Hilton Santa Clara
4949 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-santa-clara-SJCSCHF/dining/index.html
- Phone: (408) 562-6731
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday : Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Alex Fontanilla
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to accommodate groups of up to 30ppl in our dinning room. We can also accommodate up to 180 people in our banquet space. We can offer you a custom menu or you are welcome to order off our regular menu (based on size of group). If your needs are more than that please talk to us about buying out the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether business or pleasure, our full service Sales & Catering team provides a 'can-do' attitude! With years of experience, our goal is to attend to your needs and make your event a success.
Let our catering team treat yourself and your guests to sumptuous meals and treats, created by our Chef and his culinary team. From the largest gathering to the most intimate of events, our talented Catering team has a vast array of experiences to call upon. From high level dinners for Executive Board Members to nutritional planning and catering for a professional football team, our expertise will pave the way for your event to be the talk of the town.
- Private Party Contact: Synda Villanueva 408 330 0001x6703
- Special Events: Celebrate Easter Brunch at La Fontana on Sunday, April 20th from 10am-2pm with our Mother's Day Brunch!
A word from La Fontana
An exceptional dining experience is created including a refreshing array of California and Mediterranean Riviera inspired selections. Open daily for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. After a hard day of work, join us in La Fontana! Relax and unwind with your co-workers or just a group of friends. Once you visit us, you are sure to come back!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Fontana reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Excellent for a Business LunchVisitorfromCADined on 10/14/2014Great location in Santa Clara. Good food, easy parking. Very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant in awhile and we thought lets try it again. My entree was good but my boyfriends noodles were overcooked and the sauce was off, not tasty, just seemed "aged/old". The dessert was runny, we ordered the ice cream with espresso poured over it and there was barely any ice cream. Our waiter was really nice and he did comp our dinner which was greatly appreciated. As much as the interior is nice, the staff is great but the food needs to improve before we head back again.Special Features:
- Food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Ordered the Ahi Tuna Salad wasn't impressed with, didn't finished it.
- The following 70 reviews are from the La Fontana reviews archive.
- Business lunch regularSouthBayFoodieDined on 7/17/2014We had a party is seven on this occasion. One of our members ordered soup that a one point was indicated it was on the way, but it didn't arrive until after her entree. She indicated that she did not want it any longer. I expected it to be offered to her for free at the time. It was not. Whether or not she would have accepted it or not, I don't know, but the gesture would have been appreciated. Additionally, my seared ahi seemed less that fresh which is not common here. Service was a bit disjointed, while the dining room was not full. This seemed like an off day, we will give them another try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/11/2014New restaurant/buffet tried for Mother's Day. Pleasantly surprised about the extra care to details - separate use of ballrooms, lobby/bar area, restaurant - made buffet quiet and not feeling crowded. Service was upbeat, attentive, and able to keep up with the demands of the occasion. Food selection, variety surpassed my expectation of buffet style - seafood, carving station, omelet/waffle station, dessert (of course) and traditional brunch food. Extra special celebration with complimentary professional photos and face painting area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST Mothers Day Brunch EverOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014Arrived and with reservations was no different then everyone else. We waited in a line where you pay up front with gratuity included. After that you were on your own, seated us next to a temp server station behind a wall. I had asked for a window seat. The service was mediocre at best more like you had to grab a waiter to get help and all they did was bring you drinks that was it. The food was really poor at $45 a person thought food should be at least above par but instead was not even par. Poor Omelet chef had 7 burners all alone and was also making waffles. Drastically under staffed think they were trying to make most money possible. The food was luke warm to cold and they keep running out. They Overbooked to make more money.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The Prime Rib was excellent. They served a huge variety of entrees which were excellent. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Hotel Lobby diningCaliforniaJimDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch. $60 per person( incl tax and automatic 18% tip) seems a little steep for a single serving of a third class champagne, buffet, and seating in the wind blown lobby of a Hilton Hotel. Service was desultory at best. Noise level similar to attending a 49'ers game. Could barely hear conversation across table for eight. Soccer game was on in the bar so there was some entertainment without the sound. Plentiful shrimp and half cut crab. Single 1/4 thick cut of beef roast per guest. Long lines to get in and for buffet. We will be going elsewhere next year. Am a Hilton Honors member. Not the performance I would have expected.Special Features:
- Good Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/20142nd time here. Ended up for 5 of us. We changed tables once we got there and the restaurant handled it well. We all ordered the Sonoma Chicken. It was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good place for a business lunchSBgalDined on 4/30/2014Very pricey for what you get (lunch entree salads cost more than $20) but if you need a more formal place for a business lunch it works.
- Perfect excuse to leave the officeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Ordered the spinach and ricotta ravioli with grilled shrimp. Great combination, spinach and shrimp offsets the creamy ravioli nicely. Floor to ceiling windows and decorations give the restaurant an open warm feeling. This would make a good spot to bring clients as well. I'd definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Like the healthy optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Been coming here for a couple months since I started working near by. Easy parking and great food is why we come here. The servers even remember our orders! Food taste fresh, and I love the fact I can eat healthy food for lunch. Trust me when I say if you eat the Mango Salmon Salad you will want it every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2014Menu was nice I had heard that it was a good business lunch spot. Service was quick and food came out fast.Special Features:
- Pleasant atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013At La Fontana everyone is very kind. I asked for some gluten free bread, and it was provided. Even more, one of the sous-chefs came to our table, and he was extremely kind. He wanted to know if we'll stay longer. He said that they can arrange all kind of dishes, all gluten free. We only have to let them know. I found his intervention a very pleasant and professional one. My husband and I had only breakfast and lunch, but we intend to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchPaulMDined on 10/1/2013The food was very good, as usual. The atmosphere is great for a business meeting with clients. The staff is pleasant, so overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, ambiance and servicejwl50Dined on 8/14/2013Food, ambiance and service were 'fine' for lunch with co-workers. No complaints. Overall experience was not a special enough for a celebratory lunch with new customers.
- Always easy to get a tablecupertinokimsDined on 8/2/2013Pricey, food ok, great service, always can get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The penne con pollo was undercookedKevinDined on 6/10/2013The penne con pollo was undercooked and my friend didn't like the risotto or the salmon. Kind of a one off. I've had many great meals here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Great RestaurantNikiVIPDined on 5/2/2013Will definitely continue to visit whenever I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy to get in and out atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2013Easy to get in and out at lunch. Excellent service - efficient and attentive!Special Features:
- Pretty GoodMikeVIPDined on 3/6/2013Was good, not great, I'd go back and give it another shot.
- Nice venue for a businessDavidKVIPDined on 3/1/2013Nice venue for a business lunch. Quick, efficient service with friendly staff. Balanced menu with good, healthy options and some nice salads. Essy to get in and out.Special Features:
- My 2 friends and myself reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013My 2 friends and myself really liked the ambiance, food and the servers were very attentive and friendly. We will definitely coming back when we want to hang out again.Special Features:
- Awesome service and Great food !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Awesome super warm service ! Its rare these days to find such warm people! The servers and reception staff was soo freindly and accommodating with us as we had 2 kids......we would go there soon again - lovely people and decor. Food was super delicous - lemon caper pasta, chicken tenders were sooo well made....not oily and greasy - very fresh tasting and tender.....simple menu items were done to perfection - everything was great - 5 stars !!!!Special Features:
- Service was too slow. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2013Service was too slow. Good customer service. Not a good selection for lunch.
- Its a decent restaurant withWineSharkDined on 1/14/2013Its a decent restaurant with above average food and an average wine list. Not a great list or great food but there aren't a lot of places to have a that kind of meal and get a decent bottle of wine in that part of town. I'd go again if location close to Great America or soon to be finished 49ers Stadium were an important considerationSpecial Features:
- Needs a kitchen chef overhaulBustaFoodieDined on 12/12/2012The food here is amazingly mediocre. It's not inedible, it's just bland and unmemorable.
- Service was good and folksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Service was good and folks friendly and attentive. Food was bland, uninspiring and very limited choices.
- Extremely slow service andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/9/2012Extremely slow service and very long wait until,meal was served!
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/26/2012This is a nice place to have a quiet dinner. It is a hotel restaurant. It is big and it was perfect considering it was around 10 and wanted somewhere quite.Special Features:
- Server was not knowlegableluv2eatATniceplacesDined on 5/16/2012Server was not knowlegable about the dish I ordered from the regular menu. Ahi was bad with soggy vegetables.
- Not worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/21/2012The food was nothing special. My Ribeye was seasoned and cooked, but about 30% fat. The mashed potatoes were gummy and cold. My wife's strip-steak it too reasonably cook, but the sides we burnt and cold. The wine list was extreamly poor, absolutely the far low end and nothing interesting. We definitely won't be back.
- The filet mignon was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2012The filet mignon was fantastic. Our waiters were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who has a special occasion or just for a quick lunch.Special Features:
- The food was cold and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012The food was cold and the service was very slow. The price was high and we had to get our own food and they automatically charged a 20% gratuity at the beginning before we ate. The only service was for beverages and we were almost done with our first plate of food before we had anything to drink. Even when we tried to get someones attention for help they were noqt paying attention to us.
- Just watched a documentaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012Just watched a documentary about "El Bulli", this is nowhere in the vicinity of an "El Bulli"...not in its wildest dreams.
- Good lunch place, on the nicerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/24/2012Good lunch place, on the nicer side. A bit pricey.Special Features:
- I had dinner there four timesJanetDined on 2/23/2012I had dinner there four times and haven't had a bad meal yet. They do a great job on their fish. I'd definitely return when staying at the Hilton again.Special Features:
- La Fontana was a good lunchDob429Dined on 2/21/2012La Fontana was a good lunch spot for a working group. Good food selection, generous portions, and good service.
- It was a disappointing diningKarenVIPDined on 1/21/2012It was a disappointing dining experience. The place was not filled by any means and yet the service was poor. The waiter seemed to disappear for periods of time. Part of the menu offering that was online for both lunch and dinner was not available upon asking. The food was bland. We won't be back and would not recommend it to others.
- First time there. Went withchewmanVIPDined on 12/20/2011First time there. Went with business associates and had an excellent lunch. Jambalaya had it's own unique flavor and was very tasty. Mushroom ravioli wa s different and also very good. Garlic mashed potatoe casserole was different but quite good.Special Features: