La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
81 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lagloutonnerie.com/
- Phone: (305) 503-3811
- Hours of Operation:
Sun -Thurs: 6:00pm - 11:00 pm
Fri - Satur: 6:00pm - 12:00 am
Satur & Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Buffet only @ $55 pp (adults), $27.50 (kids 7-12 years of age, below 7yrs complimentary)
HAPPY HOUR L'APERO (AT THE BAR ONLY)
Sun - Thurs
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
$8 Drink Specials and House Wines
$75 Veuve Cliquot bottle special
$65 Piper Rose bottle special
Due to high demand on outside seating, patio requests are not guaranteed but will be taken under consideration, thank you for your understanding.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Christian Testa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at 305-503-3811 ask for Erdem Aynali
- Entertainment: L'Apero Thursdays, Live DJ, Complimentary Appetizers, Drink Specials
Every Thursday from 6pm to 11pm at the bar only
A word from La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
With an original outpost in Mexico City, La Gloutonnerie brings elegant French fare with a sophisticated bistro appeal to the area. The menu is classic French with modern twists and refinement. La Gloutonnerie is French enough to feel exotic, but cozy enough to make it your Friday night fix.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (38)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (30)great for brunch (27)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great surprise!CelsoDined on 11/22/2014I knew this resaurant in the internet just before coming to miami. The dinner was a success in all aspects. The house is beautiful, there is an outside garden that i vites you to sit there for your meal(we couldn't , it was windy) and the insude is elegant , clean. We started with a wagyu carpaccio under greens , mushroons , smalls and delicates tomatos. The breads from the house is a must, i love breads, and they do know how to do it in the best french way. The main course was a pranzino on the oven, as good as a fish can be! The wine, an excellent choice helped by the french sommelier , was a perfect french wine. The dessert , another dream, a dark chocolate souffle!Superb! And last but , by far, not the least, the team is friendly, always with a smile and ready to make your night unforgettable , as Cole would sing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food. Overpriced for what you getHansEDined on 11/21/2014Separate your wine and food bill. Automatic 18% might be okay when you have a $50 dollar bottle. But not when you have 4 expensive bottles it's a joke that a restaurant could even allow this. After all does a a heap bottle take any less work than a good bottle. In case you did not know expenses accounts are over.
- Bad BrunchAba1Dined on 11/16/2014I went with my wife to the sunday brunch and we were disappoimted. The service was not good and the waiters were not nice. The brunch is not worthed the price as the drinks are served like a favor from the waiters and are very limited - only coffe and champagne or sangria. No orange juice at all. The food is OK but does not deserve the entitled "Best Brunch of 2013". We will not go back and do not recommend.
- Happy SundayCityGuyDined on 11/2/2014In a word, the Sunday brunch at La Gloutonnerie was sublime. Kudos to the excellent wait staff who were as attentive and thoughtful as one would demand from any upscale restaurant on South Beach. As for the food, I would venture a guess that a great like James Beard would be proud of the almost obsessive need this place has for producing familiar dishes with subtlety and nuance. They seem to get the point: it's not about going crazy with exotic ingredients, but about choosing the right ones and preparing them better than anyone else. Having previously dined at La Gloutonnerie - a soulful dinner with much more gastronomic complexity - I can say with absolute certainty that brunch was just as much on point, like coming home on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French ProvencialOTREVIEWERVIPDined on 10/31/2014Excellent French provincial. Great in every way. Call in advance for Dover Sole and for excellent knowledgeable service ask for Hichael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDaveBDined on 10/31/2014Fine dining at it's best. Highly recommend the beef cheek bourguignon (what a wonderful cut of meat to make this dish with) and the duck confit. Service was perfect. Finished off with a very nice gran marnier soufflé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ExcellenceZCC0801Dined on 10/23/2014The service was the best I have had in a long time. The staff was attentive and covered each other to ensure all the guest had what was needed. The manager was very personable.Special Features:
- Thank you!AnitaVIPDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated out anniversary and La Gloutonnerie went out of their way to make our celebration special. We decided to have a decadent French meal, foie gras, oysters, chateaubriand, soufflé. Very decadent, extremely good. Services was impeccable. We eat here when ever we're in town and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Food was good but not great. However service was outstanding which makes you go back for another occasion.Special Features:
- Great FoodDenioDined on 10/5/2014Great food and great service. Very authentic French cuisine. outside seating area is very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami spice menu not good at all!Doris33144Dined on 9/29/2014mayve the regular menu has some dishes that they cook well, but Miami spice menu sucked from appetizer, dinner and also dessert!!!
- Yummy!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2014The suffle is amazing, the escargot one of the best, and the overall food always refined and delicious. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite south beach restaurantMiamiMelVIPDined on 9/19/2014I'm a local and I love this place! The ribeye steak was amazing. They have great salads. Be careful not to get too full on the bread basket, which is so yummy! Remember to save room for dessert, we liked the apple tart. I love the ambience and the service at this place, it is first rate and makes Miami look good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Whenever we are in south beach we plan a Sunday brunch with this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food was amazing! Flawless servicePkenDined on 9/9/2014Our 32 anniversary was made so special with amazing food and flawless service! We are definitely going back the Bronzino and filet with food gras was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to have and havesamiDined on 9/6/2014Nicely setted on a very good renovation ,presenting spaaces that are not ovewhelming.Reasonably dressed crows,women mostly as on most Miami places .Service more attentive on the beggining but reasonably consistent as is the food which is aways very pleasant as to presentation and tasteSpecial Features:
- WOW !MIAEMMAVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything about this restaurant is amazing ! No doubt that it is one of the best French restaurants in Miami. This place is very welcoming, the decoration is really nice and cosy. We had dinner outside in the patio, it was very romantic. The service is "à la française" : very nice and attentive. The food is absolutely delicious with lots of flavors. You absolutely need to try the "Soufflé au Grand Marnier" for dessert, it is to die for !Special Features:
- Good food & Great serviceRuthyzooDined on 9/4/2014Had date night here with my husband. Happy hour was a rally nice treat with anti pasta laid on. Lovely bar with comfortable seats. Quiet laid back ambiance with truly wonderful service & good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AnitaVIPDined on 9/4/2014I own a condo nearby and I have been coming here since the beginning. However, I don't live in SoFi, yet the food and service remain consistent, love the duck confit. Interesting wine/beer list. Always a pleasure to dine here. Thank you and keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Great French food!!Top1eaterVIPDined on 9/3/2014Even with an Italian chef at the realm this is as close to the real deal French food as you can get outside of France. I always enjoy the food here, I have tried the entire menu and everything is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 8/31/2014One of the best French restaurants I've been to in Miami.. Highly recommend it. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will definitely go there againuncle500VIPDined on 8/31/2014Very attentive syaff , decent wine list, even by the glass. Grand Marnier Souffle to die for. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a jemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Very surprisingly great service, very personable, extremly interested in going out of there way to please you, always with a great sense of humor, and intelligence. The food is honestly fantastic, fabulous, go.Special Features:
- So disappointedtifseastsDined on 8/17/2014The only reason I am giving this restaurant two stars is because the servers were friendly and helpful and my mother's veal was extremely tender. My sister and mother ordered off the Miami Spice menu. My mother really liked her quinoa appetizer and veal entree. My sister's salmon appetizer was subpar at best, and her fish was too citrusy. My father ordered the special: halibat, and it was over cooked. The worst part of the meal was my mushroom risotto which was inedible. My sister really liked her cream puff dessert, but the creme brulee we ordered was a bit too watery in consitency for my liking. All in all the servers were friendly and helpful, but the food was so disappointing.
- Great brunch!bbmiamiVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful selection of very delicious food. The service is very professional and attentive, and the location is fantastic...on the nicest part of Ocean Drive in the SoFi neighborhood.Special Features:
- This place is okay.iLOVEfOOD82111VIPDined on 8/16/2014When I came here for dinner, half of the restaurant was closed because business was slow. I requested a larger table if possible, instead we were seated at a extremely tiny table for two that couldn't even fit the appetizer and two entrees. There were other parties of twos in the place that were seated on a table for four. There were also at least 5 other empty tables for four available. We had to wait for the party of two next to us to finish and we asked a manager if we can move over. By the time we were done eating, the other five empty tables were still empty. The food was okay and there was nothing that made me want to come back again. The pasta was horrible. The noodles were over cooked. The appetizer was okay, we have the carpaccio.Special Features:
- Excellent French food!ThadVIPDined on 8/12/2014We were very impressed from the moment we walked in! Great menu, great service and most importantly great food. Anyplace that serves pate with the bread is a must visit place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing ChangesGreatVIPDined on 8/8/2014we have been to this restaurant 3 to 4 times, as always impeccable service, great food and a nice laid back ambiance.Special Features:
- Great date night.HAF0311Dined on 8/4/2014My wife and I had a date night here and it was great. The food, ambiance, service, everything was great. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great foodgourmetDined on 8/2/2014Good was great, large portion. tried to sit out side,but to many mosquitos, had to finish our meal inside.Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other reviews did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014There is nothing negative to say. The food was spectacular... Matched by impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shankiVIPDined on 7/31/2014terrific establishment. every time we come the service is impeccable, the food spectacular and the ambiance to die for! the maitre'di was very accomodting and let me change things on my order and showed me a secret way to get to the restrooms to avoid all the crowd surrounding the bar!!! the food was utterly terrific, every course a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the La Gloutonnerie - South Beach reviews archive.
- French food to the tee!honestdiningDined on 7/27/2014La Gloutonnerie was a great french experience! Tried escargot for the first time in my life here and found it quite delectable! The soufflé however was kiss at the end of the first date. beyond excellent! Only wish they could combine the chocolate and orange liquor sauce like i heard they use to...Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Simply spectacular. The food, pastries, people. We will certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchCL384923Dined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent, service was excellent, ambience was very good, prices were very fair for what you received, one of the better meals I've had in a long time and by far the best in SobeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Miami Beach!MiamiMelVIPDined on 7/21/2014Amazing food, great service, beautiful ambiance! It's my favorite restaurant in Miami Beach! Love the mushrooms side, chavinol salad, tuna tartar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it would be better...TiffanyVIPDined on 7/20/2014I went to eat brunch last Sunday. There wasn't a lot of variety and the food was ok. It was a semi-buffet so some items you can serve yourself and others like fruit, you need somebody to help you so it was kind of a hassle. Unfortunately my expectations weren't met and I will not be coming back. Desserts were great.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLau307Dined on 7/19/2014We were very surprised the service was impeccable and the food was great quality and freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !MurfVIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent, truly-authentic French food. Great attention to service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French in South BeachMiamiSpartanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Highly recommend this South Point gem, nice garden terrace and bar.Special Features: