86-13 Northern Blvd.
Jackson Heights, NY 11372Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://laglorianyc.com/
- Phone: 7188061270
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 5:00 - 2:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Marcia Ortiz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Provide food for any occasion. Formal to informal events.
- Private Party Facilities: Capacity of 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Johny Robaina 7188061270
- Entertainment: Live music & dj"s weekly.
A word from La Gloria
Sexy, seductive, sophisticated... all aptly describe La Gloria"s decor & clientele, who stop by for food, drinks, socializing, & even a little online wireless Internet time. Upon entering, one is first struck by the sweeping front bar. It is illuminated by ambient lighting that washes the venue's interior walls and plush leather seating in exotic crimson hues. Adding further dramatic effect are the intricate wood, granite & red-brick finishes that bring texture to La Gloria's architecturally-inspired detailing. And it is within this one-of-a-kind setting that guests enjoy signature cocktails, plus a selection of fine wines that is every bit as impressive as the dynamic interior and its equally dynamic fashionista crowd. Try one of the best cafe con leche in Queens along with traditional Cuban-Dominican homestyle cooking. Chef Marcia Ortiz's menu offers savory chimi and frita sandwiches, plentiful paella, ropa vieja, &more in an informal setting. Check Out Our Great Sunday Brunch!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Gloria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great foodChrisDined on 10/18/2013Great food and drinks. Staff is great but band is way too loud, you have to scream at the person next to you to be able to hear you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for young peopleNYCnativeVIPDined on 10/11/2013The COLORFUL lighting and louder music probably draws a younger crow. I really enjoyed the day's special, pork hock that I think was baked like a pernil and then deep fried to get a crispy shell. The presentation for all the dishes was very nice. The services while somewhat slow considering there was only 2 tables was friendly and enthusiastic. The black bean rice was excellent and we really enjoyed it and the guacamole served with the miriquitas was full of flavor. The ceviche was on the sweet side, the fried fish was very bland but I think if they go the with more traditional Cuban/Dominican/ Puertorrican seasoning with some of their dishes they would bring a bigger dinning crowd.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2013Enjoyed a quiet early dinner so the service was very good. El anti communista platter consisted of a nice portion of roast pork but it was a little dry. Very good Moros, platantains and cole slaw and tasty garlic bread. Enjoyed tilapia w a creamy coconut sauce. Only complaint was paying $9 for a small glass filled with ice and a little sangria.
- Hot Brunch SpotannoulaVIPDined on 8/25/2013I've been coming here since July and they do not disappoint! Their brunch parties on Sundays are a lot of fun and the food is flavorful and really good! It's always packed in this place and the music is on point. Everything about La Gloria is dope from the crowd to the menu and to their strong drinks! I don't have any complaints here.Special Features:
- AmazingAmazingDined on 7/17/2013This was the first time my wife was here for our anniversary it was an amazing experience. We love the food the drinks were great. Felt that our waiter had to much tables but it was not his fault. But a truly a great place. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food service so soLadydnyceDined on 6/29/2013Overall experience based on yelp reviews was pretty accurate. The food was great although service was slow. Drinks were strong everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the salmon dish prepared medium well with crispy crunchy skin. My friends had the 12 oz steak which they really enjoyed. We sat outdoors nice night, relaxed atmosphere couple of loud tables but overall enjoyed our dining experience and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2013If your looking for a club scene while you eat then this is the place for you. The place was Soo loud you couldn't even hear the person next to you asking for salt...lol Definitely not a place I will return to. The service was extra slow we had to ask for the menu ourselves felt ignored. Definitely not recommending and never going back.Special Features:
- IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A GOODMELIDined on 5/25/2013IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A GOOD RESTAURANT AND BOY WAS THIS GOOD! I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND LA GLORIA. LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE NEXT VISIT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time there in three weeks!VanessaZDined on 5/18/2013The third time visiting in three weeks and I have not been dissapointed! The Mango "sangria" is delish! The dominican style nachos and mixed fried meat plater is the reason why I keep going back! The noise level was pretty low since we made 5pm reservations. We have been there when the band plays and it can be pretty loud but fun envirnoment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food, Live MusicStepchildDined on 5/3/2013My cousin and I met at LaGuardia and looked for a place to eat. LaGloria had good reviews so we decided to give it a try. If you go after 7 - get reservations! The restaurant is fairly small as are the tables. We sat near the bar - which is also near the band. The band is authentic Caribbean music and is a very nice touch. With the small restaurant and the live music the restaurant does get fairly loud. We were able to carry on a conversation, but it may have been easier in the rear of the restaurant. We had the Nachos - they were outstanding, and a big portion. Then we both ordered the pork meal - it was also outstanding. Without any drinks, the total was $50 and we were stuffed. I'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013The food was really great. We had the plaintain & Yuca chips with Guacamole for an appetizer which was delicious. Both of us went for the roast pork which came with really crispy pork skins that were incredible. The sweet plaintains that came with it were so sweet yet had a nice crispness to the edges just the way I like it. The chef came out to greet us which was very impressive and the staff was very friendly. Dessert was sinfully good! I had the pan de puddin and it had this carmel sauce on it... ohhhh wow. Our only complaint was the drinks could have been better. Great food & dessert... ok drinks. I definately reccommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- La Gloria was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013I went to La Gloria with my family for a birthday celebration. I loved that the place is small and cozy so you don't get lost in the crowd and the service was great. The food was good. The passion fruit sangria was excellent! I loved that you didn't feel rushed to get out even at prime time on a Saturday night. They even had live Cuban music after 9pm which was a nice touch and added to the festive feel.Special Features:
- My wife is a critic and iOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013My wife is a critic and i consider her to be the best chef in the world but to my surprise she not only gave high praise to the chef, she also complimented Ingrid's attention. Afterwards, my wife and I danced the night away in your lounge next door. She is already talking about an immediate return with friends.Special Features:
- The place is a too noisy forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The place is a too noisy for brunch o a Sunday. DJ wouldn't turn it down after we asked, felt like we were yelling at our server to place our order. Food was average, nothing really standing out.Special Features:
- My husband & I tried thisRandyVIPDined on 3/16/2013My husband & I tried this restaurant for the first time this past Saturday night, & we were not disappointed! We got there early, it was quiet. By the time we left it was really jumping, the band was great! We started off sharing a few appetizers. We ordered the Ropa Vieja & the Ceviche, both were excellent. We shared the Paella, it was enough for the both of us. The chef came out & introduced himself, it was very nice. Looking forward to the nice weather so we can enjoy some outside dining.Special Features:
- Amazing TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013La gloria was amazing once again, the food, cocktails, & live band were all on point.Waited a few xtra minutes for my table, but it was worth every minute. Def be back and def recommend...Special Features:
- Another great example of theTonyVIPDined on 3/2/2013Another great example of the growing list of interesting restaurants in Queens with superbly prepared regional cuisine. The ropa vieja was excellent, although the vegetables that accompanied it were not as warm as they should have been. The empanadas were outstanding and the ceviche was one of the best we have ever had. There is a short list of inexpensive but very good wines. La Gloria is definitely a place worth making a regular stop, if only there were not so many other interesting choices within a few miles.
- This place never fails. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2013This place never fails. Always the most amazing service no matter what time or how busy they are. And the food is amazing. Will continue to go here!Special Features:
- Food was delicious, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Food was delicious, staff a little busy but very friendly and made great recommendations. The music band playing salsa tubes was really great. Wish there was a dancing floor!Special Features:
- I loved it....Food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012I loved it....Food and drinks excellent. Definitely a place to go. Excellent sangria. ...Special Features:
- Authentic Latin-Cuban flair!wadechenDined on 12/4/2012Authentic Latin-Cuban flair! I'd definitely go again. They had 5 kinds of sangria to go with authentic well aportioned entres. You won't leave the place unsatisfied; though it may take some time - the service was on Latin time as well.Special Features:
- Gloria in Excelsis to La GloriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/2/2012This place was terrific. La Gloria is now on the top my restaurant list in Jackson Heights (and we are blessed lots of great places). Unlike a lot of JH restaurants, La Gloria is very pretty space, warm and welcoming. Not warehouse-like as several others (you know who I mean). And the art, by a local artist is pretty. The service was outstanding, friendly, accommodating etc. The food was terrific - several of us had the El Comunista (renamed on the printed menu (El Anti-comunista) - whatever your politics is was superb. The Ropa Vieja is the best in Queens. The Ceviches were great, and the Pastel en Hoja terrific.Special Features:
- Reliably GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2012Simply the best "neighborhood" restaurant in Queens and possibly the entire city. The Humita appertizer is to die for and the drinks are divine. The place is perfect for couples or a larger gathering of friends. It has become our "go to" place when we want to be assured of a great meal.Special Features:
- First time at La Gloria, theIsasmomVIPDined on 11/3/2012First time at La Gloria, the waitress was very nice and gave us great suggestions- the pork chops and churrasco were excellent. We tried the passion fruit sangria was good but a bit too sweet for our taste. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- It was our first time at LafoodlvrVIPDined on 9/29/2012It was our first time at La Gloria and it really was awesome. The Passion Fruit sangria was to die for. Everything was really really good. And Ingrid our waitress gave us several food tips which were on the money and she also took very good care of us. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- The food was very good andLex1VIPDined on 8/26/2012The food was very good and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- In my opinion, the best littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2012In my opinion, the best little restaurant in Queens. Absolutely delicious food coupled with excellent drinks. Not to be missed. Bring another couple/family. They'll love you for it.Special Features:
- We were very pleased withLex1VIPDined on 7/6/2012We were very pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:
- Something DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2012My family spends a good deal of time looking for something other than the same suburban dining experience. Well, this is it! Good Spanish food, nice atmosphere (in an urban setting) and unbelievable Sangria (try the passionfruit). The Humita appertizer was delicious. If you're tired of the same old, same old, try this restaurant.Special Features:
- amazing food and place......OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/16/2012amazing food and place...... staff is great...I recommend it ......Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed theFoodie63VIPDined on 6/9/2012My husband and I enjoyed the food and service.The passionfruit sangria was delicious.I appreciated our server providing a sampling of sangrias to taste.The snapper was tasty and moist and the pork was moist.Green plaintains with the sauce was delicious ate every one.We are Jamaican/Haitian so our cultures are similar to latin for food and music.We totally enjoyed the music playing because we love music and it just enhances our dining experience.We would dine here again.Special Features:
- This is the 2nd time I goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012This is the 2nd time I go to La Gloria. This time I went on Mother's Day in the late afternoon, the service was slow but they tried so hard to please us. Food was great and the ambiance was inviting. Still love this place!Special Features:
- It was our first time at LaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012It was our first time at La Gloria and we liked it very much. The service was great and the food delicious. We will go back very soon.Special Features:
- Upon entering my first initialGalFromQueensDined on 5/5/2012Upon entering my first initial thought was wow this is really nice from the decor to the ambiance, had a nice romantic feel Which was perfect since we were out celebrating a relatives wedding. The food was excellent, Ingrid our waitress was a delight, she was extremely pleasant and very helpful when we couldn't decide on what we wanted to order, her suggestions were delicious and the food was fantastic. Would definitely go back and recommend!!Special Features:
- Good food and the passionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2012Good food and the passion Fruit Sangria is excellent. NExt door is their lounge and bar for people that want to stay drinking and dancing.Special Features:
- My goal was to find some "localOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2012My goal was to find some "local eating experience". If you are a high maintainance diner, this place is not for you. But if you are looking for authentic Spanish dish and want to experience the local scene this is for you! The staff was very friendly and responsive to my requests. They left me in peace and werent hounding me all the time. Interiors were well done with the amount of space they had to work with. There was an outdoor dining area that I could tell would be the place to been on good weather days.Special Features:
- My group and I Loved La Gloria!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2012This is our first time at La Gloria. It was recommended by a good friend. We went on a Friday night around 9p and a Cuban band was playing until 1030p. They were very talented. We all loved the food, which included Palomilla, Tilipia, Salmon, Chuleta and Cuban sandwich. We also tried the Tres Leche which was amazing and the flan was good too. I had the Passion Fruit Mojito which was good too. The service was a little slow but we weren't in a rush and the environment was so inviting. After dinner, we went to their lounge next door and the club started to get really pumping around 1230p. We were there around 1130p which was really slow but at least we got a good spot to sit. We left at 315a. I plan to go again soon.Special Features:
- An excellent find!! HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2012An excellent find!! Have had an amazing experience with every visit...highly recommend La Gloria to all!!Special Features:
- It was my first time @ laOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2012It was my first time @ la Gloria and I regret not coming here sooner. The food was great and I loved the passion fruit sangria.no complaints!Special Features:
- Always a fun consistent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2012Always a fun consistent experience with plenty of good food and sangria.Special Features: