La Galleria 33
125 Salem St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Galleria 33
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lagalleria33.com/
- Phone: 6177237233
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining room that seats up to 40 guests.
- Special Events: La Galleria 33 is more than happy to help you plan and accomodate you and your guests for any occassion.
- Public Transit: Take the Orange Line to Haymarket, follow the signs into the North End. We are the last restaurant on the right on Salem St.
Look for the teal neon sign :)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We validate parking at Parcel 7 parking garage.
There is also a parking lot on Cooper St. about 2 blocks away from the restaurant.
A word from La Galleria 33
Join Us for Lunch On Saturdays & Sundays from 12 to 4:00 PMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Galleria 33 reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)romantic (26)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (14)notable wine list (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)Show More
- OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/26/2014I usually go to Al Dente which is a huge fave with my friends and I, normally our favorite place to reccommend to guests who stay at the hotel we work at. After eating here, I immediately called everyone to let them know that there is a new favorite in town, and we have all made plans to go in the next week or so. Please stay tuned for the group concensus....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great food, great service and a great atmosphere. We were seated promptly at our reservation time and the server was quick to come over to take our drink order. The bruschetta and meatballs we ordered for appetizers were fantastic. My gnocchi was delicious and the other people in my party loved their meals as well. I would highly recommend La Galleria 33.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very welcoming and friendly staffADnorthendDined on 10/25/2014Chicken boca bona was delishous and someone else at my table had the eggplant ravioli and it was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieloveDined on 10/24/2014I thought the atmosphere was great and the food was alright. I think I could have gotten the same food at an Italian restaurant anywhere else. When I go to the north end I expect authentic homemade Italian food.Special Features:
- Why?!?!?Jdoherty05Dined on 10/18/2014So we have been to la galleria33 about five times now and love it!!! But this last time was not so great. We had gone with another couple and when we arrived for our reservation we were told they over booked I didn't think to much about it until we waited an hour and a half for our food!! When it finally arrived my friend and I ordered tge same meal and it was gross! It was veal in a vodka sauce. The breasting in the veal was like scrambled eggs and very spongy. They were nice enough to get us new dishes and free glass of wine! I was impressed with that also my husband and friend were offered free sambuca shots while they wait for tge girls new dishes I really liked how they handled the situation and I will definitely go back one more timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - nice ambiancerosesDined on 10/18/2014La Galleria 33 is a great neighborhood gem. Authentic italian food, served in a comfortable atmosphere. We were seated right away and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Delightful service, bland foodJKandDPDined on 10/17/2014A pleasant enough restaurant in this great district. Smiling and attentive service. However the food was lacking in flavour and expensive for what it was. Minestrone soup and their special penne pasta with veal both tasted bland although the quality of the ingredients was clearly good. Disappointing. But at least it was not noisy there as tables well spaced and the open front makes it nice and cool in warm weather.
- Fantastic!TDineDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I chose La Galleria 33 for our anniversary. The overall experience was perfect. All the employees were friendly and attentive, the food was delicious, and the prices were very reasonable. Using Open Table was very helpful, as it was a busy Saturday night and people that did not have a reservation were looking at an hour wait. We highly recommend La Galleria 33.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing TimeANTMAN2018Dined on 10/11/2014The experience I had at La Galleria 33 was like no other. The food was outstanding and the environment was just perfect for dinner. It made me feel like I was in little Italy and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Also the price is very reasonable for everything.Special Features:
- Tasty North EndNlefDined on 10/11/2014We were a group of seven seated in a quiet space at a round table. Perfect for us. Food very tasty reasonably priced. We each had different items and all were satisfied with what we had. Recommend making reservations. Fills up on a Sat night.Special Features:
- Great Food, Fun VibePacoDined on 10/10/2014This place obviously got over any "Kitchen Nightmare" it may have had. We celebrated a birthdy there on Friday 10/10 and arrived half an hour earlier than anticipated. While crowded, we got seats quickly. Service was awesome, attentive, knowledgable and fun. Our waitress offered menu suggestions that lived up to her hype. We were with our two kids (10 and 12) and they found numerous dishes to their liking as well. La Galleria 33 was very crowded with a large party that night which slowed the kitchen down a bit; however, our waitress was excellent in communicating the wait time. Once it arrived, all 4 entrees where exceptionally good and proved to be a nice twist on some classic Italian menu items. Great Food. Great Atmosphere. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InternationalFoodieDined on 10/10/2014The food was terrific, but the service was very, very slow! We know it was a busy night and the server came up to tell us, but some type of reward for how long we waited for our main courses (1 hour!) would have been nice. Perhaps consider a free appetizer, glass of wine, or dessert in the future, if the service can't get faster?Special Features:
- Great food, service a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014The restaurant is warm and service was friendly. We did, however, sit for a bit (10 minutes or so) before were even given menus and service thereafter was a bit slow, though not terrible. It was obvious everything was cooked to order, as everything was hot and fresh. Bread is typical white French/Italian bread with a nice white bean puree for dipping. Garden salad was eh, with lots of iceberg lettuce, but the creamy dressing was very good. We had Chicken Parm and Chicken Buona Boca. both of which were very good. Skipped dessert/coffee, which was the plan anyway, but we found it interesting that no one ever offered. Just got a "are you all set?" and we confirmed we were ready for the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014although the food was good, the service was horrible. one of our diners was able to overhear a few services making comments about a few diners, including one of ours. turns us off immediately.
- Slow/Disappointing ExperienceMDFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Due to an accident on 24, we arrived late for our reservation. When I asked about how long the wait would be, the hostess/owner said she didn't know/"hard to say". She seemed angry to be so busy and I saw a lot of people leave frustrated with that. The service was so slow. It took over 15 minutes to get our wine and the food took a long time to come out. We enjoyed our food, but when we asked for fresh parm, the waitress brought over a tiny dish of grated parm that didn't look fresh & wasn't enough for the 4 people at our table. It was also incredibly loud. The sound doesn't carry well and you could barely hear the music. We won't be back. Plenty of options in NE where you won't be treated like a nuisance & can have a better experience.Special Features:
- loveDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had a great experience at La Galleria 33. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. His recommendations for dinner were fabulous. The house Chianti was great. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- La Galleria 33 ReviewPatzeriaDined on 9/27/2014The food here was excellent. I went on a Sunday evening with my husband and two children, ages 9 and 12. We had the antipasto, which was delicious, as were the crab cakes, for an appetizer. I had the lasagna, which was excellent; my husband had the veal cacciatore - it was delicious - very fresh... the veal was superb. My kids had chicken parmigiana and veal with penne, again, both were delicious. The server was very attentive. Now the bad news: It is very hot in the left side of the restaurant; there is an open kitchen, it was uncomfortably hot in the dining area. Also, took OVER AN HOUR to get our meal. Something about a delay due to a large party. The food was great when it finally did arrive, so we let it go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honesty is the best policySolstice155Dined on 9/27/2014Chose place due to appearance on Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares show. Ambiance was "busy"--it was Sat night w/lots of tourists about. My lady had the Filetto Livornese (Cod) minus anchovies, & I had the Asparagus & Black Truffle Risotto & Seafood Ravioli. Cod was cooked perfectly & adorned w/toms, capers & blk olives--quite tasty. The accompanying penne was disappointing--obviously box w/a mediocre sauce. Risotto was good but isn't anything I would order again. Seafood Ravioli was EXCELLENT--freshly made pasta w/crab, scallops & shrimp & a very tasty Vodka sauce--highly recommended! We split a piece of Tiramisu for dessert which was very good. Overall experience=pretty good. Meal w/tip, no drinks=$70, good value for Boston's North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a let down..ThomasDined on 9/22/2014Was excited to eat there..food was good. Carbonara was excellent. Service started out great...ended poorly. Courses brought out on top of each other. Food was delivered, server disappeared..never checked back. All i could hear was the owner's cackling laugh all night. A other server cleared my appetizer and dinner plates at the same time...10 minutes after i was finished...waiting. When the servers saw another reservation appear on computer..they both moaned together. I will never return.
- PASTA e FAGIOLI!eatdrinkbemerry5Dined on 9/12/2014The best pasta e fagioli I've ever had and comes in a good portion. Service was good and the inside was nice. Took my parents here for a nice dinner and they loved it. Shrimp parm was very good as well.Special Features:
- EmmaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We always enjoy our evening at La Galleria 33 - consistently very good food and service.Special Features:
- La Galleria 33 is a great findEatwellVIPDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I and two friends had a terrific meal at La Galleria 33 on Salem Street last Saturday evening. The room is very interesting and lovely, the service is outstanding (friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive), and the food is terrific. Moreover, the prices are very reasonable. I am very glad that we "discovered" it, a mere block away from too-busy Hanover Street.Special Features:
- Great experience & valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Prices are fantastic for the quality food and wine. This is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian resturantBillDined on 8/30/2014The food was great. But for an Italian resturant to give about two tablespoons of pasta with their veal was poor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishwallpaintsDined on 8/19/2014Always a great spot in the north end. The antipasto is fantastic. I love the gnocchi and the risotto, and it's great that you can get half-plates... it means you don't have to carry the other half around when you don't finish it. Diverse wine list, and lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gem of the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We have dined on several occasions at La Galleria 33. It's one of our favorite restaurants in the North End. Our waiter "Matt" was superb and extremely attentive. The meal as always was superb!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Awesome food, and great service! For the North End, they do a great jobSpecial Features:
- Great group dinnerHolyMoleDined on 8/13/2014They accommodated a large group of us with really good food timed excellently with a great attitude.Special Features:
- You want North End, eat on Salem StBosFitDined on 8/12/2014We wanted to check this restaurant out because we saw in on Gordon Ramsay's show. We also really liked the women who run the place as they are Bostonians as we are, and well, we have to support our own. I took an out of town friend here for lunch and my family a few days later. I was very impressed with the food and I can see why Ramsay liked their Tiramisu. You can tell the food is fresh and not microwaved. You can smell it as it is being made. The service is not too bad. The waitresses are very nice. I think they are slower to tend to tables because the location is short staffed. We got seated by one of the owners which was fine with us. :) In the past we have eaten on Hanover Street, but clearly the tasty places are on Salem Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbiasedwelltravelledfoodieDined on 7/29/2014Arugula salad was very good . My Seafood ravioli was ok but not great. Too much sauce and temp of food was cool. My guests both agreed their chicken dish was very good. Good portions. Service ok.
- AWESOME!EmmaVIPDined on 7/26/2014As usual, we had a wonderful dining experience at this great North End restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as usual, but...moz88Dined on 7/20/2014the service this time was not very good at all, waited 5 minutes at the hostess stand before we were even acknowledged. One seated not much better..... In the past the service has been much better.
- CHEESE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Absolutely amazing food, the atmosphere was fun and vibrant, and the service was great! I took my mom here when she came to the city to visit me and we had an amazing time and food was the tip of the iceberg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmrspink1979Dined on 7/16/2014Went here with a group from work; the place is easy to find (though parking in the North End is a challenge), really nice ambience and fantastic food. Good wine selection and food was fresh and delicious-Gluten Free options available! Our server was awesome; had great knowledge of the food and made solid recommendations. Would definitley go back!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceAlitwanDined on 7/16/2014Went with a large group and they were very accommodating. Made us feel welcome and like we were the only table they had. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Wish I could remembers our waiters name, he was a character!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Poor service/ it took over half an hour for them to take our drink order! Then another twenty minutes for our food order! We had 8pm reservations and didn't eat until 930. Terrible. Food was good at least..
- chloebuttsVIPDined on 7/10/2014We have lived in Boston for 20+ years and have only found maybe 2 restaurants in the North End that are not pedestrian and tourist centric. In fact we hope to find more we can frequent since we eat out 2-3 times a week. Unfortunately La Galleria 33 is not one of them. Service was very spotty and the food was rather generic to be honest. Perhaps for a tourist it is more about eating IN the North End than enjoying the food. That is too bad. Oh and I also found the bathrooms to be a bit dirty as well. So there is definitely room for improvement.
- Best in the North EndFoodmattersDined on 7/8/2014I have been to La Galleria 33 for countless special occasions, birthdays, graduations, etc. I order the same pasta dish every time (happens not to be on the menu because I am vegan). They cater to my diet, and the dish is delicious each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely phenomenal!BeccaGDined on 7/5/2014Me and my husband took our visiting friends here - so great! Very authentic Italian, absolutely crazy good service, beautiful ambiance. Get the calamari! For the love of all that is holy... get the calamari.Special Features:
- NOTHING SPECIAL100DDDined on 7/5/2014Cute ambiance and nice server but that's about it. We went there because out of town friends had seen it on Kitchen Nightmares and were keen to check it out. Wish we could give it a thumbs up, but can't. Had linguine with clam sauce and it was flavorless, the clams huge and rubbery. There was not a stand out dish among us. It also took forever for us to get our meals. Definitely not worth the wait. There are so many great places in the North End but Galleria 33 is not one of them.