3437 Main Hwy Coconut Grove
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lagambarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7864640908x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday & Thursday: Open for dinner
Friday: Open for lunch and dinner
Saturday: Open for dinner
Sunday: Open for lunch and dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
A word from La Gamba
Spanish Tapas in Coconut Grove.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Gamba reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (5)romantic (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great RestaurantAndresanDined on 10/3/2014One of the best spanish food restaurants I've been to in Miami. Fresh ingredients and a chef that will take you back to his home country theough every plate. Fully recommend you try it. Make a reservation because it gets packed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coconut Grove GemAJGSDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is a neighborhood gem. Love the coziness of this place. The food is superb..."the rice 7 mares" is absolutely divine..a little price, but the lobster tail, the cigalas, the shrimps and the langoustines makes it worth every penny of it. Service very friendly and attentive. Thank you guys for the after drinks "portos". We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas and Spanish foodvitanuovaDined on 8/20/2014This is my favourite tapas restaurant of all the ones I've been to in Miami. The alcachofas with jamon iberico are worth the trip, also the oxtail. Wonderful menu, terrific chef, nice wine selection. Small and intimate with good service. Very central in Coconut Grove. It's a little too hot right now (mid-August) to enjoy their outdoor seating but the location is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BUT .........FoodtrollVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our reservation was fine and we were seated right away.....from that point on the service went downhill. It took over an hour to get our appetizers and another while to get our entrees. The food was excellent though and the previous time we were there the service was better so we are willing to give La Gamba another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for dinningmexicanisimoDined on 8/2/2014I will go to La Gamba again for dining, excellent service and food, had a very nice time. Will go there again, and will recommended to everyone.Special Features:
- Disappointment with Open TableFoodtrollVIPDined on 7/29/2014I made a reservation for La Gamba on a Tuesday night through Open Table. When I arrived there with my out of town guests, there was a sign stating that the restaurant was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays for the summer. Whose fault was it---La Gamba for not advising Open Table of their summer hours or Open Table for not keeping up with a member restaurant's policies. Whoever's fault it was it resulted in a major disappointment. My review of the restaurant was done based on a previous visit to La GambaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service to match!MustbegoodtoeatitDined on 7/26/2014All dishes were well prepared and tasty. The seafood stew was very good, as was the mussels appetizer and stuffed peppers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish treat!SixtiescollectorDined on 7/12/2014The seafood paella was outstanding, as was the fried octopus appetizer ---- the white sangria was refreshing with real fruit, no sugar added (we asked, it was so good and so different from the usual sugary sangria served in other places)-- our server Rosa could not have been nicer, knowledgable about the wines and dishes, attentive but not overly so. Lovely experience with friends, our second time there, and we will be back.Special Features:
- A bit of España in the GroveLunacatDined on 7/11/2014We ate on a slow Friday night outside. The wait staff were super attentive and had small fans stratigicly place keeping us cool and the Mosquitos at bay. We were served some warm Spanish olives and bread when we sat and our drink order was taken immediately. Our server recommended some popular plates and answered all our questions in a friendly manner. Our water glasses were always refilled, plates cleared in a timely manner and our food arrived quickly. We had the artichoke tapa, which was delish. We also had the gambas which was a nice size plate, also good. And we tried the yummy croquettes de jamon. We sat and finished our wine without feeling rushed. It was an enjoyable dining experience and I would recommend giving it a try. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real cuisine from SpainMacuDined on 6/28/2014Chef Agusti creates delicious dishes from the traditional cuisine from Spain. Very good ingredients. Highly recommend the rice dishes.Special Features:
- restaurant was closedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014I got a reservation for my fiftieth birthday through open table and the restaurant was closed. Had make other plans last minute after 8 pm not funSpecial Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the La Gamba reviews archive.
- A Great Grove Gem!revwafDined on 6/1/2014I have now eaten at La Gamba 4 times and each time the experience has been wonderful! From the delicious Spanish food to the friendly service this has become one of my favorite go-to spots in Miami. The chef came out to greet us, and both of our servers couldn't have been friendlier or more attentive. They steered us toward two specials this time, a Spanish-style empanada (way different and way superior to the ones we're used to here) and giant shrimp (complete with edible claws) cooked in brandy. We also really like the Catalan spinach, the Spanish-style croquetas, and the jamon Iberico. Even something as simple as the classic Spanish tortilla was much more flavorful than others I've had elsewhere. Five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to GrovemiamifoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2014I went there three times in one week. Great Spanish comfort food, fish flown in from Spain, and oh those shrimps with garlic! Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findFoodtrollVIPDined on 6/1/2014Outstanding food and service. Doesn't look like much from the outside but we loved it. It's one of our best restaurant experiences in the last few monthsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaroDined on 5/13/2014Great place! Wonderful food, friendly service, and fantastic live music! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Coconut Grove find….MiacatfishDined on 5/3/2014We really enjoyed this new, gem in the Grove. Authentic "comidas de Espana!!" Very reasonably priced with a wonderful selection of tapas, paella, seafood, "y postres." The owners "table hop" greeting new and returning patrons…they server was very helpful to us "gringos" with our selection of both the tapas and entrees. The fresh seafood and rice stew was outstanding and easily serves 2-3 if sharing other dishes. They have a modest wine selection but well priced. If you are a wine aficionado, ask to see their wines off the menu and available…in the $100 range (Riojas). They do not offer a corkage…so you holders of a Vega-Sicilia "Unico," don't even try to impress the owners…no exceptions. The are very good in honoring reservations.Special Features:
- Dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014The experience was good, good food, good service. However, lonely to be a Thursday and somehow expensive.Special Features:
- La Gamba hit the spotSoniasPapiDined on 4/23/2014Wide ranging choice of apps and tapas with unique flavor. Shrimp Aiello was great but not enough for the price. Very accommodating team waiters. The live entertainment trio played authentic Spanish folk music but way TOO LOUD to where I couldn't carry a conversation. Overall good restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They need work...JoeSoDined on 3/23/2014The service was rude, the two paellas (both the classic and the black ink) were tasteless. I understand they just opened but...
- La Gamba is GreatPardDined on 3/23/2014We went to La Gamba on a Sunday late afternoon after a matinee at Grove movies. Food, service and chef all helpful, attentive and welcoming. We had the pan con tomate, various forms of shrimps and almond cake. Worth every calorie and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not deserve a starPapaGordoDined on 3/22/2014We had a reservation, promptly seated. The waiter was very rude. My spouse wanted a glass of wine and committed the sin of asking if they had Pinot Grillo. In a very rude manner she was told "Don't you know this is a Spanish Restaurant? We only serve Spanish wines" setting the unfriendly tone for the evening. The food, we ordered croquetas for appetizer and gaspacho, both were very good. For main dish we ordered Gambas al Brandy and paella de pollo y chorizo. En lugar de gambas we got chorizos al brandy. When we got the Gambas they were undercooked. The paella was average, mostly chicken, very few chorisos. Had crema catalana for desert. It was good. This restaurant is a no return.
- Loved this restaurantmwhiteVIPDined on 3/9/2014This was one of the best Spanish restaurants I have ever been to in Miami. Highly authentic, wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but confused serversSteveOVIPDined on 2/21/2014The language barrier was a problem, but the food was very tastySpecial Features:
- Arts FestivalCGAFDined on 2/14/2014Did not get to dine at La Gamba, because it became impossible for me to get to them. Most of the streets in Coconut Grove where closed to traffic for the Coconut Grove Arts Festival. Sorry, maybe next time I will have better luck. My apologuies to La Gamba.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafeteria StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014We went to this restaurant for our Valentne's Day dinner expecting a romantic, relaxed atmosphere where we could linger. Instead, we were rushed through dinner, cafeteria style. Salads were place on the table before we even had a chance to look at the menu and the food kept comming before we could enjoy eating the preceding course. The entire 5 course dinner took 40 minutes. Totally inappropriate for the ocassion.
- Food was excellent but waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent but wait staff and communication is definitely lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayMarcoVIPDined on 2/14/2014I really shouldn't rate this place because it was Valentine's evening and I always swear I will not go out on that night ....anywhere. The servers were young and not trained - totally confused. The owner did not help them, just stared at the cash register and tried to rush us out to turn a table. There was only one waiter that knew what was going on. Terrible evening.
- Valentine's at La GambaMiloDined on 2/14/2014Service is bad. Had to ask for everything or nothing would had happen. Food was a set menu for Valentine's. Everything was wrong. Salad was already served before sit down, main course was served before the appetizer, quality of food was mediocre at best, steak was delivered (2) minutes after the ordering it. The owner or manager offered no greetings and just stood there at the same location all night. Set menu: Lobster Bisque soup, Thermidor Lobster Tail, Filet Mignon. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!
- Very friendly staff, excellent food305foodieDined on 2/14/2014I went with my wife and two friends for a prix-fix Valentine's day menu. The meal included lobster tails, filet mignon and a desert with champagne. I thought the food was excellent at a reasonable price. The restaurant is small with an intimate setting. The wait staff was very friendly and accomodating to my wife who has a food allergy. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New spot in the Grove..try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/9/2014We enjoyed our quiet meal at La Gamba. It is true Spanish cuisine. I hope others will try it out...worth it especially if you get a chance to enjoy a Miami evening on the walk...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spanish restaurant.ShockedVIPDined on 1/7/2014The paella was very fresh and delicious. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.