/2014We are never let down by the food at La Goule. We love the outdoor seating and people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French BistrotMIAEMMAVIPDined on 3/14/2014Very good food. The "soufflé au fromage" is excellent but it's huge. Don't take it as an appetizer. The steak tartare is very fresh and tasty. Service not very attentive.Special Features:
- Another lovely nightJimmyVIPDined on 3/14/2014A perfect way to arrive and settle into Florida life was our lovely meal at La Goulue. Don't miss trout almandine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceElliottVIPDined on 3/7/2014Waiter and staff arrogant and impatient. Very un attentive.Special Features:
- It is all about the musselsReneeVIPDined on 3/3/2014The mussels are the best in the world. Service exceptional. Ambiance lovely.Special Features:
- great french foodbesteverDined on 3/1/2014This is a great french restaurant with a variety of choices. There is something for everyone. The steak tartare is a favorite, as well as the mussels and fries. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average at bestRitaCDined on 3/1/2014The food at this dining establishment was fair only. We went to this spot, because we like French food. The menu was not anything to write home about. I will concede that the cheese plate appetizer was excellent. My partner's braised short ribs arrived at room temp on cold mashed potatoes. The service was fair only. The waitress really did not provide any help in our ordering and basically responded to questions about the entrees that she had not tried them. This seems to be a spot to "see and be seen", but not a place where you can look forward to really good food.Special Features:
- Excellent even though theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/28/2014Excellent even though they were very busy food was verg goodSpecial Features:
- Not a French bistroLewisVIPDined on 2/25/2014Food is too Americanized for me. Spend a lot of time in France and this would only be acceptable there. Somewhat bland and lacks flavor. Outside dining is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs serious improvement!NativeMiamianVIPDined on 2/22/2014We've been several times and have noticed a gradual decline in both food quality and service. Management needs to sit-down and have a serious look at food preparation, service personnel and overall restaurant coordination because as a frequent patron we've noticed an unfortunate decline in overall dining experience. Don't become a seasonal tourist trap!
- Thank you!RegularVIPDined on 2/22/2014I had recently reviewed La Goulue regarding a change to their weekend Brunch Menu. They have brought back their fabulous omelets and as a result they have brought my husband and I back to this lovely restaurant, as well! Merci beaucoup a Chef Jean Pierre! Tres bien!Special Features:
- Good quality food: good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/17/2014Good quality food: good selection of varying tastes: wine list wide ranging, not inexpensive. Crowded with all the label shoppers at Bal Harbor mall. Overall, good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good & BadTereVIPDined on 2/16/2014Bread was wonderful, tasty and warm. Vegetable soup good. Veal Blanquette not good at all, tasteless and it just looked like they put a blob of cream on top of the rice with very little veal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very off niteLuckyVIPDined on 2/16/2014Went for dinner Sunday Feb16th. Great table away from the crowd. Waiting at least 20 minutes for the waiter to arrive. After the drink order waited another 30 minutes to place my order. Our food was cold and overdone. We were told they were short of staff and the restaurant was full. Mgr never came to excuse himself . Overall a very bad experience. Don't think I will return for a long while. Will no recommend to others!!Special Features:
- good food, pricymaxlikesfoodDined on 2/15/2014good food, french cuisines, not outstanding, but nice. fine wine list. service ok, could have been a bit more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantas-frigging-tiqueRubenlaineDined on 2/13/2014We always hit French places for our special occasions; this place hit all the staples right on the head: The escargot had the perfect texture, the Pear and Goat cheese salad was very well balanced. She had the duck breast, and I ordered the Scallops plate. WOW, we were conflicted between wanted to share with each other and keeping it all to ourselves, after dinner we decided to finish our bottle of malbec while we inspected the dessert menu, The Creme Brûlée had the perfect consistency and crunchy crust, and the Chocolate Lava Cake with the homemade ice cream was, to.... die... for. make your reservation for around 7pm, after 8pm the place gets super crowded yet still very enjoyable. needless to say, we had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Bistro in Miami!milfam13Dined on 2/11/2014I always loved eating at the original La Goulue in Manhattan, which is now closed. When I saw that there was a location in Miami, I had to give it a try. This was my second visit to this location, and although the food was quite good, it was not on par with what I remember at the NYC location. The menu selections, are terrific, and the preparation and presentation are solid, just not stellar. The service was slow and the hostess station a bit disorganized, especially considering the fact that it was a Tuesday night, rather than the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice change to dine herecanadianfoodieVIPDined on 2/3/2014A nice change to dine here in Bal Harbour.The salmon tartare was delicious,as were the endive salads.Chicken paillards were a tasty choice from the usual veal.It was very pleasant to dine outside (except if you are sitting near a smoker !I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to bealexandrefenotDined on 2/2/2014Used 2 be regulars, plateau de charcuterie is shrinking every month.used 2 be served on wood w cured meat & foie gras. bread is still excellent, toasts sorry bricks seemed to be made the day before.Mussels were ok ,too fat and oily, I am french since when you put oil & butter in mussels w white wine. Napoleon was sold 2 me homemade but spent a lot of time in the fridge,pastry was soggy.ordered the crepes w grand marnier ,server put a full cup of liquor on the crepe it was uneatable & cold so the liquor could not be flammed.ordered the nutella crepe but with a spoon and a fork nor easy to eat, had to ask for a knife, c'mon. service is going down, it s a shame it was the only good traditional french, will give another shot but it s the lastSpecial Features:
- Nothing to rave aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/20/2014Crepes were dry and vegan platter tasteless. For the price you pay you expect the food to be at least average. The service was fantastic and the ambience was very nice.Special Features:
- A Very Pleasant ExperienceLindanaVIPDined on 1/16/2014My husband and I had a lovely lunch here. Outside is the place to see and be seen, however, it was a chilly day, so we were pleased to sit inside, as I had requested when making our reservation.. The hostess had our table ready for us when we arrived, about 15 minutes late because the Mall was crowded, and we had trouble finding parking. The inside dining room is small and charming, with a small bar. I had the soup of the day, a cream of mushroom, delicious. I also had the Quiche of the day, Lorraine. It was loaded with ham, and very tasty. My husband had the steak tartar, and he liked it very much. He orders this whenever he finds it on a menu, and thought La Goulue's version was great. He also had the Crogue Messieur, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't believe the changebbordDined on 1/14/2014We used to love it and ate there several times. Had to ask 3 different people for a napkin. Main dishes were brought before we finished the appetizers. Waiters didn't know who ordered what. It wasn't crowded but 2 busboys were pulling dishes off the table while we were still eating. I had a fork in my hand when they took away my main dish and had to physically grab it back because I wasn't finished eating. The fish portion was so small I thought they brought an appetizer. The snapper was totally bland and tasteless. The mussels were good. The floor was so greasy outside the ladies room and almost fell. The same thing happened to my husband. Totally unacceptable. Was a total unexpected disappointment. WILL NEVER GO BACK or to the NY oneSpecial Features:
- We sat at a table outside,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2014We sat at a table outside, in a quite corner with the heat lamp and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner the food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soMpbrDined on 1/3/2014I don't know if it was because it was late for lunch (around 4pm), but everyone just seemed like they were tired and wanting to go home: the hostess was not in a great mood, the waiter was forgetting everything we ordered and the chef seemed not preocupied with the quality of the food leaving the kitchen. It was an ok lunch, in a place with uninspiring food.
- Always great !PaulSVIPDined on 1/2/2014We made a late reservation for 1 of our favorite desserts Ile Flottant, As usual it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014We had a lovely evening. The food, the ambiance, the service were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service ever!!!!!FrarettiDined on 1/1/2014The restaurant was full and all the tables around us had the same bad experience; the food is not bad, but it came wrong, or didn´t came at all, like our appetizers; and the waiter said it was our fault! I had to made him look at his notes for him to realize! And the excuse was very shy. it´s a shame, for they have a nice ambiance and the food is ok as well;
- Great restaurant bad reservationDebbDined on 12/30/2013I made my reservation online but they were booked up so I waited for more than an hour for the table They told us that was an open table problemSpecial Features:
- They did not honour the openadempVIPDined on 12/30/2013They did not honour the open table reservation due to being extremely busy. Was not happy although we were seated fairly quickly as we chose to eat inside. The noise level was high because servers and bus boys were constantly dropping platters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/30/2013Upon checking in - after waiting 30 minutes in line, we were told by the manager that they had taken themselves off of open table. We showed the manager the confirmation and basically he didn't care - we eventually got seated and everything else service, food, and a beautiful location were good. It was season and the area was packed with people waiting to eat - my opinion was that they didn't need to fill tables - so they took people as they came and telephone reservations and ignored open table reservations.Special Features:
- Bal Harbor staplemaxieVIPDined on 12/30/2013We can rely on La Goulou for a good meal & great people watching.Special Features:
- a wonderful lunchJimmyVIPDined on 12/30/2013Perfect place for people watching, great food and outdoor dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.