La Fontana Siciliana
120 Blanchard Street
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Siciliana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanasiciliana.com/
- Phone: 2064411045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Mario Fuenzalida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fontana Siciliana
La Fontana is an urban oasis amidst the hustle and bustle of Belltown. As you step into the courtyard you are drawn in by the bubbling fountain and the aroma of Sicilian cuisine in the air. La Fontana has been a fixture in Belltown for over a decade. Proprietor Mario Fuenzalida’s food philosophy of utilizing the freshest ingredients prepared to order ensures that every meal is a pleasurable and memorable experience. The wine list has been specially crafted as a showcase to the food; it features quality Sicilian and Italian wines that highlight the unique flavors of La Fontana’s menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fontana Siciliana - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
La Fontana Siciliana reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (76)neighborhood gem (68)great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (56)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (27)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- expensive over cooked pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014expensive over cooked pasta, all 3 of our pastas were over cooked, sauced tasted like canned or bottled sauce that you can pick it up anywhere.
- Great Sicilian restaurantElouneDined on 10/25/2014We really enjoyed it: the place is charming, food is very good. It was really quiet and peaceful. Just great, we will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I decided to take my girlfriend here based on the reviews, as we both enjoy Italian food, however this place did not live up to the reviews. The ambiance of the place is great! The food is relatively average, and the service in my opinion was a little lacking.
- Hidden Sicilian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Fantastic experience. Amazing old school Sicilian dishes. Great family owned atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great experience .seattletrainerDined on 10/13/2014I take my wife for her birthday as sorprice , also I never be there and was fantastic the service and 100% sicilian. Gratzie!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014It is not often that you get a great meal with better service and but we got both.Special Features:
- YuminfluentDined on 9/27/2014I had the beef ravioli with the tomato mascarpone cream sauce, and it was amazing. My wife had the chicken marsala, which she liked but I thought was boring. We shared peach salad special and both loved it. The free bread was not even worth eating, I prefer warm and chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sicilian FoodBriansDiningExperienceDined on 9/27/2014The food was great and the restaurant is tucked into a quaint location. The only thing I would quibble about was that the service was a bit slow.....Seems we waited just a bit long between the time we placed the order and the time we were served.Special Features:
- For an authentic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Highly recommended for those who believe that the food should be the centerpiece of any dining experience, not many local restaurants can rate higher than La Fontana Siciliana. An absolute must for diners who love good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor diningSirahDined on 9/21/2014Tasty and really cozy restaurant. I wish they had a little bigger table though.Special Features:
- fantasticgoodeatsDined on 9/19/2014food, wine, location, service - all simply perfect.Special Features:
- Hidden treasureKennethDined on 9/19/2014It was like finding a secret treasure..reminded me of dining in similar places in Italy .Special Features:
- very pretty place, average foodSquurtlepurtDined on 9/18/2014It was good enough but I expect much more for that price-point, especially in Seattle where you can get a lot of amazing food. We ordered a substantial amount of food and nothing blew our minds. I am a cook and can cook better than that. There also aren't many Sicilian specialities offered there. Oh well.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodJBandKPDined on 9/17/2014I've eaten many times at La Fontana Siciliana, and the food is always great. The mainly Italian wine list, while not huge, is very well paired with the food. Owner Mario also waits tables and provides elegant, superb service. If asked, he'll also drag out a couple of wines that aren't on the list but are worth your while in choosing. This little Belltown gem is worth visiting, and will most likely wind up on your repeat list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True gem in downtown, loved it!KapaluaKatDined on 9/16/2014The center courtyard with fountain sets the stage for a magical evening. Owner Mario will guide you to great menu selection with good wine pairing. Food was very good, graciously served and presented. How could we have missed this before?. Booked a table on Open Table from Hawaii and so glad we did. Will certainly return. By the way Tiramisu was heavenly. Aloha Mario!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantTuriduDined on 9/14/2014Since it opened 29 years ago, we've celebrated most of our anniversaries there. When courtyard is open, the water splashing in the fountains mask all of the city noise and it's a peaceful and romantic setting. The rooms inside are also most attractive and create a cozy atmosphere. Mario's food never disappoints; I like to try different dishes but can't resist going back to the Pasta con le Sarde and the Risotto ai Fungi. (With the Risotto, you have to close your eyes and exhale through your nose to get the full effect of the Porcini mushrooms!) My favorite antipasto is the Melenzana and as the flavor of the well-grilled eggplant has infused the olive oil dressing, I mop up every trace of it with bread.Special Features:
- We love this place...........LoveLifeOnFirstHillDined on 9/12/2014This has become our favorite restaurant. The food is authentic and well presented but not pretentious. Their special dishes of the day are always outstanding. My favorite on their menu is the Spaghetti Norma- I salivate just thinking of it. We normally let our waiter pick out a bottle of wine for us. We've never been disappointed in the wine or felt we paid too much for what we were served. This is the place to go when you want a memorable, really pleasant evening with your spouse, significant other or a few close friends. It has great food, great service and a wonderful, unique atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianJDRPDined on 9/10/2014I saw there was a Groupon for this place so I got it on a whim. I'm glad I did, because I don't think I would've known about it otherwise. Everything was delicious. The menu was so full of good choices that it took me a long time to pick something and I can't wait to go back to try more. The fresh pasta was perfect, and the bruschetta was very flavorful. Don't miss the tiramisu!Special Features:
- A quiet spot in BelltownMickyBDined on 9/9/2014It was our first visit to Seattle in 12 years and we realized we were staying near an Italian restaurant we’d stumbled upon in Belltown on that earlier visit. We are glad we went back – the food was very good (particularly my wife’s Veal Marsala) and the service excellent. I was a little disappointed that for a Sicilian restaurant there was nothing more adventurous than Nero d’Avola in red wine (such as Nerello Mascalese or Frappato), but there was a lovely Grillo white available by the glass. Each time we ate in the courtyard so cannot comment on the interior.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/7/2014La Fontana is one of my favorites and I go there frequently. The menu changes little over time, but the choices are always excellent.Special Features:
- great food, bad servicesparky1wifeDined on 9/5/2014Our dinner was great as usual, however the elder waiter we had seemed to have a problem with us. When we completed our meal we sat back and waited to order a coffee or dessert but apparently the waiter decided we were done as we were not offered either as h simply walked by and threw the bill on the table. We payed the bill (zero tip), walked out and will not return.
- ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACESPLMALMDined on 9/5/2014LA FANTANA OFFERS EXCELLENT FOOD, GOOD WINES AND WONDERFUL, GRACIOUS SERVICE. THE ATMOSPHERE IS DEFINITELY OLD EUROPEAN AND FRIENDLY. IT'S ONE OF OUR MOST FAVORITE PLACES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refuge in vibrant BelltownWayneVIPDined on 9/1/2014Good escape place from the high energy of Belltown. Good for date night or conversation. Do not expect rushed service or hasty meal, but enjoy as the Italians do for a leisurely dining experience. Excellent Sicilian cuisine, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , unfriendly waitermykatieDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here several times and think the food is outstanding. However I have found the waiters to act like they are doing you a favor and just wish you would go away and not bother them. Not to give all the waiters a bad report because the table near us had a warm friendly one. We will continue to eat here because the food is so goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniiversary dinnerlanceonwineDined on 8/29/2014Hard to believe it took a Groupon to get us here! Lovely restaurant, great service, awesome food. Sat in the lit courtyard. Lovely! Will be back!Special Features:
- I found a spotjuanchoDined on 8/29/2014I moved to seattle 5 months ago and i have been looking for a restaurant which is unique. This is the first restaurant i found in seattle that i will tell people in Vancouver BC about. It is also the first restaurant in seattle that i want to come back to. Old world service, no rush to get me out and a fabulously well cooked meal (i had the lamb)Special Features:
- puffinDined on 8/25/2014Lovely place to go on a warm summer evening. Sit and relax by the fountain. Go for the house-made pasta. Save room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto bene!aubergineDined on 8/24/2014We were greeted warmly in Italian by Mario, the owner, and were seated right next to "la fontana". The menu was full of choices ranging from Sicilian specialties to standard Italian pastas. I'm sure we had the best bruscetta we've ever had, done to perfection with well-seasoned, fresh tomatoes. This is a true urban food oasis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the sorbet!DebRDined on 8/23/2014The meal was delicious and we were too full for the items on the tempting dessert platter. The server mentioned that they also offered sorbet. I ordered the lemon and my husband the peach. The sorbet was served in a frozen fruit. So pretty and refreshing on a hot day-perfect end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and romanticseattlepatriciaDined on 8/22/2014On a warm Seattle night, sitting outside in the courtyard of this restaurant is just the place to be. The service is smooth and the wait staff knowledgeable. Skip the salad/appetizers, spend the extra $1.00 to share the salad special of the day and get right to the main courses because this is where they really know what they're doing -- the Italian food is sensational. The food is expertly prepared, the sauces are freshly made and wonderful. Once you've made your choices, consult with the staff for wine and don't be afraid to ask questions. For dessert, linger over a digestif then walk around Belltown, which has become a lively and interesting neighborhood.Special Features:
- Superb diningJerseaphoVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always outstanding food, service, ambience. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swissgurl527Dined on 8/21/2014This night will stay in my memory for a long time! Especially for the romantic ambiance :) The bread (the one served before the entrée) was a bit dry but the olive&garlic sauce served with it compensated for it. The cannoli served in dessert was unfortunately filled with a sort of whipped cream instead of the usual ricotta, which was a shame but it was nice anyway. I appreciated the fact that the waiters didn't hover over us and urge us to finish our meal quickly, like in American restaurants. We really were able to take our time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hole in the wall you wantAverageJoeWithKidsDined on 8/17/2014Can not say enough good about the food. The raviolis were the best!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableoktoeatDined on 8/17/2014The food and wine are excellent, the service fast and efficient, and the setting was wonderful. We were seated next to a fountain in a courtyard. We looked at the inside seating afterwards and thought it would be fun to eat inside sometime too. It is very charming and old world. There is an old upright piano which gave me pictures in my mind of scenes from old movies. Parking was no problem in this busy part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real Italian restaurant!tellsusanneDined on 8/16/2014Can't believe I found this place. I'm in love! This is a real Italian restaurant (Sicily), absolutely authentic dishes, to die for. I probably will when I step on my scale but hey, it was worth it. Outdoor seating is the best, glad I went there on a warm summer day. The ambience in the small courtyard with the fountain in the middle alone is worth the visit. Being served by charming Italian servers, being seduced by a tray of delicious Italian deserts, is the perfect experience for a rendezvous as well as to let the week end with being spoiled (by husband and the well put together menu). It's best place outside of Italy for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience - but ...SeattlephotogVIPDined on 8/13/2014… charging $35 wine corkage is absurdly high, especially in Belltown. I know of only one other restaurant in Seattle that charges so much. The standard in Belltown is $15-20.
- Love this place.peachesDined on 8/12/2014The only Seattle spot that makes me truly feel like I could be back in Italy.Special Features:
- YummmmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Everything was top notch --- service (Mario); meals (mushroom soup, house salads, veal scallopini & seafood risotto), ambiance (we ate outside on the charming terrace and we're early, so quiet); the wine (chosen by Mario for me) was one I'd never had before & will try to find again. We will most certainly go again!Special Features:
- Great findMBtrvlDined on 8/8/2014Great atmosphere especially on the outdoor patio. Enjoyed the cannelloni, tortellini and linguini. Service by Mario was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite kind of restaurantINFJDined on 8/8/2014Tasty, interesting food that we don't cook at home; quiet, intimate; no loud music, so you can have an intimate conversation; attentive, but not intrusive service. You know how rare this is? It's pricey for our budget, but we've gone there for special occasions for twenty years.Special Features: