La Fontana Coast
5000 Landis Avenue
Sea Isle City, NJ 08234Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Coast
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanacoast.com/
- Phone: 6094866088
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily for Dinner 4 pm to 10 pm; Friday and Saturday until 11 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bujar Daku
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: 10 to 100 people
- Entertainment: Opera Nights. Call for information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner; Valentine's Day Dinner; Polar Bear Plunge Weekend. Reopen March 22, 2012.
A word from La Fontana Coast
La Fontana Coast brings fine dining to the shore. Beautifully located a block from the beach in Sea Isle City, New Jersey, La Fontana Coast brings a wonderfully breathtaking Mediterranean style ambiance to the Jersey shore, complete with an elegantly infectious Southern Italian seaside villa decor with an amazing view of the ocean. La Fontana Coast prepares deliciously authentic and classic Italian cuisine served with charm and smile, where guests can let their hair down, relax and take a vacation from their vacation. Bring your favorite bottle of wine and an appetite for classic fine Italian food and homemade desserts and get swept away al La Fontana Coast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Fontana Coast - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
La Fontana Coast reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (75)great for outdoor dining (66)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (49)special occasion (38)romantic (19)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014four of us dined at La Fontana and each of us enjoyed a delicious meal. The food was well prepared served nicely and tasted very good. It is a great restaurant and they are very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Popular neighborhood hauntPacoVIPDined on 9/27/2014La fontana Coast is a nice restaurant with good food, in a convenient location. Unfortunately it's pretty much the only game in towN and gets very crowded. There didnt seem to be any point in making a reservation, as we still just had to wait with everyone else. We were seated at 8:15 fo a 7:45 reservation, and there were other groups with 7:45 reservation time that were seated after us. The servers hustled and were friendly, but the restaurant suffers from trying to take everyone who comes along. Byob is nice,but I think next time iI'd rather eat at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodMsmazzDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time there. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymoonersDined on 9/27/2014LaFontana is always consistent...Great Food, Good Service! The tables are very close together but no one seems to mind since the food and service are really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylDined on 9/27/2014The food & service was fantastic. We are only in the area once a year, but we always choose La Fontana Coast for our evening out.Special Features:
- Way to Max your tableskkimber19VIPDined on 9/26/2014Although the food is always consistently good southern Italian it no longer makes up for sitting atop of your neighbor. Why do these shore locations feel that they need to max out their tables? The Fire Chief needs to check this place out. Will not visit again!
- MLPADined on 9/20/2014Excellent as always ! Best to go early or late to avoid crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 9/20/2014Excellent specials, one fish, one pasta. Superb. Really. Service was top drawer. We are regulars.Special Features:
- LoveyLoveyDined on 9/18/2014Excellent dining experience all the way around. Dinner was absolutely delicious! I inquired about switching out one pasta for another in the dish and no hesitation whatsoever in fulfilling my request. I'm only sorry I was visiting the area and don't live nearby or I'd be a frequent diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014BYOB nice feature. Veal parm is patties ord chicken instead. V parm was softSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overflow crowdGimmeSomeSpaceDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has to accommodate less patrons to improve the overall experience. We were jammed into a corner with 8 inches between us and the next table. The instant one person has taken their last bite, their plate is swept away. It is anything but relaxing.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian BYOB!JulesDined on 9/13/2014Six couples and six fantastic meals! We all ordered different apps and entrees and I have to say all were outstanding. You have to love a restaurant that has an arugula salad on the menu, fresh pasta, fresh fish & seafood...all impeccably presented, delicious and paired with your own wine...can't ask for anything more. The service was very good and our waitress was pleasant and knowledgeable. Will definitely be back next time we're at the shore! ; )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedKooshyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been dining at Fontana in Strathmere for over 10 years and this location did not meet our expectations. The description of "set a few steps from the beach " dining is deceptive, if "a few steps" means two blocks from the beach only if you dine outside and look up the street. The maitre' d seemed as if he had somewhere better to be and told us to "hold on" while we provided the name for our reservation. One of the members of our party has a gluten intolerance and I realize the last place we would want to eat is an italian restaurant. However, please do not advertise you can accomodate all diets, we were told the only GF option was the risotto. The food is good, but we will not return to this restaurant.
- Great Food, Great ServiceDoniDined on 9/13/2014Love this place. We celebrated my husband's birthday here and totally enjoyed it. The food is wonderful and the service is great! What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Nice Evening at the beachDianeDined on 9/8/2014The food was delicious. We both had pasta, and it was cooked to perfection and delicious. My Cesar Salad was the best I've ever tasted. Even the bread was delicious. I like the fact that it's BYO, and an all around very nice evening.Special Features:
- FabulousMichelleDined on 9/5/2014Fabulous dinner to end our summer in Sea Isle City. The portions were big and the food was outstanding. A little bit of a wait for our meal but well worth it.Special Features:
- BEYOND FABULOUSBEATLEFAN7Dined on 9/5/2014WE HAD DINED HERE EARLIER N THE WEEK AND THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE BEYOND FABULOUS...WE CAME BACK AGAIN ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SERVICE WAS NOT AS GOOD AS EARLIER IN THE WEEK BUT THE FOOD SUPERB. G EARLY AND MAKE A RESERVATION... A REAL GEMSpecial Features:
- Trade - OffsPhilMeupDined on 9/2/2014The food was quite good, especially the Veal Francese - and I will gladly return. However, they do "pack them in like sardines," and the noise level is troublesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian in SICPleasureinSIC39VIPDined on 9/1/2014Love to sit outside. Great Food!!! If you like Gnocchi's this is the place for you, I love the Sorrentino but that is a personal favorite. Great Milanese, Bolognese etc.. A must try it's Great!Special Features:
- Food is consistently very goodNancyDined on 8/30/2014This is my favorite restaurant in SIC. The food is consistently very good and the service experienced and attentive. The dining room is tight with tables in order to accommodate the crowds in the summer, which is understandable. This does contribute to the noise level. I hope they stay open on weekends in the off season!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeDineemupDined on 8/30/2014Food was really good. Service was great. My pasta special was wonderful, but it was way too overpriced ($37) compaired to the prices on the menu for similar dishes. So make sure you ask how much the specials are before ordering. I dine out often and I usually order specials, so I was prepared for a higher price then the menu, just not that much higher. Thankfully the meal was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Sea Isle CityTBoneDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful BYOB. I've been here many, many times and it never disappoints us. You consistantly get a great meal. Love the arugula salad, all the chicken and veal dishes. Our favorite is the gnocchi, both red and white, a must try. Also, a really good Bolognese sauce. Only complaint is that it get very full inside and then gets so noisy you have to shout. But a small price to pay for a great night out.Special Features:
- Best in Sea Isle CityMrPEsqVIPDined on 8/29/2014Of course, it's also the only one of its kind in SIC - upscale Italian. La Fontana Coast really packs them in pretty much every night of the week. And on weekends, they turn over about 150 seats a full 3 times. Amazing. But there is a reason. Reliably fresh and well prepared Italian fare with lots of seafood, chicken and veal choices, reasonably priced and efficiently served. BYO is a big plus - drink the best for less. Sidewalk seating (half the seating capacity is outside) does not offer a great view - location is on the main drag and it's not surrounded by anything special to look at. But they dress it up with palm trees and umbrellas and it's just a great place to have dinner al fresco with friends and family in the summertime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodTheposturecoachDined on 8/28/2014though pricey, the food here has been extraordinary ever time we've eaten hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerAng78Dined on 8/27/2014Everything was wonderful. This was our 3rd time here and we can't wait to go back. Food was AWESOME and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Love this placeKTavDined on 8/22/2014My boyfriend and I have been here several times and it is always great. It's a byo, which we like, and has a relatively large menu. Recommend the veal dishes especially the veal fontana. Everything we have ordered has always been delicious, hot, and the bread is great. It can be loud on busy nights but you can be seated outside which reduces noise level a bit. The specials are ever changing and always awesome. Look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DdubsVIPDined on 8/19/2014We came in late on a weekday and it was quite empty. There was just one party of 8 inside. They sat us right next to them. Although they were not boisterous we had to contend with talking over one loud speaking guest at that table. There were 3 in our party. Our apps were brought out staggered, as were our entrees. Not a long time in between, but unnecessarily staggered One in our party ordered seafood risotto. There was enough rice to resemble a small mountain in the Himilayas. The dwarfed ring of seafood was chewy and rubbery. 2/3 of the meal was left. An order of veal franchise was fine - but nothing special. Tilapia was gushy. We had to rush out when the smell of some deodorizing product from the bathroom overwhelmed us.
- We had a great group eventmprince676Dined on 8/19/2014There were 10 in our celebration dinner party. We had a well chosen table set up for us in advance out of the way of the regular business of the restaurant and were immediately served once our party began to arrive and get seated. We took advantage of their prix fixe special meal selection for the evening. The only confusing part was that our entire party had to choose that instead of a la carte. No matter, the entrees were all excellent and several people had more food than they could eat. We will certainly be back to this location again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach EaterCampyDined on 8/17/2014Above average for the shore. Priced right, BYOB, Friendly staff. I received good service on a night when there wasn't a seat open in the whole restaurant. I will return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal was superbnyvacationersDined on 8/14/2014We vacation in the area every year and make it a point to stop by for dinner. thie year the resturant was overflowing on a Thursday evening, our open table reservation was ready on time. Service good for the crowd. This environment lends itself to an longer meal time, but that was fine because it is not fast food. The meal was excellent and the chef made a point to come by and say hello before we ordered and again after the meal to make sure we enjoyed everything. This was our third year stopping and we by will be back again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Shore" to pleaseElleKayDined on 8/14/2014LaFontana Coast is always a great time, an excellent meal and the best place for a nice adult meal in Sea Isle. Can certainly accommodate children, but it's a nice place for the grown ups to have a wonderful night out with amazing food from start to finish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!SalJunebug1VIPDined on 8/6/2014We started with the beet salad of the day which was plenty for 3 of us! I had the shrimp risotto and loved it. My husband had pasta with seafood and our vegetarian son had pasta with marina sauce. We enjoyed dessert and coffee. Water was replenished regularly. Everything was wonderful. After eating the fine meal and experiencing the good service, I understand why people exiting the restaurant when we arrived were kissing and thanking the chef! It is also a BYOB!!!Special Features:
- Love this placeDoniDined on 8/5/2014We go here because the food and service is consistently great! We always feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJimboDined on 8/2/2014Very nice, white table dining in Sea Isle City - a bit noisy inside, but you can carry on a conversation with your dining partner(s). Wait staff was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les58VIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate outside on a beautiful evening although the inside looked very crowded and noisy. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Fantastic BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014The food is fabulous! We went two weekends in a row. Great outdoor eating. We received complimentary limoncello both times. Best place in Sea Isle to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerTommyHoDined on 7/30/2014Solid menu and excellent food/service. Our dinner was memorable. Love the BYOB!Special Features:
- Rough Start but Good EndingChris77Dined on 7/27/2014The restaurant seemed to get hit with a lot of patrons at once and there seemed to be terrible communication between the managers and the servers. We got seated right away but it took quite a while for anyone to notice that we were there. However, once it was clear who our server was, she did a great job of keeping on top of our needs. The food was absolutely delicious - I tried a pasta special stuffed with fig and gorgonzola and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement get togetherEDocVIPDined on 7/26/2014our recent visit was to celebrate a retirement, and while the restaurant is small they did a wonderful job accomodating a party of 10. The services as always was impeccable as was the food. For 4 of our guest this was their first time dining at La Fontana Coast and they were totally impressed.Special Features:
- Another great meal...GregWestChesterPADined on 7/21/2014...with terrific, friendly service. Veal was very tender. Large, fresh shrimp. Great taste to all of the sauces. Terrific arugula salad special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.