La Frontera Mexican Grill
37 E Broadway
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Frontera Mexican Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafronteragrill.com/
- Phone: (201) 880-7731
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from La Frontera Mexican Grill
Welcome to La Frontera Mexican Grill! We specialize in delicious authentic Mexican cuisine. Our entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming setting that you, your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are in the mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some old Mexican favorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. No matter what your occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at La Frontera Mexican Grill promise to make your next dining experience a pleasant one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Frontera Mexican Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2013Maria cooks her own and her grandmother's recipes and you won't be served food but Mexican cuisine! The many dishes we've ordered are consistently delicious and we'll continue dining with Alex & Maria. The staff is professional and everyone is good at their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Credit CardsTravelerDined on 8/13/2013I was by myself. Food was ok. Others there were having a good time. Sign on door and on their website indicate they accept American Express cards. The person told me they did not. That's a problem. Do they advertise that they do to get the customer in and because of the higher fees they really reject AmEx cards. What about "Truth in advertising?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was authentic but lackedrestauranteur22Dined on 8/11/2013Food was authentic but lacked salt. my churassco fajita definitely wasn't churassco and even if it was there was about 12 pieces of meet in a sea full of peppers and onions . Service was horrible! Not warm or inviting. Actually the lady came off rude and absolutely didn't have knowledge of the menu which was frustrating. Overall I will probably be ordering take out but stick to the basics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, loved It!SasgharDined on 7/24/2013The food was great! Extremely flavorful. I've paid more money on similar dishes that weren't half as tasty as the food I had here. My guest and I had the, Taco Salad, Fish Tacos, and the Tilapia Mayan. All delicious! As the night was winding down, I felt that the staff became a little unprofessional as they began celebrating with some of the customers. But I went for the food, and loved it! So yes, I am going back again very soon! I would definitely recommend it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013The food was very good and plentiful, but the night we were there the Air Conditioning was not working,....so it was as enjoyable as it could be. The staff was very helpful and attentive.
- Hidden GembirdbathDined on 7/12/2013I've been to this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. The food is delicious and they are very accommodating and friendly. The prices are good, as well. Also, it's a BYO, which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this Mexican1njgalVIPDined on 7/5/2013We have been to this Mexican restaurant for lunch....this was our first dinner experience. We joined another couple who dine here often. I ordered the tilapia tacos and it was very good....large portion. You can bring your own tequila....they will give you the margarita mix prepared the way you enjoy it. Very casual and unassuming but an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- What a find!BumMagnetVIPDined on 5/12/2013My mother and I were craving Mexican food... GOOD Mexican food, not from a chain restaurant. We found La Frontera on OpenTable and are so glad we tried it. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and efficient. Great, traditional Mexican at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- DeliciousLisamacxoxoDined on 5/10/2013Delicious as always. Service a little slow, but there is always someone an arm flag away. Love the selections. Grilled salmon with mangos is amazing. my niece loved her taco, just next time we need to get rice and beans on seperate plate as the make the taco shells soggy. My nephew went basic for a chicken quesadilla but was in heaven. I had the chimmichanga (totally spelled wrong sorry) it was great only flaw was guac wasnt spread through out. only tasted it at the end, but no biggie :) the shakes are great especially the mango. strawberry was blah and they were all out of the pineapple, but definitely pleased with the mango. will be back as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience. Tookgramercy2VIPDined on 4/20/2013Worst dining experience. Took 45 minutes to get the food served. And it was a slow Sunday night. When food finally arrived, they got the order wrong. Avoid this place like the plague.
- Visited this restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013Visited this restaurant with friends for a Saturday lunch date. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of menu choices which were appealing. The food was excellent, very fresh and moderately priced. I will visit again and would highly recommend this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its cover!BK1300Dined on 4/13/2013What a surprise! I was put in charge of finding a restaurant in the area. I'm from Brooklyn, my friends are from Pennsylvania and Englewood. We met in the middle. Upon checking Open Table, I came across this gem. The food ws great, and the waitstaff was very attentive. The cost was reasonable. Please note that this is not a fancy place, but for foodies it's a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Just awesome, authentic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/21/2013Just awesome, authentic Mexican food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- One of the best values in this areaMohoVIPDined on 3/1/2013This restaurant delivers one of the best values you can find in the Bergen County area. The regular items are very well priced, and the portion sizes are very filling. The specials are just that- they are special! Huge portions for a decent price. Our meal was a fondue-style pot with meat and vegetables and was only $29. Great for groups, also. Appears to be BYO, though they do serve. Would definitely recommmend, and will definitely be returning.Special Features: