613 College Street
Toronto, ON M6G 1B5Neighborhood:
Little Italy / College St.
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laforchetta.ca/
- Phone: (416) 534-3100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Roman Kolev
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from La Forchetta
La Forchetta Restaurant is located in the very heart of Little Italy district of Downtown Toronto. The restaurant offers variety of classic northern Italian dishes such as risottos and fine meat and game, while listing some great home made pasta choices from the southern fare. For five years in a raw, La Forchetta has won the prestigious "Best of Award of Excellence" from the Wine Spectator. The wine list offers over 650 wines by the bottle with a comprehensive wine by the glass and half bottle selections. We believe in bringing the best quality food ingredients on the market to the kitchen,and then transforming them with passion for cooking to meals evoking a memorable dining experience. The extensive wine list embraces and complements the diverse style of Italian dishes. Enjoy, and buon appetito!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Forchetta - Best Restaurants in Little Italy / College St. ›
La Forchetta reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (7)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Italian MasterpieceStellaDined on 11/15/2014Last weekend, my fiance and I visited Toronto. He had one dinner planned and the other was up to me. I was very interested in visiting Little Italy area but was searching for authentic Italian food. That's when I found La Forchetta. Some of the menu items had changed from the menu I found online, but most items were still there. The restaurant is small and cozy. We had excellent service and fantastic food. My fiance had the pork marsala and loved it. The mashed potatoes had so much flavor. I had the duck ristotto and the flavor was out of this world. It was also very hot temperature, and I like my food served hot. My only complaint would be that some of the duck was chewy on the edges, but most of it was lean and melted in your mouth. We both had wine and the wine list was huge. I visited Venice last year and I felt like I had gone back there when I walked into this place with the ambiance and Italian waiters. That coupled with the food makes this place a real gem! Enjoy.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehastrocatDined on 11/8/2014Went here after a film at the Royal. We were seated at a table in the middle of a thoroughfare, so my dining companion had plates whizzing above her head the whole time. Went for the three course price fixe. Nothing terrible, nothing great. Waiter kept trying to remove the dessert from my companion before she was done. Trying to rush us out, then the place was suddenly closed at 10.20 (our reservation was at 8.30). Told us not to hurry, then found it difficult to actually pay once resto was closed and the staff had friends and family in to socialize with. Strange experience.
- Check the billmitch4100Dined on 10/3/2014They don't split accounts if you need to, check the bill several timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little ItalyKoladaDined on 9/27/2014Great little restaurant on College in little Italy. I have been here twice and both times left satisfied. Good service, good food, good prices - not pretentiousSpecial Features:
- Delicious mealfoodforcathVIPDined on 9/26/2014Dinner was scrumcious. I tried the musk ox appetizer for the first time. Very tasty. Service was great. Would definitely recommend if you like Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- louiseDined on 9/26/2014A great place to enjoy a lovely evening with delicious food.Special Features:
- Wow! Talk about Fresh!!ModernDayHippieDined on 9/14/2014This is a smaller restaurant that is great for groups 10ppl or smaller. Very intimate with lots of character. Great service, fantastic death food with some interesting dishes that's were just heavenly. My co-workers and I loved it and had such a wonderful time there. We were definitely the noisy ones, otherwise it's a perfect restaurant for a romantic dinner or more intimate if your catching up with family/friends. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pick!KJSteamboatVIPDined on 9/13/2014Can't believe this restaurant has been here for 12 years! We had an amazing dinner of Caprese Salad, followed by Grilled European Sea Bass Filet! YUM!!! Everything was Delicious! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!StillhungryVIPDined on 9/5/2014Pasta was perfect, the sauce outstanding and a lightly grilled bread that has you asking for more. Charming restaurant with a phenomenal menu. Well worth the visit! We definitely did not leave hungry!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening in Little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I was warmly welcomed reservation for two and I was offered a table for 2 but since the Restaurent was quite I was then offered a table for four which had more space. My friend from the USA his first visit to Toronto spoke Italian so he reviewed the wine list but accepted my recommendation of Melot Mapa. The server showed the bopttle and offered a sample for testing My friend approved. It was a very good wine. We ordered salads Mine Ceasers His Greek. The were served very quickly. Our main dinner orders were served shortly after we had fiished the salads. Bread and water refills were offered many times. The main dishes were excellent I had the spegetti La Forchetta. It was an excleent evening The food great and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014The staff were very friendly and provided prompt service. The food was particularly good, especially the pappardelle. I have eaten my fair share of Italian pasta, and but the pappardelle was one of the best pasta dishes that I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great for datescookie222Dined on 8/15/2014Take your date here - it's romantic, intimate and yet not uncomfortable and stuffy. Great in the summer when they open the windows. It's in a great spot on College for post-dinner partying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in a long time~chelseDined on 8/3/2014On our many vacations we always look for the "best italian" restaurant. We go on a whim. This one paid off! It was easy to find, we got right in. The menu was eclectic and traditional. We had lots of things we wanted to order. They even made a simple but totally delicious spaghetti and sauce with sausage for my kids! Lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantKaliber44Dined on 8/1/2014Food was great. Service was great. A little too much noise from the street with the open patio, but no big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the La Forchetta reviews archive.
- Fantastic!!loveroftravelDined on 7/26/2014wonderful evening! The service was great! Very enjoyable. Each course was very flavourful and absolutely delicious! Our favourite was the Butternut squash ravioli - never had that flavouring before! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/13/2014We ate in their outdoor area during the recent Taste of Toronto festival. So the staff was incredibly busy and the dining areas were standing-room-only. Even so, the service was fairly prompt, and the food and wine were very good. On a less hectic night, I'm sure La Forchetta would offer an excellent dining experience.
- Worth a visitMunchingDined on 5/30/2014Small and tables a bit crowded but the food was great. Two of us had sea scallops with baby bok choy and sweet potato mash. Delicious although another scallop would have been nice. I had the risotto of the day which I cleaned up (unusual for me). We also enjoyed the tirumisu and chocolate cake. Waiters hovered a bit too much and one may have been new as the others occasionally stepped in to "help" him, which bothered at least one of us. Right on the street car line, very convenient. We had been to this restaurant years ago. Don't know why we waited so long to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local findbigbamboo52VIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a terrific local restaurant in the Little Italy section of Toronto. Although there are many restaurants in the area, La Forchetta stands out as a place with great food and great service. Highly recommend you try the mussels. All in all a really good experience.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceFoodchickDined on 5/18/2014The night started out lovely, the appetizers were delicious, the wine list extensive, and the waiter was attentive. The food portions are a little small, but absolutely fabulous. However, after our mains, the service went slightly downhill. We were waiting for a fair amount of time for our dessert to be ordered, and then again for the bill. However, we still really enjoyed this restaurant and would definitely reccomend to others !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFabulousDined on 5/9/2014Fantastic evening. This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is great, the atmosphere is intimate yet lively and the service is top notch. I recommend La Forchetta to all my friends.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, bad serviceFaviolaDined on 5/9/2014I took my mom here as an early mother's day celebration and our experience Was ruined by the waiter. He brought my mother a plate she did not order and started arguing with her saying it was she that ordered it wrong. Didn't even apologize or do anythig with the bill. Also, I had the muscles as a starter and they smelled funny. I don't think they were rinsed before being cooked as there was a crunch in my mouth everytime I had one. The layout of the restaurant itself is quiet nice.Special Features:
- Great place to go with a friend(s)FunSmilesDined on 5/3/2014excellent service, great food and good wine. Loved it !!!Special Features:
- Good foodeverestgirlDined on 4/13/2014Good food and table for 10 was set as requested. I would still go back, however, the restaurant should work on their service. Waiter needs to go back to waiter school on how to properly set table with food. They just sort of stand there with the food in the air expecting people to grab it from them rather than place the plates in front of you. Also, no warning till you reach out and grab a plate that it is actually hot from the kitchen. Ouch. Despite that they were friendly and the food was delicious. Just need to work on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we have had in TorontoRealfoodDined on 4/5/2014After searching for 2.5 years for a "go-to" Italian restaurant, we discovered La Forchetta - authentic neighbourhood restaurant, filled will a variety of diners (locals, visitors, foodies), all have a wonderful meal. Ambience is quiet and dignified. Service is attentive and low key. Food was outstanding. Better than many "higher profile" and certainly more expensive venues. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- oui oui et ouidelphineDined on 4/4/2014Un très bon restaurant italien, oû je rencontre des clients italiens, bon présage! Ambiance décontracté et intimiste à l occasion d'un petit restaurant avant de se faire une séance ciné. Quartier agréable, bonne table, bon prix...service impeccable. Je recommande sans hésitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sat night diner with family-everyongoodfoodDined on 3/22/2014sat night diner with family-everyone happy,enjoyed the food and wine, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service! This wasSydKaiDined on 2/14/2014Excellent service! This was my second fresh made pasta meal and I was not let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine'sThomasDined on 2/14/2014This was an excellent location for a romantic Valentine's dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Came here for valentines day. Was impressed with great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really well prepared mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014My partner and I found were seated at the table closest to the door. Normally this would be a little uncomfortable with cold air from outside coming in when the door opens. But not in this case. Neither one of us had to unwillingly give up our body heat. He chose the duck, I the veal. Both were perfectly cooked: the veal was thin cut, still tender and juicy, not leathery. The greens were 'chefs choice', very well done but came with both the veal and the duck which I thought was the only downpoint. I loved the homemade Tiramisu, made with actual lady fingers and not too watery. Service was outstanding. We stayed for a considerable time after our dinner immersed in conversation and no-one shooed us away or pressed us to place another order.Special Features:
- Weekend AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2014There were very few restaurants with such an extensive menu that were open on Sunday night. We were a group of 4 with varied tastes so La Forchetta suited our needs. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our dinner which included wine and dessert. Cost was reasonable especially when you consider staff, food, and overhead. The service was attentive and professional. The ambience was pleasant but the tables were a little too tight to one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencerestaurantgoer87Dined on 1/18/2014This place was chosen for its great reviews. I chose it to celebrate my boyfriend's boyfriend and we were not disappointed. We were welcomed right away and seated timely. The servers were attentive and wonderful. Questions were addressed with great enthusiasm. The bread was fabulous and tasted fresh from the oven. The food was hearty and wholesome and overall delightful. The restaurant accommodated my request to have a dessert brought out to my boyfriend once our meal was complete. We both had a wonderful experience and are anticipating our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service and foodAliceDined on 1/18/2014The food was superb and rich in flavour. The staff was very friendly, nice and attentative. My friends and I ordered their chicken breast, duck breast, spaghetti and another pasta dish. It was delicious! We also ordered the double baked chocolate dessert and that was scrumptious. The chocolate just melts in your mouth. I will definitely return to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseSmortDined on 1/18/2014This was my first outing to La Forchetta. Friends had told me they had a really good meal there. When we arrived at 7:00 pm the restaurant was nearly empty. By 7:30 it was packed. I ordered the scallop starter, linguine de mare and honey creme brulee. The scallops were absolutely delicious, the linguine was excellent and a good sized portion and the creme brulee was heavenly. Each table gets a plate of wonderful crispy bread swimming in rosemary and oil. It was wonderful. I would certainly give this restaurant another visit. The ambience is lively, the servers are very attentive and the food excellent. The price is a bit high with $15 appetizers but it was worth it.Special Features:
- Special little Jewelmanning53Dined on 1/17/2014La Forchetta serves wonderful dishes and all 4 of us were thrilled with the quality price and wonderful service. Loved my scallops and the sea food is amazing. Definitely one of our favourites. Great in the summer as there is outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops were divineiamcanadianDined on 1/1/2014The appetizer scallops was seared to perfection and just the right chewy texture inside. The calamari was very good but I've had similar at other restaurants. Spaghetti a la forechetta was delicious and I'm definitely coming back to try the extensive wine list and risotto!Special Features:
- New Years Eve 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Went with a group for NYE and the meal was alright and nothing I'd go out of my way to recommend to anyone. This could have been a result of it being NYE but the entree's were a little bland however I would say the mushroom risotto was the best out of the group. The drink menu was great however the service was a little standoffish. If it weren't for the good company I was with, this experience would likely have been fair rather than good.Special Features:
- great dinner on a saturday nightJessicaDined on 12/28/2013Rosemary bread was outstanding, Sicillian rolls were crunchy and cheese filled - they were good but boyfriend liked them a lot more than i did. I had the seafood risotto which was delicious and had lots of scallops and mussels -- rice had a great texture and portion was just right. we were 2 of 4 people dining at first but bigger parties soon started to arrive. Attentive service, excellent food, overall great experience. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Boxing Day dinnerBigmakVIPDined on 12/26/2013It was relatively empty. Friendly and attentive service. Fairly priced and appropriate sized entrees. Decent wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere.lovedinningVIPDined on 12/21/2013Second time dining at La Forchetta and both times we were pleased. Went in with my boyfriend for dinner, from the notable wine list to the great food selection we had a great time. Staff is very friendly and accommodating and knowledgeable. Scallops are amazing**Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.