La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
81 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lagloutonnerie.com/
- Phone: 3055033811x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun -Thurs: 6:00pm - 11:00 pm
Fri - Satur: 6:00pm - 12:00 am
Satur & Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Buffet only @ $49 pp (adults), $24.50 (kids 7-12 years of age, below 7yrs complimentary)
HAPPY HOUR L'APERO (AT THE BAR ONLY)
Sun - Thurs
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
$8 Drink Specials and House Wines
$75 Veuve Cliquot bottle special
$65 Piper Rose bottle special
Due to high demand on outside seating, patio requests are not guaranteed but will be taken under consideration, thank you for your understanding.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Christian Testa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at 305-503-3811 ask for Erdem Aynali
- Entertainment: L'Apero Thursdays, Live DJ, Complimentary Appetizers, Drink Specials
Every Thursday from 6pm to 11pm at the bar only
A word from La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
With an original outpost in Mexico City, La Gloutonnerie brings elegant French fare with a sophisticated bistro appeal to the area. The menu is classic French with modern twists and refinement. La Gloutonnerie is French enough to feel exotic, but cozy enough to make it your Friday night fix.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (44)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (43)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (23)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Whenever we are in south beach we plan a Sunday brunch with this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food was amazing! Flawless servicePkenDined on 9/9/2014Our 32 anniversary was made so special with amazing food and flawless service! We are definitely going back the Bronzino and filet with food gras was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to have and havesamiDined on 9/6/2014Nicely setted on a very good renovation ,presenting spaaces that are not ovewhelming.Reasonably dressed crows,women mostly as on most Miami places .Service more attentive on the beggining but reasonably consistent as is the food which is aways very pleasant as to presentation and tasteSpecial Features:
- WOW !MIAEMMAVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything about this restaurant is amazing ! No doubt that it is one of the best French restaurants in Miami. This place is very welcoming, the decoration is really nice and cosy. We had dinner outside in the patio, it was very romantic. The service is "à la française" : very nice and attentive. The food is absolutely delicious with lots of flavors. You absolutely need to try the "Soufflé au Grand Marnier" for dessert, it is to die for !Special Features:
- Good food & Great serviceRuthyzooDined on 9/4/2014Had date night here with my husband. Happy hour was a rally nice treat with anti pasta laid on. Lovely bar with comfortable seats. Quiet laid back ambiance with truly wonderful service & good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AnitaVIPDined on 9/4/2014I own a condo nearby and I have been coming here since the beginning. However, I don't live in SoFi, yet the food and service remain consistent, love the duck confit. Interesting wine/beer list. Always a pleasure to dine here. Thank you and keep up the good work.Special Features:
- ElizabethDined on 8/31/2014One of the best French restaurants I've been to in Miami.. Highly recommend it. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will definitely go there againuncle500VIPDined on 8/31/2014Very attentive syaff , decent wine list, even by the glass. Grand Marnier Souffle to die for. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a jemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Very surprisingly great service, very personable, extremly interested in going out of there way to please you, always with a great sense of humor, and intelligence. The food is honestly fantastic, fabulous, go.Special Features:
- So disappointedtifseastsDined on 8/17/2014The only reason I am giving this restaurant two stars is because the servers were friendly and helpful and my mother's veal was extremely tender. My sister and mother ordered off the Miami Spice menu. My mother really liked her quinoa appetizer and veal entree. My sister's salmon appetizer was subpar at best, and her fish was too citrusy. My father ordered the special: halibat, and it was over cooked. The worst part of the meal was my mushroom risotto which was inedible. My sister really liked her cream puff dessert, but the creme brulee we ordered was a bit too watery in consitency for my liking. All in all the servers were friendly and helpful, but the food was so disappointing.
- Great brunch!bbmiamiVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful selection of very delicious food. The service is very professional and attentive, and the location is fantastic...on the nicest part of Ocean Drive in the SoFi neighborhood.Special Features:
- Excellent French food!ThadVIPDined on 8/12/2014We were very impressed from the moment we walked in! Great menu, great service and most importantly great food. Anyplace that serves pate with the bread is a must visit place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing ChangesGreatVIPDined on 8/8/2014we have been to this restaurant 3 to 4 times, as always impeccable service, great food and a nice laid back ambiance.Special Features:
- Great date night.HAF0311Dined on 8/4/2014My wife and I had a date night here and it was great. The food, ambiance, service, everything was great. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great foodgourmetDined on 8/2/2014Good was great, large portion. tried to sit out side,but to many mosquitos, had to finish our meal inside.Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other reviews did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014There is nothing negative to say. The food was spectacular... Matched by impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shankiVIPDined on 7/31/2014terrific establishment. every time we come the service is impeccable, the food spectacular and the ambiance to die for! the maitre'di was very accomodting and let me change things on my order and showed me a secret way to get to the restrooms to avoid all the crowd surrounding the bar!!! the food was utterly terrific, every course a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food to the tee!honestdiningDined on 7/27/2014La Gloutonnerie was a great french experience! Tried escargot for the first time in my life here and found it quite delectable! The soufflé however was kiss at the end of the first date. beyond excellent! Only wish they could combine the chocolate and orange liquor sauce like i heard they use to...Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Simply spectacular. The food, pastries, people. We will certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchCL384923Dined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent, service was excellent, ambience was very good, prices were very fair for what you received, one of the better meals I've had in a long time and by far the best in SobeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Miami Beach!MiamiMelVIPDined on 7/21/2014Amazing food, great service, beautiful ambiance! It's my favorite restaurant in Miami Beach! Love the mushrooms side, chavinol salad, tuna tartar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it would be better...TiffanyVIPDined on 7/20/2014I went to eat brunch last Sunday. There wasn't a lot of variety and the food was ok. It was a semi-buffet so some items you can serve yourself and others like fruit, you need somebody to help you so it was kind of a hassle. Unfortunately my expectations weren't met and I will not be coming back. Desserts were great.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLau307Dined on 7/19/2014We were very surprised the service was impeccable and the food was great quality and freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !MurfVIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent, truly-authentic French food. Great attention to service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French in South BeachMiamiSpartanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Highly recommend this South Point gem, nice garden terrace and bar.Special Features:
- Food doesn't excuse poor serviceCreldoDined on 7/10/2014We drove all the way down from North Broward to south SoBe to celebrate a birthday, but we would not make the trip again. Although the restaurant was not at all busy on a Thursday night in July, the service was poor. It took too much time and effort to get our waiter's attention each time. The paté was brought to table without bread; then we had to wait for 15 minutes for bread because they had run out. While the paté and bread were very good, the main course was only good, nothing exceptional (I lived in France for 2 years, so I know la cuisine française.) Prices are of course Sobe prices, which are unjustified by the poor service and uneven food. Plus jamais la-bas--never again there.
- Best Meal of Our VacationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014We ate here on 4th of July and we were one of 2 tables, so it was really quiet. We both had 2 appetizers instead of a main dish--be aware that appetizers are large enough for 2-3 people. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner (3rd of July)PeterDined on 7/3/2014When we arrived the restaurant was empty. It was strange at 9.00 pm. First we placed outside, but moskitos sooner appeared. Had to go inside. Wine list is OK, basic French and Italian wines were overpriced. Food also OK, but fish was not fresh. Overall I have to say: I recommend this restaurant, but do not expect too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMannyGuzzDined on 7/1/2014Good food and excellent service and very good environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Boxer1Dined on 6/30/2014Everytime we come to Miami La Gloutonnerie is on our list of restaurants. It's always amazing. Outside of La Gloutonnerie and Zuma, other "top" restaurants have been hit or miss with something. How this restaurant isn't filled every night is beyond me. It should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full BrunchBrunchDined on 6/29/2014Very good service, excellent selection of dishes for brunch and a kind staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodaliciavDined on 6/26/2014ordered the onion soup; pretty good though a bit too much cheese. Ordered the Tournedos Rossini for entrée and it was outstanding! It's been a long time since I had a meat dish I enjoyed so much - cooked to perfection. My friends ordered salads and the chicken Fermier and everybody enjoyed their meal tremendously. The service was also very attentive.Special Features:
- La GloutonnerieMiguelDined on 6/26/2014Best foreign cuisine on South Beach! This was our fifth experience at La Gloutonnerie. My wife and I have tried the brunch and dinner menus; all amazing. They really make their guests feel welcomed. Great consumer experience. Super friendly and professional staff.Special Features:
- dinner out?catojaDined on 6/20/2014Place was quiet and well serviced. Food presentation was done very well. The Chateabriand we hand was dry and really flavorless. The bearnaise sauce was as think as paste. The frites were thick and not seasoned. We have have enjoyed many restaurants all over the world. This was a disappointment!Special Features:
- Great SurpriseMarylouDined on 6/15/2014I read about this place in one of those dining magazines and we decided to try... Brunch was DELICIOUS! Variety of fine food, breads to die for, crepes made at the spot! All good! Nice service, cute place. We had such a great time and a great meal! Worth it to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outside on 6/3/14OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2014Found on open table with no prior knowledge,We had an outstanding dinning experience. We live in Napa Valley and are use to really good food so we were pleasantly surprised with wine selection as well as quality of food.Every bit as good as what we can get at home . One of the things we like about Open table is this type of pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great french resto in s beachJBarnettDined on 6/3/2014a nice upscale french restaurant away from the frenetic beachfront boardwalk scene, but situated in a nice section of s beach. we had an anniversary dinner there and found the food, service, and ambiance to be excellent!Special Features:
- ilopetraDined on 6/2/2014Ausgezeichnet frischer Fisch, alles sehr geschmackvoll zubereitet. Besonders zu empfehlen, das Thunfisch-Tatar. Man sollte aber dem Rat des Obers folgen und die Vorspeise teilen. Die Portionen sind sehr reichhaltig. Ganz tolle Weinauswahl!! gelungener Abend :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality is not the same...NeilyVIPDined on 6/1/2014My first 2 visits a year ago where great. This time I took a couple of friend to try how good the brunch was and it was just a dissapoitnment. Food quality was terrible, soup was cold and there was not worth the money at all. But the service was the worst part. The waiter was not attentive or at least try to. This was one of my favorite places for brunch... Not anymore
- Ango631VIPDined on 5/28/2014First time here. Pleasantly surprised. Food was delicious and the service was very good. Escargots and the duck entree were both really good and tasty. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 224 reviews are from the La Gloutonnerie - South Beach reviews archive.