La Fontana Siciliana
120 Blanchard Street
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Siciliana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanasiciliana.com/
- Phone: 2064411045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Mario Fuenzalida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fontana Siciliana
La Fontana is an urban oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of Belltown. As you step into the courtyard you are drawn in by the bubbling fountain and the aroma of Sicilian cuisine in the air. La Fontana has been a fixture in Belltown for over a decade. Proprietor Mario Fuenzalida’s food philosophy of utilizing the freshest ingredients prepared to order ensures that every meal is a pleasurable and memorable experience. The wine list has been specially crafted as a showcase to the food; it features quality Sicilian and Italian wines that highlight the unique flavors of La Fontana’s menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fontana Siciliana - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
La Fontana Siciliana reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (70)great for outdoor dining (64)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (24)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Since it opened 29 years ago, we've celebrated most of our anniversaries there. When courtyard is open, the water splashing in the fountains mask all of the city noise and it's a peaceful and romantic setting. The rooms inside are also most attractive and create a cozy atmosphere. Mario's food never disappoints; I like to try different dishes but can't resist going back to the Pasta con le Sarde and the Risotto ai Fungi. (With the Risotto, you have to close your eyes and exhale through your nose to get the full effect of the Porcini mushrooms!) My favorite antipasto is the Melenzana and as the flavor of the well-grilled eggplant has infused the olive oil dressing, I mop up every trace of it with bread.Special Features:
- We love this place...........OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This has become our favorite restaurant. The food is authentic and well presented but not pretentious. Their special dishes of the day are always outstanding. My favorite on their menu is the Spaghetti Norma- I salivate just thinking of it. We normally let our waiter pick out a bottle of wine for us. We've never been disappointed in the wine or felt we paid too much for what we were served. This is the place to go when you want a memorable, really pleasant evening with your spouse, significant other or a few close friends. It has great food, great service and a wonderful, unique atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianJDRPDined on 9/10/2014I saw there was a Groupon for this place so I got it on a whim. I'm glad I did, because I don't think I would've known about it otherwise. Everything was delicious. The menu was so full of good choices that it took me a long time to pick something and I can't wait to go back to try more. The fresh pasta was perfect, and the bruschetta was very flavorful. Don't miss the tiramisu!Special Features:
- A quiet spot in BelltownMickyBDined on 9/9/2014It was our first visit to Seattle in 12 years and we realized we were staying near an Italian restaurant we’d stumbled upon in Belltown on that earlier visit. We are glad we went back – the food was very good (particularly my wife’s Veal Marsala) and the service excellent. I was a little disappointed that for a Sicilian restaurant there was nothing more adventurous than Nero d’Avola in red wine (such as Nerello Mascalese or Frappato), but there was a lovely Grillo white available by the glass. Each time we ate in the courtyard so cannot comment on the interior.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/7/2014La Fontana is one of my favorites and I go there frequently. The menu changes little over time, but the choices are always excellent.Special Features:
- ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACESPLMALMDined on 9/5/2014LA FANTANA OFFERS EXCELLENT FOOD, GOOD WINES AND WONDERFUL, GRACIOUS SERVICE. THE ATMOSPHERE IS DEFINITELY OLD EUROPEAN AND FRIENDLY. IT'S ONE OF OUR MOST FAVORITE PLACES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refuge in vibrant BelltownWayneVIPDined on 9/1/2014Good escape place from the high energy of Belltown. Good for date night or conversation. Do not expect rushed service or hasty meal, but enjoy as the Italians do for a leisurely dining experience. Excellent Sicilian cuisine, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , unfriendly waitermykatieDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here several times and think the food is outstanding. However I have found the waiters to act like they are doing you a favor and just wish you would go away and not bother them. Not to give all the waiters a bad report because the table near us had a warm friendly one. We will continue to eat here because the food is so goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniiversary dinnerlanceonwineDined on 8/29/2014Hard to believe it took a Groupon to get us here! Lovely restaurant, great service, awesome food. Sat in the lit courtyard. Lovely! Will be back!Special Features:
- I found a spotjuanchoDined on 8/29/2014I moved to seattle 5 months ago and i have been looking for a restaurant which is unique. This is the first restaurant i found in seattle that i will tell people in Vancouver BC about. It is also the first restaurant in seattle that i want to come back to. Old world service, no rush to get me out and a fabulously well cooked meal (i had the lamb)Special Features:
- puffinDined on 8/25/2014Lovely place to go on a warm summer evening. Sit and relax by the fountain. Go for the house-made pasta. Save room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto bene!aubergineDined on 8/24/2014We were greeted warmly in Italian by Mario, the owner, and were seated right next to "la fontana". The menu was full of choices ranging from Sicilian specialties to standard Italian pastas. I'm sure we had the best bruscetta we've ever had, done to perfection with well-seasoned, fresh tomatoes. This is a true urban food oasis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the sorbet!DebRDined on 8/23/2014The meal was delicious and we were too full for the items on the tempting dessert platter. The server mentioned that they also offered sorbet. I ordered the lemon and my husband the peach. The sorbet was served in a frozen fruit. So pretty and refreshing on a hot day-perfect end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and romanticseattlepatriciaDined on 8/22/2014On a warm Seattle night, sitting outside in the courtyard of this restaurant is just the place to be. The service is smooth and the wait staff knowledgeable. Skip the salad/appetizers, spend the extra $1.00 to share the salad special of the day and get right to the main courses because this is where they really know what they're doing -- the Italian food is sensational. The food is expertly prepared, the sauces are freshly made and wonderful. Once you've made your choices, consult with the staff for wine and don't be afraid to ask questions. For dessert, linger over a digestif then walk around Belltown, which has become a lively and interesting neighborhood.Special Features:
- Superb diningJerseaphoVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always outstanding food, service, ambience. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swissgurl527Dined on 8/21/2014This night will stay in my memory for a long time! Especially for the romantic ambiance :) The bread (the one served before the entrée) was a bit dry but the olive&garlic sauce served with it compensated for it. The cannoli served in dessert was unfortunately filled with a sort of whipped cream instead of the usual ricotta, which was a shame but it was nice anyway. I appreciated the fact that the waiters didn't hover over us and urge us to finish our meal quickly, like in American restaurants. We really were able to take our time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hole in the wall you wantAverageJoeWithKidsDined on 8/17/2014Can not say enough good about the food. The raviolis were the best!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableoktoeatDined on 8/17/2014The food and wine are excellent, the service fast and efficient, and the setting was wonderful. We were seated next to a fountain in a courtyard. We looked at the inside seating afterwards and thought it would be fun to eat inside sometime too. It is very charming and old world. There is an old upright piano which gave me pictures in my mind of scenes from old movies. Parking was no problem in this busy part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real Italian restaurant!tellsusanneDined on 8/16/2014Can't believe I found this place. I'm in love! This is a real Italian restaurant (Sicily), absolutely authentic dishes, to die for. I probably will when I step on my scale but hey, it was worth it. Outdoor seating is the best, glad I went there on a warm summer day. The ambience in the small courtyard with the fountain in the middle alone is worth the visit. Being served by charming Italian servers, being seduced by a tray of delicious Italian deserts, is the perfect experience for a rendezvous as well as to let the week end with being spoiled (by husband and the well put together menu). It's best place outside of Italy for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience - but ...SeattlephotogVIPDined on 8/13/2014… charging $35 wine corkage is absurdly high, especially in Belltown. I know of only one other restaurant in Seattle that charges so much. The standard in Belltown is $15-20.
- Love this place.peachesDined on 8/12/2014The only Seattle spot that makes me truly feel like I could be back in Italy.Special Features:
- YummmmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Everything was top notch --- service (Mario); meals (mushroom soup, house salads, veal scallopini & seafood risotto), ambiance (we ate outside on the charming terrace and we're early, so quiet); the wine (chosen by Mario for me) was one I'd never had before & will try to find again. We will most certainly go again!Special Features:
- Great findMBtrvlDined on 8/8/2014Great atmosphere especially on the outdoor patio. Enjoyed the cannelloni, tortellini and linguini. Service by Mario was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite kind of restaurantINFJDined on 8/8/2014Tasty, interesting food that we don't cook at home; quiet, intimate; no loud music, so you can have an intimate conversation; attentive, but not intrusive service. You know how rare this is? It's pricey for our budget, but we've gone there for special occasions for twenty years.Special Features:
- Good food, great atmosphereSchmutzDined on 8/1/2014When weather is good - the courtyard is unbeatable. Food standard is very high as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysDaveVIPDined on 7/27/2014This has turned into our favorite local Italian restaurant. We both ordered one of the specials of the night and both were superb. Mario waited on us and we always enjoy that. It was a perfect Seattle summer night and we comfortably sat at an outdoor seat which made the night even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and food was greatjmg98118VIPDined on 7/27/2014we have been here before and are never disappointed, They make a lovely Caesar Salad with a great creamy dressing, we had the Veal with the lemon and white wine sauce, veal was cooked to perfection and the sauce was great. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating 11 years and found this gem! We will be back!!! Best Italian I've had and I've had plenty!! Unique and full of flavor, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute!KirstinDined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed it's quaint and authentic environment, the service was outstanding. We enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Wonderful romantic mealClaireDined on 7/18/2014I had a reservation for 2 at 9pm this past Friday night. By 9:20, we were the only ones in the restaurant. For a Friday night in downtown Seattle during Summer, this seemed a bit odd. Nonetheless, the outside dining area is beautiful, the Italian waiters were friendly, and the food was amazing. We shared the bruschetta appetizer, had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. I had the black linguine with salmon, which was AMAZING. My boyfriend had the chicken marsala, which he enjoyed - I am not a fan of marsala/mushrooms from anywhere, so I can't say too much! We had a groupon - otherwise, $110 for the meal seemed a little pricey. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant. My parents have been going for years, and it is definitely authentic Siclian.Special Features:
- Awesome Italian dinning experienceLuvItalianDined on 7/14/2014I used Groupon and took my teenager for her birthday dinner. Our server was the best and food was outstanding. The ambiance was calm and it felt like being in Italy for dinner. Great service!!Special Features:
- Great Authentic Sicilian ExperienceVickiDined on 7/14/2014My daughter and I were in Seattle this past weekend and wanted to experience not just Italian cuisine, but Sicilian cuisine and La Fontana Siciliana fit the bill. Our server was very profession, knowledgeable and attentive. We had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Have been going to this Sicilian restaurant in my neighborhood for twenty years and it never disappoints. Service is excellent; lovely and quiet atmosphere; outside dining on a warm night. Most of all the food is wonderful - fresh, well prepared and interesting. We have celebrated family events here.Special Features:
- A quiet, romantic favoritebigcitytravelerDined on 7/9/2014Love this intimate, truly Italian restaurant. It's especially nice to sit outside by the fountain in the summertime (it can get a bit warm inside). Favorite dishes include the spaghetti with sardines in tomato sauce, sautéed escarole, and lamb tenderloin marsala. Always perfectly cooked! Service is respectful and helpful, but not over-the-top or intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very, very goodJackDined on 7/3/2014I've been there many times and it's consistently excellent. Great outdoor dining as well as cozy inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 2 couple eveningRanboDined on 6/28/2014First time there was a romantic couple outing. This time we took friends. The prawn risotto special was OUTSTANDING. The ambiance is true Italian, it reminded all of us of when we traveled to Italy. Inspired me to make caprese and chicken marsala the next night.Special Features:
- La Fontana SicilianaNinaDined on 6/18/2014is a beautiful restaurant, physically and culinarily. Food and service were great, recommend it wholeheartedly.Special Features:
- Romantic Sicily in SeattleliquidvoyageVIPDined on 6/17/2014I can't believe it took me so long to try La Fontana. Now it is a regular stop for me and my friends when we want a relaxing, upscale meal downtown. La Fontana, as the name suggests, is just off a lovely little courtyard with a fountain. During the summer you can choose to eat outside by the fountain. The interior ambiance is cozy and classic with Old World charm. Above all, the food is the perfect balance of gourmet with Sicilian comfort. Run by Italians, you can expect standard fare such as bruschetta and pesto mixed with a heavy dose of seafood representative of Sicilian cuisine. Perennial favorites include the calamari with pesto, Fettucine ai Funghi(with truffle oil) and the Spaghetti alla Norma. Buon Appetito!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We always go to La Fontana on special occasions. The food is excellent, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is intimate. It is one of our favorite Seattle places. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Best Italian in belltownBisquitdinesoutDined on 6/10/2014Homemade pasta that melts in your mouth. Delicious and reasonably priced wine. Superior service staff. Great to sit outside on the patio or inside the cozy dining room. Great for romance or an impressive meal with foodie friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.